PDA

View Full Version : Wendy Dio Re-marries

ravenheart
09-13-2012, 03:33 PM
RONNIE JAMES DIO's widow and former manager, Wendy Dio, has remarried boyfriend Omar Gimenez at a private ceremony that was held in Montecito, California this past Sunday, September 9th.

Dio's good friend and maid of honour Gloria Butler (BLACK SABBATH bassist Geezer Butler's wife) remarked about the event:
"I couldn’t imagine, at my age, being part of a wedding party…never mind learning how to be a maid of honor. Well, not only did I manage to survive the entire ordeal…I thoroughly enjoyed being part of a truly wonderful event. In my next life; I’ll surely be weddingologist. This is a new field that I’ve either invented or perfected…that being a wedding planner and psychologist all in one!

The wedding was in Santa Barbara. I had been to one other wedding, not only in the same city; but the same venue. What a difference….this one was full of beauty and love and happiness. The other was full of egg shells (that most of us walked on the entire evening), judgement, and dread.

Being somebody that can’t publicaly speak terribly well and somebody that hates to read out loud; I managed to give a speech that was written only four hours prior to the wedding. According to my audience, I pulled it off really nicely and even got a good laugh (thank goodness that was the intent).

I wish Wendy and Omar a lifetime of love and happiness…the same love and happiness they showed their guests that night."

ravenheart
09-13-2012, 03:33 PM
Seriously? Barely two years...

anomynous
09-13-2012, 03:38 PM
Not to mention how she's blatantly milking RJD's legacy, and denies it every chance she gets.

brutal_descent
09-13-2012, 03:59 PM
Thanks, Perez Hilton ;)

rjturtle9
09-13-2012, 04:00 PM
Well, that sucks.

hot_turkey_ed
09-13-2012, 04:08 PM
Before this thread gets silly.. more than meets the eye on this story.

From I'm reading elsewhere... this isn't a case of married for 20 years, husband dies, widow re-marries two years later. Reads like they got married, then separated with the wife still managing husband's music career. Otherwise, living separate lives. It may not be a straight up case of "two years omg so soon."

Honestly, not sure of details... personally, I don't care and won't be researching. Only posting as a heads up before people start making shit up.

:allan:

Sanitarium78
09-13-2012, 04:39 PM
It's not that big of a deal honestly. Regardless of what the details really are, some people recover from the grieving process of losing a spouse by getting married again. It gives them new hope and a reason to keep going.

ravenheart
09-13-2012, 05:09 PM
It's not that big of a deal honestly. Regardless of what the details really are, some people recover from the grieving process of losing a spouse by getting married again. It gives them new hope and a reason to keep going.

All well and good, but they probably don't do it while exploiting their dead spouse's life's work in order to never work again...

Alduin
09-13-2012, 05:35 PM
SHES A WITCH!!! BUUUUUUUURRRRRN HER! BUUUURRRRRNNN HERRRRR!:mad::flame:

dcmetal108
09-13-2012, 05:57 PM
SHES A WITCH!!! BUUUUUUUURRRRRN HER! BUUUURRRRRNNN HERRRRR!:mad::flame:

:lol:

IrritatedTrout
09-13-2012, 07:41 PM
Blabbermouth article said she had been with the guy for 20 years, so yeah.

Travis The Dragon
09-13-2012, 09:13 PM
If she wants to remarry, that's completely her decision and I respect that.

Also, Dio was never super popular to begin with so you can't blame her for trying to keep some money coming in.

TonyD
09-13-2012, 09:41 PM
Soooo they were technically married but not together for 20 years and she's still in charge of his estate...

gilpdawg
09-14-2012, 12:25 AM
Before this thread gets silly.. more than meets the eye on this story.

From I'm reading elsewhere... this isn't a case of married for 20 years, husband dies, widow re-marries two years later. Reads like they got married, then separated with the wife still managing husband's music career. Otherwise, living separate lives. It may not be a straight up case of "two years omg so soon."

Honestly, not sure of details... personally, I don't care and won't be researching. Only posting as a heads up before people start making shit up.

:allan:
I thought it was common knowledge that Wendy and Ronnie split years ago? They were still very close friends and business partners though. This shouldn't even be news.

elturtleboy
09-14-2012, 10:33 AM
Old people sex!

christopher
09-14-2012, 05:49 PM
At first, I thought it was really fucked up of her to do so soon after Dio's death. I mean, I'm sure there are plenty of people like me who assumed they were still married since she kept his last name. Wikipedia even says:Dio remained married to Gaxiola until his death. I know not to trust that site 100%, but most info is usually pretty accurate. Now that I know they were split for so long, it makes me kind of sick that she's just mooching off of his legacy. There was no need for another best of collection. Anyways, I hope she's happy with her decision.