View Full Version : The Official 'What Are You Doing' Thread Part VI

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21

es156
08-19-2012, 09:15 PM
Suffering from PMD.

(Post Maiden Depression)

JRA
08-19-2012, 09:20 PM
Suffering from not seeing that goddamn tour.

mankvill
08-19-2012, 09:31 PM
NO PANTIES IN A BUNCH IN THIS THREAD

ALSO IF YOU SIGNED UP FOR FANTASY, CHECK YOUR EMAILS D:<

Crionics
08-19-2012, 09:37 PM
Found out that I accidentally kicked some girl in the head while crowdsurfing, I feel bad about it...I really need to stop feeling bad over every little incident.

slapguitarer
08-19-2012, 09:57 PM
Back in my dorm. Roomate #1 is cool, have yet to meet #2.

BloodoftheKings
08-19-2012, 10:01 PM
http://img2.ranker.com/user_node_img/50012/1000222539/C300/origin-photo-u1.jpg

Had kind of a shitty weekend.

christopher
08-19-2012, 10:16 PM
Watching DBZ while sipping on some whiskey and a Slurpee haha I'm almost done with the Frieza saga.

brutal_descent
08-20-2012, 01:50 AM
Arrived in Moscow a few hours ago. The Delta Airlines representative in SF let me take onboard a third carry-on item because I had a Converge t-shirt on :D

A dude in a Slayer t-shirt also flashed the horns to me while I was waiting for boarding.

RAZOR
08-20-2012, 04:01 AM
Starting a new job today, kinda nervous. :snivel:

treghet
08-20-2012, 04:12 AM

Good luck!

ravenheart
08-20-2012, 04:21 AM

Doing what?

John The Drummer
08-20-2012, 01:15 PM
Getting stoked for my shows in Eastern Washington this weekend! It's been 3 years since we've played there, gonna be a good time :rocker:

energymetal14
08-20-2012, 01:34 PM
21st birthday today! Went skydiving and it was crazy! SOOO much fun!:party::D Btw same birthday as Dimebag (R.I.P.)

RAZOR
08-20-2012, 03:34 PM
Good luck!

Thanks! :D Everything went well.

Doing what?

Entering tax information. It's real simple. :lol:

dcmetal108
08-20-2012, 03:45 PM
http://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn1/559276_10151077550488463_384585361_n.jpg

IrritatedTrout
08-20-2012, 04:21 PM
Had grad school orientation today.

ravenheart
08-20-2012, 05:03 PM
Entering tax information.

I see an opportunity here ;)

XDoomsayerX
08-20-2012, 06:03 PM
http://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn1/559276_10151077550488463_384585361_n.jpg

:confused: Da fuck? Wiggle of Death?

masterguy49
08-20-2012, 08:55 PM
Pretty shitty first day of school. Being in college I was hoping to stay clear of stereotypical high school drama, but people keep trying to pull me in and while I don't let it get to me, fuck does it get annoying. Not to mention I've been feeling pretty distant from people, even my friends. All I seem to want to do is listen to music and read in a class. Talking feels like a drag and I was most content alone in a classroom taking notes :eyes:

XDoomsayerX
08-20-2012, 09:30 PM
Pretty shitty first day of school. Being in college I was hoping to stay clear of stereotypical high school drama, but people keep trying to pull me in and while I don't let it get to me, fuck does it get annoying. Not to mention I've been feeling pretty distant from people, even my friends. All I seem to want to do is listen to music and read in a class. Talking feels like a drag and I was most content alone in a classroom taking notes :eyes:

Haven't had much of a problem with this but yeah shits pathetic. Also I thought peeps would be more open minded in college but was kinda wrong there. Still man only one day in, stay optimistic.

Totally aced my Inorganic Chem exam! Hell yeah! :party:

RampinUp46
08-21-2012, 03:46 AM
Applied for a job at Taco Bell. Not much, but when you live where I do...it's something. :eyes: And I finally got around fixing the Omen 6 I bitched about in the last "What Are You Doing" thread.

Wiggle of Death?

...Sounds sexy.

ravenheart
08-21-2012, 04:54 AM
You people go back to school in August?

mastodon421
08-21-2012, 05:50 AM
You people go back to school in August?

Some do. I don't start until September 5th.

dcmetal108
08-21-2012, 06:46 AM
First day of College today.

Natrlhi
08-21-2012, 08:10 AM
...only one day in, stay optimistic.This. Feel free to transfer the advice to life in general, because this isn't the last time it will apply.

You people go back to school in August?Depends on the school. I used to go back in mid-September.

Suffering from PMD.

(Post Maiden Depression)Conversely, I have PGG.

(Post Gojira Glow)

:rocker:

ravenheart
08-21-2012, 11:19 AM
Some do. I don't start until September 5th.

That's roughly when regular schools here go back (i.e. up to 18).

Universities don't go back until October, except first years, who start a couple of weeks earlier.

illuminatus917
08-21-2012, 11:43 AM
My schedule this semester should be surprisingly fun. Lots of poly sci courses.

For me classes start tomorrow.

mankvill
08-21-2012, 11:54 AM
Might get a job at Farmer's Insurance. It's something, right?

powerslave_85
08-21-2012, 12:06 PM
That's roughly when regular schools here go back (i.e. up to 18).

Universities don't go back until October, except first years, who start a couple of weeks earlier.A lot of schools (up through high school) here in the US are doing "modified year-round" schedules now: basically, you get a much shorter summer break, but more time off (a week or two) in the spring and fall and at Christmas.

BloodoftheKings
08-21-2012, 01:48 PM
I start school in 6 days. It really didn't hit me how close it was til yesterday.

slapguitarer
08-21-2012, 02:04 PM
Classes start tomorrow for me.

DementedX14
08-21-2012, 03:17 PM

I feeling the same for tomorrow. I wish I can go back to school. Grad school maybe in my future.

christopher
08-21-2012, 03:31 PM
Lifting weights and waiting for the next 3 hours to go by so I can head out to the Observatory to see Hank 3! I'm going to bring my Brujeria guitar so he can see it. :D

dcmetal108
08-21-2012, 03:49 PM
First day of college done.

brutal_descent
08-21-2012, 10:22 PM
School starts next week for me. Can't wait :D

kalfitegrdan
08-21-2012, 10:34 PM
Just renewed the lease on my apartment for another six months. Not sure how I feel about this yet. :eyes: The lists of pros and cons are about even.

MPF
08-21-2012, 11:44 PM
http://i.imgur.com/TNp6g.jpg

christopher
08-22-2012, 02:26 AM
I just got home from Hank III. He performed three hours and thirty five minutes without stopping! I'll write up a review in the morning cause I'm tired as fuck!

brutal_descent
08-22-2012, 04:55 AM
Xibalba had another bus accident :lol: Are bus accidents the recurring theme for metal bands this year?

dcmetal108
08-22-2012, 06:53 AM
GETTING AWAY WITH MURDER!

Preparing for Uproar. Pumped as fuck!

masterguy49
08-22-2012, 06:27 PM
Haven't had much of a problem with this but yeah shits pathetic. Also I thought peeps would be more open minded in college but was kinda wrong there. Still man only one day in, stay optimistic.

Totally aced my Inorganic Chem exam! Hell yeah! :party:

Yeah I mean, then again at the same time I'm still in high school, but come on I thought the college setting would get that high school mentality out of their heads. Whatever :tongue: Next 2 days were better, I guess. I tend to have that generally optimistic out look, but I can get out of it.

I've still been reading a lot recently. Over summer I read Game of Thrones, Clash of Kings, and Storm of Swords. I would continue the series and read Feast for Crows, but I need a break from all the pain those books put me through :lol: Reading House of Leaves now, which I've heard a lot about, feels weird reading a book under 800 pages :lol:

llama lom
08-22-2012, 06:38 PM
I hate that my school starts so late for no reason. Classes don't start until September 27. :bouville:

christopher
08-22-2012, 08:08 PM
I hate that my school starts so late for no reason. Classes don't start until September 27. :bouville:

At least you don't have to walk around school until the heat wave is over. I hated started classes in August and having to sit in a class room with no AC :hmm:

XDoomsayerX
08-22-2012, 08:20 PM
At least you don't have to walk around school until the heat wave is over. I hated started classes in August and having to sit in a class room with no AC :hmm:

Haha summer school weather has been raping me. Especially those humid days! :hecho:

Actually I feel like this year we never really got Spring weather down here in SoCal. On the bright side, days have been cooling down during the evening lately. Like right now its cool and breezy. :D

christopher
08-22-2012, 08:42 PM
Haha summer school weather has been raping me. Especially those humid days! :hecho:

Actually I feel like this year we never really got Spring weather down here in SoCal. On the bright side, days have been cooling down during the evening lately. Like right now its cool and breezy. :D

Dude, I'm so happy the heat wave is over! Its not going back to the 100s at all this year! It's suppose to stay in the 80s for the most part.

dcmetal108
08-22-2012, 09:20 PM
Just got back from Uproar. Left before Shinedown and it sucked that today was the date Papa Roach cancelled the tour but other than that it was fun. Godsmack killed it.

llama lom
08-22-2012, 10:03 PM

Nope but I have band camp so I'm outside in it all day.

christopher
08-23-2012, 12:44 PM
I'm going to lift weights for a bit, then pick up my girlfriend and head to Disneyland :D

MPF
08-23-2012, 08:24 PM
Just confirmed interviews with Kataklysm and Origin for Saturday night (Possibly Fleshgod Apocalypse and Vital Remains as well, will find out tomorrow)

but I confirmed everything tonight while meeting my dad to eat at Wendy's and the following conversation happened:

*Checking my phone for emails*

Me: Sweet, I just got another interview confirmed for Saturday night.
Dad: Who's the band?
Me: The band is called Origin.
Dad: Orgy? What kind of music do you listen to?

mankvill
08-24-2012, 12:19 AM
Just confirmed interviews with Kataklysm and Origin for Saturday night (Possibly Fleshgod Apocalypse and Vital Remains as well, will find out tomorrow)

but I confirmed everything tonight while meeting my dad to eat at Wendy's and the following conversation happened:

*Checking my phone for emails*

Me: Sweet, I just got another interview confirmed for Saturday night.
Dad: Who's the band?
Me: The band is called Origin.
Dad: Orgy? What kind of music do you listen to?

Be sure to ask Jason what his favorite Bigfoot-themed death metal band is.

Onioner
08-24-2012, 12:23 AM
Well the last two days have been interesting. First I barely got confirmed for Slaughter by the Water because I ended up doing the press request insanely late. Yesterday night I got a call from a kid from one of the local bands asking for an interview. This afternoon I got a call from the dude from Fog of War for the same reason. And now an hour ago I received an email from Raul from Impaled for an interview too. As this rate I think Dave Lombardo's gonna send me a text message or something haha.

treghet
08-24-2012, 12:27 AM
Well the last two days have been interesting. First I barely got confirmed for Slaughter by the Water because I ended up doing the press request insanely late. Yesterday night I got a call from a kid from one of the local bands asking for an interview. This afternoon I got a call from the dude from Fog of War for the same reason. And now an hour ago I received an email from Raul from Impaled for an interview too. As this rate I think Dave Lombardo's gonna send me a text message or something haha.

Did that band happen to be Zombie Holocaust?

Have fun though! Hopefully the bands get longer sets than last year. The lineup is pretty damn awesome.

MPF
08-24-2012, 12:35 AM
Be sure to ask Jason what his favorite Bigfoot-themed death metal band is.

If I get to interview him I will. Also, when the fuck are you going to convince them to hit Minnesota. Station 4 need Troglodyte DAMN IT!

Onioner
08-24-2012, 12:46 AM
Did that band happen to be Zombie Holocaust?

Have fun though! Hopefully the bands get longer sets than last year. The lineup is pretty damn awesome.

Ha! It was Hemotoxin, a death metal band, that called me first. Nick from Zombie Holocaust completely saved my ass by helping me out with the press request though. Without him the interviews definitely wouldn't be happening, and I might not have ended up even going- I owe him big time. This year ZH is on an appropriate place on the bill, and really those guys are all pretty cool dudes. Yeah hiring girls to run around on the floor is lame, and I'm still not entirely sure if they want to be a party-thrash band or something else entirely, but there are a ton bands out there that are a whole lot worse- especially here in the bay.

The set-times are a hell of a lot better than last year's from the looks of things, the headliners all get an hour. The only issue I see is that they only have ten minute changeovers on the set-times. There's no way a set or two won't be truncated.

Also I'm finally listening to the first Crimson Glory LP that I found at Amoeba in SF two days ago. Dear god this band is so fucking cool!

treghet
08-24-2012, 12:52 AM
Well that's pretty cool. I thought they would be dicks, from the stories I've read here. Hopefully Autopsy doesn't get cut. Since reforming they haven't even been able to play a full set in the bay, which is kind of sad.

Onioner
08-24-2012, 01:21 AM
Well that's pretty cool. I thought they would be dicks, from the stories I've read here. Hopefully Autopsy doesn't get cut. Since reforming they haven't even been able to play a full set in the bay, which is kind of sad.

Well, they had that headlining benefit gig a month or so ago in Oakland, I think brutal attended that one. Frankly I'm just happy to finally see them, I missed them three times in the last two years (twice up here, once in LA) because of random reasons.

treghet
08-24-2012, 01:28 AM
Well, they had that headlining benefit gig a month or so ago in Oakland, I think brutal attended that one. Frankly I'm just happy to finally see them, I missed them three times in the last two years (twice up here, once in LA) because of random reasons.

They won't disappoint you. At that benefit show they only played like 12 songs though, which I assume is around how many they will play at Slaughter by the Water. Not a short set by any means, but at the LA show they did 17 songs.

Edit: I checked the setlist, they did 13 at the benefit show.

Onioner
08-24-2012, 01:35 AM
They won't disappoint you. At that benefit show they only played like 12 songs though, which I assume is around how many they will play at Slaughter by the Water. Not a short set by any means, but at the LA show they did 17 songs.

Edit: I checked the setlist, they did 13 at the benefit show.

Happy to hear that I'm in for a good time! Also it looks like I'll literally be interviewing Impaled, as in all four of them at once. Transcribing it is gonna suck. :(

treghet
08-24-2012, 01:40 AM
Happy to hear that I'm in for a good time! Also it looks like I'll literally be interviewing Impaled, as in all four of them at once. Transcribing it is gonna suck. :(

Well I'll be sure to read it. :cool: Ask them if they plan on coming to LA! Ghoul comes pretty often, but Impaled is a different story. :(

Onioner
08-24-2012, 02:00 AM
Well I'll be sure to read it. :cool: Ask them if they plan on coming to LA! Ghoul comes pretty often, but Impaled is a different story. :(

Thanks dude! And don't worry, I definitely plan on asking them about their touring plans and the fact that they're supposed to have been rerecording the first album for the past 3 years.

treghet
08-24-2012, 02:19 AM
Thanks dude! And don't worry, I definitely plan on asking them about their touring plans and the fact that they're supposed to have been rerecording the first album for the past 3 years.

I completely forgot they were even doing that. :lol:

Crionics
08-24-2012, 02:55 PM
Leaving for UVA tomorrow. I'm going to miss being a part of the Richmond Metal/Punk scene day-to-day life in addition to some close friends, but I'm very excited to have a change in scenery, gain some freedom, and start a new chapter of my life.

IrritatedTrout
08-24-2012, 05:17 PM
I wish I was moving to Charlottesville tomorrow. haha

dcmetal108
08-24-2012, 07:03 PM
Just had a long 9 hour day outside in heat for work. So just ate dinner and now Walk is playing.

RE-SPECT WALK!

MPF
08-24-2012, 07:29 PM
Just went to see Russians Circles tonight to find out they wanted no press, media, or photos at the show tonight. and I couldn't afford to get in.

I gues it's ok. I'm home now about to work on my proper Knotfest review for Rock Thiz Magazine, and getting ready for interviews with Kataklysm, Origin and Fleshgod Apocalypse tomorrow night.

Onioner
08-24-2012, 08:41 PM
At Summer Slaughter right now. I'm not really a fan of like 90% of the bands playing, but Metal Assault was requested to cover it by Cannibal Corpse so I'm here haha. They're playing the most awesome songs on the PA though, tons of Exodus, Accept, Maiden and a few others. War Is My Shepherd and Impaler by Exodus were just played back to back!

Also Exhumed tore shit up.

slapguitarer
08-24-2012, 08:43 PM
At Summer Slaughter right now. I'm not really a fan of like 90% of the bands playing, but Metal Assault was requested to cover it by Cannibal Corpse so I'm here haha. They're playing the most awesome songs on the PA though, tons of Exodus, Accept, Maiden and a few others. War Is My Shepherd and Impaler by Exodus were just played back to back!

Also Exhumed tore shit up.

I wish I could've gone man. Marching Band is making me miss sooo many good shows. This, Slaughter by the Water, Yob/Acid King, Red Fang. Shit sucks. :bouville:

treghet
08-24-2012, 08:46 PM
I wish I could've gone man. Marching Band is making me miss sooo many good shows. This, Slaughter by the Water, Yob/Acid King, Red Fang. Shit sucks. :bouville:

Shouldn't have joined marching band.

Onioner
08-24-2012, 08:55 PM

Yeah man, but school stuff comes first always. You'll always have plenty of shows to go to, and San Jose has a pretty good metalcore/deathcore scene if you're into that. Also I just met Matt Harvey and he is one of the single coolest people I've ever met. Dude radiates awesome.

TonyD
08-24-2012, 09:43 PM
San Jose has a pretty good metalcore/deathcore scene if you're into that.

http://img0.joyreactor.com/images/templates/solo/no.jpg

slapguitarer
08-24-2012, 09:55 PM
Shouldn't have joined marching band.

I've met some cool people from it, but the actual band experience hasn't really been all that fun yet.

And Onioner, I'm not into any -core scene. There are a select few bands I like that are considered core but as a whole, I despise it.

Tony, are there any good local bands, the only band I actively listen to that's from San Jose is Sleep :lol: They should play a gig or two here.

Onioner
08-24-2012, 10:15 PM
Well that's mostly pretty much what San Jose has sadly. I don't like core music at all either, but that's the main thing represented around that area (don't lump me in with them Tony, it just happens to be healthy scene). I went to high school in Los Gatos, believe me there isn't much when it comes to local music. Sleep were from San Jose and so were Exhumed, but both those bands completely relocated. From what Matt Pike told me (and some other folks I know who were around then) Sleep spent half their time in Oakland anyway, and from interviews I've seen with Matt Harvey, Exhumed apparently thrived off of the hardcore and grindcore shows from back then.

I only said the core shit was "pretty good" because shows in that style happen relatively frequently and the bands are pretty tight with each other. Even the thrash bands in the bay can't brag about that unfortunately.

XDoomsayerX
08-25-2012, 12:12 AM
Inorganic chem is getting tough, damn it I wanted to cruise on through the final. Thats right studying on a Fri night. haha

brutal_descent
08-25-2012, 01:55 AM
Got braces for my upper jaw today. Doesn't suck as much as I thought it would :D

masterguy49
08-25-2012, 07:11 AM
Building my PC today, going to be sexy as fuck :D

XDoomsayerX
08-25-2012, 10:47 AM
About to head out for Slaughter! :rocker:

ravenheart
08-25-2012, 12:32 PM
Trying to work out which singer Daniel Trigger sounds like. Finally got it; Klaus Meine.

Onioner
08-25-2012, 02:09 PM
Impaled were so much fun to interview, those dudes are fricken hilarious especially Ross. I think it's gonna be a real fun read.

MPF
08-25-2012, 02:26 PM
Interviews with Kataklysm, Origin and Fleshgod Apocalypse in just a couple hours. I can't fucking wait!

mankvill
08-25-2012, 02:56 PM
http://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/553930_1767539347020_413213557_n.jpg

my friend teaches college and this was from one of the "smart kids" in her class for a beginning-of-year writing assignment.

hurf.

kalfitegrdan
08-25-2012, 02:56 PM
I swear that Breaking Bad is the funeral doom metal of TV shows.

mankvill
08-25-2012, 03:08 PM
I swear that Breaking Bad is the funeral doom metal of TV shows.

Really slow but the payoff over time is amazing?

kalfitegrdan
08-25-2012, 03:16 PM
Really slow but the payoff over time is amazing?

Pretty much. Sometimes it's so agonizingly slow, but is just so crushing (as in the tension of the situation almost overwhelms you) that it keeps you entertained/coming back for more.

ShatteredFlame
08-25-2012, 03:26 PM
All moved into my dorm to begin my second year of college. :party:

ravenheart
08-25-2012, 03:53 PM
my friend teaches college and this was from one of the "smart kids" in her class for a beginning-of-year writing assignment.

hurf.

Evidently your friend sucks at judging the competency of their kids.

MPF
08-25-2012, 10:01 PM
I got knocked out during Origin's set tonight....

....Worth it!

XDoomsayerX
08-26-2012, 02:12 AM
Summer Slaughter was alright, last year was waaay funner. On paper line-up sounded good but live I was like hmmm I've seen every band besides Cannibal Corpse multiple times and was kinda bored. I mean I sat down for a good chunk of the show. Dont get me wrong Exhumed, Goatwhore, VoM,The Faceless and BTBAM all sounded great live but beside BTBAM none of em really blew me away. Also I dont think I can get into Corpse, just not my thing. Lastly new vocalist for The Faceless is far better and JFAC is complete shit live, seriously that ruckus was awful.

brutal_descent
08-26-2012, 02:14 AM
JFAC is complete shit live, seriously that ruckus was awful.

Was there something wrong with the sound, or was it the band?

Crionics
08-26-2012, 07:32 AM
Fantastic first day of college :party:

ravenheart
08-26-2012, 08:05 AM
Lastly new vocalist for The Faceless is far better and JFAC is complete shit live, seriously that ruckus was awful.

Wrong word, but agree on the basic point ;)

El Gordo
08-26-2012, 09:03 AM

hurf.

LOL College?! When I was reading it, I thought it was an elementary school kid for sure. That's just fucking awful!

XDoomsayerX
08-26-2012, 09:52 AM
Was there something wrong with the sound, or was it the band?

The singer cant do vocals to save his life. His highs challenge Chris Barnes performance. Instrumentally they were okay at best. The crowd ate them up though, didnt know they still a decent following.

brutal_descent
08-26-2012, 10:54 AM
The singer cant do vocals to save his life. His highs challenge Chris Barnes performance. Instrumentally they were okay at best. The crowd ate them up though, didnt know they still a decent following.

That sucks. I might see them for free in October since I know the promoter, but I'm weighing the pros and cons.

hellawaits77ny
08-26-2012, 11:06 AM
Is it bad I'm drinking Stoli O + Red Bull at 2pm and listening to Sean Paul?

XDoomsayerX
08-26-2012, 11:14 AM
That sucks. I might see them for free in October since I know the promoter, but I'm weighing the pros and cons.

Who are the openers? JFAC headlining to me is already unappealing, then again I dont know how big of a fan of them you are.

brutal_descent
08-26-2012, 11:28 AM
Who are the openers? JFAC headlining to me is already unappealing, then again I dont know how big of a fan of them you are.

I only started listening to them a day or two ago. I've given Gloom a listen (pretty good) and I'm going to check out Demonocracy in the next few days. The openers are local, so that's a con as it is.

XDoomsayerX
08-26-2012, 12:33 PM
BTBAM are playing for free at the Slide Bar today but I dont have money for gas and I think you have to show up super early which I dont feel like doing. Son of Aurelius is pretty good too.

illuminatus917
08-26-2012, 01:14 PM
Arabic homework, hour after hour :wallbang: :mad:

treghet
08-26-2012, 05:06 PM

Yeah, I saw them a couple years ago and they sucked. That's why I stayed outside this time.

christopher
08-26-2012, 06:40 PM
Yeah, I saw them a couple years ago and they sucked. That's why I stayed outside this time.

I saw them at the 06 Murderfest and they were awful. I'm glad I haven't had to see them since.

christopher
08-26-2012, 07:34 PM
I just remembered that Jason and the Punknecks are playing in Downtown LA tonight for $5 with Lightnin Woodcock. I'm really tempted to head that way...

XDoomsayerX
08-26-2012, 09:20 PM

Good choice! Whatcha think of Slaughter? Funny note one my of friends said this about Veil of Maya to me after their set: "Elias, you're good on breakdowns for the rest of the year!" :lol:

ravenheart
08-27-2012, 06:16 AM
Unsubscribing from status updates by pretentious, do-gooding assholes who only ever post pictures about one of a) God, b) animals, c) rights of some kind, d) government. Usually with the comment "think".

I do, thanks. Frequently. And you know what, I don't need idiots like you to tell me what to think. Especially if you're dumb enough to believe that getting a bunch of people you don't even actually know to share a picture on Facebook will come even remotely close to getting anything done. I'm sure it makes you feel like you're doing your part though.

treghet
08-27-2012, 06:17 AM
Unsubscribing from status updates by pretentious, do-gooding assholes who only ever post pictures about one of a) God, b) animals, c) rights of some kind, d) government. Usually with the comment "think".

I do, thanks. Frequently. And you know what, I don't need idiots like you to tell me what to think. Especially if you're dumb enough to believe that getting a bunch of people you don't even actually know to share a picture on Facebook will come even remotely close to getting anything done. I'm sure it makes you feel like you're doing your part though.

You seem mad.

ravenheart
08-27-2012, 06:18 AM
You seem mad.

Not really. Just finally got around to actually cleaning my newsfeed of retards. It's needed doing for a while.

Natrlhi
08-27-2012, 07:06 AM

hurf.That is utterly fucking awful. How did that fucking idiot even get a high school diploma, much less admitted to college? I mean, I assume it's a small school, but still - don't they have some kind of standards? I swear, that shit makes me want to choke somebody.

Wrong word, but agree on the basic point ;)Why is "ruckus" the wrong word? Because pretentious Brits don't care to use it in everyday conversation (if at all)? :finger:

treghet
08-27-2012, 07:11 AM
That is utterly fucking awful. How did that fucking idiot even get a high school diploma, much less admitted to college? I mean, I assume it's a small school, but still - don't they have some kind of standards? I swear, that shit makes me want to choke somebody.

'MERICA :usa:

illuminatus917
08-27-2012, 09:40 AM
Everybody is pretentious.

ravenheart
08-27-2012, 09:54 AM
Why is "ruckus" the wrong word? Because pretentious Brits don't care to use it in everyday conversation (if at all)? :finger:

:lol: It's used all the time here. It's the wrong word because it means a noisy confrontation, not just something noisy in general.

BloodoftheKings
08-27-2012, 10:18 AM
Just got back from my first 2 college classes, gonna head out for my 3rd in a couple hours. My first 2 classes were pretty good. Despite being significantly longer the classes actually feel about the same length as high school classes.

ShatteredFlame
08-27-2012, 10:27 AM
My first class of my first day of classes got cancelled :lol:.....=/

brutal_descent
08-27-2012, 11:08 AM
School starts tomorrow. Might have just found someone to start a band with :D

IrritatedTrout
08-27-2012, 12:33 PM
First day of grad school tomorrow. Not looking forward to it. Orientation was awful and I already don't like my department head.:bouville:

John The Drummer
08-27-2012, 01:29 PM
Got back from my mini-tour with Odyssey from Spokane last night. Had a hell of a time and played two amazing shows! Friday in Spokane was a blast, great crowd, great bands, etc etc etc. Some kid even asked for a pair of my sticks afterwords, great time.

Saturday in Richland wasnt bad, but it could have been better. Not a whole lot of people at the venue due to a town fair, but we still did our thing and rocked those who were there!

Also on Friday, my bands music video got released! Check it out!!
www.youtube.com/watch?v=2JcBEh11kNw

Dextrimental
08-27-2012, 02:57 PM
Got back from my mini-tour with Odyssey from Spokane last night. Had a hell of a time and played two amazing shows! Friday in Spokane was a blast, great crowd, great bands, etc etc etc. Some kid even asked for a pair of my sticks afterwords, great time.

Saturday in Richland wasnt bad, but it could have been better. Not a whole lot of people at the venue due to a town fair, but we still did our thing and rocked those who were there!

Also on Friday, my bands music video got released! Check it out!!
www.youtube.com/watch?v=2JcBEh11kNw

Good to hear the tour went well. Awesome video!!

mankvill
08-27-2012, 03:07 PM
Just signed up for a gym. It has really state of the art machines, so I'm excited about that. Also took advantage of the free hour of personal training on Thursday. I'm sure it'll kill me, but I'm kinda hoping that it does.

OraclesofAgony
08-27-2012, 03:22 PM
Just signed up for a gym. It has really state of the art machines, so I'm excited about that. Also took advantage of the free hour of personal training on Thursday. I'm sure it'll kill me, but I'm kinda hoping that it does.

That's the spirit. :fist:

I'm about to go workout chest.

mankvill
08-27-2012, 03:23 PM
That's the spirit. :fist:

I'm about to go workout chest.

Right now I'm just kinda all about losing weight. It'll be nice because the trainer will probably show me how to do all of the lifting machines which I can use overtime, but I'm mostly just interested in the cardio stuff.

smearCampaign
08-27-2012, 03:30 PM
Just got back from a 3 day backpacking trip in Northern Michigan. I'm not in the best shape so carrying a 60+ pound pack 5 miles a day kicked my ass; but in a good way.

OraclesofAgony
08-27-2012, 03:31 PM
Right now I'm just kinda all about losing weight. It'll be nice because the trainer will probably show me how to do all of the lifting machines which I can use overtime, but I'm mostly just interested in the cardio stuff.

Yeah that's a good way to go. I've been doing strength training for a few years now but I still need to lose weight, it's hard because I always lose control of my diet. I do cardio too but I usually cut it short because I'm tired after the strength training.

dcmetal108
08-27-2012, 04:49 PM
Well after two weeks of fighting with the managers in my Walmart store, corporate, and calling off for school they finally fixed my hours where I have the days for school off.that

just shows that raising hell every day at work can make stuff happen.

ravenheart
08-27-2012, 05:19 PM
Well after two weeks of fighting with the managers in my Walmart store, corporate, and calling off for school they finally fixed my hours where I have the days for school off.that

just shows that raising hell every day at work can make stuff happen.

They wouldn't be allowed to do anything else here. If you have school, you have school. It always takes precedence.

dcmetal108
08-27-2012, 05:53 PM
They wouldn't be allowed to do anything else here. If you have school, you have school. It always takes precedence.

Well Walmart says school is first too. No one wants to honor it though. They act like they needed a 3 month notice for it. They knew when I was hired that I was graduating High School in June and going to college at the end of summer.

I told them the day after I got my classes and times about college. It was a week and a half before school started. It took 3 weeks for them to change my time.

GarageMetal468
08-27-2012, 07:04 PM
First day of school was boring as crap. One of my classes is looking like it's gonna be exciting, but the other 2 so far are incredibly boring. However in one of these classes we watched a video about Generation Y and there was a guy in a Sodom shirt in the background, that was pretty cool.

illuminatus917
08-27-2012, 07:35 PM
I basically get to make my own work schedule because I'm in college. It kind of kicks ass. One of the benefits of actually having a semi-competent HR department.

kalfitegrdan
08-28-2012, 12:36 AM
Well Walmart says school is first too.

Pssh. Bullshit. They fired my friend like four years ago because his school schedule didn't jive with his work schedule.

RampinUp46
08-28-2012, 02:12 AM
Was supposed to take Drawing II, but I have another week or two of Art I (in order to take ceramics, painting, or drawing, you have to take Art I first) because the people running my school are idiots that didn't think I had all my credits.

I have a German class tomorrow, so hopefully, that doesn't get screwed up beyond all belief.

Pssh. Bullshit. They fired my friend like four years ago because his school schedule didn't jive with his work schedule.

Not surprised at all. I did a work-based learning thing a while ago working at a Walmart. Basically, I put back shit that got returned like TV sets, BB guns, canned food, shit like that.

I'm not even joking, if I brought up a chipped or cracked glass or a dented can, they'd tell me they'd throw it away, and then I'd see it on the shelf the next time I came back because it wasn't "really" trashed.

...I fucking hate Walmart.

dcmetal108
08-28-2012, 06:18 AM
I hate Walmart. I actually thought they'd fire me. The first day I called off for school I guess the other 2 cart guys called off. Then one of my assholes managers asked why I called off and the one manager in the store that will back me up told her it was for school. I guess she said school isn't valid enough to call off for and my manager told her I had only been trying to weeks to get it off and if she changed it where my call off didn't matter to expect hell from me.

The Walmart I am at has to be run by the dumbest pieces of shit ever and it's by far the worst run and dirtiest walmart I work at. Thank god I at least get to be outside sometimes.

Though yesterday I did have a customer get in my face and employees came over thinking he wanted to fight me because he did. All because I asked him excuse me 2 times so I could bring in carts since he was blocking my way, other peoples way, and traffic by making me stop.

brutal_descent
08-28-2012, 06:30 AM
Well, today went well, I guess. There's one dude who irritates the fuck out of me who's in half of my classes, and my English teacher is a militant feminist. She's also a lesbian, which isn't surprising at all :hecho:

dcmetal108
08-28-2012, 06:35 AM
Well, today went well, I guess. There's one dude who irritates the fuck out of me who's in half of my classes, and my English teacher is a militant feminist. She's also a lesbian, which isn't surprising at all :hecho:

Is she at least hot? :cool:

Natrlhi
08-28-2012, 07:18 AM
Is she at least hot? :cool:>militant feminist lesbian
>hot

pick one

brutal_descent
08-28-2012, 08:03 AM
>militant feminist lesbian
>hot

pick one

This. She looks like a cross between a gnome (size-wise) and an elf (face-wise). I mean, it's not like she has a shaved head, but she's still all of that. She constantly tries to make woman's struggle in the modern world relevant to what her class is studying, and usually blames low class averages on tests and quizzes on the male population.

ravenheart
08-28-2012, 08:08 AM
usually blames low class averages on tests and quizzes on the male population.

Get her up on sexism ;)

brutal_descent
08-28-2012, 08:10 AM
Get her up on sexism ;)

Hey, she's still good at teaching, there's just bullshit to be dealt with.

brutal_descent
08-28-2012, 12:30 PM
Just finished sewing my first two patches onto my jacket :D

Crionics
08-28-2012, 12:53 PM
Just finished sewing my first two patches onto my jacket :D

I remember how that felt :D

brutal_descent
08-28-2012, 01:17 PM
I remember how that felt :D

I put on a Death (Human) back patch and above it a Discharge logo patch. Feels good :allan:

Hopefully tomorrow I make up my mind about which two patches I want on the shoulders. My choices are a rectangular Ghoul logo patch, a Dark Funeral pentagram-shaped patch, a Venom pentagram-shaped patch, and a circular Dead Kennedys patch.

dcmetal108
08-28-2012, 03:32 PM
haha I sewed my first one of my jacket two nights ago. A Black Dahlia Murder patch on the left chest part.

Crionics
08-28-2012, 03:41 PM
I put on a Death (Human) back patch and above it a Discharge logo patch. Feels good :allan:

Hopefully tomorrow I make up my mind about which two patches I want on the shoulders. My choices are a rectangular Ghoul logo patch, a Dark Funeral pentagram-shaped patch, a Venom pentagram-shaped patch, and a circular Dead Kennedys patch.

Cool! I've got a Celtic Frost- Morbid Tales backpatch with a Mercyful Fate- Nine patch underneath it. On the front I've got patches of Slayer, Death, Bathory, Discharge, and Maiden. My pins are mostly punk bands with a touch of metal too, I have a ton so I can't list them all.

larvtard
08-28-2012, 07:18 PM
Blue Moon on draft is a gift from god :drool:

illuminatus917
08-28-2012, 07:22 PM
Blue Moon on draft is a gift from god :drool:

How are you doing these days Larv?

larvtard
08-28-2012, 07:29 PM
How are you doing these days Larv?

Alright. I'm living at home with my parents and going to school in the city, so just taking the train down there each day. Much more comfortable doing this than last year at UVM. Honestly there's not much going for me at the moment, but I'm doing a little better in terms of happiness. I really, really like my Economics class so I'm excited about finally finding something I'm interested in.

illuminatus917
08-28-2012, 07:36 PM
Alright. I'm living at home with my parents and going to school in the city, so just taking the train down there each day. Much more comfortable doing this than last year at UVM. Honestly there's not much going for me at the moment, but I'm doing a little better in terms of happiness. I really, really like my Economics class so I'm excited about finally finding something I'm interested in.

:party: Awesome to hear. It's nice to take some time off, exhale, and get your shit straight.

Heraclitus said, "One cannot pass twice through the same stream." You've only got one chance at this. There's no sense spending what time you have in misery. UVM wasn't the right place for you... I'm glad you didn't decide to spend three more years there.

powerslave_85
08-28-2012, 07:37 PM
Blue Moon on draft is a gift from god
You mean that beer you can buy at literally any grocery store in the country? :lol:

mastodon421
08-28-2012, 08:02 PM
You mean that beer you can buy at literally any grocery store in the country? :lol:

Hey you can't buy beer at grocery stores in Massachusetts;)

christopher
08-28-2012, 09:11 PM

Well that sucks.

XDoomsayerX
08-28-2012, 10:01 PM

You can buy beer everywhere here in Cali. haha

Also christopher, you were wrong man another heat wave this week. Fuuuuck. :hecho:

christopher
08-28-2012, 10:05 PM
Also christopher, you were wrong man another heat wave this week. Fuuuuck. :hecho:

Yeah it was lame, but not so bad. I was stuck as the cart attendant the last few days and wasn't excited about that. I went to Disneyland today for an hour and after the walk from my car to Tomorrowland and back, I was drenched in sweat.:hmm:

MPF
08-28-2012, 10:11 PM
Yeah it was lame, but not so bad. I was stuck as the cart attendant the last few days and wasn't excited about that. I went to Disneyland today for an hour and after the walk from my car to Tomorrowland and back, I was drenched in sweat.:hmm:

I gotta ask. How the hell can you afford to go to Disneyland so often? did you get free lifetime passes or something? :lol:

christopher
08-28-2012, 10:18 PM
I gotta ask. How the hell can you afford to go to Disneyland so often? did you get free lifetime passes or something? :lol:

I've got a season pass! I put $80 down when I first got it, then I pay around $35 a month and that gives me free parking and access to both parks every day of the year :D

MPF
08-28-2012, 10:22 PM
I've got a season pass! I put $80 down when I first got it, then I pay around $35 a month and that gives me free parking and access to both parks every day of the year :D

With how often you go, that is definitely worth it. :party:

TonyD
08-28-2012, 10:26 PM
Yeah if you go more than 4 non consecutive days, which I could do no problem if I lived anywhere near OC

christopher
08-28-2012, 10:32 PM
With how often you go, that is definitely worth it. :party:

I usually try to go every Thursday. I know that's a random day to pick, but my girlfriend and I put our work availability so we can't work that day so we can go to Disneyland that day. We usually go another day if we can, but at least once a week. The last month has been very hot, so we really didn't go too often. I'd say I've gone about 50 times since I got my pass, so yeah, I've gotten my money's worth :D It's only a 25 minute drive too!

kalfitegrdan
08-28-2012, 10:37 PM

I'd go with a pentagram on each shoulder to make it nice and symmetrical.

brutal_descent
08-28-2012, 11:08 PM
I'd go with a pentagram on each shoulder to make it nice and symmetrical.

They aren't exactly symmetrical... here's the Venom patch (http://www.google.com/imgres?hl=en&safe=off&biw=960&bih=473&tbm=isch&tbnid=G-yZxj39XCzi-M:&imgrefurl=http://www.ebay.com/itm/VENOM-patch-FREE-SHIPPING-/250975308763&imgurl=http://i.ebayimg.com/t/VENOM-patch-FREE-SHIPPING-/00/s/MzM2WDM1OA%253D%253D/%2524(KGrHqFHJCsE70J)sksQBPFLF4zy7!~~60_35.JPG&w=300&h=281&ei=e7E9UO-uOO_Y4QTB64GwCg&zoom=1&iact=rc&dur=418&sig=104296523221234509172&page=4&tbnh=128&tbnw=137&start=44&ndsp=15&ved=1t:429,r:0,s:44,i:218&tx=86&ty=31), and here's the Dark Funeral patch (http://www.google.com/imgres?hl=en&safe=off&biw=960&bih=473&tbm=isch&tbnid=qPNTJ5zs3qm4kM:&imgrefurl=http://www.ebay.com/itm/DARK-FUNERAL-patch-FREE-SHIPPING-/250975279881&imgurl=http://i.ebayimg.com/t/DARK-FUNERAL-patch-FREE-SHIPPING-/00/s/MzU3WDMzNg%253D%253D/%2524(KGrHqVHJDME7zj53N2GBPFKKNnVnQ~~60_35.JPG&w=282&h=300&ei=srE9UOScLqak4ATPlYDAAQ&zoom=1&iact=rc&dur=493&sig=104296523221234509172&page=3&tbnh=139&tbnw=131&start=26&ndsp=15&ved=1t:429,r:3,s:26,i:169&tx=111&ty=56).

brutal_descent
08-28-2012, 11:10 PM
Also, my Politics / Social Studies teacher used to teach Mac Miller before he dropped out of his freshman year in high school. :lol: Apparently he had come to school stoned every morning for some time, so the school had called in his parents for a meeting. His parents told the school that they were okay with him smoking pot, so he got expelled :p

ravenheart
08-29-2012, 04:10 AM

I'd just assumed it was a euphemism :eyes:

kalfitegrdan
08-29-2012, 05:09 AM
:lol: On Mojoe's website there is an Attack Attack! show that is listed as "An Evening with Attack Attack!." Fucking :barf:.

mastodon421
08-29-2012, 05:17 AM
Well that sucks.

Yeah kind of, but there is so many liquor stores here that it more than makes up for it.

dcmetal108
08-29-2012, 06:14 AM
:lol: On Mojoe's website there is an Attack Attack! show that is listed as "An Evening with Attack Attack!." Fucking :barf:.

Yeah I saw that. The venue said its like a 2 hour show with just them.

I didn't know anyone wanted to spend a evening with them.

John The Drummer
08-29-2012, 01:30 PM
Good to hear the tour went well. Awesome video!!

Thanks man! I love playing in Spokane, the crowd there is far better than the crowd here in Seattle. At one point my bassist stepped on one of my guitarists cables, causing his amp head to fall off of his cab. He spent 5 minutes fixing his stuff during our set, so instead of having that awkward silence, I did a few drum parts that people would recognize....

- YYZ by Rush
- Painkiller by Judas Priest
- Hot For Teacher by Van Halen
- Mouth For War (with other guitarist) by Pantera
...and a couple others I think, it was a good time :D

MPF
08-29-2012, 01:54 PM
Thanks man! I love playing in Spokane, the crowd there is far better than the crowd here in Seattle. At one point my bassist stepped on one of my guitarists cables, causing his amp head to fall off of his cab. He spent 5 minutes fixing his stuff during our set, so instead of having that awkward silence, I did a few drum parts that people would recognize....

- YYZ by Rush
- Painkiller by Judas Priest
- Hot For Teacher by Van Halen
- Mouth For War (with other guitarist) by Pantera
...and a couple others I think, it was a good time :D

The next tour opprotunity you get, come out to Minnesota. I can hook you up with a show. That and I wanna see you guys live.

John The Drummer
08-29-2012, 05:09 PM
The next tour opprotunity you get, come out to Minnesota. I can hook you up with a show. That and I wanna see you guys live.

We shall see what happens! It'd be rad to get off the West Coast and play some dates!

energymetal14
08-29-2012, 09:27 PM
At Dennys, just saw Kataklysm. They put on a good show, I actually enjoyed them more live than on recording. Fleshgod Apocalypse and Vital Remaind were insane as always, and Rose Funeral were terrible as expected.

XDoomsayerX
08-29-2012, 09:40 PM
At Dennys, just saw Kataklysm. They put on a good show, I actually enjoyed them more live than on recording. Fleshgod Apocalypse and Vital Remaind were insane as always, and Rose Funeral were terrible as expected.

Niiice! Kataklysm always slays live! :rocker: No Origin? And fuck Rose Funeral, saw a chick with Rose Funeral booty shorts at Slaughter and dat ass def lost some points cuz of it. haha

OraclesofAgony
08-29-2012, 10:09 PM
Niiice! Kataklysm always slays live! :rocker: No Origin? And fuck Rose Funeral, saw a chick with Rose Funeral booty shorts at Slaughter and dat ass def lost some points cuz of it. haha

It was the Venom top with the Rose fUNOral booty shorts that made it so ridiculous.

MPF
08-29-2012, 11:15 PM

Origin's last show was in Chicago for this tour, Fleshgod is now taking the main support slot for the rest of the tour.

XDoomsayerX
08-30-2012, 12:43 AM
Origin's last show was in Chicago for this tour, Fleshgod is now taking the main support slot for the rest of the tour.

Oh! I wish I was getting this tour but I aint :(

RampinUp46
08-30-2012, 12:56 AM
Just got back from Goatwhore. I'm so pumped up that I won't be able to sleep - which bites, since I have school and a post-school class immediately after that (ending at 6:30 - it's 2:55 AM now).

...Today is going to be fun.

OraclesofAgony
08-30-2012, 01:00 AM
Just got back from Goatwhore. I'm so pumped up that I won't be able to sleep - which bites, since I have school and a post-school class immediately after that (ending at 6:30 - it's 2:55 AM now).

...Today is going to be fun.

I've been there before, good luck to you. Caffeine is your friend in this time of need.

OraclesofAgony
08-30-2012, 01:00 AM
Oh! I wish I was getting this tour but I aint :(

Been screwed out of Fleshgod twice this year. :mad:

GarageMetal468
08-30-2012, 09:51 AM

Maybe they'll actually play songs off Oracles... it seems like they're just forgetting they ever did that album, which is a damn shame, it's definitely their best work.

But yeah, sucks that Origin isn't on the tour anymore, they destroyed Chicago yet again this past Sunday. They made it seem like they were gonna do a Raining Blood cover, and right when they're about to kick in to the first riff, BOOM. Never Gonna Give You Up plays over the PA.

energymetal14
08-30-2012, 10:55 AM
Maybe they'll actually play songs off Oracles... it seems like they're just forgetting they ever did that album, which is a damn shame, it's definitely their best work.

But yeah, sucks that Origin isn't on the tour anymore, they destroyed Chicago yet again this past Sunday. They made it seem like they were gonna do a Raining Blood cover, and right when they're about to kick in to the first riff, BOOM. Never Gonna Give You Up plays over the PA.

They played for 45 minutes last night, they played Requiem and i think one more off Oracles but I cant remember for sure. I agree i wish they played more from that album, although their presence alone is amazing! And yeah I wish origin was there as they are insane live but still a killer show regardless.

mankvill
08-30-2012, 11:37 AM
About to go for ky free hour of personal training. I hope I don't regret it too much :P

ravenheart
08-30-2012, 12:11 PM
About to go for ky free hour of personal training. I hope I don't regret it too much :P

Euphemism? :eyes:

BloodoftheKings
08-30-2012, 02:55 PM
I had to take a placement essay for english since I didn't score high enough on my SAT essay and I was really lucky cause my topic was censorship in music. I'm pretty sure I aced that shit.

OraclesofAgony
08-30-2012, 04:25 PM
Just found out that Dave Suzuki (formerly of Vital Remains) is in a new band. I'm so glad to see he's back making music again.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=79ZXk2jXZYs

mankvill
08-30-2012, 04:32 PM
Euphemism? :eyes:

;)

The personal trainer I was signed up for never showed, so I started to just do my normal workout, but a different guy came over and ran me through all the weight-lifting machines. So now I can get SWOLE

Natrlhi
08-30-2012, 04:33 PM
Euphemism? :eyes:You just leave Manks alone. What he has his "personal trainer" do to him behind closed doors is his own damn business.

mankvill
08-30-2012, 04:39 PM
You just leave Manks alone. What he has his "personal trainer" do to him behind closed doors is his own damn business.

my hot lady personal trainer

ravenheart
08-30-2012, 05:29 PM
my hot lady personal trainer

Pics or it didn't happen.

RampinUp46
08-30-2012, 05:40 PM
I've been there before, good luck to you. Caffeine is your friend in this time of need.

I'm amazed... three 5-Hour Energy shots, five self-inflicted slaps to the face in third period, and a Monster in my last class. I'm still awake, and I'm not tired. :eyes:

XDoomsayerX
08-30-2012, 06:54 PM
Grieves is gonna play at my school! :eek: Cool. UCR does get some nice bands too: Tacking Back Sunday, Circa Survive, Against Me....but I missed all of em.

Natrlhi
08-30-2012, 07:06 PM
my hot lady personal trainerFirst of all, you fucking lie like a carpet.

Second, even if it is a hot lady personal trainer pushing the lubeless dildo into your quivering balloon knot, it still pretty much makes you gay.

ravenheart
08-30-2012, 07:09 PM
gay.

This is news?

illuminatus917
08-30-2012, 07:18 PM
quivering balloon knot

Which already smells like K-Y.

mankvill
08-30-2012, 07:39 PM
guys come on, i'm neutered

Natrlhi
08-30-2012, 07:42 PM
guys come on, i'm neutered...which is why taking it up the poop chute is really all you've got.

Yeah. We get it. Stop making excuses for being a fairy and just own it already.

makethemsuffer12
08-30-2012, 07:51 PM
my hot stud personal trainer

FTFY

mankvill
08-30-2012, 08:02 PM
FTFY

it was actually a dog

my trainer was a dog who can talk

and we went and did all the machines

then we fucked

makethemsuffer12
08-30-2012, 08:05 PM
it was actually a dog

my trainer was a dog who can talk

and we went and did all the machines

then we fucked

I like this story.

EDIT: What breed?

mankvill
08-30-2012, 08:40 PM
I like this story.

EDIT: What breed?

yomama

treghet
08-30-2012, 08:52 PM
...which is why taking it up the poop chute is really all you've got.

Yeah. We get it. Stop making excuses for being a fairy and just own it already.

Come on, you should be proud of your son for being able to get anything at all.

RAZOR
08-30-2012, 09:00 PM
Jacksern :hug:

XDoomsayerX
08-31-2012, 11:38 AM
Who just failed an Inroganic Chem final? This guy! Goddamn did it take me by surprise :(

John The Drummer
08-31-2012, 01:32 PM
I am stoked! I was finally able to log back into my bands original YouTube channel! It's been months and it hasn't let me in, but its finally reopened!

It'd be super cool if everyone could subscribe to us and watch our new music video! :D

http://www.youtube.com/user/funeralageofficial

energymetal14
08-31-2012, 01:49 PM
Who just failed an Inroganic Chem final? This guy! Goddamn did it take me by surprise :(

:(That class scares me, it's like 8 hours a week of lab on top of class time. I want a Chem minor, but I don't think I could get myself to take that. I'm trying Analytical Chem this semester, hopefully I'll do okay...

I am stoked! I was finally able to log back into my bands original YouTube channel! It's been months and it hasn't let me in, but its finally reopened!

It'd be super cool if everyone could subscribe to us and watch our new music video! :D

http://www.youtube.com/user/funeralageofficial

Dude, that song and video are really, really good! I'm definitely gonna listen to more songs!

XDoomsayerX
08-31-2012, 02:59 PM
:(That class scares me, it's like 8 hours a week of lab on top of class time. I want a Chem minor, but I don't think I could get myself to take that. I'm trying Analytical Chem this semester, hopefully I'll do okay...

Huh not at my school both Inorganic courses are separate and dont have lab. Maybe you're thinking Organic Chemistry? That has a lab. That's what I'm working on is a Chem minor btw. What major are you?

TonyD
08-31-2012, 03:01 PM
Analytical Chem sounds like something that would give me hemorrhoids.

Onioner
08-31-2012, 04:34 PM
My Inorganic Chem course last year turned out to be a quantum mechanics course taught by a one-eyed Jamaican stoner who was obsessed with lasers. Probably the only time I've ever been kind of satisfied with earning a D+.

dcmetal108
08-31-2012, 04:49 PM
So today at Walmart was funny as hell.

Apparently two days they started doing inventory and yesterday the Reginal Manager and Corporate came in, shut down their inventory and fired everyone that was doing it at the time.

I guess they fucked up tons of numbers and did almost everything wrong.

I heard corporate told all my stores manager that this is by far one of the worst run stores they've ever seen. I hope almost all my managers get fired.

XDoomsayerX
08-31-2012, 05:15 PM
My Inorganic Chem course last year turned out to be a quantum mechanics course taught by a one-eyed Jamaican stoner who was obsessed with lasers. Probably the only time I've ever been kind of satisfied with earning a D+.

Da fuck lasers? Never talked about that in my quantum course. Interesting sounding instructor though. :lol:

So today at Walmart was funny as hell.

Apparently two days they started doing inventory and yesterday the Reginal Manager and Corporate came in, shut down their inventory and fired everyone that was doing it at the time.

I guess they fucked up tons of numbers and did almost everything wrong.

I heard corporate told all my stores manager that this is by far one of the worst run stores they've ever seen. I hope almost all my managers get fired.

Fuck that, sounds like you work at a horrible place from this post and previous posts. I thought about working at Wal-Mart after I watched Penn and Teller episode said starting wage was like $10+ but I think that's wrong.

energymetal14
08-31-2012, 05:32 PM
Huh not at my school both Inorganic courses are separate and dont have lab. Maybe you're thinking Organic Chemistry? That has a lab. That's what I'm working on is a Chem minor btw. What major are you?

I'm a bio major, focusing on ecology, but still not really sure what I want to do. I already took organic and got a b and a c+ in tge two semesters, so happy to be done! But yeah inorganic has labs at my school, and all the chem majors are in the science building ALL the time.

MPF
08-31-2012, 05:33 PM
So yeah.....possible interview with The Atomic Clock Gene Hoglan next week.....

dcmetal108
08-31-2012, 05:47 PM
Da fuck lasers? Never talked about that in my quantum course. Interesting sounding instructor though. :lol:

Fuck that, sounds like you work at a horrible place from this post and previous posts. I thought about working at Wal-Mart after I watched Penn and Teller episode said starting wage was like $10+ but I think that's wrong.

um yes that is bullshit. I make minimum wage which is $8.25 for hard labor that I do usually by myself. I do the work of 3 people for no respect, no recognition, and the least amount of money they can give me.

If the store was like most walmarts ive been to the job wouldn't be bad as it would be run good. Instead I work at a place where the high managers are assholes and have no respect for anyone below them and cart guys in their eyes are the lowest of the low and the store manager whenever he is there sits around and texts and talks on the phone and since hes black all managers in all postions are black so for me to go anywhere else is out of the question.

treghet
08-31-2012, 06:13 PM
Instead I work at a place where the high managers are assholes and have no respect for anyone below them and cart guys in their eyes are the lowest of the low and the store manager whenever he is there sits around and texts and talks on the phone and since hes black all managers in all postions are black so for me to go anywhere else is out of the question.

That's quite a sentence.

XDoomsayerX
08-31-2012, 06:14 PM
I'm a bio major, focusing on ecology, but still not really sure what I want to do. I already took organic and got a b and a c+ in tge two semesters, so happy to be done! But yeah inorganic has labs at my school, and all the chem majors are in the science building ALL the time.

Oh damn bio is tough for me, too much memorizing. Lab for inorganic interesting, my instructor was saying he wished they had it at my school. Funny thing my Chemical Sciences Building(Chem Department) is open 24 and them chem peeps sleep, eat, and yeah pretty much live there. haha Good place to study for finals though cuz the libraries become fucking zoos during finals week.

um yes that is bullshit. I make minimum wage which is $8.25 for hard labor that I do usually by myself. I do the work of 3 people for no respect, no recognition, and the least amount of money they can give me.

If the store was like most walmarts ive been to the job wouldn't be bad as it would be run good. Instead I work at a place where the high managers are assholes and have no respect for anyone below them and cart guys in their eyes are the lowest of the low and the store manager whenever he is there sits around and texts and talks on the phone and since hes black all managers in all postions are black so for me to go anywhere else is out of the question.

Dayuuum I would've quit withing like a month. Just wondering are you allowed to accept tips? When I worked at Home Depot supposedly I could get fired but what higher up peeps dont know wont kill em. ;)

dcmetal108
08-31-2012, 06:20 PM
Oh damn bio is tough for me, too much memorizing. Lab for inorganic interesting, my instructor was saying he wished they had it at my school. Funny thing my Chemical Sciences Building(Chem Department) is open 24 and them chem peeps sleep, eat, and yeah pretty much live there. haha Good place to study for finals though cuz the libraries become fucking zoos during finals week.

Dayuuum I would've quit withing like a month. Just wondering are you allowed to accept tips? When I worked at Home Depot supposedly I could get fired but what higher up peeps dont know wont kill em. ;)

Yea we are told that taking a tip can get us fired. Usually when I am offered one they are right below a camera or something so I politely tell them I can't.

One time I took a 10 dollar tip and they never found out and if its like a 5 or something that someone is offering usually when I tell them I cant take it they will slip me it or something where the camera cant see it.

kalfitegrdan
08-31-2012, 06:23 PM
I do the work of 3 people for no respect, no recognition, and the least amount of money they can give me.

Me too, man. It sucks.

So, I joined RateYourMusic earlier this week and it's like a music nerd's nirvana...or a person with OCD's nirvana. I can't tell yet.

dcmetal108
08-31-2012, 07:03 PM
Playing Rock Band Blitz. It's fun but kills your fingers.

mastodon421
08-31-2012, 08:15 PM
Me too, man. It sucks.

So, I joined RateYourMusic earlier this week and it's like a music nerd's nirvana...or a person with OCD's nirvana. I can't tell yet.

It's a music nerd's nirvana (for me at least). When I joined last year I rated an astronomical amount of album within 3 days. It was kind of sad actually.

illuminatus917
08-31-2012, 08:26 PM
Norther is splitting up.

http://norther.net/

XDoomsayerX
08-31-2012, 09:14 PM
Downloading free music aint as easy as it used to be. Dont have the dough to support every band I listen to either.

brutal_descent
09-01-2012, 03:04 AM
Norther is splitting up.

http://norther.net/

http://www.metalsetlists.com/showthread.php?t=20948

El Gordo
09-01-2012, 05:17 AM

No disrespect intended, but if a cart guy isn't the low man on the totem pole at a Walmart, who is? Also, I don't think working your way up the ranks of Walmart is what you want to do. Get an education or learn a trade... and stop worrying about your black managers.

makethemsuffer12
09-01-2012, 07:02 AM

Yeah, those darn blackies, eh?
:tp:

And no offense, but something tells me pushing carts isn't "hard labor". And be happy you're not working in NY (min. wage is 7.25).

GarageMetal468
09-01-2012, 07:06 AM
And no offense, but something tells me pushing carts isn't "hard labor".

You must be on crack. I did it for ONE night when I worked at Costco and it was the worst thing ever. Definitely hard labor and a pain in the ass above all.

makethemsuffer12
09-01-2012, 07:46 AM
You must be on crack. I did it for ONE night when I worked at Costco and it was the worst thing ever. Definitely hard labor and a pain in the ass above all.

I guess I stand corrected. But seriously, is it really that difficult pushing carts?

dcmetal108
09-01-2012, 07:49 AM

Thank you! Finally someone that actually knows what it is like.

It isn't a easy job. Even if you are using a machine to help push the carts all the machine really does is help push it in forward, after a certain amount of carts you still have to push it to make it work and still steer it around corners. Also the parking lot for my Walmart is slanted and by the time you get to the store it is a uphill. Carts aren't light either, the big metal carts we have weigh around 20 pounds with our lightest carts being 15 pounds. If you doing it by hand our 20 pound carts we usually push somewhere around 10 carts at time. Now on top the weight of pushing that remember we have to manually steer those ten carts and we are going uphill to the store. That's fucking hard, I don't care how big or strong you are. It kills you after a while.

Also when it is hot outside and you work outside for 8 hours you work your ass off and get beyond exhausted. When we have to do it by hand pushing groups of 5 to 10 carts at a time after a few hours kills you. All we get is a 15 minute break and lunch. The water we get is usally the same temperature as it is outside (hot as hell) and we aren't allowed in the store. So we are pushing carts NONSTOP. Also the only spot in the store that isn't allowed to stand around for a minute.

It is hard labor for sure and actually the hardest job you can really have that requires work at Walmart. That is one of the reason why cartguys come and go so quickly and they have such a hard time finding people that will do it.

XDoomsayerX
09-01-2012, 10:37 AM
I guess I stand corrected. But seriously, is it really that difficult pushing carts?

Super tiring man. Plus you dont just push carts well not at Home Depot. Keep in mind too that Home Depot has various carts and is done by no machine. I had to answer loading calls and do whatever else higher ups told me like help another department while still making sure carts were full and answering all loading calls and yeah Home Dept has some heavy shit. My fav were loading them nice 90lb cement mix bags like 20 by hand. Sooo yeah just exhausting work especially cuz of the heat. Good times, glad I got a tutoring job after that so much more fulfilling and enjoyable.

dcmetal108
09-01-2012, 10:56 AM
Super tiring man. Plus you dont just push carts well not at Home Depot. Keep in mind too that Home Depot has various carts and is done by no machine. I had to answer loading calls and do whatever else higher ups told me like help another department while still making sure carts were full and answering all loading calls and yeah Home Dept has some heavy shit. My fav were loading them nice 90lb cement mix bags like 20 by hand. Sooo yeah just exhausting work especially cuz of the heat. Good times, glad I got a tutoring job after that so much more fulfilling and enjoyable.

Walmart that I'm at had 4 different sized carts and then electronic wheelchairs we have to get. The machine also rarely works right so its a lot by hand.

We also have to carry outs and unloading stuff along with helping customers and doing whatever else they want while doing carts.

My favorite thing is having to lift the 200lb stacks of dry wall by myself then loading the 160lb book shelfs and couches. ALL BY MYSELF!

Or one day I had to unload two crates of water (60 cases each) into a indian guys car by myself and it was like 105 degrees out and his car smelled like a petting zoo.

illuminatus917
09-01-2012, 11:21 AM
http://www.metalsetlists.com/showthread.php?t=20948

Thank you, brutal_descent. You're doing good work here.

http://i50.tinypic.com/2drc1er.jpg

Or one day I had to unload two crates of water (60 cases each) into a indian guys car by myself and it was like 105 degrees out and his car smelled like a petting zoo.

How could 120 cases of water even fit in a car? You're talking about the cases that have 4 gallons per case, right? I can't even see fitting 30 of those into a car, much less 120.

brutal_descent
09-01-2012, 12:08 PM

I have a name, you know ;)

ravenheart
09-01-2012, 12:48 PM
I have a name, you know ;)

We do. Russian.

dcmetal108
09-01-2012, 03:02 PM

How could 120 cases of water even fit in a car? You're talking about the cases that have 4 gallons per case, right? I can't even see fitting 30 of those into a car, much less 120.

No it was the 36 packs of bottled water. He had a windowless rape van I had to load them into it.

Onioner
09-01-2012, 07:57 PM
Got off work early so now I'm at the Cormorant show in SF. I'm beyond stoked to see them.

illuminatus917
09-01-2012, 08:07 PM
Got off work early so now I'm at the Cormorant show in SF. I'm beyond stoked to see them.

They're playing a show in Charlotte with Vektor on the 13th.

Too bad I can't go. :flame:

Onioner
09-01-2012, 08:18 PM
They're playing a show in Charlotte with Vektor on the 13th.

Too bad I can't go. :flame:

I just talked to Arthur about that show lol. Also I'm now interviewing the dudes later tonight haha.

Random note, Arthur is probably the first guy I've ever met in person who's as big of a Voivod fan as me. Thrash nerds unite!

slapguitarer
09-01-2012, 09:17 PM
Arthur von Nagel is one of the coolest cats alive. I wish I could be at that show.

brutal_descent
09-02-2012, 03:26 AM
Listened to Witchaven for the first time yesterday. I definitely like them a lot more than Vektor :bowdown: Hopefully they'll come to the Bay again next summer!

kalfitegrdan
09-02-2012, 06:22 AM
It's a music nerd's nirvana (for me at least). When I joined last year I rated an astronomical amount of album within 3 days. It was kind of sad actually.

:lol: Me too, man. It also satisfies my obsessive compulsive, list-making nerdiness.

ravenheart
09-02-2012, 07:42 AM
obsessive compulsive, list-making nerdiness.

:fist:

powerslave_85
09-02-2012, 09:51 AM
So I started a profile on RYM, but how do you do a list of attended concerts?

mastodon421
09-02-2012, 09:57 AM
:lol: Me too, man. It also satisfies my obsessive compulsive, list-making nerdiness.

:lol: Me too. @powerslave I was wondering the same thing, I've had an account for over a year and I have absolutely no clue how to do that. Our commie friend Lincoln appears to know how to though;)

brutal_descent
09-02-2012, 10:03 AM
:lol: Me too. @powerslave I was wondering the same thing, I've had an account for over a year and I have absolutely no clue how to do that. Our commie friend Lincoln appears to know how to though;)

;) I had to ask on the forum, but apparently it's like this:

Find your city on RYM, and on the right hand side of the page there'll be the five latest venues in that city to be added onto the site in a column. Go to the venues page and find the venue the show was it. On the venue's page there'll be a prompt to add a show that's happening/has happened there.

Onioner
09-02-2012, 10:37 AM
Listened to Witchaven for the first time yesterday. I definitely like them a lot more than Vektor :bowdown: Hopefully they'll come to the Bay again next summer!

Dude they come to the bay like 6 times in any given summer, you'll get plenty of chances! Witchaven are a damn good band, and they're a lot of fun to hang out with.

brutal_descent
09-02-2012, 12:35 PM
By the way, can anyone clear up for me whether Goatwhore are blackened death or blackened thrash? I've always assumed the former since they sound nothing like any of the other blackened thrash bands I know.

BloodoftheKings
09-02-2012, 12:38 PM
By the way, can anyone clear up for me whether Goatwhore are blackened death or blackened thrash? I've always assumed the former since they sound nothing like any of the other blackened thrash bands I know.

The former. I don't see why it matter though.

brutal_descent
09-02-2012, 12:42 PM
The former. I don't see why it matter though.

It doesn't (it's not like I'm going to enjoy them more or less once it's cleared up) but I've gotten in a few arguments over it lately.

John The Drummer
09-02-2012, 12:43 PM
Listening to random music, updating band stuff, being on my own computer for the first time in two weeks, and about to eat some pancakes.

:rocker:

powerslave_85
09-02-2012, 01:07 PM
Find your city on RYM, and on the right hand side of the page there'll be the five latest venues in that city to be added onto the site in a column. Go to the venues page and find the venue the show was it. On the venue's page there'll be a prompt to add a show that's happening/has happened there.
I gave up, because that became way too much of a pain in the ass. Why can't you just make a list where you can enter in the information yourself?

ShatteredFlame
09-02-2012, 03:14 PM
Speaking of RYM. I just looked on Meshuggah's page and DJent is now officially a genre there and the highest rated for them now :hecho:...and Meshuggah completely dominates the top rated Djent albums of all time list :D

christopher
09-02-2012, 04:25 PM
There's a 200 acre forest fire that's about 4 miles behind my house and its out of control. I wouldn't be worried if the area between the fire and my house wasn't dry hills... :(

christopher
09-02-2012, 06:25 PM
Here (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1u638S9B4Kw) is a mariachi version of Raining Blood and Shout at the Devil. I'm going to see this band at the LA County Fair on September 13th!! Can't wait!

BloodoftheKings
09-02-2012, 06:38 PM
Speaking of RYM. I just looked on Meshuggah's page and DJent is now officially a genre there and the highest rated for them now :hecho:...and Meshuggah completely dominates the top rated Djent albums of all time list :D

I noticed that when I saw the new Periphery album on the 2012 chart. I knew it was inevitable but I still facepalmed.

John The Drummer
09-02-2012, 08:14 PM
just got home from practice... gonna eat, then probably go to bed. I'm fuggin tired... and it's only 8:15pm :eyes:

John The Drummer
09-03-2012, 02:05 PM
Does anyone here post on the Metal-Archives forums? I just realized I have been signed up to that forum since 2007 but only have like.... 3 posts :lol:

Dextrimental
09-03-2012, 02:34 PM
Looks like I'm going to be very tight on funds these next couple of weeks, my college has had to tighten up on fees so they can't wait for my grant to come through so I've to pay for it out of my savings by next week. Bummer!

ravenheart
09-03-2012, 03:14 PM
Does anyone here post on the Metal-Archives forums? I just realized I have been signed up to that forum since 2007 but only have like.... 3 posts :lol:

Nah, that place is full of elitist assholes. Like manks.

illuminatus917
09-03-2012, 03:15 PM
Nah, that place is full of elitist assholes. Like manks.

Except they don't discuss Katy Perry and Lady Gaga in their 'Latest Purchases' thread.