Seven Cities Of Gold
The Garden
Manhattan Project
Red Sector A
YYZ
The Spirit Of Radio
------
Tom Sawyer
2112 (Overture, Temples Of Syrinx, Grand Finale)

petrovar
10-11-2012, 04:06 AM
No change to the set. I was curious if they were going to switch up a few songs after the break they took

girnny777
10-11-2012, 04:58 AM
I thought the same thing. Oh well, it was still fun. The Clockwork Angels songs dragged for a bit but I was really happy when they did Manhattan Project right after.

petrovar
10-11-2012, 06:24 AM
The Clockwork Angels songs dragged for a bit but I was really happy when they did Manhattan Project right after.

I love the new album and especially loved what they did from it live, but yeah I really couldn't wait to hear Manhattan Project. I wish they played it in the first set. Then I could fully enjoy the CA songs.

girnny777
10-11-2012, 09:05 AM
I swear, I seem to be the only person who didn't like Clockwork Angels. The only songs I liked were BU2B and Wish Them Well.

petrovar
10-11-2012, 11:16 AM
That's weird because Wish Them Well has been regarded by most people as their least favorite song on the album. Too each their own I guess

Sanitarium78
10-16-2012, 05:43 AM
I swear, I seem to be the only person who didn't like Clockwork Angels. The only songs I liked were BU2B and Wish Them Well.

If you're a Rush fan and you don't at least like Clockwork Angels, The Anarchist and Headlong Flight something is wrong?;)

Fe Maiden
10-16-2012, 07:13 AM
If you're a Rush fan and you don't at least like Clockwork Angels, The Anarchist, The Wreckers, and Headlong Flight something is wrong?;)fixed:D

petrovar
10-16-2012, 07:19 AM
fixed:D

Totally agreed. The Wreckers is my favorite song on the new album. Other than With Them Well, the album is great.

PVH5150
10-16-2012, 07:19 AM
There's actually a place in Bridgeport that hasn't been destroyed by vandals?

IrritatedTrout
10-16-2012, 07:46 AM
The Wreckers may be one of my favorite Rush songs ever. It was so good live too.

Sanitarium78
10-16-2012, 09:05 AM
I like The Wreckers a lot to. But I figured if you don't at least like the three songs I mentioned you might have to question your Rush fandom.

girnny777
10-16-2012, 04:33 PM
I guess I have to question my fandom then.

I didn't think Clockwork Angels was awful; as I said I LOVE BU2B and Wish Them Well, but I would definitely rank it near the bottom of their releases. My problem with Clockwork Angels is twofold. One is Geddy's performance and the other is the songwriting. Let's face it, Geddy's voice is not in great shape anymore. He can still sing live alright, but on CA he just sounds old. Not only has his range decreased dramatically, but he also sounds winded and strained on almost every song. It really hampers my enjoyment of the songs - which is part of my next point. I listened to the album a lot when it came out. And I don't mean just putting it on in the car; I sat down with my headphones and the booklet and really gave it a listen and read along with the lyrics. Even after all that, I still couldn't tell you how songs like Halo Effect or Seven Cities of Gold go, or what the chorus of The Anarchist is. There are simply very few memorable hooks or standout melodies throughout the album, with the exception of the aforementioned BU2B and Wish Them Well. The Garden is good as well, and Caravan has its moments but overall the album is very weak and I doubt I'll suddenly "discover" how great it is any time soon.

IrritatedTrout
10-16-2012, 04:48 PM
For me The Anarchist and Carnies are the two where I can never remember how they go. Everything else stands out pretty well to me.

petrovar
10-17-2012, 04:07 AM
While I do respect your feelings on the album (again, to each their own), I think the fact that it's a concept album makes it have less hooks or memorable parts. I agree, I can't tell you right now how either Carnies or the Anarchist start, but I know if they weren't part of the album, a piece of the story would be missing and I wouldn't love it as much. It's kind of like 2112. I couldn't tell you how Part IV: Presentation starts, but I know that the whole 2112 suite is great.

Fe Maiden
10-17-2012, 08:46 AM
Anarchist has some of the best musical work in it on the album IMO....great Bass lines and a sweet little solo

Wish Them Well is OK for me but not a standout!

toolfansat
10-17-2012, 09:13 AM
No matter what - it's RUSH! Therefore it's going to be good.

Can't wait for next Wednesday in Boston....