Eula
Cocainium
Line Between
The Sweetest Curse
Jake Leg
---
Isak
Grad

Just checking out their current set for the new album before the bus crash. Looks like the first few shows were either this, or the same but swapping out Yellow for Ogeechee, Foolsong for Steel That Sleeps The Eye, The Line Between for Sea Lungs. I am disappoint they're still neglecting the Red Album and the EPs.

Natrlhi
08-21-2012, 01:49 PM
Yellow Theme
A Horse Called Golgotha
March to the Sea
Foolsong
Swollen and Halo
The Gnashing
Take My Bones Away
Ogeechee Hymnal
Eula
Cocainium
Line Between
The Sweetest Curse
Jake Leg
---
Isak
Grad

Just checking out their current set for the new album before the bus crash. Looks like the first few shows were either this, or the same but swapping out Yellow for Ogeechee, Foolsong for Steel That Sleeps The Eye, The Line Between for Sea Lungs. I am disappoint they're still neglecting the Red Album and the EPs.Does not compute.

jd091
08-21-2012, 01:51 PM
Does not compute.

I mean, 2 songs isn't a lot. I can see the disappointment. I'm also a little sad they're moving away from First and Second (or have been for a while now), though I'm not surprised at all.

swboyd
08-21-2012, 02:36 PM
I mean, 2 songs isn't a lot. I can see the disappointment. I'm also a little sad they're moving away from First and Second (or have been for a while now), though I'm not surprised at all.

Agreed. I like this setlist but, it would have been nice to take out one of the Blue Record songs for Tower Falls or Red Sky.

Natrlhi
08-21-2012, 03:10 PM
For the record, I knew what The Tony meant. I'm just saying that they didn't totally dismiss Red.

If it were up to me, there would be an international law that says that Baroness must play "Isak", "Grad" and either "Rays on Pinion" or "The Birthing" at every show.

illuminatus917
08-21-2012, 03:21 PM
If it were up to me, there would be an international law that says that Baroness must play "Isak", "Grad" and either "Rays on Pinion" or "The Birthing" at every show.

And Bullhead's Psalm and Ogeechee Hymnal and Bullhead's Lament should have to be in there somewhere too, in that order. :D

TonyD
08-21-2012, 03:59 PM
For the record, I knew what The Tony meant. I'm just saying that they didn't totally dismiss Red.

I guess you can say that, but they just stuffed in two songs as the encore. The fact that the whole main set is Blue and Yellow/Green doesn't really surprise me since only two of the four members were around before that, but Red was their breakout album and it would be hard to argue that it isn't their most significant album.

Now I think I'm gonna be kicking myself for missing them in 2009 forever, since that's still the only chance I had to see them headlining in the last 4 years and maybe the last chance to hear a bunch of those songs.

fletchzer
08-21-2012, 04:37 PM
I hope Baroness' members heal up well and manage to get back on the road soon, they're a fantastic live band.

They were meant to be down in Australia early 2013 for Soundwave, but their announcement on the festival got pulled as it was being announced the day after the crash.

Luckily they played 6 shows in Sydney in 2010, of which I saw 5. :D

That being said, at their headline show they only played Grad, Isak & The Birthing off the Red Album.

... but they did play Tower Falls and Red Sky too. :allan:

It was also an off-date from their Metallica support shows, and Kirk and Lars were both sitting at the bar watching the whole set - pretty unreal!!!

bobbie solo
08-21-2012, 10:44 PM
they're out of a free show here next week in Brooklyn with Doomriders & Turbo Negro, which sucks. I feel terrible for these guys. they seem like really good dudes, and they kick ass too. They were solid when i saw them with Meshuggah.