PDA

View Full Version : Tuska 2013

brutal_descent
10-04-2012, 03:54 AM
June 28th-30th @ Suvilahti, Helsinki, Finland

Tentative line-up

Friday 28.6.2013
KING DIAMOND, BOLT THROWER, AMORPHIS, WINTERSUN, IHSAHN, ABHORRENCE, TORTURE KILLER, LEPROUS, KUOLEMANLAAKSO, SEREMONIA, TOMBSTONED, CUT TO FIT

Saturday 29.6.2013
TESTAMENT, KREATOR, STAM1NA, SOILWORK, WE BUTTER THE BREAD WITH BUTTER, BLACK CITY, URFAUST, DARK BUDDHA RISING, DR. LIVING DEAD!, DE LIRIUM'S ORDER, BLOODRED HOURGLASS, RATFACE, BALTIMOR

Sunday 30.6.2013
NIGHTWISH, ASKING ALEXANDRIA, AMARANTHE, BARBE-Q-BARBIES, DEATH HAWKS, SANTA CRUZ, KHROMA

ravenheart
10-04-2012, 04:41 AM
King huh? Hmm...

brutal_descent
10-17-2012, 04:58 AM
Nightwish confirmed as headliners for Sunday. Meh.

Also confirmed are Ihsahn and Leprous, doing their thing on Friday. Friday already looks pretty stacked, but I might check them out again if it's compatible with my schedule.

ravenheart
10-17-2012, 11:10 AM
Nightwish confirmed as headliners for Sunday. Meh.

Also confirmed are Ihsahn and Leprous, doing their thing on Friday. Friday already looks pretty stacked, but I might check them out again if it's compatible with my schedule.

You'll probably be fine. Main stage and side stages don't clash at Tuska.

brutal_descent
10-17-2012, 11:28 AM
You'll probably be fine. Main stage and side stages don't clash at Tuska.

Do you know which stage is the last to be active?

ravenheart
10-17-2012, 12:11 PM
Do you know which stage is the last to be active?

Usually the main one. And it finishes early too. Like, 10pm latest.

Generally speaking stages two and three play in parallel, and they alternate with the main one. What doesn't really work is the slots on the second stage end at the exact same time as slots on the main one start. So any slight overrun is a problem.

This year, for example: http://jukeboxmetal.com/2011/tuska-2012/

brutal_descent
11-12-2012, 02:05 AM
A cancellation and two additions:

Bodom have cancelled due to conflicting scheduling with a US tour.

Asking Alexandria (Sunday) and Wintersun (Friday) have been confirmed.

Sunday's looking pretty terrible so far, and Friday looks heavenly. Pretty bummed with the COB/Alexandria trade.

Datjazzfusion
11-12-2012, 09:23 AM
A cancellation and two additions:

Bodom have cancelled due to conflicting scheduling with a US tour.

Asking Alexandria (Sunday) and Wintersun (Friday) have been confirmed.

Sunday's looking pretty terrible so far, and Friday looks heavenly. Pretty bummed with the COB/Alexandria trade.

Could not have stated it better myself

brutal_descent
12-06-2012, 09:41 AM
More confirmations:

Amorphis
Stam1na
Abhorrence (reunion show) :rocker:
Tombstoned
Baltimor
Cut to Fit
Santa Cruz
Khroma
Seremonia
Death Hawks
Amaranthe
Dr. Living Dead!

ravenheart
12-06-2012, 12:35 PM
More confirmations:

Amorphis
Stam1na
Abhorrence (reunion show) :rocker:
Tombstoned
Baltimor
Cut to Fit
Santa Cruz
Khroma
Seremonia
Death Hawks
Amaranthe
Dr. Living Dead!

Oh wow... nothing that would make me go to a show in London, let alone Finland. Tuska is definitely off my "King Diamond options" list!

brutal_descent
12-06-2012, 12:57 PM
Oh wow... nothing that would make me go to a show in London, let alone Finland. Tuska is definitely off my "King Diamond options" list!

Yeah, I'm starting to get frustrated. Nevertheless, it's less than half of the line-up. I'm going to think positively :eyes:

ravenheart
12-07-2012, 12:22 AM
Yeah, I'm starting to get frustrated. Nevertheless, it's less than half of the line-up. I'm going to think positively :eyes:

At least you can be pretty sure most of what was announced yesterday are second and third stage bands.

That line-up so far looks a bit lacking in main stage acts, so you've probably got a few more of them to come.

treghet
12-07-2012, 12:35 AM
Seeing Abhorrence would be cool. I didn't even know they were back together. It has become a trend for '90s Finnish and Swedish death metal bands to reunite now.

christopher
12-07-2012, 12:45 AM
Seeing Abhorrence would be cool. I didn't even know they were back together. It has become a trend for '90s Finnish and Swedish death metal bands to reunite now.

I think its a trend for just about anyone from the 80s/90s to do so...

treghet
12-07-2012, 01:27 AM
I think its a trend for just about anyone from the 80s/90s to do so...

Yes, it is happening a lot these days, but it has become a widespread thing in the Finnish and Swedish death metal scenes. Convulse and Purtenance also reunited this year. And in the past five years or so there have been plenty of others that reformed, either briefly or to actually record music again.

christopher
12-07-2012, 01:34 AM
Yes, it is happening a lot these days, but it has become a widespread thing in the Finnish and Swedish death metal scenes. Convulse and Purtenance also reunited this year. And in the past five years or so there have been plenty of others that reformed, either briefly or to actually record music again.

Archgoat as well. But anyways, there's a lot of bands we listen to that reunited in the last 4 years. Too many for me to care about listing haha Stupid Dismember:hmm:

brutal_descent
01-23-2013, 03:30 AM
Some more confirmations (mediocre for the most part).

For Friday: Torture Killer, Kuolemanlaakso
For Saturday: Kreator, Soilwork, We Butter the Bread with Butter, Black City, Urfaust (!!!), Dark Buddha Rising, De Lirium's Order, Bloodred Hourglass, Ratface
For Sunday: Barbe-Q-Barbies

GarageMetal468
01-23-2013, 05:36 AM
Seeing Abhorrence would be cool. I didn't even know they were back together.

?!??!?!!/!

Where am I when I miss shit like this?!