Hail the Leaf
The Curse Is a Lie

Encore:
Stone the Crow (Rex Brown on Bass)
Bury Me in Smoke (Rex Brown on Bass)

http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/down/2012/trees-dallas-tx-7bdd8ad4.html

WOLVERINEKILLS
09-19-2012, 12:45 AM
Good setlist. 8 songs from Nola? Nothing from Over the Under? Drop Losing All & Temptations Wings, add 3 Suns 1 Star & Beneath The Tides for an even better setlist imo!!! Glad several new songs are on there as well as Somethings On My Side!!!

Nickweiser
09-19-2012, 12:57 AM
no love for Over The Under?! when that album came out 5 years ago they were playing at LEAST 5 to 7 songs off that album. New EP is great too. But shit, i LOVE III:Over The Under. and the rest the rest of their catalog.

WOLVERINEKILLS
09-19-2012, 01:06 AM
no love for Over The Under?! when that album came out 5 years ago they were playing at LEAST 5 to 7 songs off that album. New EP is great too. But shit, i LOVE III:Over The Under. and the rest the rest of their catalog.

I agree. Hopefully when they hit Pops it'll have some OtU songs thrown in - but I'm not complaining as that is a kick ass setlist.

HugeRockStar
09-19-2012, 08:24 AM
Rex on bass for the encore? Very cool. I miss him on the new stuff.

smearCampaign
09-19-2012, 08:36 AM
Yeah, it seems odd that they totally left out Over the Under songs. Nothing In Return is a great slow one and sounds so good live. Still a very solid set, but some more variety in their song choices would be nice.

If this would've been a Thursday, Friday or Saturday the 3.5 hour drive to Dallas could have been doable. Oh well, they play TX quite a bit.

RampinUp46
09-19-2012, 09:12 AM
Eyes of the South
Witchtripper
There's Something on My Side
Open Coffins
Lysergik Funeral Procession
Lifer
Pillars of Eternity
Losing All
Ghosts Along the Mississippi
New Orleans Is a Dying Whore
Temptation's Wings
Misfortune Teller
Hail the Leaf
The Curse Is a Lie

Encore:
Stone the Crow (Rex Brown on Bass)
Bury Me in Smoke (Rex Brown on Bass)

http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/down/2012/trees-dallas-tx-7bdd8ad4.html

They skipped a lot of stuff, definitely, but...that fuckin' setlist... :drool:

300%_Density
09-19-2012, 09:29 AM
Great set. I love Eyes of the South as an opener. I also think Levitation would have been a great opener as well. That's my favorite song on IV, little bummed they aren't doing it right now. Hopefully it will show up soon.

WOLVERINEKILLS
09-19-2012, 10:29 AM
Levitation is a great song and I really though they would open with it.

imanidiot777
09-19-2012, 11:32 AM
Forget dropping songs, just add N.O.D. and Beneath the Tides or something. If they were going to drop any I'd choose Losing All though as well.

I cannot wait til the 29th to see them!!

Blacktooth85
09-19-2012, 11:37 AM
Yeah Jesus, i know NOLA is the fan favorite but would it kill Phil to drop a few songs and replace some songs from Over the Under? That album has grown on me over the past few years. N.O.D was played regularly on the last few tours. I would love to hear Beneath the Tides, 3 Sons and One Star, or In The Thrill of it All.

I wish they'd throw something different in from Down II. I can live with "Ghosts" being permanent in the set. I would like to see something like, A Man that Follows Hell or Stained Glass Cross. It's cool they threw in There's Something on My Side....Either way i'm still looking forward to seeing them again.

imanidiot777
09-19-2012, 11:44 AM
Yeah Jesus, i know NOLA is the fan favorite but would it kill Phil to drop a few songs and replace some songs from Over the Under? That album has grown on me over the past few years. N.O.D was played regularly on the last few tours. I would love to hear Beneath the Tides, 3 Sons and One Star, or In The Thrill of it All.

I wish they'd throw something different in from Down II. I can live with "Ghosts" being permanent in the set. I would like to see something like, A Man that Follows Hell or Stained Glass Cross. It's cool they threw in There's Something on My Side....Either way i'm still looking forward to seeing them again.

Stained Glass Cross would be AWESOME!! Definitely can't get rid of Ghosts and Lysergic though, probably not New Orleans either

tenchimyo
09-19-2012, 05:08 PM
I can't believe nothing offa 'Over..'

pretty cool setlist.

How was the crowd?

300%_Density
09-19-2012, 06:19 PM
Could be wrong so don't quote me.

But isn't Stained Glass Cross one of the only songs Down hasn't done live ever? I thought I read an interview w/ Phil or someone from Down talking about the songs from albums they've never done and I think that was one that hasn't ever been played. Might be wrong though.

But I love Stained Glass Cross. I find it odd that they haven't ever done it live. Sadly, w/ so many new EP's coming, if it hasn't been played on previous tours the chances of it ever being played are probably slim. :mad:

XDoomsayerX
09-19-2012, 08:55 PM
DOWWWN! Nice set but like other folks have been saying, you can't neglect Over the Under. Bury Me in Smoke is still one of the heaviest songs I've witnessed live :rocker:

Nickweiser
09-22-2012, 12:35 AM
I find it very safe to say i am not alone at all on the lack of "Over The Under" songs! Down, where are you guys to take notice?!?!!?

digitallive
09-22-2012, 07:40 PM
Could be wrong so don't quote me.

But isn't Stained Glass Cross one of the only songs Down hasn't done live ever? I thought I read an interview w/ Phil or someone from Down talking about the songs from albums they've never done and I think that was one that hasn't ever been played. Might be wrong though.

But I love Stained Glass Cross. I find it odd that they haven't ever done it live. Sadly, w/ so many new EP's coming, if it hasn't been played on previous tours the chances of it ever being played are probably slim. :mad:

"stained glass cross" was played at some shows on the final leg of the "down II" tour in fall of 2002. they played it when i saw them at metropol in pittsburgh that year, phil said they'd been asked a lot why they didn't play it so they threw it in that tour.

could have something to do with the organ as to why its not played often

WOLVERINEKILLS
09-22-2012, 10:35 PM
Seen Down 14 times. Heard every real song live with Dog Tired & Thrall Of It All at soundcheck EXCEPT for Where I'm Going & Landing On The Mountains Of Meggido. On Down II they have a few small pieces like St. Augustine Jam (?) that I don't consider real songs that I have not heard.