View Full Version : The Official Breaking Bad Appreciation Thread

brutal_descent
09-07-2012, 08:02 AM
http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m9z5psEaEV1qc5zf0o1_500.gif

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m9ynqb6fht1rzv5n9o1_500.jpg

Let the love commence.

Blitzkrieg Witchcraft
09-07-2012, 06:23 PM
Love me some Breaking Bad. I just started watching about 2 months ago but caught up with the help of Netflix streaming. Can't wait for the final 8 episodes.

Also started watching Hell on Wheels on netflix. Another highly recommended AMC Series.

Coma323
09-07-2012, 06:24 PM
After hearing good things about this show for a long time, I just started watching last week after picking up the first season at FYE for $10. Awesome show so far.

daimonos
09-07-2012, 06:40 PM
Favorite show.

ShatteredFlame
09-07-2012, 07:39 PM
Been a fan since last year when Season 4 just ended. Season 5 was my first time watching it weekly on tv.

MunicipalWasted
09-08-2012, 08:01 AM
Anyone realize that in the latest season we only see Walter White like twice? The entire time it's Heisenberg. The monster has completely took over and he "broke bad" Anyways, I have so much love this show and I'm almost positive I'm getting a Heisenberg portrait on my leg

MPF
09-08-2012, 06:27 PM
The best show on TV.

OraclesofAgony
09-08-2012, 06:29 PM
I hate AMC for making me wait so long for the next half of the season.

The writers dropped the perfect cliffhanger too, like they always do.

masterguy49
09-08-2012, 07:32 PM
Been in love for over a year now, managed to get all my friends to fall in love with it. So bittersweet that it's finally ending. I have a feeling that the next 8 episodes will be the best they release.

That fucking Train Heist episode tho.

XDoomsayerX
09-08-2012, 07:38 PM
:party::eek::bowdown::drool::wow::lovedup::party: :eek::bowdown::drool::wow::lovedup:

MunicipalWasted
09-09-2012, 07:52 AM
I hate AMC for making me wait so long for the next half of the season.

The writers dropped the perfect cliffhanger too, like they always do.

It's perfect, man. So much anticipation is going to build and the writers are going to kill it.

get stoked. :party:

Sepultura69
09-09-2012, 08:01 AM
Hey am I the only one who thinks Guss looks kind of like Obama? :lol:

Amazing Series. I watched the first two seasons a couple of years ago(When the plane crash). Just started watching it again, on season 3: episode 11 so far. Need to get back on that, haven't had a chance to watch an episode in a couple of weeks. But as far as I know, my friends have told me the series gets way more intense, crazier, and fucked up, especially in season 4 and 5.

Sanitarium78
09-10-2012, 07:57 AM
Anyone realize that in the latest season we only see Walter White like twice? The entire time it's Heisenberg.

No Way!!!!:eek: Really???:lol:

The transformation really took place last season when he poisoned Brock and then killed Gus.

This is where Heisenberg took over permanently:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OqkYr5uIreg

Great show, it's too bad we've got to wait until next year to see how it ends. Becasue of how Walt has used and manipulated Jesse this whole time I think it would be cool if Jesse is the last man standing when everything is said and done.

Along with Michael C Hall on Dexter, Bryan Cranston and Arron Paul's performances on this show are the best i've ever seen on any cable drama.

Sepultura69
09-10-2012, 12:36 PM
No Way!!!!:eek: Really???:lol:

The transformation really took place last season when he poisoned Brock and then killed Gus.

fuck me, why the hell did i read this post. I'm only on season 3, episode 11. Oh well, my fault anyways. :(

brutal_descent
09-10-2012, 12:37 PM
fuck me, why the hell did i read this post. I'm only on season 3, episode 11. Oh well, my fault anyways. :(

Were you really expecting for people to be respectful enough to not talk about spoilers here? :lol:

Sepultura69
09-10-2012, 12:38 PM
Were you really expecting for people to be respectful enough to not talk about spoilers here? :lol:

Yes, or at least put spoiler warnings, but either way its my own damn fault. :hmm:

Sanitarium78
09-10-2012, 07:09 PM
Yes, or at least put spoiler warnings, but either way its my own damn fault. :hmm:

Yes, it is your fault. Never read other posts in a thread about a TV show if you haven't seen it all the way through. Seems like common sense to me;)

To tell you the truth, it never even occured to me to put any spoiler warnings up. Considering this sites reason for being is spoilers, I never gave it a second thought when I typed that.

brutal_descent
12-09-2012, 05:36 AM
Re-watching the entire series to kill time. It's even better the second time around :rocker:

Sanitarium78
08-25-2013, 09:43 AM
Loved the first two episodes of this season so far. The show as always is wasting no time when it comes making shit happen. The ending to this series should be great.

SomewhereInTime72
08-28-2013, 04:26 AM
Current (half) season has been nothing short of amazing. :drool:

mankvill
08-28-2013, 07:00 PM
SPOILER

Walt's confession might have made the last episode the single greatest episode of television in history.

powerslave_85
08-28-2013, 07:55 PM
My jaw was on the fucking floor. Never saw that coming.

SomewhereInTime72
08-31-2013, 01:14 AM
image not embedded because spoilers, but LOL: http://i.imgur.com/AboyNcj.png

Sepultura69
08-31-2013, 02:01 AM
I just hopped back on the breaking bad bandwagon. Last stopped at Season 3 episode 11. I am currently on Season 4 episode 6. SHIT IS GETTING FUCKING REAL.

ShatteredFlame
09-09-2013, 05:11 AM
So how about last nights episode? :lovedup:

Dextrimental
09-09-2013, 08:09 AM
So how about last nights episode? :lovedup:

Yeah, I was tempted to do an article this morning telling people to start Breaking Bad now and catch up before the end, because this shit is getting REAL.

Awesome, awesome episode last night. Beginning to end a powerhouse.

mankvill
09-09-2013, 09:42 AM
I wanted to die in the last 5 minutes. I like had my hands over my eyes for most of it.

Shit is getting REAL. And I hate that I have to wait a week for the next episode. Netflix has ruined me.

Sanitarium78
09-09-2013, 04:02 PM
Hank shouldn't have wasted time calling Marie. Once he had Walt in cuffs and in his vehicle he should've hauled his ass off to jail as fast as possible. While Hank was on the phone with Marie I was talking to the TV telling him to "get the fuck outta there, Walt's guys are coming".

Another awesome episode and another great cliffhanger ending.

Sepultura69
09-10-2013, 06:40 PM
ignores spoiler posts :eyes: :eyes::flame: :party: :party::eek: :eek:

As of this morning I am currently on season 4: Episode 12!!! Goddamn this show is getting FUCKING intense. :D

I try to watch an episode or two a day before heading out to work to kill some time. :cool:

masterguy49
09-15-2013, 07:09 PM
Well.

FUCK.

That was probably the high point of Breaking Bad, really.

mankvill
09-15-2013, 07:14 PM
Jesus that episode

Sanitarium78
09-16-2013, 08:06 AM
Last night's episode is pretty much the best episode I've seen of anything, ever. And we still got two more to go:D

Sepultura69
09-25-2013, 11:17 PM
Today I finally caught up with every single episode of breaking bad. "Ozymandias" may be the best episode I have ever seen to any tv show. Holy fucking shit IS really all I can say about that episode. It's a damn shame that this show is finally coming it's end. It was one hell of a ride. Walter White will go down in Television history as one of the greatest Characters in TV Drama. :hmm:

christopher
09-26-2013, 01:08 AM
My friend said the best thing

Here's how I hope they end it.

Walt kills Todd and his crew saves Jessie's but Walt dies in the process

Fast forward two years
We see Jessie kicking it in Albuquerque by himself the the camera is on ground level and all we hear is "click.... Click.....click.... Click"
As we see two crutches come into view.

Camera pans up and we see Walt JR.
"J-j-j-j Jessie, we need to C-c-c-c-cook."

CREDITS

Then you get the sequel show "Walking Bad"

Sepultura69
09-29-2013, 04:46 PM
ZOMG LAST EPISODE TONIGHT! ALL HAIL HEISENBERG. :bowdown:

Sanitarium78
10-01-2013, 07:52 AM
Now that's how you end a TV series:rocker:

They gave us a proper ending to everything and tied up all the loose ends. Perfect series finale:bowdown:

Sepultura69
10-01-2013, 08:03 AM
Now that's how you end a TV series:rocker:

They gave us a proper ending to everything and tied up all the loose ends. Perfect series finale:bowdown:

The scene with Walt and Sklyer was my favorite part of that episode. Especially the "I did it for me, I was good at it, made me feel alive" part. One thing i love about this show is the timing and placing of songs during ending credits or certain scenes. I knew they would choose a dope song for the ending and I think "Baby blue" by Bad Finger was just PERFECT. Especially with the opening lines "I Guess I got what I deserved"

It's safe to say that this series will go down as one of the greatest TV shows of all time. :hmm:

Sanitarium78
10-01-2013, 08:08 AM
The scene with Walt and Sklyer was my favorite part from that episode. Especially the "I did it for me, I was good at it, made me feel alive" part. Deep shit. :hmm:

It's safe to say that this series will go down as one of the greatest TV shows of all time. :hmm:

Yep, it is one of the greatest, if not the greatest TV show ever. I'll have to re-watch the show again but I don't recall it having any flaws or at least any that bothered me too much.

Future TV show writers need to use Breaking Bad as the template for how to write a proper show from beginning to end. The main story never got pushed to the side in favor of the show going in a different direction. The series creator and the writers remained focused on giving us a complete story with no bullshit. That's what made it so great, they knew what they wanted to do and never strayed from it.

It's gonna be a long time before we see a show this good again on TV and see performances as strong as Bryan Cranston's and Aaron Paul's were.

Dextrimental
10-01-2013, 01:50 PM
It's gonna be a long time before we see a show this good again on TV and see performances as strong as Bryan Cranston's and Aaron Paul's were.

This.

Top class all the way, probably the most satisfying ending I've ever seen to a TV show.

I will have to re-watch and see how it ranks upon second viewing, but it is absolutely one for the ages in how to do a long-form narrative and make it work.

I find it funny Aaron Paul is doing 'Need for Speed' and Bryan Cranston is doing 'Godzilla', really obvious they wanted much lighter roles after such harsh roles as Walt and Jesse. Those films will probably be like holidays to them in terms of stress and getting into character!

hb420
11-19-2013, 01:14 AM
Just saw the alternate ending to the show, fantastic stuff! :lol:
If you haven't and are a fan of the show you must do so now!

300%_Density
12-26-2013, 10:13 PM
I'm drained. Me & the wife started this on Netflix back in October (hitting Project Free TV for the last 8 episodes) & just finished it. I haven't felt actually emotionally involved in the last few episodes of a show since Six Feet Under. Even though I loved Dexter, the finale just really trashed the franchise IMO where this finale lived up to the hype.

And Ozymandias, if a better hour of tv has ever existed in the history of tv then show me. I would much like to see it.

PowerMaiden
03-15-2014, 09:39 PM
I started it on dvd a week ago and now I'm up to midway season 2. really good show

Cheers !
PowerMaiden

PowerMaiden
04-21-2014, 06:37 PM
just finished the last episode ... wow. This was nothing short of awesome for the whole series

Cheers !
PowerMaiden

John The Drummer
12-22-2014, 01:06 PM
I'm reviving this thread. I just got into the series (I keep finding the DVDs on sale, so fuck yeah!) this year and am midway through the second season. Such a great show. All the characters have a meaning, all the intense moments are intense, and it really makes you think. I like how they have something happen in one episode, then 7 episodes later they revisit that and you go "Oh hey, I forgot abuot that!" Can't wait to get further!

Maideneer
12-22-2014, 01:27 PM
Wow I had no idea this thread existed, oops. Me and the wife ordered up Netflix entirely for this purpose...we binge watched every single episode in 6 or 7 days flat, but this was more than a year ago or so. I've never seen a TV show so good.

^Honestly, I didn't see how things could go much further than midway through Season 4...I literally said to myself how in the hell can this keep going?! Every episode felt like it could be the end. Enjoy, I wish I could go back and watch it for the first time.

And I can't get this damn song out of my head.

/1xfJpPNg2SM

And lastly, are we all ready for BETTER CALL SAUL?! 2/8/15!!

marker
12-22-2014, 03:09 PM
Of course we're ready for Saul.