PDA

View Full Version : ICS Vortex

IrritatedTrout
09-04-2012, 07:59 AM
Did anyone listen to his solo album last year? How was it? Also, can anyone recommend me some of his songs with his other projects (Borknagar, Dimmu) where he does clean singing? I sampled some Borknagar but a lot of it had harsh vocals which I'm not so into, I love his cleans though. I already know about Sideshow Symphonies by Arcturus, I wanna get that one soon.

John The Drummer
09-04-2012, 12:58 PM
Borknagar:
Frostrite
My Domain
Ad Noctum
Colossus

MPF
09-04-2012, 08:27 PM
Storm Seeker was fucking awesome. It's as if Devin Townsend was in Black Metal bands all his life and made a solo album of his own design. It's quite proggy and lots of black metal, and no black Metal screams. So all and all it's perfect.

adamclark52
09-05-2012, 11:33 AM
Borknagar:
Colossus

+1

llama lom
09-06-2012, 06:18 AM
I would recommend Lamented Souls, for sure. Not really black metal like the rest of his projects but it's good.

John The Drummer
09-06-2012, 04:58 PM
Borknagar:
Frostrite
My Domain
Ad Noctum
Colossus

As for Dimmu, I haven't listened to them a whole lot lately, so I am lacking in the song titles catagory, but there are some really amazing moments on the "Death Cult Armageddon" with his clean singing, I would definitely give that one a listen.

Nick_to_the_face
09-07-2012, 07:00 AM
As for Dimmu, I haven't listened to them a whole lot lately, so I am lacking in the song titles catagory, but there are some really amazing moments on the "Death Cult Armageddon" with his clean singing, I would definitely give that one a listen.

Progenies of The Great Apocalypse has some good clean vocals. That's one of the only songs by Dummu I listen to anymore