11-16 Cambridge, MA - The Sinclair
11-18 Toronto, Ontario - Wrong Bar
11-19 Detroit, MI - Magic Stick
11-20 Chicago, IL - Bottom Lounge
11-21 Minneapolis, MN - 7th Street Entry

*more dates to be announced

MPF
10-03-2012, 11:44 AM
I haven't really gotten into them yet, even though I love Zach Hill to death. Do you think if I go tot he show that it might help me actually like them?

*I'd still rather see Hella live*

BloodoftheKings
10-03-2012, 01:30 PM
I haven't really gotten into them yet, even though I love Zach Hill to death. Do you think if I go tot he show that it might help me actually like them?

*I'd still rather see Hella live*

Zach's drumming is much more prominent on the new album. Zach did all the beats on an electronic drumkit and they used no programmed drums. This song (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CxYDoA51KdI) puts Zach's talents to better use than any other Death Grips song to date.

Speaking of the new album, i'm starting to think the whole Epic records controversy is staged. All the streams are still up and Death Grips don't seem to be receiving any sort of punishment. Staged or not, we all got a great album for free so I can't really complain.

MPF
10-03-2012, 01:39 PM
Zach's drumming is much more prominent on the new album. Zach did all the beats on an electronic drumkit and they used no programmed drums. This song (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CxYDoA51KdI) puts Zach's talents to better use than any other Death Grips song to date.

Speaking of the new album, i'm starting to think the whole Epic records controversy is staged. All the streams are still up and Death Grips don't seem to be receiving any sort of punishment. Staged or not, we all got a great album for free so I can't really complain.

Still not sure how to feel. It's definitely Zach playing. Just something about it feels off to me. Maybe if I let it sink in?

mastodon421
10-03-2012, 02:07 PM
Cambridge on a Friday should be doable, I'm fucking stoked.

BloodoftheKings
10-03-2012, 02:15 PM
Any word on openers for this tour? I remember some of the dates from the cancelled Money Store tour had Liturgy opening. I hope they don't reschedule that. :barf:

mastodon421
10-03-2012, 02:18 PM
Any word on openers for this tour? I remember some of the dates from the cancelled Money Store tour had Liturgy opening. I hope they don't reschedule that. :barf:

The Cambridge date doesn't have any openers listed.

slapguitarer
10-03-2012, 06:38 PM
I'd be down for Liturgy opening for Death Grips...

masterguy49
10-03-2012, 06:47 PM
I'd be down for Liturgy opening for Death Grips...

:nonono: Liturgy are fucking awful live

BloodoftheKings
10-03-2012, 06:51 PM
:nonono: Liturgy are fucking awful live

I didn't even take into consideration that they're even worse live than they are on record. Fucking macbooks. :lol:

mankvill
10-03-2012, 06:54 PM
>people talking trash on Liturgy while openly praising Death Grips

please tell me you see the irony here

masterguy49
10-03-2012, 07:03 PM

Dude, I've seen Liturgy live and it was the worst thing of all time. They didn't even have a drummer, they used a fucking macbook

mankvill
10-03-2012, 07:06 PM
Dude, I've seen Liturgy live and it was the worst thing of all time. They didn't even have a drummer, they used a fucking macbook

looool. That only works with slam bands and Neldoreth. When I saw Cemetery Rapist, it was fucking awesome!

masterguy49
10-03-2012, 07:17 PM
looool. That only works with slam bands and Neldoreth. When I saw Cemetery Rapist, it was fucking awesome!

It was torturous, the blast beats sounded like someone tapping a pencil very fast :eyes:

mastodon421
10-03-2012, 07:24 PM

Go home.

dcmetal108
10-04-2012, 09:22 AM
Chicago show is on a night I have off! I will so be there!

ShatteredFlame
10-04-2012, 10:46 AM
The New York date is in Brooklyn at Music Hall of Williamsburg on 11/12.

Also Death Grips is opening for Flying Lotus at Le Poisson Rouge on October 17 and apparently the show will stream live on NPR.

:drool:

Honestly might go to both. It's a shame that the Brooklyn date is on a Monday but I was planning to come down to New York the night before for Converge so I think I'll just skip Monday classes and go home that weekend if it's possible.

BloodoftheKings
10-04-2012, 10:49 AM
Also Death Grips is opening for Flying Lotus at Terminal 5 on October 17 and apparently the show will stream live on NPR.

WHAT

I wish I knew about that sooner. Did they just get added to the bill?

ShatteredFlame
10-04-2012, 11:03 AM
WHAT

I wish I knew about that sooner. Did they just get added to the bill?

nevermind i confused the 2 shows. Flying Lotus is playing a headlining show at Terminal 5 on October 7th. A new show at Le Poisson Rouge got added on October 17th with Death Grips opening.

BloodoftheKings
10-04-2012, 01:47 PM
nevermind i confused the 2 shows. Flying Lotus is playing a headlining show at Terminal 5 on October 7th. A new show at Le Poisson Rouge got added on October 17th with Death Grips opening.

It's probably sold out already if they're playing a venue that small. I'm gonna be sure to get tickets for the Williamsburg show as soon as they go on sale cause I wouldn't be surprised if this sells out quick.

ShatteredFlame
10-04-2012, 02:33 PM
It's probably sold out already if they're playing a venue that small. I'm gonna be sure to get tickets for the Williamsburg show as soon as they go on sale cause I wouldn't be surprised if this sells out quick.

The le poisson one appears to be a RSVP free thing where you only can win tickets by listening to NPR though full details have not been released about it as of yet. They're streaming the full concert video live on NPR so that's pretty cool at least. and yeah I am definitely getting my ticket as soon as they go on sale (tomorrow at 12!!!! http://www.ticketmaster.com/event/00004944B955AE3C?artistid=1673005&majorcatid=10001&minorcatid=3).

BloodoftheKings
10-04-2012, 03:17 PM
(tomorrow at 12!!!! http://www.ticketmaster.com/event/00004944B955AE3C?artistid=1673005&majorcatid=10001&minorcatid=3).

Already looked this up on the venue website but I didn't go to livenation. The service fee is only $3.80 :party:
Plus I just realized this is on a night where I don't have to get up early the next day. November 11th and 12th are shaping up to look like an amazing couple of days.