PDA

View Full Version : Kreator -- Montreal, Quebec -- September 10th, 2012

sarsip
09-13-2012, 06:17 PM
I am writing a quick review mainly to give an update about the sound.

Swallow The Sun- How did they get on this tour? I call it the " Who blew who " tour. Moving on.

Accept- The sound was odd. The drums and bass were over mixed for the opener. During Hellfire the sound leveled out. During some early songs it seemed someone was pushing a decibel reducer button. Eventually the sound was corrected. Besides Peter's bass having a bit of feedback at one point, they sounded good. They were louder than Kreator. Same set as other shows. Merch was reasonably priced. Cool flag for sale!

Kreator- The sound was ok overall. Same set as NYC and Worcester. The band was, and of course is, awesome!!! I spoke with someone who went to Worcester and said the mix was not good. I agree. However, as the show went on the mix improved.

I wonder if the sound for these bands was lousy because the personnel doesn't have adequate time between bands to get it right? I don't know. The past two shows I saw at Metropolis sounded great.

I got to the venue late to miss STS, and the show was worth it!

street_burial
09-13-2012, 06:52 PM
I am writing a quick review mainly to give an update about the sound.

Swallow The Sun- How did they get on this tour? I call it the " Who blew who " tour. Moving on.

Accept- The sound was odd. The drums and bass were over mixed for the opener. During Hellfire the sound leveled out. During some early songs it seemed someone was pushing a decibel reducer button. Eventually the sound was corrected. Besides Peter's bass having a bit of feedback at one point, they sounded good. They were louder than Kreator. Same set as other shows. Merch was reasonably priced. Cool flag for sale!

Kreator- The sound was ok overall. Same set as NYC and Worcester. The band was, and of course is, awesome!!! I spoke with someone who went to Worcester and said the mix was not good. I agree. However, as the show went on the mix improved.

I wonder if the sound for these bands was lousy because the personnel doesn't have adequate time between bands to get it right? I don't know. The past two shows I saw at Metropolis sounded great.

I got to the venue late to miss STS, and the show was worth it!

Swallow The Sun > the other bands on this tour.

PowerMaiden
09-13-2012, 07:42 PM
Swallow The Sun > the other bands on this tour.

not imho, but I respect yours, one thing is for sure, they don't fit on the bill

Cheers !
PowerMaiden

mankvill
09-13-2012, 10:06 PM

not gonna bother reading the rest of your review since Swallow The Sun is easily the best band on this bill. :cool:

VoidFlame
09-14-2012, 04:12 AM
You shouldn't have said anything about StS, now I'm angry ;)

Sadly, I had to skip this because of school. :bouville: