PDA

View Full Version : California Metalfest VI

detuned
09-06-2012, 12:38 PM
http://www.cametalfest.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/09/admat_630.jpg
Details Announced For The California Metalfest 6; Killswitch Engage To Perform Alive or Just Breathing In Its Entirety For The First Time

Killswitch Engage will be headlining the upcoming California Metalfest. It’s a special gig for the Grammy-nominated, Massachusetts metal band, long considered one of the forbearers of the metal resurgence of the ’00s, as they will celebrate the 10th anniversary of their landmark release, 2002′s genre-defining Alive or Just Breathing. To commemorate the album, KSE will play the album in its entirety, from start to finish, as well as other more recent hits.

The much anticipated sixth annual California Metalfest will be held at the NOS Events Center in San Bernardino, CA on Saturday, November 24th. Ash Avildsen, founder of California Metalfest had this to say “Alive or Just Breathing is one of the most important and timeless albums for this era of heavy music. KsE’s special headlining set combined with the rest of the line-up is going to make for an incredible day of metal and memories. Having all these bands in the same place on one day is really exciting both as a fan and as a festival producer.”

WWE Superstar “Mankind” Mick Foley will be hosting the festival along with several other stars TBA who will be doing signings and appearances. There will also be many carnival style prize games where fans can win special, limited edition band merch and memorabilia instead of stuffed animals. California Metalfest VI promises to be much more of an experience than just a day filled with great music.

Special pre-sale ticketing packages will be available exclusively through Sound Check Hollywood right now with general on-sale ticketing being available starting Sept. 13th. This is easily the most exciting and talent rich line-up to come together in years and it’s going to be a night that will go down in history. You definitely don’t want to miss out on this.

The stellar line-up also features Asking Alexandria, As I Lay Dying, Black Veil Brides, Pierce The Veil, The Dillinger Escape Plan, Chiodos w/Craig Owens, For Today, Suicide Silence, Memphis May Fire, Blessthefall, Unearth, Bleeding Through, The Faceless, Born Of Osiris, Winds Of Plague, Shadows Fall, Veil of Maya, Acacia Strain, Attila, Sleeping Giant, Upon A Burning Body among a slew of others. The complete line-up can be located at CAMetalfest.com.
http://www.cametalfest.com/

christopher
09-06-2012, 12:41 PM
Jesus fuck, how could you go from the 2009 lineup to this?? Why is Shadows Fall so low? They're at the same level as Sleeping Giant:hmm:

illuminatus917
09-06-2012, 12:44 PM
Worst metal event of the year.

MPF
09-06-2012, 12:45 PM
7 bands I would see. And only 2 of those I haven't seen yet (Killswitch, DEP).

Even if I lived close, it's not worth it.

christopher
09-06-2012, 12:47 PM
What happened to this fest? This is the 09 flyer. Repulsion and Gravehill also played...

http://www.allmetalfest.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/01/california-metalfest-2009-470x705.gif

street_burial
09-06-2012, 12:50 PM
I'd watch 19 of those bands :eyes:

mastodon421
09-06-2012, 12:54 PM
7 bands I would see. And only 2 of those I haven't seen yet (Killswitch, DEP).

Even if I lived close, it's not worth it.

Alive or Just Breathing front to back is worth it by itself. If they do a full tour around that, I might shit my pants.

brutal_descent
09-06-2012, 12:55 PM

We've already established that you're a faggot, no need to constantly remind us

XDoomsayerX
09-06-2012, 01:01 PM
What happened to this fest? This is the 09 flyer. Repulsion and Gravehill also played...

http://www.allmetalfest.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/01/california-metalfest-2009-470x705.gif

Death Metal doesn't sell:fact of life.

Also I only like 7 bands on this bill and wtf is there gonna be like 4 stages. This has like the same bill as last years. :tp:

illuminatus917
09-06-2012, 01:01 PM
What happened to this fest?

:money: happened. Black Veil Brides and Asking Alexandria will sell more tickets than Exodus and Suffocation.

brutal_descent
09-06-2012, 01:04 PM
>TDEP
>VOM
>KSE
>Unearth
>BOO
>The Faceless (what are you doing on this)
>Obey the Brave

:hmm: Still not worth it

christopher
09-06-2012, 01:09 PM
:money: happened. Black Veil Brides and Asking Alexandria will sell more tickets than Exodus and Suffocation.

But Carcass nearly sold out the show by themselves...

XDoomsayerX
09-06-2012, 01:13 PM
But Carcass nearly sold out the show by themselves...

Minus Carcass and I'm sure the Grove would've been empty. I saw Suffocation headline at the Glasshouse and that place was sooo empty. Hell even Slaughter with Corpse headlining didn't come close to packing the Grove, more peeps were there for BTBAM.

PVH5150
09-06-2012, 01:16 PM
The only person of interest on that bill to me is Mick Foley.

christopher
09-06-2012, 01:22 PM
Minus Carcass and I'm sure the Grove would've been empty. I saw Suffocation headline at the Glasshouse and that place was sooo empty. Hell even Slaughter with Corpse headlining didn't come close to packing the Grove, more peeps were there for BTBAM.

Exactly. Carcass was the biggest draw for everyone and everything else was just an added bonus, but Carcass alone is still better than anything on this years lineup. I did see the Summer Slaughter with Necrophagist and the Grove was packed during Suffocation. Hell there was a giant pit on each level of the Grove! The place got empty when Suffo ended, so barely anyone stuck around for Necro.

XDoomsayerX
09-06-2012, 01:29 PM
Exactly. Carcass was the biggest draw for everyone and everything else was just an added bonus, but Carcass alone is still better than anything on this years lineup. I did see the Summer Slaughter with Necrophagist and the Grove was packed during Suffocation. Hell there was a giant pit on each level of the Grove! The place got empty when Suffo ended, so barely anyone stuck around for Necro.

That sounds siiick! I went to that Slaughter at Soma in SD and holy fuck during Suffocation's set that was the biggest pit I've ever witnessed. Def agree Carcass would easily draw a huge crowd. This is just all the touring machine -core bands coming together for a core orgy.

slapguitarer
09-06-2012, 01:49 PM
This is seriously one of the most repulsive line-ups for a metal event I've seen. Some bands shouldn't even be considered metal.

mankvill
09-06-2012, 02:33 PM
it's kinda funny how absolutely shitty this fest has gotten over the past few years

christopher
09-06-2012, 02:33 PM
That sounds siiick! I went to that Slaughter at Soma in SD and holy fuck during Suffocation's set that was the biggest pit I've ever witnessed. Def agree Carcass would easily draw a huge crowd. This is just all the touring machine -core bands coming together for a core orgy.

It just makes me sick that a festival used to be fucking amazing and was able to draw in a few thousand people for amazing death metal bands. Now its just going along with the core trend and getting a bunch of shitty bands together so they can make more money. I heard this show is like $50 or something. I remember buying my tickets for the 09 show off of Rhett from Gravehill for like $25 or something. To be fair, TDEP, Shadows Fall, old Bleeding Through and old KSE are the only things that are good on this bill in my opinion.

XDoomsayerX
09-06-2012, 02:58 PM
It just makes me sick that a festival used to be fucking amazing and was able to draw in a few thousand people for amazing death metal bands. Now its just going along with the core trend and getting a bunch of shitty bands together so they can make more money. I heard this show is like $50 or something. I remember buying my tickets for the 09 show off of Rhett from Gravehill for like $25 or something. To be fair, TDEP, Shadows Fall, old Bleeding Through and old KSE are the only things that are good on this bill in my opinion.

I agree. When I think of festivals, I think a good variety of bands. KSE, AILD,Unearth,Shadows Fall would be a great tour package. I also dig TDEP, fucking phenomenal live act. Oh well I guess this makes sense. A lot of these bands are from Cali and deathcore has it's roots in SoCal.

dcmetal108
09-06-2012, 03:05 PM
I'd watch 20 or 21 of those bands would fucking kill everyone of you for this fest.

rjturtle9
09-06-2012, 04:20 PM
The only person of interest on that bill to me is Mick Foley.

And The Faceless. That's it.

mastodon421
09-06-2012, 04:26 PM
Alright people I understand there is a lot of garbage on this (The bands that are band on this are for the most part amongst the worst bands in all of metal imo), but there is still some good bands here amongst all the shit. If anything this fest is getting me excited that KSE is probably going to tour playing Alive or Just Breathing start to finish (It also makes me think they are going out with Unearth and Shadows Fall since this is in CA and clearly all those bands are from MA and they wouldn't go clear across the country for one show and most of the other bands playing this are on previously announced tours), which would be nothing short of incredible.

mankvill
09-06-2012, 04:42 PM
Alright people I understand there is a lot of garbage on this (The bands that are band on this are for the most part amongst the worst bands in all of metal imo), but there is still some good bands here amongst all the shit. If anything this fest is getting me excited that KSE is probably going to tour playing Alive or Just Breathing start to finish (It also makes me think they are going out with Unearth and Shadows Fall since this is in CA and clearly all those bands are from MA and they wouldn't go clear across the country for one show and most of the other bands playing this are on previously announced tours), which would be nothing short of incredible.

it's not that there is just an unbelievable amount of really shitty bands on this bill, but everything that is good about it isn't anything special. Like...The Faceless? DEP? They tour all the time. And if you are super psyched about going to see KSE do that one album in its entirety, just remember that you'll have to sit through an Everest-sized mountain of poopy diarrhea to get to it.

kalfitegrdan
09-06-2012, 04:48 PM
:lol:

Califronia Metalfest

a corgi!

http://www.dogbreedinfo.com/images10/PembrokeLucy2.jpg

mastodon421
09-06-2012, 04:48 PM
it's not that there is just an unbelievable amount of really shitty bands on this bill, but everything that is good about it isn't anything special. Like...The Faceless? DEP? They tour all the time. And if you are super psyched about going to see KSE do that one album in its entirety, just remember that you'll have to sit through an Everest-sized mountain of poopy diarrhea to get to it.

You've got a point and it's not like I have to sit through this since I live clear across the country. I like about 10 of those bands and there are another 3 or 4 I could sit through, but the rest range from pretty bad to flat-out fucking abysmal. Like I said, it's not such much the announcement of California Metalfest that has me excited, it's potential tour with Killswitch playing AJOB start to finish with Unearth and Shadows Fall opening. A couple weeks ago on Facebook their bassist Mike D'Antonio was taking fan questions and he said they had a special tour planned for the winter with some old friends, so I'm assuming this is it.

XDoomsayerX
09-06-2012, 05:10 PM
a corgi!

http://www.dogbreedinfo.com/images10/PembrokeLucy2.jpg

Corgi>>>this tour

You've got a point and it's not like I have to sit through this since I live clear across the country. I like about 10 of those bands and there are another 3 or 4 I could sit through, but the rest range from pretty bad to flat-out fucking abysmal. Like I said, it's not such much the announcement of California Metalfest that has me excited, it's potential tour with Killswitch playing AJOB start to finish with Unearth and Shadows Fall opening. A couple weeks ago on Facebook their bassist Mike D'Antonio was taking fan questions and he said they had a special tour planned for the winter with some old friends, so I'm assuming this is it.

Most likely. California Metal Fest is usually just tour packages coming together for one day. Last year and 2010 they were.

Sepultura69
09-06-2012, 09:18 PM
I remember buying my tickets for the 09 show off of Rhett from Gravehill for like $25 or something. .

I got in for Free. My friend who use to work at this record store in anahiem got a couple of promotional wristbands from his Boss. Sorry, had to add my 2 cents ;)

Bergman101
09-06-2012, 10:37 PM
I'd watch a good amount of these bands but the only bands I'd be really stoked to see are Dillinger, KSE, Bleeding Through and Unearth.

GarageMetal468
09-06-2012, 11:27 PM

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m9se3bQvjJ1qmfycto3_500.jpg

treghet
09-07-2012, 02:23 AM
Jesus fuck, how could you go from the 2009 lineup to this??

The 2009 lineup was one the most fun shows I've been to, second only to Scion Rock Fest. It's really sad how this once great festival has turned into such a pile of shit.

We've already established that you're a faggot, no need to constantly remind us

:LOLFC: That actually made me laugh.

treghet
09-07-2012, 02:33 AM

Obviously those bands will sell more tickets, but that's not exactly what happened. The organizers have booked -core festivals from the start. Summer Slam, December Decimation, So Cal Deathfest, and Spring Breakdown were all done by them. The problem is that they've turned California Metalfest into a parody of itself. I see no reason why they couldn't have just started a new festival for that while keeping California Metalfest a predominantly metal festival, like they were doing up until 2011.

GarageMetal468
09-07-2012, 08:04 AM
Obviously those bands will sell more tickets, but that's not exactly what happened. The organizers have booked -core festivals from the start. Summer Slam, December Decimation, So Cal Deathfest, and Spring Breakdown were all done by them. The problem is that they've turned California Metalfest into a parody of itself. I see no reason why they couldn't have just started a new festival for that while keeping California Metalfest a predominantly metal festival, like they were doing up until 2011.

:LOLFC::LOLFC::LOLFC::LOLFC:

illuminatus917
09-07-2012, 09:21 AM

Because why have one festival that makes more money and one festival that makes less money when the two can be combined (if it's even fair to call this a "combined festival")? If one combined makes more than the two it doesn't make sense to have two. They're probably doing this anticipating this year's festival will be more productive than having the two like they have in the past. And they're probably right.

Summer Slam in '10 had ABRB and Oceano. Spring Breakdown in '11 had Chelsea Grin, Oceano and For Today. Southern Cal Deathfest had Cattle Decapitation and a bunch of bands with insignificant draw. Then again, I'm not sure how much these bands draw in Southern Cal, but none of those festivals even compare to this one. This festival is the motherload. The draw will be enormous.

treghet
09-07-2012, 11:07 AM
Because why have one festival that makes more money and one festival that makes less money when the two can be combined (if it's even fair to call this a "combined festival")? If one combined makes more than the two it doesn't make sense to have two. They're probably doing this anticipating this year's festival will be more productive than having the two like they have in the past. And they're probably right.

Summer Slam in '10 had ABRB and Oceano. Spring Breakdown in '11 had Chelsea Grin, Oceano and For Today. Southern Cal Deathfest had Cattle Decapitation and a bunch of bands with insignificant draw. Then again, I'm not sure how much these bands draw in Southern Cal, but none of those festivals even compare to this one. This festival is the motherload. The draw will be enormous.

You missed my point. I'm not opposed to them doing a bunch of small -core festivals each year or one giant one. I was simply pointing out that they didn't just now realize the money was in the metalcore/deathcore bands and not the metal bands. They had been booking these festivals while also booking California Metalfest, which sold very well both years I attended. Obviously focusing on a big -core festival will make them more money, but why did they have to stop booking metal? They've just turned their backs on it. And it's a shame, because with how much they've expanded (judging by all of the big bands on this lineup), they could have put together a really awesome metal festival if they wanted.

OraclesofAgony
09-07-2012, 12:12 PM
Jesus fuck, how could you go from the 2009 lineup to this?? Why is Shadows Fall so low? They're at the same level as Sleeping Giant:hmm:

Seriously. This festival is a complete joke now.

Black Veil Brides and Pierce The Veil at a Metal Festival? Are you kidding me?

detuned
10-04-2012, 11:26 AM
https://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn1/133264_10151175317617731_178870566_o.jpg

dcmetal108
10-04-2012, 11:35 AM
Mick Foley is a asshole in person but Diamond Dallas Page is extremely nice and very cool to talk to and I'd love to meet Jimmy Hart.

Sepultura69
10-04-2012, 11:38 AM
I'm really happy that all these shitty bands are performing together for this festival because it prevents them from infecting the good tours that are coming here. :bowdown:

rjturtle9
10-04-2012, 12:10 PM
Mick Foley and DDP?! Fuck why must they be at this piece of crap festival! I want to see DDP in person! :bouville:

XDoomsayerX
10-04-2012, 12:39 PM
I'm really happy that all these shitty bands are performing together for this festival because it prevents them from infecting the good tours that are coming here. :bowdown:

Not all these bands are shitty, however the ratio of shitty to good bands is leaned more towards shitty

Also Darkest Hour! :drool::rocker::bowdown:

If this were $30 range I'd be down or in Pomona again that works too.

stylesclash516
10-04-2012, 01:16 PM
Mic Foley is a asshole in person.

I had the exact opposite experience when I met him. Anyways, I would go for The Dillinger Escape Plan and to see Killswitch Engage play AOJB, everything else wouldn't interest me.

mankvill
10-04-2012, 03:38 PM
oh my god, what a horrendous festival.

oh my god and it's all one day, holy shit

Dextrimental
10-04-2012, 03:43 PM
I'd attend the hell out of this, lot's of shitty bands, but some really good ones too. Plus KsE playing all of AOJB? Heck yes!

300%_Density
10-04-2012, 03:59 PM
It's me....
It's me....
It's DDP