PDA

View Full Version : Alice In Chains & Soundgarden US tour?

WOLVERINEKILLS
10-24-2012, 07:11 PM
A radio DJ from Seattle told me that after an interview with one of the band members they revealed to him that both bands management were discussing the bands doing a coheadline tour of the US in early 2013. Not sure if it made it past the discussion stages or not, but if so the tour was to be announced before Thanksgiving in time for people to order tickets for the holidays. Thought I would pass this along.

IrritatedTrout
10-24-2012, 07:16 PM
That would be amazing.

WOLVERINEKILLS
10-24-2012, 07:17 PM
That would be amazing.

Yes it would. The rumor was Pearl Jam instead of AiC but from what I understand that was a rumor that was made up and nothing more.

anomynous
10-24-2012, 07:17 PM
Will go. Took long enough for this tour to happen since the Soundgarden reunion.

Wonder if this means there's a new AIC album?

WOLVERINEKILLS
10-24-2012, 07:39 PM
Will go. Took long enough for this tour to happen since the Soundgarden reunion.

Wonder if this means there's a new AIC album?

I asked that as well and he said it was near completion. I bet it drops before the tour and is announced the day the Soundgarden album is released but that is just a guess.

elturtleboy
10-24-2012, 08:18 PM
Ahhh this is actually cool.

RampinUp46
10-24-2012, 09:09 PM
:drool:

PVH5150
10-24-2012, 09:20 PM
I'd go only if it was a co-headlining tour with no openers and each band did at least an hour and a half.

detuned
10-24-2012, 09:21 PM
A radio DJ from Seattle told me
https://www.facebook.com/Wolverinekills/posts/440759372626226

anomynous
10-24-2012, 09:31 PM
http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b284/cool1337/TrollFaceDancing.gif

WOLVERINEKILLS
10-24-2012, 09:58 PM
https://www.facebook.com/Wolverinekills/posts/440759372626226

And what you don't know is that Justin gave me contact info and emailed the guy to verify.

Lol you are chasing after me like a little girl with a crush, how cute :)

dcmetal108
10-24-2012, 10:46 PM
And what you don't know is that Justin gave me contact info and emailed the guy to verify.

Lol you are chasing after me like a little girl with a crush, how cute :)

Damn :lol:

WOLVERINEKILLS
10-24-2012, 10:57 PM
Its true. We've had a few disagreements, words, whatever you want to call it in the past but I moved on & thought that was over with until this latest half assed attempt to make me look bad. Like I'm just going to use the word of Joe Fan and not investigate it just a little bit??? I guess next you'll want me to post video footage of me emailing with the DJ for your satisfaction, right?

Once again I'll turn my cheek and offer an olive branch of goodwill. Everyone please check out www.TomCouture.com for some awesome concert pictures from one of our very own at MetalSetLists.com.

detuned
10-25-2012, 05:21 AM
Everyone please check out www.TomCouture.com for some awesome concert pictures from one of our very own at MetalSetLists.com.
cannot stop laughing. i love you.

Sanitarium78
10-25-2012, 05:28 AM
If this does happen, hopefully there's no opener and both bands are able to do full headlining sets.

300%_Density
10-25-2012, 06:40 AM
Obviously if it's 1992 I know the answer to this...But in 2012 I wonder if Soundgarden & AIC could pull off doing actual arenas? Or if it would be a large theater tour?

dcmetal108
10-25-2012, 06:58 AM
Obviously if it's 1992 I know the answer to this...But in 2012 I wonder if Soundgarden & AIC could pull off doing actual arenas? Or if it would be a large theater tour?

Last time Soundgarden played here they played UIC Pavilion which holds 7,000 people and I think the show was nearly sold out.

300%_Density
10-25-2012, 07:20 AM
Last time Soundgarden played here they played UIC Pavilion which holds 7,000 people and I think the show was nearly sold out.

I don't know of the size of the crowds but I do know that the AIC/Deftones/Mastodon tour from a few years ago was playing to some arenas, w/ that logic wouldn't it be an automatic w/ Soundgarden being bigger than those other 2 bands, that they could pull off arenas?

Sanitarium78
10-25-2012, 07:30 AM
I don't doubt for a second that this tour couldn't fill arenas. There's still a lot of people out there who want to see Soundgarden since the reunion and AIC had a huge comeback with their last album. Both bands popularity is still quite high, anything less than booking them in the bigger arenas/amphitheaters is just idiotic.

WOLVERINEKILLS
10-25-2012, 09:49 AM
I don't doubt for a second that this tour couldn't fill arenas. There's still a lot of people out there who want to see Soundgarden since the reunion and AIC had a huge comeback with their last album. Both bands popularity is still quite high, anything less than booking them in the bigger arenas/amphitheaters is just idiotic.

This tour would fill arenas. Throw in a quality opening act (Melvins, Clutch, Down, Opeth) and it would be one of the best tours in recent memory.

WOLVERINEKILLS
10-25-2012, 09:50 AM
If this does happen, hopefully there's no opener and both bands are able to do full headlining sets.

I think each band would play about 12 songs with or without an opening act.

300%_Density
10-25-2012, 10:03 AM
I think each band would play about 12 songs with or without an opening act.

I think it'd be higher than that. On BlackDiamondSkye AIC got 16 in KC and got around that same number all tour. Soundgarden was pulling out 18-22 on their NA tour earlier this year. 12 seems like it would be a little low for both.

anomynous
10-25-2012, 10:26 AM
^^^^^^^^^

PVH5150
10-25-2012, 10:50 AM

In major markets, definitely.

The BlackDiamondSkye tour in 2009 played at Madison Square Garden and Soundgarden played to over 14,000 people this summer in Mansfield, MA.

marker
10-25-2012, 10:57 AM
niFor sure it would be an arena tour, as Soundgarden can headline arenas here without AIC.

I would go to this, but anything that takes away time from Soungarden isn't good. I am not a big fan of co-headlining tours.

anomynous
10-25-2012, 11:11 AM
I would go to this, but anything that takes away time from Alice in Chains isn't good. I am not a big fan of co-headling tours.

Fixed

WOLVERINEKILLS
10-25-2012, 11:42 AM
Fixed

I agree.

I bet that Soundgarden would close out each show. They were a bit more popular than AiC back in the day and with this being their first reunion tour with a new album they would likely play last. I hate to say that cause AiC is one of my absolute favorite bands.

I can't see either band playing more than 15 songs tops. It isn't like the BDS tour. AiC and Soundgarden are both relatively close in terms of popularity and headliner status. I bet their set length will be identical. I also think they will have an opening act who will play for about 30 to 45 minutes. A lot of bands would be willing to pay to play in the opening slot for both of those bands.

marker
10-25-2012, 01:24 PM
I agree.

I bet that Soundgarden would close out each show. They were a bit more popular than AiC back in the day and with this being their first reunion tour with a new album they would likely play last. I hate to say that cause AiC is one of my absolute favorite bands.

I can't see either band playing more than 15 songs tops. It isn't like the BDS tour. AiC and Soundgarden are both relatively close in terms of popularity and headliner status. I bet their set length will be identical. I also think they will have an opening act who will play for about 30 to 45 minutes. A lot of bands would be willing to pay to play in the opening slot for both of those bands.

Of course Soundgarden would close each show without question.

Coma323
10-25-2012, 04:14 PM
Hoping this tour is true.

Mark Lanegan Band would be the perfect opener for this.

MPF
10-25-2012, 09:00 PM
I think The Melvins would be the perfect opening band. Keeping it all Seattle based. Down would be another good choice as well.

adamclark52
10-25-2012, 10:36 PM
I don't think Buzz from the Melvins would want anything to do with this.

MPF
10-25-2012, 10:41 PM
I don't think Buzz from the Melvins would want anything to do with this.

Probably not, but a guy can dream.

WOLVERINEKILLS
10-27-2012, 01:17 AM
I talked to a member of the AiC camp. He told me the tour was being negotiated when some problems occured involving AiC's next album being delayed and the band decided to not do the tour.

AnataFan4Life
10-27-2012, 05:26 AM
I talked to a member of the AiC camp. He told me the tour was being negotiated when some problems occured involving AiC's next album being delayed and the band decided to not do the tour.

:bouville:

300%_Density
10-27-2012, 06:04 AM

Well shit. As long as its not a co headline w/ someone shitty like Pearl Jam I will still be happy.

Coma323
10-27-2012, 06:13 AM
Seriously? They were working on the album August 2012, how is it getting delayed now?

Sanitarium78
10-27-2012, 07:09 AM
Seriously? They were working on the album August 2012, how is it getting delayed now?

There's a lot of behind the scenes bullshit in the music buisness. It could be any number of things. I'm OK with this tour not happening. It means we'll get the chance to see both bands do headlining tours of their own instead of shorter sets that touring together would bring.

WOLVERINEKILLS
10-27-2012, 01:01 PM
There's a lot of behind the scenes bullshit in the music buisness. It could be any number of things. I'm OK with this tour not happening. It means we'll get the chance to see both bands do headlining tours of their own instead of shorter sets that touring together would bring.

Very true. I hope that the album is as good as possible and I am willing to accept a few delays to ensure it is quality. It is also possible the band could have landed on a US festival tour this summer and this could be the reason for not touring with Soundgarden imo.

RampinUp46
10-27-2012, 04:20 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qSAKHLbCUGk

:agree:

Despite directly contradicting my above post, I'd really prefer seeing AiC doing a longer set (please do the 2006 fall setlist again...) as opposed to a coheadlining one.

...Or Mayhem/Uproar. That works too.

Coma323
10-27-2012, 04:32 PM
Anything but a US summer festival please.