PDA

View Full Version : Megadeth -- Buenos Aires, Argentina -- September 13th, 2012

cristianrock
09-14-2012, 10:53 AM
I'm pretty sure that Dave chose on purpose this concert on his favorite place to play on earth, Buenos Aires, Argentina, meh, so he did a couple special stuff

Trust
Hangar 18
She-Wolf
Wake Up Dead
I Ain't Superstitious (Willie Dixon cover)
Devil's Island (First time played since 2009)
Never Dead
Whose Life (Is It Anyways?)
Public Enemy No. 1
----------------------------------------
Skin o' My Teeth
Symphony of Destruction
Architecture of Aggression
Foreclosure of a Dream
Sweating Bullets
This Was My Life
Countdown to Extinction
High Speed Dirt
Psychotron
Captive Honour
Ashes in Your Mouth
------------------------------------
A Tout Le Monde
Peace Sells
Holy Wars... The Punishment Due

girnny777
09-14-2012, 10:58 AM
I wouldn't mind if this was the set for the US tour.

IrritatedTrout
09-14-2012, 11:14 AM
Now that's an awesome set.

TheNobleFaceHumper
09-14-2012, 11:49 AM
Now if only he'd play The Conjuring ..... :drool:

Coma323
09-14-2012, 01:39 PM
I'd rather hear My Last Words than I Ain't Superstitious but good set nonetheless.

treghet
09-14-2012, 02:02 PM
I'd rather hear My Last Words than I Ain't Superstitious but good set nonetheless.

Agreed. I don't know why they even decided to play I Ain't Superstitious in the first place. :hecho: It's awesome they pulled out Devils Island again though. I'd love to hear that live. :rocker:

Wrecking Crew
09-14-2012, 02:12 PM
Agreed. I don't know why they even decided to play I Ain't Superstitious in the first place. :hecho: It's awesome they pulled out Devils Island again though. I'd love to hear that live. :rocker:

Thirded about rather hearing My Last Words. I may go to this concert after all, Countdown has grown on me over the years although it still isn't up to the greatness of Megadeth's first 4 albums.

LIVEtoROCK86
09-14-2012, 02:25 PM

Because it's awesome!! I really dig that they are playing Countdown as well. I think Peace Sells, Rust In Peace and Countdown are my faves. I was 6 when Countdown came out. Psychotron and Captive Honour are so good. I'm glad they are finally playing them. I can't understand why they never did before.

treghet
09-14-2012, 02:28 PM
Because it's awesome!! I really dig that they are playing Countdown as well. I think Peace Sells, Rust In Peace and Countdown are my faves. I was 6 when Countdown came out. Psychotron and Captive Honour are so good. I'm glad they are finally playing them. I can't understand why they never did before.

It's the weakest song on the album. It would be better to play something from So Far, So Good..., which isn't represented at all in this set.

LIVEtoROCK86
09-14-2012, 02:35 PM
It's the weakest song on the album. It would be better to play something from So Far, So Good..., which isn't represented at all in this set.

There isn't a weak song on Peace Sells :flame:

300%_Density
09-14-2012, 02:45 PM
We got through a whole page w/ no Megadeth set complaining!!! I am so proud of this board right now!!!

treghet
09-14-2012, 02:51 PM
There isn't a weak song on Peace Sells :flame:

Peace Sells is my favorite Megadeth album, but I'm not going to deny that I Ain't Superstitious is weak compared to songs like My Last Words or Good Mourning / Black Friday. Fun fact: Set the World Afire was supposed to be on Peace Sells, but Dave decided to replace it with I Ain't Superstitious.

TheNobleFaceHumper
09-14-2012, 05:01 PM
Thirded about rather hearing My Last Words. I may go to this concert after all, Countdown has grown on me over the years although it still isn't up to the greatness of Megadeth's first 4 albums.

I can't be the only one who thinks Countdown > SFSGSW

makethemsuffer12
09-14-2012, 05:44 PM
I can't be the only one who thinks Countdown > SFSGSW

I'm with you. SFSGSW, while still a classic album with a great vibe, has always been my least favorite classic 'Deth album.

treghet
09-14-2012, 05:46 PM
Of the first four albums, it's my least favorite as well. It still has some awesome songs, but it pales in comparison to what came before and after it.

LIVEtoROCK86
09-16-2012, 09:22 AM
Countdown for sure. Anarchy In The UK is enough to put SFSGSW behind Countdown for me. All good albums though.

LIVEtoROCK86
09-16-2012, 09:22 AM
Peace Sells is my favorite Megadeth album, but I'm not going to deny that I Ain't Superstitious is weak compared to songs like My Last Words or Good Mourning / Black Friday. Fun fact: Set the World Afire was supposed to be on Peace Sells, but Dave decided to replace it with I Ain't Superstitious.

Now THAT would have been something!

RampinUp46
09-16-2012, 11:25 AM
I'm with you. SFSGSW, while still a classic album with a great vibe, has always been my least favorite classic 'Deth album.

This.