PDA

View Full Version : Devin Townsend -- Houston, TX -- September 11th, 2012

Metaljoetx
09-11-2012, 09:25 PM
First time seeing DT and really listening to his music after reading so much about him. Actually really enjoyed him. I showed up just for DT. Paradise lost apparently missed tonight's show. I believe the singer was sick. Typing out the setlist from the one I got. Also got the pick Devin used for the whole show.

1. Supercrush
2. Kingdom
3. Truth
4. Babysong
5. Regulator
6. Apes
7. Where We Belong
8. War
9. Vampira
10. Animals
11. Liberation
12. Juular
13. Grace
14. Bad Devil

Onioner
09-11-2012, 09:53 PM
Lucky Animals has been stuck in my skull ever since I heard it for the first time at the SF show. It's the weirdest fucking song but it's so catchy!

BloodoftheKings
09-11-2012, 11:03 PM
It's the weirdest fucking song

wut?

makethemsuffer12
09-12-2012, 04:53 AM
wut?

Yeah, this. If anything it's one of Devy's least weird songs.

Anyway I'm loving his sets for this tour. Can't wait to actually see it for myself.

HugeRockStar
09-12-2012, 07:27 AM
Yeah, this. If anything it's one of Devy's least weird songs.

That's what makes it weird lol.

It's a cool song but not much lasting appeal, even Devin has said that he's already sick to death of it haha

ShatteredFlame
09-12-2012, 08:25 AM
I find Lucky Animals to be the worst song off Epicloud so I would not mind if he cut that from the setlist. He should keep More! in the set, Save Our Now would also be great.

BloodoftheKings
09-12-2012, 08:29 AM
I find Lucky Animals to be the worst song off Epicloud so I would not mind if he cut that from the setlist. He should keep More! in the set, Save Our Now would also be great.

Yeah i'm not too crazy about.

Holy shit I just noticed the Babysong is in this set. That's pretty awesome.

MPF
09-12-2012, 02:05 PM
Why would Devin drop the first and possibly only single from Epicloud off the setlist?

I actually like the song, but it's staying in the whole tour. Maybe the possible headlining tour in January it will be out, but not until then.

energymetal14
09-12-2012, 03:15 PM
Also got the pick Devin used for the whole show.

That's awesome man! I'm not that familiar with Devin's stuff, so I have no real opinions on the setlist.

ShatteredFlame
09-12-2012, 04:06 PM
Why would Devin drop the first and possibly only single from Epicloud off the setlist?

I actually like the song, but it's staying in the whole tour. Maybe the possible headlining tour in January it will be out, but not until then.

Strangely enough in a tweet after the song leaked on the radio Devin said something along the line that the station unexpectedly leaked the song and thinks there are better songs to represent the album. (This was before the music video came out.) So if he's sick of it then why not switch it out?

VelvetHarry
09-12-2012, 04:28 PM
I can't wait to hit up this show in Philly next Saturday. I love that Devin switches his setlist around throughout a tour but I also love that "War" has been a constant on the ones I've seen this time around. I've never had a chance to see him do that live and it's one of my favs.:light:

MPF
09-12-2012, 04:29 PM
Strangely enough in a tweet after the song leaked on the radio Devin said something along the line that the station unexpectedly leaked the song and thinks there are better songs to represent the album. (This was before the music video came out.) So if he's sick of it then why not switch it out?

The official video isn't out yet, they are putting a fan contest together for it. and The Label always pushes the first single no matter what, so until the end of the tour, it's staying. Its marketing 101.

LogicBomb
09-12-2012, 05:22 PM
Pretty good setlist.. only thing missing is at least one cut from Ziltoid (aside from Hyperdrive), and Christeen. It really kinda irks me that he plays Truth but not Christeen, those songs have always been inseparable for me.