PDA

View Full Version : Aerosmith Tour

NickLed19
09-18-2012, 06:02 PM
AEROSMITH has announced the second leg of "The Global Warming Tour", featuring support act CHEAP TRICK. Tickets go on sale Monday, September 24 at 10:00 a.m. (local time) at LiveNation.com. American Express card members can get advance tickets beginning this Wednesday, September 19 at 10:00 a.m. (local time). For VIP ticket packages, including opportunities to meet band members, backstage tours, great tickets and more, visit Aeroforceone.com. In addition, a Facebook pre-sale begins Friday, September 21; fans who click here and RSVP to the presale will have early access to tickets.

The dates are as follows:

Nov. 08 - Oklahoma City, OK - Chesapeake Energy Arena
Nov. 11 - Wichita, KS - Intrust Bank Arena
Nov. 14 - Kansas City, MO - Spring Center
Nov. 16 - Austin, TX - Frank Erwin Center
Nov. 20 - New York, NY - Madison Square Garden
Nov. 23 - Atlantic City, NJ - Revel Resorts Ovation Hall
Nov. 25 - Columbus, OH - Nationwide Arena
Nov. 27 - Toronto, ON - Air Canada Centre
Dec. 01 - Las Vegas, NV - MGM Grand Garden Arena
Dec. 03 - Los Angeles, CA - Staples Center
Dec. 06 - New Orleans, LA - New Orleans Arena
Dec. 09 - Fort Lauderdale, FL - BB&T Center
Dec. 11 - Tampa, FL - Tampa Bay Times Forum
Dec. 13 - Nashville, TN - Bridgestone Arena

mankvill
09-18-2012, 06:23 PM
man, can i just see cheap trick headlining somewhere?

NickLed19
09-18-2012, 06:38 PM
They play like 60 min with Aerosmith, thats a good amount of time for an opening band. Plus dude its Aerosmith. Its worth it.

PVH5150
09-18-2012, 06:46 PM
Album release date (11/6) at the Garden in Boston. Hasn't been announced yet, but it will be shortly.

Onioner
09-18-2012, 06:56 PM
If I can pick up a reasonably priced ticket on StubHub a couple days before the show I'll go. If I'm stuck with 65 dollar nosebleeds though I'll pass.

ravenheart
09-19-2012, 01:49 AM
They play like 60 min with Aerosmith, thats a good amount of time for an opening band. Plus dude its Aerosmith. Its worth it.

I love Aerosmith, and I think they're awesome live, but no, their ticket prices are not worth it. I've seen them three times, but only at festivals. I won't pay their arena prices.

NickLed19
09-19-2012, 01:56 AM
Kiss, Van Halen, Rush, etc are all around the same price as Aerosmith.

Onioner
09-19-2012, 02:04 AM

Kiss and Rush usually play amphitheaters though, and that means cheap lawn seats. Van Halen I'll agree with though. At Staples Center I managed to get a center view ticket for 40 dollars, but I'm sure that particular show was a rare exception when it came to the overall tour. 65 bucks for a side spot at nosebleed height just isn't worth it for me though.

ravenheart
09-19-2012, 02:20 AM

Yep... won't pay for them either. If people pay their stupid prices, they'll be higher next time. They will only respond to voting with feet. People lack the willpower to actually do that though, which is how the prices got to this point in the first place.

That said, KISS are nowhere near as expensive as the other three when they come here.

dcmetal108
09-19-2012, 05:18 AM

Actually the cheapest KISS ticket is cheaper then the cheapest Aerosmith, Rush, and Van Halen ticket. KISS is the only one that seems to constantly play amphitheaters. The others just do a indoor arena always.

Sanitarium78
09-19-2012, 05:35 AM
KISS is the only one that seems to constantly play amphitheaters. The others just do a indoor arena always.

Nope.

This year is the first time since the first leg of the Test For Echo tour in 1996 that Rush is doing an all arena tour in North America. Since the summer of 1997 every North American Rush tour took place during the spring and summer, so they played amphitheaters at just about every show since then. There have been a few arenas here and there but 95 percent of their shows played over the last 15 years have been outdoors.

dcmetal108
09-19-2012, 05:41 AM
Nope.

This year is the first time since the first leg of the Test For Echo tour in 1996 that Rush is doing an all arena tour in North America. Since the summer of 1997 every North American Rush tour took place during the spring and summer, so they played amphitheaters at just about every show since then. There have been a few arenas here and there but 95 percent of their shows played over the last 15 years have been outdoors.

Sorry should have mentioned that this example was just for Chicago. :D

Sanitarium78
09-19-2012, 06:04 AM
Sorry should have mentioned that this example was just for Chicago. :D

Well, check all the dates Rush has played in Chicago since 1997 on this page and see how right or wrong you are;)

http://cygnus-x1.net/links/rush/tourdates.php#TESTFORECHO

dcmetal108
09-19-2012, 06:28 AM
Well, check all the dates Rush has played in Chicago since 1997 on this page and see how right or wrong you are;)

http://cygnus-x1.net/links/rush/tourdates.php#TESTFORECHO

I was just going off the last few years since I've started going to shows,

Sanitarium78
09-19-2012, 07:14 AM
I was just going off the last few years since I've started going to shows,

I was just messing with you anyways. Sometimes my Rush geekiness takes over and is hard to control:D

marker
09-19-2012, 08:46 AM
I want to go but last time I saw them at Staples Center they sounded like shit. I hate Staples Center and the acoustics often suck there. If they played a different venue I would probably go. I don't want to pay their prices and see them there. I would also like to see Cheap Trick headline somewhere. I have only seen them twice, both times as the opener. The sound mix was off both times and by the time they fixed it their set was pretty much over.

hiddenzombie013
09-19-2012, 08:58 AM
Nope.

This tour isn't even all arenas. In Tampa specifically, they're playing the same ampitheater that they always play, and they're also playing an ampitheater in Alpharetta two days before. Kiss and Aerosmith have also each played the same amp the last time they have each come through.

Don't know if I'd go to this. Like others mentioned, I don't wanna pay $50+ to get shitty nosebleeds, and I know the other prices will be above what I'm willing to pay. It'd be fun, but I'll probably have to save my money.

Nick_to_the_face
09-20-2012, 07:15 AM
man, can i just see cheap trick headlining somewhere?

this