PDA

View Full Version : Symphony X -- Baltimore, MD -- September 11th, 2012

tenchimyo
09-16-2012, 02:04 PM
Went to see Symphony X up in Baltimore as the 2/4 show this past week. I feel like the door price shoulda been cheaper than $28, but whatever...

Aeris is a local band from Maryland, who played a set in the vein of classic metal. Their singer sounded like a younger Geoff Tate, so I enjoyed that.

Rome Apart played next but I didn't really care and got a snack at that point. Heard one song upon my return, didn't really think I missed anything.

Symphony X sounded very good. It was the first time I'd been to the Soundstage- a smaller place than Empire (empire), and there was a good sized crowd (120 people about). I found humour during Russell's September 11 talk (before All is Lost) because he mentioned his tenure as a knight at Medieval Times. Kind of tired of the Odyssey, but it still sounded great.

Full Review w/ Photos (http://heavymetalcowboysteve.blogspot.com/2012/09/smyphony-x-baltimore-soundstage-9112012.html)

Aeris

?
A time to Kill
Prisoner of TIme
?(madness )
Drum solo
?

Symphony X (10:00-11:20)

Iconoclast
The End of Innocence
Dehumanized
Bastards of the Machine
Electric Messiah
When All is Lost
Of Sins and Shadows
Serpent's Kiss
Set the World on Fire (The Lie of Lies)
The Odyssey

Note that this setlist is the same as the show the previous night at the Howard Theatre (setlist.fm)