PDA

View Full Version : Six Flag debuts new "metalcore" festival, then says they'll never do it again

Steev
10-02-2012, 09:35 AM
Falling in Reverse frontman Ronnie Radke has apparently run into trouble again. The singer was reportedly arrested after the FestEVIL performance in New Jersey for throwing four mic stands into the audience and injuring a pair of audience members.

The Asbury Park Press reports that two people were actually struck in the head by the stands during the Sunday (Sept. 30) performance at the Six Flags Great Adventure show. One of the victims, a 16-year-old girl, suffered a two- to three-inch cut on top of her head and bruising on her forehead. The other victim, a 24-year-old man, was being treated at the scene for his injuries.

Kristin Siebeneicher, spokeswoman for the theme park, said afterward, “This was the first metal show that we’ve ever had and will be the last. We have no plans to host another metal show … This performer was completely reckless. He had complete disregard for the safety of his fans. His actions were totally unacceptable. It’s not the type of entertainment that we want to be producing.”

The singer reportedly posted bail and was released after the arrest.

Radke was arrested back in August on an outstanding warrant for domestic assault. That followed a prison stint relating to an altercation where an 18-year-old man died in a fatal shooting. Though Radke did not shoot the man in question, he was cited on battery charges and given probation. The probation was later revoked when he failed to report for parole and ended with him serving a two-year prison sentence.

Falling in Reverse are expected to resume touring with the start of “The Thug in Me Is You” tour Oct. 11 in Portland, Ore.

BloodoftheKings
10-02-2012, 09:42 AM
“This was the first metal show that we’ve ever had and will be the last. We have no plans to host another metal show … This performer was completely reckless. He had complete disregard for the safety of his fans. His actions were totally unacceptable. It’s not the type of entertainment that we want to be producing.”

>Falling in Reverse
>metal
pick one.

Steev
10-02-2012, 09:44 AM
>Falling in Reverse
>metal
pick one.

yeah that one doesn't piece together, but the show did have Born Of Osiris and Norma Jean too, so maybe some metal

still stupid though

GarageMetal468
10-02-2012, 09:50 AM
Are they sure it wasn't self inflicted injuries from watching all these shitty bands?

dcmetal108
10-02-2012, 01:58 PM
Are they sure it wasn't self inflicted injuries from watching all these shitty bands?

We all know you love Falling In Reverse Dan! hahaha

anomynous
10-02-2012, 02:03 PM
I would like Born of Osiris more if they weren't turning into even bigger tools than they already were.

EDIT: All I read was Ronnie, which is the name of BoO's singer.

XDoomsayerX
10-02-2012, 02:48 PM
Ive seen many bands throw mic stands, hell The Chariot throws all their equipment, and zero injuries. People embraced it. Mustve been new concert goers or something

hiddenzombie013
10-02-2012, 04:38 PM
Ive seen many bands throw mic stands, hell The Chariot throws all their equipment, and zero injuries. People embraced it. Mustve been new concert goers or something

Well yeah, it's at a theme park. It'll be full of people who have never even been to any concert, much less a "metal" concert. The crowds during concerts at theme parks are pretty much the worst.

masterguy49
10-02-2012, 07:20 PM
Okay like the band may suck, but first off I think Six Flags handled it like douche bags. First off, what do you expect when the vocalist you booked just recently got out of jail, I don't know what you would expect from that. Also just because one band who's barely part of the genre messes up, doesn't mean you have to punish every "metal" band, that's just fucking stupid

powerslave_85
10-02-2012, 07:35 PM
Okay like the band may suck, but first off I think Six Flags handled it like douche bags. First off, what do you expect when the vocalist you booked just recently got out of jail, I don't know what you would expect from that. Also just because one band who's barely part of the genre messes up, doesn't mean you have to punish every "metal" band, that's just fucking stupid
They're a massive corporation. If people get injured on their property during an event that they sponsored, they're liable. So they probably weren't thrilled about shitty bands hurling mic stands at people's heads*.

*Seriously, if you think this is cool or edgy, please just kill yourself right now.

300%_Density
10-02-2012, 08:11 PM
This seems about right. http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_I2LTxDd6MWQ/Sx37OaPSxuI/AAAAAAAAACg/vlJe1WwXSYU/S660/puppet_show_spinal_tap.jpg

Steev
10-02-2012, 08:25 PM
so even funnier was shortly after this came out the festival's FB page asked who people wanted to see in 2013

the page has since been deleted

energymetal14
10-02-2012, 10:14 PM

Yeah its kinda their fault for booking this band, its obvious that guy is a complete idiot. I know festivals with these types if bands draw crowds, but I'm not really sure how they expected this to turn out.

kalfitegrdan
10-02-2012, 10:59 PM
What the fuck was a 24 year old man doing at a Falling in Reverse concert?

I would like Born of Osiris more if they weren't turning into even bigger tools than they already were.

Yeah, this.

hellawaits77ny
10-03-2012, 10:13 AM
What the fuck was a 24 year old man doing at a Falling in Reverse concert?

This x598

dcmetal108
10-04-2012, 10:26 AM
I don't see what they were doing even trying to book a band like this?

I mean the usual thing for the Six Flags near me is either radio rock and radio R&B. They are usually washed up acts too.

Good thing the band wasn't actually a metal band and there wasn't a pit. Riot Police might have had to been called in. :lol: