PDA

View Full Version : The Official 'What Are You Doing' Thread Part VI

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21

OraclesofAgony
02-01-2013, 08:07 PM
No idea. I think tonight is the first time they could do it. The prices are the same as the Fox, so its nothing special. I'm happy I can finally drink in there though. Too bad there aren't any shows coming there for me until The Dear Hunter in April.

Yeah, aside from the Scion shows I'm rarely ever there. Most of the shows that they end up having there are not my taste.

XDoomsayerX
02-01-2013, 08:37 PM
No idea. I think tonight is the first time they could do it. The prices are the same as the Fox, so its nothing special. I'm happy I can finally drink in there though. Too bad there aren't any shows coming there for me until The Dear Hunter in April.

You're funny...Finch,ETID,The Ghost Inside,The Story So Far.

Pretty lame though I prefer venues dont sell alcohol. Does this mean no ins n outs?

OraclesofAgony
02-01-2013, 08:53 PM

Pretty lame though I prefer venues dont sell alcohol. Does this mean no ins n outs?

Chain Reaction doesn't have ins and outs.

christopher
02-01-2013, 11:34 PM

I wasn't planning on going to those shows...if La Dispute was playing there...You should come to The Dear Hunter!! :D

John The Drummer
02-02-2013, 01:39 PM
Playing a show tonight at a Vegan Bar/Restaurant tonight. Oddly enough, Enslaved is playing at the same place when they make it here O__o. Either way, should be a fun show, and for it being a bar, it is a pretty good size.

Onioner
02-02-2013, 02:23 PM
Who gets to interview Bobby Blitz today? MEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

:dance:

rjturtle9
02-02-2013, 02:39 PM

See you there!

ravenheart
02-02-2013, 06:15 PM

I interviewed him in August. He is THE MAN.

MPF
02-02-2013, 06:30 PM
I also may be interviewing Bobby on the 23rd. Waiting on the confirmation. I am interviewing 4Arm for the show for sure.

On an unrelated note, recording drums today was a great feeling, i have been since since Friday morning but after some NyQuil and a fuckload of vitamin C I am back into fighting shape and recordeda pretty killer song I hope I can put on youtube soon.

Onioner
02-03-2013, 02:04 AM
Who didn't get to interview Bobby Blitz today? Me... :(

Long story short I was given a dud TM number. I'll provide the full nights story in my report a bit later.

MPF, if you do the interview tell me the TM number they give you. I got the actual number later in the night, so if they give you the same dud number I got, I can send you the real one.

John The Drummer
02-03-2013, 09:19 AM
last nights show was awesome. for once we got to play more than 4 songs, which felt so damn good :lol:
i am in a shit load of pain this morning :D

MPF
02-03-2013, 01:34 PM
Who didn't get to interview Bobby Blitz today? Me... :(

Long story short I was given a dud TM number. I'll provide the full nights story in my report a bit later.

MPF, if you do the interview tell me the TM number they give you. I got the actual number later in the night, so if they give you the same dud number I got, I can send you the real one.

Will do! That has happened to me already before, but luckily I knew people who knew the bands, etc to make things work.

dcmetal108
02-03-2013, 05:28 PM
https://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn1/734076_10151233439411059_316881514_n.png

kalfitegrdan
02-03-2013, 07:04 PM
^ :lol: Saw that the other day.

Entered in a pool at work for the Superbowl, I can win either $400 or $600 depending on the scores at the end of each quarter. I decided that if I win from one of the quarters, I'm gonna buy all my friends beers at Deceased. And if I have leftover money, I'm just gonna go up to random people and offer to buy beer for them.

I hear some congratulations are in order. ;)

RampinUp46
02-03-2013, 08:11 PM
Doing what I do every year - waiting for Super Bowl butthurt comments. I'm still waiting to see if someone can beat last year's comment of "dey must'a done sum black magic voodoo shit to beat THE TOM BRADY" (what I just typed out made more actual sense than the original comment) or some shit like that.

:lol:

GarageMetal468
02-03-2013, 11:15 PM
I hear some congratulations are in order. ;)

Oh yes indeed! Won $400! I'm very happy about it, but I could've won an additional $600 had the Ravens actually made that field goal towards the end of the second quarter. We were at Alekseys watching the game before the show and all of us were really disappointed about it. Could've gotten blow and hookers for you all, but oh well. Beer it is!

dcmetal108
02-04-2013, 09:00 AM
So Fall Out Boy are doing a secret show at the SubT tonight in Chicago and tickets sold out before I was awake to get them.

Now the cheapest I can find is $350 for a ticket (and people are buying them)

RampinUp46
02-04-2013, 10:22 PM
In the span of the last seven hours, I woke up, jammed on some stoner doom with a friend of mine, wrote two new songs, finally heard what the ones I wrote sound like with drums, figured out that I need to start saving up for pedals to go with the amp I bought a month ago, and scraped together enough cash for Testament tomorrow. :D

...So that was my day. How was yours?

christopher
02-04-2013, 10:30 PM
I had nothing to do today, so I read about 80 pages on electrodynamics and partial differential equations. I am tired of reading so I'm going to watch netflix until I go to bed.

XDoomsayerX
02-04-2013, 11:47 PM
I had nothing to do today, so I read about 80 pages on electrodynamics and partial differential equations. I am tired of reading so I'm going to watch netflix until I go to bed.

I procrastinated all day. Win! :tongue:

christopher
02-05-2013, 01:27 AM
I procrastinated all day. Win! :tongue:

I feel like I made a lot of progress today! haha

IrritatedTrout
02-05-2013, 03:18 PM
Had an internship interview today, it went well. Now in a terribly boring class. I'll definitely be skipping to see Testament next week. :lol:

Ommie
02-05-2013, 08:34 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9hZkUsy811I

Yes, that's Guy Marchais from Suffocation.

kalfitegrdan
02-06-2013, 06:29 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9hZkUsy811I

Yes, that's Guy Marchais from Suffocation.

Whoa.

mankvill
02-06-2013, 08:15 PM
I'M AS STRAIGHT AS THE LINE THAT YOU SNIFF UP YOUR NOSE
AND I'M AS HARD AS THE BOOZE THAT YOU SWILL DOWN YOUR THROAT
I'M AS BAD AS THE SHIT YOU BREATHE INTO YOUR LUNGS
AND I'LL FUCK YOU UP AS FAST AS THE PILL ON YOUR TONGUE

:boxer:

Nick_to_the_face
02-06-2013, 10:02 PM
I'M AS STRAIGHT AS THE LINE THAT YOU SNIFF UP YOUR NOSE
AND I'M AS HARD AS THE BOOZE THAT YOU SWILL DOWN YOUR THROAT
I'M AS BAD AS THE SHIT YOU BREATHE INTO YOUR LUNGS
AND I'LL FUCK YOU UP AS FAST AS THE PILL ON YOUR TONGUE

:boxer:

:lol: I like that song.

you wayyyy edge, xMANKVILLx

mankvill
02-07-2013, 12:14 AM
:lol: I like that song.

you wayyyy edge, xMANKVILLx

can't wait until i get my minor threat black sheep tattoo

Nick_to_the_face
02-07-2013, 09:00 AM
can't wait until i get my minor threat black sheep tattoo

Can't imagine you with tats :lol:

300%_Density
02-07-2013, 09:54 AM
Even though the shit should have been done a 1.5 months ago, me and my fiance are finally closing on our new house. Thank god that shit is done w/. A nightmare process.

John The Drummer
02-07-2013, 01:32 PM
It has been exactly 2 months since I had my last drink! :D (so I guess that would make tomorrow my official 2 months sober day).

Sure, there are moments where I'll be at a bar for a show and I'd feel tempted to get a drink, but then I think "Meh... naw." It's a bummer though since it seems some of my friends and aquaintances don't want anything to do with me now that I stopped drinking, which I think is pathetic. I'm no different, I'm still stupid John The Drummer who yells "PANTURRUH!" at shows and shit like that. Oh well, I am happy with my life now :)

And for those wondering "OMGBBQ Y U QUIT!?", I have so much stuff going on this year, musically, recording 3 CD's, playing shows, possibly touring, and I want to be in the best shape as possible and focus on my health/music during any downtime I get, not focus on how drunk I can get. Plus I am a pussy and after one drink I feel sick :)

Anyway, woo go me!

mankvill
02-07-2013, 01:35 PM
It has been exactly 2 months since I had my last drink! :D (so I guess that would make tomorrow my official 2 months sober day).

Sure, there are moments where I'll be at a bar for a show and I'd feel tempted to get a drink, but then I think "Meh... naw." It's a bummer though since it seems some of my friends and aquaintances don't want anything to do with me now that I stopped drinking, which I think is pathetic. I'm no different, I'm still stupid John The Drummer who yells "PANTURRUH!" at shows and shit like that. Oh well, I am happy with my life now :)

And for those wondering "OMGBBQ Y U QUIT!?", I have so much stuff going on this year, musically, recording 3 CD's, playing shows, possibly touring, and I want to be in the best shape as possible and focus on my health/music during any downtime I get, not focus on how drunk I can get. Plus I am a pussy and after one drink I feel sick :)

Anyway, woo go me!

*high five!* <3

slapguitarer
02-07-2013, 01:49 PM
More power to you John. :rocker:

Natrlhi
02-07-2013, 09:31 PM
...some of my friends...don't want anything to do with me now that I stopped drinking...These people are not your friends.

Congrats on making a healthy choice for your own good. Fuck the haters. :fist:

RAZOR
02-07-2013, 09:46 PM
That's great, John. Keep up the good work! :D

MPF
02-07-2013, 10:11 PM
I like to occasionally have a drink or two with good friends, but I have never needed alcohol to control my life or have a good time. Keep up the great work, John!

BloodoftheKings
02-07-2013, 10:17 PM

Anyway, woo go me!

Congrats dude. I know a guy who got sober a while back and most of his friends ditched him when he didn't want to drink and do drugs anymore. That's all that matters to some people, fuck em.

XDoomsayerX
02-08-2013, 12:31 AM
My nigs Tyga and Kid Ink are gonna play UCR Heat Fest with Porter Robinson and Best Coast and some other peeps. FREE for me! :cool:

OraclesofAgony
02-08-2013, 12:50 AM
My nigs Tyga and Kid Ink are gonna play UCR Heat Fest with Porter Robinson and Best Coast and some other peeps. FREE for me! :cool:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YaG5SAw1n0c

;)

christopher
02-08-2013, 01:04 AM

get me a ticket so I can sing along to Best Coast with ya <3

ravenheart
02-08-2013, 02:26 AM
I like to occasionally have a drink or two with good friends, but I have never needed alcohol to control my life or have a good time. Keep up the great work, John!

I just don't drink, ever. DethMaiden can attest to this.

MPF
02-08-2013, 03:03 AM

I totally understand why some people do not. For me, I only do it when I am out with good friends. I never drink at shows (playing them or watching them) the only time I have in recent memory was having to suffer through Papa Roach's set opening for stone Sour because....well can a guy blame me? :lol:

Alcohol has never been really that appealing to me. I just feel there is better ways to spend time and money, but don't mind a beer or two once in a great while (few months at a time)

kalfitegrdan
02-08-2013, 03:35 AM
Hello, my name is Zach and you guys are making me feel like an alcoholic. :eyes:

ravenheart
02-08-2013, 06:14 AM
Someone go get me a copy of the March Decibel Magazine with the Cathedral flexi disc on it!

DethMaiden
02-08-2013, 06:17 AM

:lol: x 1000

Must have been dumping those dozens of Peronis out over your shoulder when I wasn't looking! ;)

ravenheart
02-08-2013, 06:19 AM
Must have been dumping those dozens of Peronis out over your shoulder when I wasn't looking! ;)

How dare you ;)

dcmetal108
02-08-2013, 07:04 AM
Hello, my name is Zach and you guys are making me feel like an alcoholic. :eyes:

RampinUp46
02-08-2013, 11:56 AM
A friend of mine in class showed me a couple of Cattle Decapitation songs (I just never got around to hearing them outside of Forced Gender Reassignment, surprisingly) and I dig the shit out of it, so I'd like to start listening to them a bit more.

Which album should I get to first? He's told me "To Serve Man" is a good idea, but I'd like to get a second opinion, so...yeah.

Nick_to_the_face
02-08-2013, 12:21 PM
:milk:

The hell?

John The Drummer
02-08-2013, 12:45 PM
Thanks everyone!!!! :D

I'm happy with my choice. I've noticed a huge amount of energy that I have gained as well, good times!

And MPF, i agree, i have saved so much money. Just looked at my bank account.... WOW :lol:

smearCampaign
02-08-2013, 01:33 PM
A friend of mine in class showed me a couple of Cattle Decapitation songs (I just never got around to hearing them outside of Forced Gender Reassignment, surprisingly) and I dig the shit out of it, so I'd like to start listening to them a bit more.

Which album should I get to first? He's told me "To Serve Man" is a good idea, but I'd like to get a second opinion, so...yeah.

I think last year's Monolith of Inhumanity is their best. Karma.Bloody.Karma and The Harvest Floor are also really solid. Their early stuff is fine, just nothing unique or totally amazing IMO.

mankvill
02-08-2013, 01:49 PM

Cattle goes like this, chronologically -

Goregrind
Grindcore
Deathgrind
Amazing proggy deathgrind

The Harvest Floor is my favorite. 10/10 album. Monolith is also super good, I'd give it a 9.9/10.

ravenheart
02-08-2013, 05:25 PM
How do you show someone a song? :eyes:

El Gordo
02-09-2013, 08:55 AM
How do you show someone a song? :eyes:

Press 'Play', smart-ass.

ravenheart
02-09-2013, 01:47 PM
Press 'Play', smart-ass.

Still doesn't work. You're just showing them the play button.

John The Drummer
02-09-2013, 04:09 PM
Welp, got my laptop connected to my old desktop monitor, was excited to finally use the interebz again.....and turns out my monitor doesnt work anymore :lol:...well it kinda does, but you just cant see shit, the screen is insanely dark.

oh well, guess i have to take my laptop in to get it fixed so im once again stuck with slow ass work internet or slow ass IE app for xbox.

In happy news, just drummed for 3.5 hours. i am pooped!

El Gordo
02-09-2013, 04:18 PM
Still doesn't work. You're just showing them the play button.

Maybe if you have nothing cued up, but if a song starts playing once you've pressed the button, you are effectively showing the song to them. According to the dictionary, you "present or perform as a public entertainment or spectacle".

OraclesofAgony
02-09-2013, 05:33 PM
So I deactivated my Facebook. That seems to be what all the cool kids are doing these days.

But I really did it because I'm sick of the ridiculous amounts of time I've been wasting on there. I'm gonna miss the band updates, but hopefully MS will have me covered on the important stuff.

John The Drummer
02-09-2013, 05:38 PM
So I deactivated my Facebook. That seems to be what all the cool kids are doing these days.

But I really did it because I'm sick of the ridiculous amounts of time I've been wasting on there. I'm gonna miss the band updates, but hopefully MS will have me covered on the important stuff.

HIGH FIVE :party:

Sepultura69
02-09-2013, 10:30 PM
Meh. No reason to make a thread in the propaganda section but this ones for the slayer fans...meh.. :hmm:

On the status of SLAYER guitarist Jeff Hanneman, who has been absent from the road for the past two years while he is recovering from contracting necrotizing fasciitis, likely caused by a spider bite:

King: “You probably know more than me, dude. Believe it or not. [laughs] You know, not to make it sound weird, but when you get off tour, you scatter. And I don’t talk to him [not] because I hate him, I don’t talk to him because I had enough of him. I don’t talk to Tom [Araya, bass/vocals]. The only reason I talk to Dave is ’cause we rehearse all the time. When I get off tour, I just wanna go chill and be ‘Kerry,’ not ‘Kerry King,’ you know what I mean?! But the best I know, I talk to my manager, he talks to [Jeff] periodically, and he’s still trying to get back in the game.”

On whether Jeff is part of the songwriting process for the new SLAYER album:

King: “Not yet. I have enough material to do it on my own, if need be. But I’m open; if Jeff comes to the party with some material, hell yeah, I’ve got extras.”

On whether he will play all the guitar parts on the new SLAYER album and whether SLAYER‘s fill-in guitarist Gary Holt (of EXODUS fame) will appear on the record:

King: “No, no, no… I’ll play all the guitars. But I mean, I’ve been playing all the guitars for years anyway — except for Jeff‘s leads.

This interview took place at the NAMM convention show over here in Anaheim at the end of last month. Pretty lame if you ask me. Sounds to me that Jeff is pretty much out of the band, i mean shit its been like two years now. Also this isn't really a slayer album if its just Kerry King written all over it. Then again I should shut the fuck up since I love God Hates Us All. :hmm:

Meh :hmm:

christopher
02-09-2013, 10:44 PM

Oh no wonder your name doesn't pop up anymore on the messaging window. Well text me if we can have dinner on the 18th. :D

BloodoftheKings
02-09-2013, 10:49 PM
King: No, no, no Ill play all the guitars. But I mean, Ive been playing all the guitars for years anyway except for Jeffs leads.

This upsets me, though part of me thinks Kerry is full of shit.

OraclesofAgony
02-10-2013, 12:00 AM
Oh no wonder your name doesn't pop up anymore on the messaging window. Well text me if we can have dinner on the 18th. :D

I will do that. :D

XDoomsayerX
02-10-2013, 01:23 PM
Finch last night with the gf was fucking amazinggg. What it is to Burn front to back and a dope encore! Wish You Were Here cover <333

ravenheart
02-11-2013, 11:03 AM
:lol: Local branch of the Masons having a function in the same hotel as Lordi doing a press day. Amazing looks. Half confused, half insulted.

RampinUp46
02-11-2013, 01:35 PM
I found this while searching for Megadeth covers for whatever reason and...this dude sounds almost exactly like Dave Mustaine (to me at least) - especially in the Holy Wars and Peace Sells covers. :eyes:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=scq_dnh9sAM

IrritatedTrout
02-11-2013, 02:01 PM
Got offered an internship position at a local research organization writing reports on Afghanistan in conjunction with NATO this summer.:) Unpaid, but I'll get experience and class credit out of it.

GarageMetal468
02-11-2013, 10:27 PM
You guys weren't kidding about Gojira live. Holy fuck.

John The Drummer
02-12-2013, 04:22 PM
You guys weren't kidding about Gojira live. Holy fuck.

Wish I was at Gojira rigth now... work is boring as shiz.

makethemsuffer12
02-12-2013, 10:50 PM
This upsets me, though part of me thinks Kerry is full of shit.

Kerry's a stronger rhythm player than Jeff. It only makes sense. It's not an uncommon thing for bands to do.

John The Drummer
02-13-2013, 01:20 PM
Tomahawk was amazing :drool:
I'll post a review some time tonight.

John The Drummer
02-13-2013, 01:41 PM
So I figured it's about time to come out and let everyone in on the OMG SUPER AWESOME COOL THING THAT MIGHT HAPPEN BUT PROBABLY WON'T that I was talking about last month...

I haven't been very active on FB for quite a long time, but I still log on occassionally to post band related junk and check my messages (at least I do when I have a computer :D )... but one day I logged on and had a message from ASHMEDI of MELECHESH.

He saw my drum cover of "Grand Gathas of Baal Sin" and really dug it, so much to the point that he reposted it on Melechesh's personal FB page...

But to get to the point of this post, he told me he was going to be in the US for a while and wanted me to come and jam with him .......... :eek: . It would involve traveling to where he was, which I am fine with, when I don't have so much going on in my life. I responded to him saying that it would be an honor, and tried to strike up a convo... but he never responded after the original message :(

So I am not sure if he just thought it'd be fun to jam since I know how to play some Melechesh songs, or more... but either way, that made me feel so awesome that one of my biggest musical idols asked me to jam :rocker:

slapguitarer
02-13-2013, 04:17 PM
http://www.themonolith.com/featured/cormorants-metazoa-the-album-commentary/

Cormorant did a really cool commentary for Metazoa. This was recorded back when Arthur was still in the group. If you have the time and like Cormorant, check it out. It's free.

dcmetal108
02-13-2013, 06:28 PM
Today was my day off but I still ended up working a near 9 hour shift since the pharmacy only had a pharmacist in today.

No biggie, wasn't too bad.

Sepultura69
02-13-2013, 08:10 PM
Have to get an MRI this coming friday. It will involve some gross iodine injected into my veins so the doctor can get a better picture at what they're "looking for". Had to get someone to cover my shift for friday as the doc said I will be dealing with gross side effects once the procedure is done. Kinda scared, kinda nervous, extremely paranoid. Hope everything turns out alright.....

On the bright side: I will be getting my ticket for Bolt Thrower the moment they go on sale in the afternoon on Friday so at least theres something to keep me a little on the positive side before I go to the Radiology center at 4pm.. :hecho:

Hope everything turns out alright... :hmm:

OraclesofAgony
02-13-2013, 09:55 PM
Have to get an MRI this coming friday. It will involve some gross iodine injected into my veins so the doctor can get a better picture at what they're "looking for". Had to get someone to cover my shift for friday as the doc said I will be dealing with gross side effects once the procedure is done. Kinda scared, kinda nervous, extremely paranoid. Hope everything turns out alright.....

On the bright side: I will be getting my ticket for Bolt Thrower the moment they go on sale in the afternoon on Friday so at least theres something to keep me a little on the positive side before I go to the Radiology center at 4pm.. :hecho:

Sorry to hear that, I hope everything goes well for you. And I'll be buying my Bolt Thrower ticket as well so I'll see you at the show! :D

hellawaits77ny
02-14-2013, 05:32 AM

That's standard for any nuclear medicine procedure.

Hope whatever they're searching for comes back negative, good luck.

mankvill
02-14-2013, 10:17 AM
happy valentines day, ya filthy animals

http://oi46.tinypic.com/34ew6mt.jpg

ravenheart
02-14-2013, 12:30 PM
:lol: Rex Brown has written a book.

John The Drummer
02-14-2013, 01:08 PM
GL WIZARD!

Anyone doing anything fun for V-Day? This is the first year in many that I am actually going out to dinner/just doing ANYTHING with someone :D

christopher
02-15-2013, 12:52 AM
After a shitty day at school and fighting with my gf, I had a pretty good Valentines Day. I had originally made plans to take her to a nice dinner at Disneyland yesterday but it didn't work out and all our plans went to shit. Around 3pm, we decided to go to a buffet at a casino near my school since everything else would have an intense wait. Well it turned out great! Only a 20 minute wait and I got to eat steak, ribs, orange chicken, shrimp, jalapeno pizza, mac n cheese, and salad and it all tasted great!! I wanted to get some lamb but I was too full haha. Other than reeking of smoke from the casino, I really enjoyed the adventure. I'm going to crash soon and by a Bolt Thrower ticket when I wake up. :D:party:

christopher
02-15-2013, 12:53 AM

damn bro, let me know how it goes, even if you just want to pm me. I'm down to talk about whatever you need to talk about. BT tickets tomorrow is a go!!

Onioner
02-15-2013, 02:21 AM
Thought I was going to spend today doing absolutely nothing, I ended up going to see the new Die Hard with my friend who's basically the coolest girl ever (and sadly not interested in dating me at all). I gotta say, watching a retardedly awesome action movie with an insanely cool girl was a pretty fun way of spending single awareness day. :D

Also count me in for the Bolt Thrower tickets tomorrow. I seriously hope to hell that this shit doesn't sell out in seconds.

XDoomsayerX
02-15-2013, 05:42 PM
Transit ticket purchased, also I guess I'm gonna see Bolt Thrower shout out to my nig OraclesofAgony for buying me a ticket. :D

mankvill
02-15-2013, 06:34 PM
Transit ticket purchased, also I guess I'm gonna see Bolt Thrower shout out to my nig OraclesofAgony for buying me a ticket. :D

Transit + Bolty would be a good show :3

John The Drummer
02-15-2013, 06:59 PM
Valentines day was absolutely amazing. Went out with a very special friend for Thai food, talked for the longest time, and yeah. Just good times :). She gave me the most amazing chocolates i have ever had, i think i spoiled my dinner :lol:

(no i am not with my GF who i used to post about, long story short, shit didnt work out.)

street_burial
02-16-2013, 08:21 AM
On my way to Philly for Gojira :party:

Ommie
02-16-2013, 08:25 AM
On my way to Philly for Gojira :party:
Bricks will be shat.

XDoomsayerX
02-16-2013, 06:00 PM
ETID!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:party:

Onioner
02-16-2013, 07:28 PM
At Soundgarden. The bus ride over was horrible, but at least I was able to grab a spot against one of the barriers. It isn't really that close, but I won't have to look over heads and I won't get squished from the front. I'm pretty psyched for when they finally go on though! I can't remember the last band I saw that did totally random setlists like Soundgarden's been doing.

Ommie
02-16-2013, 08:38 PM
ETID!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:party:
Bricks will be shat as well.

XDoomsayerX
02-17-2013, 01:43 AM
ETID was fucking epic and fun! Best show everrrr. 18 songs of bouncing,moshing, crowdsurfing, and singing into the mic. Floater as opener! :D:D:eek::party::drool::drool::drool::bowdown:

christopher
02-17-2013, 01:51 AM
ETID was fucking epic and fun! Best show everrrr. 18 songs of bouncing,moshing, crowdsurfing, and singing into the mic. Floater as opener! :D:D:eek::party::drool::drool::drool::bowdown:

I wanted to come over to hang out but couldn't. I almost hit you up. You need to come out to Master in April!

XDoomsayerX
02-17-2013, 01:59 AM
I wanted to come over to hang out but couldn't. I almost hit you up. You need to come out to Master in April!

Never heard of em. Shouldve gone to ETID foo such a blast :P

christopher
02-17-2013, 02:05 AM
Never heard of em. Shouldve gone to ETID foo such a blast :P

I dont know their music. You'll really dig Master.

mankvill
02-17-2013, 03:17 PM
http://oi49.tinypic.com/34y4uwo.jpg

MPF
02-17-2013, 03:54 PM
Just found out that my good friends in a local Minnesota Metal band, We Are Legion, is getting their new album mixed by J.F. of Kataklysm. I really hope that will help them get some good exposure.

RampinUp46
02-17-2013, 05:14 PM
No Neurosis for me tonight. Sucks, because I was actually looking forward to Rwake and Pain Teens (performing an EHG cover). :bouville:

Oh well. At least I got to meet Scott at Corrections House.

GarageMetal468
02-17-2013, 07:47 PM
Almost told 2 people I work with to fuck off today. Seriously, if you're gonna ask me to help you out, don't fuck around while I'm busting my ass for you. Luckily band practice afterwards was more than a success, so that made up for it.

ravenheart
02-18-2013, 04:24 AM
Does anyone know how to turn off ALL event invite notifications on Facebook?

MPF
02-18-2013, 12:37 PM

If you figure it out, tell me about it too.

John The Drummer
02-18-2013, 01:01 PM
My new GF is a bellydancer, so I went and saw her perform Saturday. Omg, it was absolutely amazing. She danced to a Blind Guardian song (forgot the title), and wow, it was phenominal, I still get chills when I think back to it. Then she did a dance with a live drummer, all improv, very awesome.

MPF
02-18-2013, 02:50 PM
My new GF is a bellydancer, so I went and saw her perform Saturday. Omg, it was absolutely amazing. She danced to a Blind Guardian song (forgot the title), and wow, it was phenomina, I still get chills when I think back to it. Then she did a dance with a live drummer, all improv, very awesome.

DO DO DODODO, PHENOMINA DO DODODO!

mankvill
02-18-2013, 03:12 PM

http://www.facebook.com/help/211763458854062/

try this

also to your most recent e-mail:

yes!

ravenheart
02-18-2013, 03:56 PM
http://www.facebook.com/help/211763458854062/

Nah, that won't do it. I knew how to do that already, I want to block event invites from EVERYONE.

There used to be an option for it under the privacy settings, but they've taken it away.

ravenheart
02-18-2013, 03:57 PM

I miss that show.

John The Drummer
02-18-2013, 04:26 PM

:lol:!!!!!!
Damn sticky keyboard.

TonyD
02-18-2013, 05:59 PM
So apparently Lordi is still a band, who knew.

Dextrimental
02-18-2013, 08:04 PM

They're playing a 600 person venue here. Gig has got a good buzz about it too.

I'm finishing a psychology essay. Good times.

ravenheart
02-19-2013, 01:58 AM
DAMNIT. Danzig's 25th anniversary London show is the same night I leave for Iron Maiden in Amsterdam :(

ravenheart
02-19-2013, 01:59 AM

Um... everyone else?

Met them last week. Very funny guys.

Same in London. They're playing the 1,200 capacity place they played after winning Eurovision. I don't think they'll sell it out, but it'll be a good crowd.

TonyD
02-19-2013, 02:43 AM

Um... everyone else?

Met them last week. Very funny guys.

Same in London. They're playing the 1,200 capacity place they played after winning Eurovision. I don't think they'll sell it out, but it'll be a good crowd.
Must be a European thing since Gwar doesn't play there often...

kalfitegrdan
02-19-2013, 05:02 AM

:lol: Yeah, I haven't heard anything about Lordi in years.

ravenheart
02-19-2013, 06:44 AM

Thank Christ.

There's been a gap between Lordi's fifth and sixth albums, and a lack of touring, because of line-up problems. They fired a drummer, got a replacement, he died suddenly (bizarre gardening accident, presumably), keyboard player left, etc.

Hence no touring or albums since 2010. Last year was their 20th anniversary, and was going to be a big year, but because of the above it didn't happen. It's all kind of happening this year instead. New album in March, European tour, festivals, then maybe a US tour.

IrritatedTrout
02-19-2013, 09:34 AM
Hence no touring or albums since 2010. Last year was their 20th anniversary, and was going to be a big year, but because of the above it didn't happen. It's all kind of happening this year instead. New album in March, European tour, festivals, then maybe a US tour.

:scared: They've been around for 20 years? :lol: I thought they started around 2005 or whatever when they won that song contest. Weird.

ravenheart
02-19-2013, 09:36 AM
:scared: They've been around for 20 years? :lol: I thought they started around 2005 or whatever when they won that song contest. Wird.

Yeah, been around 20 years but as their first album wasn't actually released, their commercial debut is only 10 years old. They won Eurovision with a song from their 3rd album.

Their proper first album has now been released as part of a compilation called 'Scarchives'.

XDoomsayerX
02-19-2013, 09:08 PM
Nothing like doing all the calculations for my Pchem lab report wrong. Its gonna be a fun night.

MPF
02-19-2013, 10:46 PM
:scared: They've been around for 20 years? :lol: I thought they started around 2005 or whatever when they won that song contest. Weird.

I'll be honest. I thought the same thing. But that does explain why they didn't know about GWAR.

mankvill
02-19-2013, 10:56 PM
Had such an amazing day today.

Also had Cherie Lily tweet at me on Twitter :3c

christopher
02-19-2013, 11:07 PM
Nothing like doing all the calculations for my Pchem lab report wrong. Its gonna be a fun night.

oh boy...have fun with that :tp:

dcmetal108
02-20-2013, 05:22 AM
Had such an amazing day today.

Also had Cherie Lily tweet at me on Twitter :3c

I can only assume this is someone related to J-Pop?

brutal_descent
02-20-2013, 07:15 PM
That marks the eighth member of this board that I've met irl. :D

dcmetal108
02-20-2013, 07:19 PM

Come to Chicago and come see a hardcore show with everyone.

christopher
02-20-2013, 07:48 PM

You're one ahead of me. I will be at 8 once Bolt Thrower comes cause I still have yet to meet Onioner.

RAZOR
02-20-2013, 08:00 PM

Aren't you supposed to come visit me and Moobys this summer too? :lovedup:

brutal_descent
02-20-2013, 08:30 PM
Aren't you supposed to come visit me and Moobys this summer too? :lovedup:

I'd love to, but I gotta figure out what and where my internship is going to be. Haven't found anything in Pittsburgh yet :(

slapguitarer
02-20-2013, 08:43 PM
Internship? Where at?

brutal_descent
02-20-2013, 08:47 PM
Internship? Where at?

Trying to find a law or writing internship to take this summer. Been looking at cities such as Boston, Pittsburgh and Chicago. Not much luck so far seeing as how many aren't for high school students.

GarageMetal468
02-20-2013, 08:49 PM

I'm at 12 right now!

dcmetal108
02-20-2013, 10:16 PM
I'm at 12 right now!

I'm at 4.

brutal_descent
02-20-2013, 10:25 PM
I'm at 12 right now!

Sure, but I haven't gone to MDF :finger:

MPF
02-20-2013, 10:30 PM
I'm at least at 2.

RAZOR
02-20-2013, 10:36 PM
I'd love to, but I gotta figure out what and where my internship is going to be. Haven't found anything in Pittsburgh yet :(

Aw, bummer. Hopefully you can find something here! :D

kalfitegrdan
02-20-2013, 11:01 PM
I think I've met five, maybe. Well, two people I knew before I came on here.

BloodoftheKings
02-20-2013, 11:02 PM
Lincoln was the 3rd not counting 2 members of this site I knew irl before I joined.

slapguitarer
02-20-2013, 11:51 PM
I've met 4 dudes. Lincoln, Tony, Onioner, and Wine.

mankvill
02-21-2013, 12:25 AM
smearCampaign
moobys
Nick_To_The_Face
Palabra De Dios (if that counts)

and then I've met a few dudes because of my blog

Onioner
02-21-2013, 05:35 AM
Trying to find a law or writing internship to take this summer. Been looking at cities such as Boston, Pittsburgh and Chicago. Not much luck so far seeing as how many aren't for high school students.

I'm not too sure what the law is like in those states, but in CA unpaid internships are only legal if the intern receives class credits in lieu of payment. That effectively eliminates high school students entirely. And are you old enough to take a paying job in any of those states? I remember I needed a work permit from school to have a job before I turned 16.

If you don't mind me asking, why on Earth are you looking for a law internship right now? That's the kind of thing an undergrad or post-bac goes for so that they look good for law school. Hell, if you stick with any old job for a year while you're in high school that'll look amazing on a college application haha.

ravenheart
02-21-2013, 06:18 AM
I've met one person from here :fist:

mastodon421
02-21-2013, 07:15 AM

Same, energymetal is the only one who has blessed been with my presence;)

DethMaiden
02-21-2013, 07:25 AM

:rocker:

I've met a few of y'all. Maybe seven or eight? Can't be bothered to count.

GarageMetal468
02-21-2013, 09:03 AM
Wait, now that I remember it's 15 :lol:

metallicbrian666 & kalfitegrdan (who I knew before I joined the site)
VoidFlame
John The Drummer
DethMaiden
moobys37
Natrlhi
masterguy49 (even though it was for a very brief time)
RAZOR
daimonos
jd091
dcmetal108
Jasonic
MPF
idrinkwine732

kalfitegrdan
02-21-2013, 09:15 AM
Wait, now that I remember it's 15 :lol:

metallicbrian666 & kalfitegrdan (who I knew before I joined the site)
VoidFlame
John The Drummer
DethMaiden
moobys37
Natrlhi
masterguy49 (even though it was for a very brief time)
RAZOR
daimonos
jd091
dcmetal108
Jasonic
MPF
idrinkwine732

I saw Jasonic's band twice, so that's almost the same as meeting him. :eyes:

Otherwise I knew you and metallicbrian before and I met JD, dcmetal and MPF.

energymetal14
02-21-2013, 09:20 AM
Same, energymetal is the only one who has blessed been with my presence;)

:D Just met Mastodon, all the MA people need to let me know what shows you're going to haha. And I better meet some of you at Maryland Deathfest! :horns:

dcmetal108
02-21-2013, 09:58 AM
I've just met

JD
Garagemetal
kalfitegden
and Chris (who worked at Mayhem Fest)

Though I've met JD a shit ton of times and Dan and Zach a couple times.

GarageMetal468
02-21-2013, 11:55 AM
I've just met

JD
Garagemetal
kalfitegden
and Chris (who worked at Mayhem Fest)

Though I've met JD a shit ton of times and Dan and Zach a couple times.

Oh yeah, forgot about Chris. Now it's 16!

And I see daimonos at a lot of shows now. Haven't seen jd since Agalloch and dcmetal since Mayhem Fest. Definitely looking forward to MDF this year and meeting any other members who I haven't met yet, as well as hanging out with the people I met last year. Seriously, John, find a way for you and your friends to go back, you guys are fucking hilarious.

John The Drummer
02-21-2013, 01:23 PM
Seriously, John, find a way for you and your friends to go back, you guys are fucking hilarious.

:lol: I'm glad we entertained some people :D
A lot of my friends will be going this year, I still really want to go, but it's just so rough with getting the time off at work. If I get the chance to steal someones tickets at a cheap price I may have to do it.

Guess I'll make my list...

GarageMetal468
RAZOR
masterguy49
VoidFlame
NecroRob
ImmortalEmperor
CreptorStatus (played a show with his band a couple weeks back :D)

... I think thats all :(

EDIT: Oh yeah, and I'm in a band with Palabra de Dios, but never met him... does that count in any way? :tongue:

IrritatedTrout
02-21-2013, 02:35 PM
Eric
Butcher of Birth
RAZOR
Jeremy Saal (don't remember his name here :lol)
RJTurtle
Maiden 33

I may have forgotten someone.

I was in the same concert hall as Ravenheart twice.;)

RampinUp46
02-22-2013, 12:39 AM
I've met Razor_Shark (before he joined the site), Chris_M_S, and smearCampaign.

If I've met anyone else, I wasn't aware of it.

ravenheart
02-22-2013, 03:16 AM
I was in the same concert hall as Ravenheart twice.;)

The Maiden/Cooper shows in Bristow and Camden?

IrritatedTrout
02-22-2013, 06:18 AM
Yep.

IrritatedTrout
02-22-2013, 07:55 AM
Trying to buy Jimmy Buffet tickets for my dad. Almost an hour of trying and I've only been offered one pair of tickets and they suck. What a joke. :lol:

christopher
02-22-2013, 05:58 PM
I just found out Aaron Carter is playing the Key Club for $15 in April. :lol:

Onioner
02-22-2013, 06:10 PM
I just found out Aaron Carter is playing the Key Club for $15 in April. :lol:

He can fill up the Key Club? I didn't think he had enough fans to fill the Viper Room let alone the Key Club!

christopher
02-22-2013, 06:11 PM
He can fill up the Key Club? I didn't think he had enough fans to fill the Viper Room let alone the Key Club!

I didn't even know that guy was still playing shows. I think the last album he released was in 2002. It would be weird seeing 25 year old Aaron singing about how he beat Shaq. :lol:

dcmetal108
02-22-2013, 09:40 PM
I didn't even know that guy was still playing shows. I think the last album he released was in 2002. It would be weird seeing 25 year old Aaron singing about how he beat Shaq. :lol:

He's playing Mojoes and for like $75 you can get a picture with him!

OraclesofAgony
02-22-2013, 10:08 PM

I forgot that Aaron Carter even existed.

mankvill
02-22-2013, 10:15 PM
http://i.minus.com/ibdPQvu2TCOZhr.gif

TonyD
02-23-2013, 12:13 AM
http://pmcmovieline.files.wordpress.com/2013/01/tommy-lee-jones-golden-globes.gif?w=630

GarageMetal468
02-23-2013, 06:58 AM
So overall, the Testament show fucking blew. Here's why:

- First off, fuck Milwaukee. The people there are inbred morons. Really made me appreciate Chicago a lot more.

- Flotsam & Jetsam were great, especially all the old songs they played (No Place for Disgrace and Hammerhead live :rocker::rocker:) but the new songs sucked a ton of dick. Wow. Giddy Up? Come on.

- Chuck Billy sounded like ass. Sure it was cool seeing some of the songs from The Legacy I haven't seen before but that was about it. At least Alex sounded awesome, and Gene was a beast as always.

- My friend had a seizure right next to me from Testament's strobe lights. 2 of our other friends and I carried him out to the lobby where security helped us out and called an ambulance. That was fucked up, seriously. I'm still in shock from it now. At least he got medical attention right away and he's doing a lot better now.

So yeah, I'm sure this show would've been a billion times better if my friend didn't have a seizure, it was in Chicago, and Overkill didn't drop.

IrritatedTrout
02-23-2013, 07:32 AM
This tour must really be taking it's toll on Chuck because he sounded great when I saw them a few weeks ago. Jesus, that sucks about your friend and the strobes.

John The Drummer
02-23-2013, 08:27 AM
Oh shit dude, thats scary about your friend. Glad he got the proper attention and is doing better.

So for the last few weeks some asshole in my neighborhood has been getting up at 4am on Saturday morning, revs up his motorcycle, and hauls ass down the street. Wakes me up every time. This morning he did it twice, its so loud that it REALLY wakes you up and makes you stay awake for a while. If this continues im going to slash his tires (k, not really, but at least ask him nicely to stop :) )

IrritatedTrout
02-23-2013, 09:24 AM
http://www.spscriptorium.com/williewestwood/FagNewDefinition.jpg
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/c/c0/SouthParkFags.png/250px-SouthParkFags.png

El Gordo
02-23-2013, 02:23 PM

- First off, fuck Milwaukee. The people there are inbred morons. Really made me appreciate Chicago a lot more.

- Flotsam & Jetsam were great, especially all the old songs they played (No Place for Disgrace and Hammerhead live :rocker::rocker:) but the new songs sucked a ton of dick. Wow. Giddy Up? Come on.

- Chuck Billy sounded like ass. Sure it was cool seeing some of the songs from The Legacy I haven't seen before but that was about it. At least Alex sounded awesome, and Gene was a beast as always.

- My friend had a seizure right next to me from Testament's strobe lights. 2 of our other friends and I carried him out to the lobby where security helped us out and called an ambulance. That was fucked up, seriously. I'm still in shock from it now. At least he got medical attention right away and he's doing a lot better now.

So yeah, I'm sure this show would've been a billion times better if my friend didn't have a seizure, it was in Chicago, and Overkill didn't drop.

Other than the seizure stuff (which I can totally see happening, those are some serious strobes), you had the same concert experience as I did... other than the inbred Milwaukeans of course. Flotsam's new stuff is total garbage. My one buddy had never heard them before and when they were playing the first song, "Ugly Noise" he kind of looked at me, like 'really?' Then they play "Iron Tears" and it's like a light turned on in his head! Chuck fucking sucked... I give him credit for trying, but seriously, with Overkill dropping off the tour completely and Testament not being able to perform to their full ability, they should just cancel and re-start once everyone is healthy.

RampinUp46
02-23-2013, 04:56 PM
So...I got to apply for a tattoo apprenticeship and got a price on a tattoo I've been wanting while I was at it (the four Dark Judges on my arm, which would run me up about $300), had a conversation with an HEB cart wrangler about the shitty state of the music industry, and found a guitar worth saving up for. Overall, I had a pretty good day.

This tour must really be taking it's toll on Chuck because he sounded great when I saw them a few weeks ago. Jesus, that sucks about your friend and the strobes.

:(

I agree with everything he said. I hope your friend is alright; that shit's fucked up...

Onioner
02-23-2013, 04:56 PM
It's too bad about Ugly Noise sucking so bad. After that whole PledgeMusic thing they did and reuniting most of the Doomsday lineup, I really wanted the album to be good. I still need to check out The Cold.

Spiner202
02-23-2013, 07:37 PM
I actually really enjoyed everything Flotsam played live. I have the feeling I wouldn't like the new stuff on the album, but it sounded heavy and I wasn't bored at all. I'm not sure I'd want to hear them play any longer than they did, but it was a good set in an otherwise disappointing night.

MPF
02-23-2013, 11:39 PM
Just got home from Testament, Flotsam And Jetsam, and 4Arm a little bit ago to find out that I am jamming with one of my biggest musical influences of all time on Friday night.

Hint hint....The End Is Begun!

IrritatedTrout
02-24-2013, 04:23 AM
How was Testament?

ravenheart
02-24-2013, 10:01 AM
Just got home from Testament, Flotsam And Jetsam, and 4Arm a little bit ago to find out that I am jamming with one of my biggest musical influences of all time on Friday night.

Hint hint....The End Is Begun!

So, someone from Three then...

energymetal14
02-24-2013, 05:40 PM

Wow, that is super scary, hope your friend is doing better. Hearing these reviews, I'm glad I passed on this tour, even though Overkill hadn't dropped yet at that point.

Oh yeah, and the Iron Reagan show was so much fun! Ramming Speed was amazing as always, and Meth Valley was cool. Draize was intense, they definitely surprised me. Crowd was really energetic too, all around awesome time!

dcmetal108
02-24-2013, 09:09 PM
Can anyone find me a video of the drummer of Murder Junkies sticking the drum sticks up his ass? I have a friend who I just introduced to GG and he doesn't believe this whole drummer thing.

MPF
02-24-2013, 10:35 PM
Can anyone find me a video of the drummer of Murder Junkies sticking the drum sticks up his ass? I have a friend who I just introduced to GG and he doesn't believe this whole drummer thing.

It's easy to find, just Google 'Gay Porn', same thing!

Ommie
02-24-2013, 10:39 PM
Knowing the internet there's probably a website dedicated entirely to that.

Also, I just saw H2O and Terror tonight. Fucking intense show, had a great time.

kalfitegrdan
02-24-2013, 10:43 PM

Yeah, all this. I assume the inbreds that you're referring to are all the dudes that were like throwing their elbows and just being general retards. That was fucked up and scary hearing about him having a seizure. Glad to hear that he's doing better though.

MPF
02-24-2013, 11:48 PM
So, someone from Three then...

Yup, Joey Eppard.

We are playing a special one off gig on Friday night. I am sure I will have both audio and video versions of the show starting Saturday. I can't talk about it too much as it is a secret show right now, But Josh Eppard was suppose to be playing this, he can't because of Coheed and Cambria, and Joey asked me if I was interested in Jamming. I immediately said FUCK YES!!!! So that night I am officially an Eppard....Josh Eppard. :lol:

Tomorrow he is sending me the set of what songs to play, or at least have an idea on how to play. A lot of it will be Improv, blues type jamming, and his own songs.

As far as Testament, unlike the Milwaukee show that garage had a problem with, every band was on fire. But I'll save that for my review. Along with the Meshuggah show that happened tonight.

JRA
02-25-2013, 07:29 PM
Sinister_Chalupa's sig. Holy dogshit! :lol:

treghet
02-25-2013, 10:32 PM
I have my doubts, but hopefully this will finally happen.

Call it the Teutonic Big 3 if you will, but plans are in the works to possibly bring Destruction to the U.S. with German thrash legends Sodom and Kreator. Vocalist and bassist Schmier stated to The Gauntlet "I hope the other guys are ready to do it. If not, the fans are going to be pissed. It is about time to do it. It isn't up to us. We are willing to do it. Sodom and Kreator need to just find a solution for them."

Schmier went on to say "Everything is clear. Kreator want to do it, Sodom want to do it. But everyone wants to do it in different ways. One guy wants to play a lot of shows, the other just several shows. Destruction will do it either way."

Regardless, Destruction will be playing a few U.S. dates in September 2013.

Destruction released "Spritual Genocide" earlier this month on Nuclear Blast Records.

http://www.thegauntlet.com/article/498/27403/DESTRUCTION-Frontman-Discusses-Possible-U.S.-Tour-With-SODOM-And-KREATOR

mankvill
02-25-2013, 10:36 PM
They're doing a Teutonic Big 4 at a fest in Germany...don't remember which one. But it's Kreator/Sodom/Destruction/Tankard.

MPF
02-25-2013, 11:25 PM
Having Sodom on a U.S. tour would require.....having Sodom on a U.S. tour.

ravenheart
02-26-2013, 03:40 AM
So in other words, they've gotten no further than Spring last year.

The situation is this:

Schmier will do whatever.
Mille wants to tour for six weeks minimum and hit as many cities as possible.
Tom will only tour for a maximum of three weeks because he doesn't want to be away from home any longer than that.

To me the answer is simple, do several three-week stints at different times of the year so Tom can go home in between. Might be more expensive with multiple flights, but unless they can change either Tom or Mille's mind, that's the only way I can see it working.

ravenheart
02-26-2013, 03:40 AM
They're doing a Teutonic Big 4 at a fest in Germany...don't remember which one. But it's Kreator/Sodom/Destruction/Tankard.

Beastival.

energymetal14
02-26-2013, 09:17 AM

http://www.thegauntlet.com/article/498/27403/DESTRUCTION-Frontman-Discusses-Possible-U.S.-Tour-With-SODOM-And-KREATOR

This needs to happen. Now that it has been thrown out there I will be bummed if it doesn't happen haha. But I have my doubts too.

OraclesofAgony
02-27-2013, 12:00 AM

That does need to happen since I haven't seen any of them live.

mankvill
02-27-2013, 12:05 AM

The situation is this:

Tom will only tour for a maximum of three weeks because he doesn't want to be away from home any longer than that.

To me the answer is simple, do several three-week stints at different times of the year so Tom can go home in between. Might be more expensive with multiple flights, but unless they can change either Tom or Mille's mind, that's the only way I can see it working.

Onkel Tom is being a stingy old fart.

christopher
02-27-2013, 12:10 PM
Submitting an application right now to get a job that will actually use my upcoming physics degree!! I really hope I get the job!! :D

El Gordo
02-27-2013, 05:09 PM

The situation is this:

I say fuck Sodom then. Kreator/Destruction sounds pretty good to me.

Spiner202
02-27-2013, 05:12 PM
Didn't Destruction say they were done touring North America after their last one had so many problems?

christopher
02-27-2013, 05:15 PM
Didn't Destruction say they were done touring North America after their last one had so many problems?

Yeah, they did say that. I'm sure if they can make this tour happen, then they will want to come back cause this tour will make them money.

IrritatedTrout
02-27-2013, 05:25 PM
I don't see why he can't stay away from home for longer than three weeks just one time if it means a pretty good paycheck, which I think it would.

treghet
02-27-2013, 06:09 PM
I say fuck Sodom then. Kreator/Destruction sounds pretty good to me.

Except Sodom is easily the most exciting part of the lineup.

Bengals279
02-27-2013, 07:10 PM
I missed the kreator and accept tour. So this would make up for it, and seeing kreator and sodom in one night would be unbelievable:eek:

ravenheart
02-28-2013, 04:49 AM
Why won't Facebook remember that I want things sorted by "most recent"? Sorting by some kind of skewed popularity of posts that has no relevance to what I actually want to see is useless.

brutal_descent
02-28-2013, 09:47 AM

Pretty much.

adamclark52
02-28-2013, 01:26 PM
Recovering, I had a vasectomy about seven hours ago.:party:

energymetal14
02-28-2013, 01:29 PM

Yeah, Kreator/Destruction would be awesome, but Sodom would be the main draw by far for me.

ravenheart
02-28-2013, 01:43 PM
So Flickr can go fuck themselves.

John The Drummer
02-28-2013, 04:53 PM
Man.... fuck Best Buy.

Less than a year ago I got my new computer, and decided to get the extended 2 year warranty on it for around $130, just to be safe. As some of you may have read from my bitching on here, I smacked my screen with a drumstick ON ACCIDENT, thus causing the screen to break.

I finally took my laptop in today to see what could be done. Turns out that $130 warranty I bought really doesn't cover shit, and not even the manufacturer warranty covers accidental damage (which is understandable). The customer service guy didn't even offer their repair services, and just said "Sorry, man" and sent me on my way. See if I ever support that company anymore.

Now I need to figure out what to do. There is a computer repair shop a few blocks from my work, I may swing by there and see how much it'll cost for a screen replacement. I may just stop by a 2nd hand store and pick up a screen for cheap and just use that.

I really hate technology -__-

IrritatedTrout
02-28-2013, 08:12 PM
Why won't Facebook remember that I want things sorted by "most recent"? Sorting by some kind of skewed popularity of posts that has no relevance to what I actually want to see is useless.

It is annoying.

kalfitegrdan
02-28-2013, 10:38 PM
Man, this week has killed me. Between moving out of my apartment and work I've only gotten twenty four hours sleep in the past five days. Can't wait to sleep all day tomorrow! :party:

El Gordo
03-01-2013, 05:48 AM
Recovering, I had a vasectomy about seven hours ago.:party:

Bravo, sir!

Onioner
03-01-2013, 11:03 AM
I've been pulling 1-2 all nighters every week doing school shit for the past 2 months and it's been pure hell. Today after my hardest and batshit craziest week of the quarter I'm gonna treat myself to an Amoeba raid, In n Out and some television. Life is great :D

MPF
03-01-2013, 11:30 PM
One of the best nights I will ever have!!!

I was keeping it all a secret, but I was Jammed tonight with Joey and Jimmy Eppard tonight in Rochester, MN at Kathy's Pub for Joey's Grandfather's Surprise 80 Birthday Party, which is why I couldn't announce it publicly.

We played 2 sets, one of Classic Blues covers selected by Jimmy Eppard., then Joey did a few songs by himself, then we came back in to do some 3 songs and finally ending with Prince's Purple Rain.

I got both sets audio recorded, but only the blues one video recorded. I will just stick to the audio version this time around. It was absolutely one of the best nights of my life. I can't thank the Eppard family enough for letting me be part of this special night.

As long as it sounds good, Audio to come later!

dcmetal108
03-02-2013, 05:45 PM
Just got word that 3 more venues in Chicago are no banning / no longer booking Hardcore shows at all. The Viaduct (where the Casey Jones final tour went and Code Orange Kids played recently), the Subterranean (where Trash Talk played), and the Beat Kitchen (where Trapped Under Ice) played. Even though all those hardcore shows made the place nearly sold out for all hardcore shows the venues won't book them anymore because they just see hardcore shows as being violent.

That leaves 3 venues in Chicago to book hardcore shows that being Bottomlounge (which only books high level bands like Terror or The Rumble hardcore fest), Cobra Lounge (which is 21+ and which is where most hardcore shows will be at now), and Reggies (which will NEVER NEVER NEVER allow diving or surfing or anything in that nature).

So in short, the Chicago venue system fucking sucks.

mankvill
03-03-2013, 10:49 PM
According to setlist.fm, Metallica is now ending their Soundwave shows with a "Frayed Ends Of Sanity jam"

FUCKING JUST PLAY IT ALREADY DAMN

christopher
03-03-2013, 11:15 PM
According to setlist.fm, Metallica is now ending their Soundwave shows with a "Frayed Ends Of Sanity jam"

FUCKING JUST PLAY IT ALREADY DAMN

I bet they'll debut it at Orion.

MPF
03-03-2013, 11:52 PM
Metallica has been doing the Frayed Ends Of Sanity Jam since the first Justice tour, why would they start playing the whole thing now?

christopher
03-04-2013, 12:49 AM
I just found out Brendon Small played the Roxy tonight!! That would have be epic...

christopher
03-04-2013, 01:57 AM
I wish I had a friend who knew how to play the drums really good. I want to do a grind band. I got sick vocals and can do the guitar/bass, but no skill at drums.

ravenheart
03-04-2013, 05:19 AM
Andi Deris is doing a new solo album that's "rather heavy" but has no speed metal on it? Yes please. Twelve tracks like 'Mirror Mirror', Andi. Thanks.

ravenheart
03-04-2013, 02:49 PM
Magica on vinyl for Record Store Day? Guarantee it won't be available here :(

John The Drummer
03-04-2013, 05:07 PM
Magica on vinyl for Record Store Day? Guarantee it won't be available here :(

AW SNAP. I forgot about Record Store Day. I missed last years... I"ll make sure to not miss years... its in April, right?

ravenheart
03-05-2013, 04:39 AM
AW SNAP. I forgot about Record Store Day. I missed last years... I"ll make sure to not miss years... its in April, right?

Yep. I want to say 20th, but that might not be true.

DethMaiden
03-05-2013, 06:28 AM
Yep. I want to say 20th, but that might not be true.

Yes, it's the 20th. I'm the only person in my office not tearing my hair out about it right now. Digital music ftw. ;)

ravenheart
03-05-2013, 07:27 AM
Yes, it's the 20th. I'm the only person in my office not tearing my hair out about it right now. Digital music ftw. ;)

No hair to begin with ftw as well, presumably ;)

On the subject of Record Store Day, I don't know how big the take up is over there, but here it's always going to fail until more record stores actually bother taking part. In central London I'm basically surrounded by record stores within easy travel at lunchtimes, but there aren't any I can get to during the day that are actually carrying the exclusive product.

IrritatedTrout
03-05-2013, 07:47 AM
On the Record Store day website it lists all these stores that are supposedly participating but it seems like none of them round me ever actually have any of the product. Often times they don't even know about certain things when I ask if they'll be carrying them. So I've never done a Record Store day.

Spiner202
03-05-2013, 06:39 PM
Although it partially defeats the point of Record Store Day, Divebomb records is reissuing the first two Scanner albums for that day :D

Onioner
03-06-2013, 03:24 AM
Although it partially defeats the point of Record Store Day, Divebomb records is reissuing the first two Scanner albums for that day :D

HOLY FUCK.

Dude are you serious? I am fucking all over this shit if this is true.

ravenheart
03-06-2013, 09:51 AM
Alvin Lee died? :(

ravenheart
03-06-2013, 09:52 AM
On the Record Store day website it lists all these stores that are supposedly participating but it seems like none of them round me ever actually have any of the product. Often times they don't even know about certain things when I ask if they'll be carrying them. So I've never done a Record Store day.

Yeah, basically this. Every year I have no idea where I can actually get any of the stuff.

They should make them available online ;)

MPF
03-06-2013, 02:33 PM
Starting orientation for my dirst day of my second job tonight in a half hour.

That's right, if I wasn't busy enough, it turns out you need money to live on. :tongue:

Spiner202
03-06-2013, 04:45 PM
HOLY FUCK.

Dude are you serious? I am fucking all over this shit if this is true.

Yup. I'd say Divebomb is by far the best record label for reissues these days. They are re-releasing one of Grinder's records sometime this year, along with Crow's only record.

Here's their confirmed upcoming releases and past ones: http://www.divebombrecords.com/site/releases/

mankvill
03-06-2013, 07:03 PM
Guys. Real serious talk:

Do I want to drive 1 1/2 hours and pay a (admittedly small) toll to go to Topeka on Saturday to see 5 bands + Master for $10?

or

Do I want to drive 30 minutes to Kansas City to go to a DIY venue to see Handguns + State Champs play for probably $2 or less?

I think I would have about the same amount of fun at each show.

BloodoftheKings
03-06-2013, 07:21 PM
Guys. Real serious talk:

Do I want to drive 1 1/2 hours and pay a (admittedly small) toll to go to Topeka on Saturday to see 5 bands + Master for $10?

or

Do I want to drive 30 minutes to Kansas City to go to a DIY venue to see Handguns + State Champs play for probably $2 or less?

I'm not too familiar with Master but don't they rarely tour? I'd see them if it's unlikely you'll get another chance but go to the cheaper/more convenient show otherwise.

christopher
03-06-2013, 07:46 PM
Guys. Real serious talk:

or

Go see Master. This is the third time they have toured the states in the last 15 years or so. Speckmann is getting old and may not have it in him to come back much more. You know you want to hear them Human Machine songs. Plus, I told you if you don't go, we aren't friends anymore.

dcmetal108
03-06-2013, 07:49 PM
Guys. Real serious talk:

or

You know Handguns will be awesomely crazy.

XDoomsayerX
03-07-2013, 09:21 PM
Guys. Real serious talk:

or

Just catch Handguns at warped along with TSSF,TWY,Motion City Soundtrack,...:tongue:

mankvill
03-08-2013, 09:10 PM
Not gonna bother making a setlist thread for this, but here's my little review of the show for........

...Handguns:

First band was called Forget About Tomorrow from Salina. They all looked like kids and they put on a really bad performance. Like, they were horribly off-key a lot. If they practice more I'm sure they'd be better.

Next band was Embrace This Day. Straight-up br00t4l deathcore. It had a really good tone and the vocalist and bass player were awesome, but very generic.

After them was another deathcore/beatdown hardcore band called Conflicts who are actually pretty big around here. Again, just pretty straight-forward deathcore but it sounded a bit lamer than Embrace This Day.

First touring band was State Champs and they just launched right into their brand of pop punk and it was so refreshing. They sound a lot like The Story So Far and had everyone jumping along.

Handguns headlined and killed it. Huge crowd for them and everyone was singing and jumping and moshing and it was so much fun. Unfortunately they blew a fuse halfway through their song I Hope He Kills You, so they played two more songs without mics, but the crowd sang along really loudly and it was still tits. It was a good night!

dcmetal108
03-08-2013, 09:57 PM
First touring band was State Champs and they just launched right into their brand of pop punk and it was so refreshing. They sound a lot like The Story So Far and had everyone jumping along.

Handguns headlined and killed it. Huge crowd for them and everyone was singing and jumping and moshing and it was so much fun. Unfortunately they blew a fuse halfway through their song I Hope He Kills You, so they played two more songs without mics, but the crowd sang along really loudly and it was still tits. It was a good night!

So jelly you go to see State Champs and that sounds like it'd be awesome to see. Everyone singing to replace the band, thats great.

christopher
03-09-2013, 02:18 AM
Not gonna bother making a setlist thread for this, but here's my little review of the show for........

...Handguns:

First band was called Forget About Tomorrow from Salina. They all looked like kids and they put on a really bad performance. Like, they were horribly off-key a lot. If they practice more I'm sure they'd be better.

Next band was Embrace This Day. Straight-up br00t4l deathcore. It had a really good tone and the vocalist and bass player were awesome, but very generic.

After them was another deathcore/beatdown hardcore band called Conflicts who are actually pretty big around here. Again, just pretty straight-forward deathcore but it sounded a bit lamer than Embrace This Day.

bastard. You probably won't ever see Master after that.

brutal_descent
03-09-2013, 02:21 AM

Precisely. Nice job

John The Drummer
03-09-2013, 09:31 AM
Celebrated my 3 months of no drinking by playing a house party with my side band last night :lol:
it was fun, i guess, but i dunno, i just dont fit in with that "scene" really. i played on this tiny set too... one bass drum, 4 cymbals (2 of which were impossible to play), 2 toms, and nothing holding down said cymbals so they would wobble like a muthafugga.

anyway, got my laptop back finally so i can OMG USE FB AGAIN... yet i am using the xbox app to post this :)

mankvill
03-09-2013, 10:39 AM

o 3o that doesn't upset me so much

llama lom
03-11-2013, 02:02 PM
Enjoying my time off from school.

IrritatedTrout
03-11-2013, 09:27 PM
Working every day of my spring break.

smearCampaign
03-12-2013, 01:54 PM
The company that was my full time client went out of business this morning. So until I find some more jobs I have no income, with no warning or severance pay. I'm so glad we didn't put an offer in on the house we were looking at.

Anyone need a website/graphic design work or want to buy a Maryland Death Fest ticket? Full pass, both venues. I only want face value.

DethMaiden
03-12-2013, 02:00 PM
The company that was my full time client went out of business this morning. So until I find some more jobs I have no income, with no warning or severance pay. I'm so glad we didn't put an offer in on the house we were looking at.

Anyone need a website/graphic design work or want to buy a Maryland Death Fest ticket? Full pass, both venues. I only want face value.

Sorry to hear that, dude. Freelancing rules until it doesn't. You'll land on your feet. :light:

smearCampaign
03-12-2013, 02:03 PM
Sorry to hear that, dude. Freelancing rules until it doesn't. You'll land on your feet. :light:

Thanks man. I'll just hand out a ton of business cards at SXSW this week. :D

dcmetal108
03-13-2013, 09:23 AM
https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/602924_486214684767121_1800986209_n.jpg

IrritatedTrout
03-13-2013, 08:13 PM

kalfitegrdan
03-14-2013, 12:56 AM
:lol: I saw that the other day on Facebook.

ravenheart
03-14-2013, 06:46 AM
Do I want to spend 20 to see Saint Vitus again on Sunday, having seen them three times in the last three years?

mankvill
03-14-2013, 11:03 AM
http://25.media.tumblr.com/b4c7a275dcc959ebb019a8b305329311/tumblr_mjkoe1Sy6y1qlopyto2_250.gif

http://25.media.tumblr.com/2adb8315a3acc45f01972ed9a50f9435/tumblr_mjixb8zTZO1rwdwvpo4_250.gif

http://25.media.tumblr.com/19099fa685a4ef8fbb8f821fa9e71d5b/tumblr_mjl1ghI5wl1qlopyto2_250.gif

my future wife :lovedup:

mankvill
03-14-2013, 11:04 AM
Do I want to spend 20 to see Saint Vitus again on Sunday, having seen them three times in the last three years?

YES!

Because for some reason they love playing stuff off their first album in Europe but not here. :I :I :I

ravenheart
03-14-2013, 11:18 AM
YES!

Because for some reason they love playing stuff off their first album in Europe but not here. :I :I :I

This seems to be what they're playing on this tour:

Blessed Night
I Bleed Black
War Is Our Destiny
Look Behind You
Let Them Fall
The Bleeding Ground
Patra (Petra)
The Troll
The Waste of Time
White Stallions
Thirsty and Miserable
Dying Inside
Born Too Late

mankvill
03-14-2013, 11:29 AM
This seems to be what they're playing on this tour:

Blessed Night
I Bleed Black
War Is Our Destiny
Look Behind You
Let Them Fall
The Bleeding Ground
Patra (Petra)
The Troll
The Waste of Time
White Stallions
Thirsty and Miserable
Dying Inside
Born Too Late

Well I'm biased because I'm a huge Saint Vitus fanboi, but The Troll and Thirsty And Miserable included would be awesome. What's up with these fools not playing Saint Vitus every show :I

MPF
03-14-2013, 11:35 AM
My day off work from my first full week of my second job and I'm still sick as hell. I'm healthy enough to move around and stuff but any time I lay down it all comes back. It sucks!

I better not have to miss Nile on Saturday because of it.

RampinUp46
03-14-2013, 12:03 PM

Yes. Yes you do.

John The Drummer
03-16-2013, 01:44 PM
2 Words...
Gnarly Ass Sinus Infection :bouville:

Haven't had one this bad for a LONG time. Was driving around, sneezed, felt something come up, went to spit it out.... nothing in my mouth... GIANT BROWN YELLOW MUCUS ALL ON MY HAND! :D

K, continue with your day :)

moobys37
03-16-2013, 01:46 PM
Booked Cobalt this morning.

christopher
03-16-2013, 01:57 PM
Patra (Petra)
The Troll

You should go for those at least. They haven't played the Troll out here in a few years. I have never seen them do Patra (Petra). I've seen the rest of that setlist you posted. I'm still bummed they decided to drop White Magic, Black Magic a few years back.