PDA

View Full Version : Maiden England 2013 Tour

IrritatedTrout
09-20-2012, 11:49 AM
http://www.ironmaiden.com/iron-maiden-to-bring-the-stunning-maiden-england-world-tour-to-europe-in-2013.html

First show is Download in the UK. I think everybody was already expecting that one. However, two more interesting tidbits are that there is nothing here about this being the exclusive UK show and there is also zero mention of taking this tour anywhere else in the future. A lot of people on the IMBB have been saying no plane tour this cycle, and while this doesn't confirm anything, it does make it seem more likely that, at the very least, there will not be any dates until the European run this coming summer. So possibly no Florida this cycle.:(

Now if they'd only announce back-to-back nights in Paris. That's what I'm aiming for this year.:D

RampinUp46
09-20-2012, 12:00 PM
...This thread's going to turn into another Mayhem Festival thread, isn't it? :hmm:

IrritatedTrout
09-20-2012, 01:38 PM
How? People come out of the woodwork to say they're sure Rammstein and System of a Down will support Maiden?;)

RAZOR
09-20-2012, 05:09 PM
Rammstein's totally gonna open for Maiden at Download. :allan:

MPF
09-20-2012, 05:20 PM
Calling it now.......

Iron Maiden/Oingo Boingo Euro Tour 2013!

marker
09-20-2012, 06:12 PM
How? People come out of the woodwork to say they're sure Rammstein and System of a Down will support Maiden?;)

Maybe at Download or some other festivals and that's it. They don't and won't bring bands that big with them on tour. You and most everybody else probably knows that already.

rjturtle9
09-20-2012, 06:33 PM
Maybe at Download or some other festivals and that's it. They don't and won't bring bands that big with them on tour. You and most everybody else probably knows that already.

It was a joke referencing the Mayhem threads.

InFlamesOfBirchmen
09-20-2012, 06:57 PM
I realize it was a joke, but actually....

http://www.theprp.com/2012/09/20/news/rammstein-rumored-for-2013-download-festival/

rjturtle9
09-20-2012, 07:58 PM
I realize it was a joke, but actually....

http://www.theprp.com/2012/09/20/news/rammstein-rumored-for-2013-download-festival/

I need to find a job!

ravenheart
09-21-2012, 03:52 AM
Rammstein's totally gonna open for Maiden at Download. :allan:

Not quite. They're going to headline one of the other days.

DisposableJustice
09-25-2012, 12:13 AM
new date for Stockholm, Sweden in a brand new venue none the less

http://www.ironmaiden.com/iron-maiden-is-the-first-rock-band-to-be-announced-to-play-at-the-new-national-stadium--friends-arena--in-stockholm-july-13-2012.html

IrritatedTrout
09-25-2012, 06:23 AM
I saw that and thought, "Hey, that'd be awesome to see. Maybe I should try for the Nordics this time around instead." But really, barring festivals, most all of these gigs will be in cities I'd love to see so I'll try not to get swayed by every announcement. :lol: It is a bummer how they do the Euro announcements in pieces though. If they did a festival or something in France and did Rock Am Ring / Im Park in Germany then I'd want to do the Nordics but the floor will be sold for this show by the time I find out about other dates.

mastodon421
09-25-2012, 07:25 AM
Calling it now.......

Iron Maiden/Oingo Boingo Euro Tour 2013!

False, .38 Special is opening.

dcmetal108
09-25-2012, 08:31 AM

I've seen .38 Special live and they aren't that bad.:cool:

MPF
09-25-2012, 03:32 PM

I'd love to see False open for Maiden. :drool::drool::drool:

Dextrimental
09-25-2012, 03:42 PM
Looks like Maiden will be doing the festival circuit with off dates. Dublin will more than likely get a date, which would rule.

ravenheart
09-25-2012, 04:43 PM
Looks like Maiden will be doing the festival circuit with off dates. Dublin will more than likely get a date, which would rule.

Always disappointing, because London never gets one.

Hoping for a Bruce Air trip somewhere.

Butcher of Birth
09-26-2012, 12:11 PM
I saw that and thought, "Hey, that'd be awesome to see. Maybe I should try for the Nordics this time around instead." But really, barring festivals, most all of these gigs will be in cities I'd love to see so I'll try not to get swayed by every announcement. :lol: It is a bummer how they do the Euro announcements in pieces though. If they did a festival or something in France and did Rock Am Ring / Im Park in Germany then I'd want to do the Nordics but the floor will be sold for this show by the time I find out about other dates.

We have to hit up some shows my friend!

brutal_descent
10-02-2012, 12:09 PM
aaaaaand Stockholm's sold out!

ravenheart
10-02-2012, 01:26 PM
'bout time they announced the rest of the shows. It's not like they're not already confirmed.

Butcher of Birth
10-03-2012, 04:16 PM
'bout time they announced the rest of the shows. It's not like they're not already confirmed.

I hate Maiden for this. For everywhere but Europe they dump the dates in one go.

ravenheart
10-03-2012, 07:18 PM
I hate Maiden for this. For everywhere but Europe they dump the dates in one go.

I think it's because Europe is so easy to travel around. They know if they release all the dates in one go we'll all pick and choose which ones we go to. But if they drip-feed, we'll panic buy because we can't be sure there'll be a date closer to us announced later. Metallica do the same thing.

ravenheart
10-05-2012, 05:43 AM
Paris on June 5th.

IrritatedTrout
10-05-2012, 06:47 AM
I think I'll be buying my ticket for Paris next week! I'd imagine a second show would be coming, and I just checked the flights for June. They seem reasonable right now.

ravenheart
10-08-2012, 04:53 AM
I just realised Maiden's Stockholm announcement says the first band "to be announced" at the new Friends Arena.

Now I know why. KISS are playing there over a month earlier, on June 1.

Dextrimental
10-08-2012, 05:37 AM
Dublin date hopefully coming soon, promoters around here have caught wind that Maiden are booked for a Download warm up, which suits me fine :D

Hopefully Graspop is the Belgium date!

DisposableJustice
10-11-2012, 01:17 AM
Hold on to your ass, lucky Germans

via the Facebook page

More dates have been added to the Maiden England European Tour 2013. Maiden will play 5 shows in Germany - the dates are: the Festhalle Frankfurt on 11 June, the O2 World in Berlin on 18 June, O2 World in Hamburg on 19 June, Open Air Arena Singen-Aach on 29 June and Open Air an der KŲPi-Arena in Oberhausen on 06 July.

Tickets go onsale October 20th with our fanclub presale starting on October 15th.

IrritatedTrout
10-11-2012, 07:02 AM
Man, if Frankfurt was two days earlier or Paris two days later then it would be a no-brainer. As is, I don't think I can justify the costs of staying on the continent for an extra 3 days plus the travel expenses of getting to Frankfurt. Not to mention I've pretty much seen all there is to see in Frankfurt, I'd like to spend my money somewhere new even though I do have a bit of a soft-spot for the city. So, as painful as it is, I guess I'll just stick to my plan of visiting Paris / Reykjavik and hold out on seeing Maiden in Germany until another time.:snivel:

IrritatedTrout
10-15-2012, 06:53 AM
Well, since some signs are indicating there won't be a second show in Paris I went ahead and bought a Frankfurt ticket this morning.:lol: Just to keep the option open since I have no idea what other dates they're doing around Paris. Wish they'd just announce the whole tour.

IrritatedTrout
10-16-2012, 04:27 PM
And the next date of the European tour is...... Rio De Janeiro!:eyes:

Hope to see them in South America sometime, not this tour though. Most exciting thing about this is the possibility of a plane leg with a Florida show.:D

DisposableJustice
10-16-2012, 10:35 PM
And the next date of the European tour is...... Rio De Janeiro!:eyes:

Hope to see them in South America sometime, not this tour though. Most exciting thing about this is the possibility of a plane leg with a Florida show.:D

If they do a date or two in Florida I will seriously consider coming to see a show:rocker:

IrritatedTrout
10-26-2012, 07:47 AM
Amsterdam.:stoned:

ravenheart
10-26-2012, 08:23 AM
Amsterdam.:stoned:

Just booked to go to this one.

Butcher of Birth
10-28-2012, 02:48 PM
Booked to go to Paris.

IrritatedTrout
10-28-2012, 04:52 PM
See you there!

ravenheart
10-28-2012, 04:56 PM
What's all this not booking the FC trip bullshit going on? ;)

treghet
11-23-2012, 01:07 AM
Hopefully Graspop is the Belgium date!

"Maiden To Headline Graspop 2013!

Iron Maiden are the first headliners to be announced for Belgiumís legendary Graspop Metal Meet. The Festival takes place June 28-30. Maiden will be headlining on Sunday June 30th so will be closing the Festival for 2013."

Dextrimental
11-23-2012, 02:25 AM
"Maiden To Headline Graspop 2013!

Iron Maiden are the first headliners to be announced for Belgiumís legendary Graspop Metal Meet. The Festival takes place June 28-30. Maiden will be headlining on Sunday June 30th so will be closing the Festival for 2013."

So I just read. Awesome start to Graspop getting their shit together!

IrritatedTrout
11-23-2012, 06:45 AM
Booked to go to Paris.

Are you gonna go to Soni Amneville? I'm passing as I don't want to have to leave Paris early and I wouldn't really want to see them at a festival anyway.

ravenheart
11-23-2012, 07:31 AM
They've pissed me off with the Zurich date. Why can't they just get the fuck on an announce them at once.

Had they done so, I could have gone to Zurich Saturday for Maiden, spent the day there Sunday, fly to Amsterdam Monday, see Maiden there Tuesday, fly home Wednesday. Lovely.

Now it's too late because the Amsterdam trip is booked.

IrritatedTrout
11-23-2012, 07:40 AM
Yeah, that does suck. Getting the dates in slow drips is dumb. They should at least announce all their own shows at once even if they can't announce all the festivals together.

ravenheart
12-04-2012, 10:03 AM
Dates added:

May 29th - Lisbon, Portugal
July 16th - Saint Petersburg, Russia
July 18th - Moscow, Russia

IrritatedTrout
12-04-2012, 05:35 PM
Seems likely that Lisbon will be the first show of the tour.

IrritatedTrout
01-28-2013, 05:50 AM
http://www.ironmaiden.com/tourdates.php

Slovakia, 2 dates in Spain, and Finland added. I'd imagine there should only be a handful of gigs left to announce. I still wanna know what they're doing between Spain and Paris.

ravenheart
02-04-2013, 03:39 AM
Voodoo Six opening all the headlining shows from Lisbon to Stockholm.

Wouldn't be surprised if they get added in Finland too.

Also confirmed for the Sonispheres in Spain and Italy, and Graspop. Almost guaranteed to get confirmed for Download.

IrritatedTrout
02-04-2013, 05:37 AM
Well, that sucks. I was hoping for someone that at least had name recognition, I've never heard of these guys.

This video isn't too bad though: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jUdM6uo2Lig

Much better than the last time I saw a no-name band open for Maiden in 2011.:hecho:

When a bunch of your dates are either sold-out or selling well already I guess you don't need to pay for a big support band.

ravenheart
02-04-2013, 06:12 AM
Well, that sucks. I was hoping for someone that at least had name recognition, I've never heard of these guys.

Why does that matter? Good is good.

Besides which, if you lived here you would have heard of them.

IrritatedTrout
02-04-2013, 06:42 AM
I'd rather see someone like Destruction (random example) even though I'm not really a fan just so I can see what they're like. I'm never gonna pay to go to one of their shows but I might like to see what the fuss is about. With a no name band you don't care if you see them or not because there is probably nothing special about them. Could be worse support though, could be a well-known band that sucks balls.

ravenheart
02-04-2013, 06:48 AM
I'd rather see someone like Destruction (random example) even though I'm not really a fan just so I can see what they're like. I'm never gonna pay to go to one of their shows but I might like to see what the fuss is about. With a no name band you don't care if you see them or not because there is probably nothing special about them. Could be worse support though, could be a well-known band that sucks balls.

Or it just means you don't know enough bands ;) In May they're headlining the same London venue as people like Pentagram and Fozzy. Like I said, if you lived here they'd be a "name" to you.

I'm very much looking forward to seeing Voodoo Six in Amsterdam. They're a great live band. Last album was excellent as well. I should be getting the new one soonish.

300%_Density
02-04-2013, 06:55 AM
Darn...So Lauren Harris won't be opening up for Maiden...Again? Darn the luck.

IrritatedTrout
02-04-2013, 06:58 AM
Or it just means you don't know enough bands ;) In May they're headlining the same London venue as people like Pentagram and Fozzy. Like I said, if you lived here they'd be a "name" to you.

I'm very much looking forward to seeing Voodoo Six in Amsterdam. They're a great live band. Last album was excellent as well. I should be getting the new one soonish.

Fozzy. :lol:

Sabaton is the opener in Stockholm and Russia I believe. Would have liked to have had them on the rest of the tour.

Listened to the single they have for the new album, it's not bad even if it's a bit generic. Still would have been cool to have someone memorable since I'm coming all the way to Europe. Much like a certain someone said he wouldn't be coming to America if he got lame support on the East Coast like Coheed & Cambria.:tongue:

ravenheart
02-04-2013, 06:58 AM
Darn...So Lauren Harris won't be opening up for Maiden...Again? Darn the luck.

Doesn't everyone keep quitting her new band?

Surprised Rise To Remain aren't opening.

ravenheart
02-04-2013, 06:59 AM
Sabaton is the opener in Stockholm and Russia I believe. Would have liked to have had them on the rest of the tour.

Sweet Jesus no. Having a band you've heard of is no excuse to have a shit band. And you laugh at Fozzy. Damn.

IrritatedTrout
02-04-2013, 07:01 AM
I liked a few of Sabaton's songs when I was in my Power Metal phase when I was 16. :lol:

Dextrimental
02-04-2013, 07:42 AM
Screw whose opening for Maiden. Guess whose seeing Maiden open for King Diamond at Graspop!? :D Full shows from both too!

IrritatedTrout
02-04-2013, 07:56 AM
That would be awesome. King should be the opener for the tour.:lol:

IrritatedTrout
03-07-2013, 05:45 PM
http://www.ironmaiden.com/maiden-to-open-maiden-england-european-tour-2013-in-bilbao-spain.html

http://www.ironmaiden.com/tourdates.php

Bilbao, Spain announced as the opener for the 2013 tour. Apparently the capacity for this show will only be 4,000. That would be pretty cool.

ravenheart
03-08-2013, 09:08 AM
That would be awesome. King should be the opener for the tour.:lol:

This.

IrritatedTrout
03-22-2013, 07:06 AM
Istanbul and a really cool looking gig in Bucharest announced:

http://www.ironmaiden.com/maiden-are-to-play-outdoor-concert-in-constitution-square-in-bucharest-romania.html

ravenheart
03-22-2013, 07:42 AM
Istanbul and a really cool looking gig in Bucharest announced:

http://www.ironmaiden.com/maiden-are-to-play-outdoor-concert-in-constitution-square-in-bucharest-romania.html

I also hate it when random dates get awesome support bands and other dates get shitty ones.

IrritatedTrout
03-22-2013, 08:10 AM
Supposedly Eastern Europe is getting Anthrax in a bid to boost traditionally sluggish sales. A lot of the Western European dates were sold out or almost sold out before the support was even announced so that's probably why we got robbed. :lol: