PDA

View Full Version : New Avenged Sevenfold track

street_burial
09-24-2012, 10:09 AM
While Avenged Sevenfold have been laying low for most of 2012, the band evidently found time to record a brand new track for the upcoming video game Call of Duty: Black Ops II. Listen to "Carry On" here (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JHAZzb-EUPM&feature=player_embedded).

The song is the first new music from the band since another tune recorded for the first Call of Duty: Black Ops game, 2011's "Not Ready to Die."

There is no word yet when the band will begin work on the follow-up to 2010's Nightmare

mankvill
09-24-2012, 10:12 AM
http://i3.kym-cdn.com/entries/icons/original/000/007/839/madotsukipuke.jpg

energymetal14
09-24-2012, 10:24 AM
DOOD, this is SOO SICK! I can't wait to see them live, they better headline Mayhem!:rocker::rocker:

Seriously though, I didn't even listen to it ( mostly because i'm in the library, but I really don't care). I wish this band would just go away, but I'm sure this will be all over the radio pretty soon.

WOLVERINEKILLS
09-24-2012, 10:54 AM
Not bad at all. A heavier sounding song from A7X

AnataFan4Life
09-24-2012, 10:56 AM
Why did I actually listen to that :barf:

illuminatus917
09-24-2012, 12:54 PM
I wish this band would just go away

I agree, I wish they'd quit after Nightmare. They'll never release an album that good again.

This song is okay though.

BloodoftheKings
09-24-2012, 01:25 PM
http://i3.kym-cdn.com/entries/icons/original/000/007/839/madotsukipuke.jpg

This was my reaction just from seeing the words "Avenged Sevenfold" and Black Ops II".

MPF
09-24-2012, 01:32 PM
It's honestly not bad, I dig it. If they wrote music like this, instead of all the fucking ballads on Nightmare, they would be a great band again.

illuminatus917
09-24-2012, 01:37 PM
It's honestly not bad, I dig it. If they wrote music like this, instead of all the fucking ballads on Nightmare, they would be a great band again.

:nonono: Those ballads are what made it an emotional album.

MPF
09-24-2012, 01:40 PM
:nonono: Those ballads are what made it an emotional album.

A couple of Ballads would have made it an emotional album. Half of an album of ballads makes it a Damn Yankees album.

300%_Density
09-24-2012, 01:44 PM
A couple of Ballads would have made it an emotional album. Half of an album of ballads makes it a Damn Yankees album.

This Damn Yankees comment is the winning comment on the day as far as I'm concerned.

MPF
09-24-2012, 03:32 PM
This Damn Yankees comment is the winning comment on the day as far as I'm concerned.

:party::party::party:

dcmetal108
09-24-2012, 03:33 PM
Fucking awesome.

I really do love A7X. I haven't disliked a single thing they've done.

mankvill
09-24-2012, 04:16 PM
Looks like Avenged Sevenfold is pulling a Disturbed and making the same songs over and over again

RampinUp46
09-25-2012, 06:58 AM

:lol:

Looks like Avenged Sevenfold is pulling a Slayer and making the same songs over and over again

FTFY ;)

Seriously though, you're right. This really seems like they're trying way too hard to do City of Evil Pt. II.

Nater
09-25-2012, 07:05 AM
My god his voice has gotten worse. He sounds like he is struggling to hold those notes.

BloodoftheKings
09-25-2012, 10:12 AM
FTFY ;)

I know you're joking but I seriously don't get why people always say this. How can you listen to Hell Awaits, Reign in Blood, South of Heaven, and God Hates Us All and honestly say it's all the same exact sound?

illuminatus917
09-25-2012, 10:37 AM
How can you listen to Hell Awaits, Reign in Blood, South of Heaven, and God Hates Us All and honestly say it's all the same exact sound?

You can't.

Dextrimental
09-25-2012, 10:44 AM
It's certainly not bad, I mean these guys are fucking good at writing songs and are competent players, but the song definitely feels like something they could write in a single jam session. They've yet to release an album without at least one awesome song on it, so I still have faith in them.

RampinUp46
09-26-2012, 09:10 PM
I know you're joking but I seriously don't get why people always say this. How can you listen to Hell Awaits, Reign in Blood, South of Heaven, and God Hates Us All and honestly say it's all the same exact sound?

I'm likely to get a lot of shit for this rant/opinion, but fuck it:

I remember when I was young and stupid (the heaviest stuff I had listened to was like, Korn or early Marilyn Manson at the time) and when I first heard Mandatory Suicide, it scared the shit out of me. Then the shock wore off and it was "pretty cool", so I checked them out some more, but I wasn't 100% impressed with Christ Illusion the same way I was with Hell Awaits, and here's why:

Compared to the speed of Show No Mercy, the aggression of Hell Awaits, and the slower tempos of South of Heaven, I just think that World Painted Blood and Christ Illusion just fall behind slightly. They're great, but not...great. I like those albums, don't get me wrong, but if all of Slayer's output was comparable to a track meet in high school, the 80's and early 90's material would be the elite, cream of the crop, the shit a lot of people love to talk about. Their later output would be the runoff of that, great, but not "100% Badass Hardcore Radikult"...and Diabolus in Musica would be the sorta chubby kid that only got to run because the others felt bad for him. :lol:

TL;DR: I think most of the hate comes from the opinion that Slayer hasn't changed their sound much since the mid-90's compared to their 80's output.

El Gordo
09-27-2012, 06:37 AM
I'm likely to get a lot of shit for this rant/opinion, but fuck it:

I remember when I was young and stupid (the heaviest stuff I had listened to was like, Korn or early Marilyn Manson at the time) and when I first heard Mandatory Suicide, it scared the shit out of me. Then the shock wore off and it was "pretty cool", so I checked them out some more, but I wasn't 100% impressed with Christ Illusion the same way I was with Hell Awaits, and here's why:

Compared to the speed of Show No Mercy, the aggression of Hell Awaits, and the slower tempos of South of Heaven, I just think that World Painted Blood and Christ Illusion just fall behind slightly. They're great, but not...great. I like those albums, don't get me wrong, but if all of Slayer's output was comparable to a track meet in high school, the 80's and early 90's material would be the elite, cream of the crop, the shit a lot of people love to talk about. Their later output would be the runoff of that, great, but not "100% Badass Hardcore Radikult"...and Diabolus in Musica would be the sorta chubby kid that only got to run because the others felt bad for him. :lol:

TL;DR: I think most of the hate comes from the opinion that Slayer hasn't changed their sound much since the mid-90's compared to their 80's output.

I'll give you shit for it, but only because you're being too kind to Slayer's recent output. They've flat-out sucked since Divine Intervention. I can count the number of good Slayer songs post-DI on one hand.