PDA

View Full Version : Six Feet Under/Cattle Decapitation Tour

Nickweiser
09-04-2012, 10:53 AM
http://eventful.com/joliet/events/six-feet-under--cattle-decapitation-impale-/E0-001-050598666-6

I know there was a one off of the FREE Cali show, but seeing now more than one date looks like it deserves a tour thread.

Impale is on this as well.

Nickweiser
09-04-2012, 11:02 AM
nevermind. old thread found. feel free to delete Moderator

brutal_descent
09-04-2012, 11:33 AM
Impaled or Impale?

mankvill
09-04-2012, 01:58 PM
Impaled or Impale?

If Impaled, this tour is a must-see.

metallicbrian666
09-04-2012, 02:03 PM
It's not Impaled, it's some local band called Impale. Mojoes always gets local bands and forces them each to sell 30 tickets and cover what they don't sell (this way they can offer bands a lot more than other venues).

mankvill
09-04-2012, 02:18 PM
It's not Impaled, it's some local band called Impale. Mojoes always gets local bands and forces them each to sell 30 tickets and cover what they don't sell (this way they can offer bands a lot more than other venues).

Ah, it's always kinda lame when venues do that.

John The Drummer
09-04-2012, 04:51 PM

I wish Seattle was that way :eek:
We are always told to sell 50-70.

ImmortalEmperor
09-04-2012, 09:38 PM
I wish Seattle was that way :eek:
We are always told to sell 50-70.

That being said, do you have any Moonsorrow tix left? I can use two. :D

Nickweiser
09-11-2012, 11:44 AM
Wretched are the support act below CD. Flyer for the show at Mojoe's/Joliet, IL has their name on it

treghet
09-11-2012, 11:48 AM
The whole tour will be announced at 1pm (PST).

brutal_descent
09-11-2012, 01:03 PM
10/30 Tampa, FL Crowbar (Six Feet Under ONLY) w/ Abiotic
11/01 Charlotte, NC Tremont Music Hall (Six Feet Under ONLY)
11/02 Richmond, VA Kingdom
11/03 Frederick, MD Cafe 611
11/04 Clifton, NJ Dingbatz
11/06 New York, NY The Studio at Webster Hall
11/07 Buffalo, NY Club Infinity
11/08 Reading, PA Reverb
11/09 Amityville, NY Revolution
11/10 Dayton, OH McGuffy's
11/12 St Paul, MN Station-4
11/13 Joliet, IL Mojoe's
11/14 Lansing, MI Mac's Bar
11/15 Peoria, IL The Brass Rail
11/16 Valparaiso, IN Roadies Music Venue
11/17 Louisville, KY Phoenix Hill Tavern
11/18 Atlanta, GA Masquerade

detuned
09-11-2012, 01:09 PM
dunno why these were omitted

11/16 - Valparaiso, IN - Roadies Music Venue (on the admat)
11/17 - Louisville, KY - Phoenix Hill Tavern (on ticketmaster)

John The Drummer
09-11-2012, 01:41 PM
That being said, do you have any Moonsorrow tix left? I can use two. :D

Duuuuuuuuude I read this post and had to close my internet then I tried to find it again and forgot what thread it was in :lol:

Did I ever get you tickets? I was selling like a madman so I lost track :D

AND F-U SFU, and East Coast... getting all the tours 'n' shit :bouville:

detuned
09-11-2012, 03:07 PM
11/05 Boston, MA Middle East

AnataFan4Life
09-11-2012, 06:11 PM
No Cattle Decapitation? Not interested.

MPF
09-12-2012, 09:00 PM
Wretched is also on the bill.

PVH5150
09-12-2012, 10:14 PM
11/05 Boston, MA Middle East

Cambridge.

detuned
09-13-2012, 05:00 AM
no shit

detuned
09-29-2012, 03:33 PM
NJ show not happening, hartford now instead

http://www.massconcerts.com/event/171407/

energymetal14
10-03-2012, 03:58 PM
http://www.facebook.com/events/440051159367003

Apparently Vital Remains has been added to the Middle East show

treghet
11-06-2012, 09:17 AM
Cattle Decapitation is dropping off the tour. From Travis Ryan on FB:

"Chris Barnes is a fucking hack. I've personally passed on at least 5 six feet tours over the last 8 or so years because he pulls so much nonsense on the support bands because his ego is astronomical. We're leaving the Chris Barnes Show tour today. Go to the Chris Barnes show and buy some of their merch. They need it desperately."

"He couldn't handle the fact that we were destroying him nightly on merch and talked shit about us on stage last night. I went to confront him about that and he sucker punched me as I was talking. He immediately RAN out the door and fled to his bus like he does every night when the two fans that are left for their show are trying to get him to sign something."

"We're leaving because we have no interest in bringing more people to the chris barnes show. There was no "fight". He punched me, RAN away and a few people saw it. I just walked out told his tour manager the deal, wrapped up the merch and left."

"Just don't go to the show and please get the word out. Cattle Decapitation is not doing this tour as we no longer wish to bring peole to his show. Cuz its HIS show. More than enough people have drilled that fact into us."

"he says "what about showing some respect" I laughed, said "respect?" And proceeded to tell him about the time where he spent all night with me outside their bus @ the tail end of the butchered at birth tour in 93 and that respect was paid long ago and he's since proved to the metal world how much of a bitch he is... I got "dude, in 1993..." In there and he punched me as I was talking. Ran out the door and seriously thinks he's a bad ass still? Hahaha..."

AnataFan4Life
11-06-2012, 09:24 AM
Didn't Chris bail on his fans at Summer Slaughter last year when he said he would meet them after their set?

DethMaiden
11-06-2012, 09:26 AM
Awesome when, in addition to making horrible music, someone is also a complete fucking toolbag. Glad I don't even have to flirt with going to this bullshit tour now. Fuck you, Chris Barnes.

kalfitegrdan
11-06-2012, 09:29 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pBq7FkxPiDo

mastodon421
11-06-2012, 09:32 AM
Lol @ this whole story. Good for Cattle Decapitation for dropping of the tour, Chris Barnes is such a fucking clown.

brutal_descent
11-06-2012, 09:47 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nBelT-Xi1CY

elturtleboy
11-06-2012, 09:55 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pBq7FkxPiDo

You beat me to it! But holy shit Seth was right. What a bitch
Cattle was a million times better live when I saw em both(and I don't hate SFU) and yeah sfu's merch is boring. What a douche. I did talk to Travis and he was a nice guy. Glad they dropped the tour.

BloodoftheKings
11-06-2012, 10:52 AM
Well there goes any chance of me going on Friday.

treghet
11-07-2012, 10:11 AM
Cattle Decapitation FB:

"Last minute Cattle Decapitation show in Lowell, MA tomorrow night, Thursday 11/8."

brutal_descent
11-07-2012, 10:21 AM
They've also been added to the Vektor show in Pittsburgh.

mankvill
11-07-2012, 10:55 AM
They've also been added to the Vektor show in Pittsburgh.

Thanks Jon!

treghet
11-07-2012, 12:44 PM
Chris Barnes has shared his side of the story, starting at 4:50.

http://soundcloud.com/hornsuprocks/six-feet-unders-chris-barnes?utm_campaign=timeline&utm_content=http%3A%2F%2Fsoundcloud.com%2Fhornsupr ocks%2Fsix-feet-unders-chris-barnes&utm_medium=facebook&utm_source=soundcloud

And Travis has elaborated on what happened.

Over the last 8 or so years, we've been asked many times to do a Six Feet Under tour. Because of all the horror stories we heard about Chris Barnes from friends who toured with him, we just were never interested in taking part of that. Recently when we agreed to do the tour, it was only on the basis that we didnt have any merch restrictions. No price matching, no limits on designs. Because of the Shockwave tour we were forced to miss, we were fully stocked and had a ton of stuff and now have a huge bill for it. After the first night of the tour, Chris freaked out because of all the merch we had. They tried limiting our designs, but we had in many emails to and from booking agents and documents, that there were to be no merch restrictions. Period. After a bunch of back and forth with their tour manager, the label and between ourselves, we finally agreed to do 4 designs in hopes to just eliminate any drama. We have minded our own business with limited drama ever since. Well, according to our merch guy we did better than them again and this is where it gets lame...

Since Chris mostly hides in his tour bus, they set up a meet and greet at their merch booth, we figure to help generate merch sales. Chris came in and did it right as we hit the stage. Fine, do what you need to do dude. Twice while they were on stage Chris made some typical veggie wisecracks, one was a commentary on the crowd walkout, and one was just dumb and it was apparent to all of us standing there that they were jabs against us, the band following his ass, supporting his band nightly. Ridiculous. So, i confronted him after he left the stage about it. Just words (I will admit i was speaking loudly and with an amount of anger and cursing), just asking if that was really necessary to do to his support band but according to some "industry" peeps that know him well, nobody stands up to barnes. He basically just says "well then how about just having some respect then?", I assume because he's Chris Barnes from Cannibal Corpse or something, that he felt he deserved a mountain of respect and that i should just lay down and take it. I proceed to explain that he lost my respect years ago simply from the kinds of things he did to our friends' bands just trying to tour and SUPPORT his band and the way he treats his fans first and foremost. THESE actions over the years have forced me to see him as unrespectable, even with those first 3 bad ass CC albums under his belt. He got up off the sofa, approaches me, hit the side edge of my jaw right in the middle of my words and i spilled my beer all over their drum tech (sorry Dave). He immediately quickly left the scene and out to his bus. In fact, he was in motion on his way out as he hit me. The only people in the room as far as i could tell was his band members and/or road crew.

I get it. Hes got a big bus to pay for, roadies (one even told one of us he was Chris' bodyguard?), the rest of the band, the whole nine yards. Sorry someone didnt have the foresight to properly order merch, but thats got nothing to do with us. We NEVER wanted to do a tour with Chris Barnes/SFU. We just wanted to get back out and play for our fans who missed us on the previously cancelled tour and this was the only thing around. People kept telling us "Chris really wants you guys" and thats cool and all, we just didnt see it being a tour that we needed to be on, but like i said... It was something to do and we felt we needed to get in front of our fans asap. Since the final stipulation was we were told there were no merch restrictions, we OK'd it. How Chris Barnes didnt get that memo has nothing to do with us. We budged against our personal wishes and we still sold more merch and there were some walkouts. We dont control the fans of any band and what they decide to do with their money and time.

I made it clear to their camp that i have to watch out for our band and they totally understood that we were right, since after all it was all in writing. Im not totally innocent, i went in there and called him out to his face, but from across the room (not literally in his face). I was pissed and just didnt give a shit anymore. I woke up pissed that we now have to figure something else out and i ranted about it on my personal facebook (which was screen shot and then posted on every metal site there is) and now im hearing that Barnes deleted his bragging tweet from last night and is now saying he didnt even hit me? Haha... Its a weird world we live in for sure.

Point blank, i believe the fact that Chris would never have agreed to no merch restrictions and thats fine. We never would have done the tour if there were and here we are. In the exact same scenario we saw coming over many, many years but since we took people on their word (and had it in writing), we took the tour.

Let it be known that i did not call the cops, file a police report or press charges even though management and literally everyone else around me was telling me i should. But that would just be lame.

At the end of the day, i was only looking out for US = my friends - our band. Even if it meant standing up to a dude i once had a lot of respect for and are on the same label as. Im a filter for 4 dudes as this band is a democracy and we all know what went down and watched this unfold. We are all on the same page.

I believe Travis of course, but this whole incident is just retarded. :hecho:

mastodon421
11-07-2012, 01:34 PM
Cattle Decapitation FB:

"Last minute Cattle Decapitation show in Lowell, MA tomorrow night, Thursday 11/8."

Lowell is about 45 minutes away from me and there is no venues that I know of there so they must be playing at a bar or something. That show will probably be one for the ages in terms of intimacy and intensity.

treghet
11-07-2012, 01:40 PM
Lowell is about 45 minutes away from me and there is no venues that I know of there so they must be playing at a bar or something. That show will probably be one for the ages in terms of intimacy and intensity.

Yeah, it's at this place.

http://atticattheworthen.homestead.com/

mastodon421
11-07-2012, 02:12 PM

Holy shit, that place is even smaller than I expected.

moobys37
11-07-2012, 03:06 PM
Thanks Jon!

:cool:

http://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/544696_302226239887730_1854537715_n.jpg

elturtleboy
11-07-2012, 03:14 PM
Arnt some house shows now? Id jizz for Cattle D in a living room.

christopher
11-07-2012, 05:45 PM
Arnt some house shows now? Id jizz for Cattle D in a living room.

I saw Cattle Decap at the Slidebar and that's probably as close to a living as I'll get haha. It's 2/3 the size of the Blvd.

energymetal14
11-08-2012, 12:06 AM

I live RIGHT next to Lowell, and I can't make this show! :bouville: If Cattle Decapitation doesn't play till like 10 or so I might be able to make it, but I don't know. Oh and Hivesmasher and Parasitic Extirpation are on this show for anyone who cares.

Steev
11-08-2012, 05:22 AM
Funny thing, the Reading venue has Cattle Decap headlining the day after SFU(and on top of that you get a free ticket to Cattle Decap if you buy a SFU ticket)

greenReaper
11-09-2012, 06:06 PM
Yea I messaged Cattle Decapitation on Facebook and here was their response:
Me: Any chance on joinin the Atlanta show?
Cattle Decapitation: we tried dude. Already had something booked apparently and I didn't even know... all the dates just got put up. Sorry man, we really want to come back to ATL!
So sadly no Atlanta date even though they play with Fetus the day before and the day after. Sucks