PDA

View Full Version : The Official 'What Are You Doing' Thread Part VI

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21

smearCampaign
12-28-2012, 06:44 AM
I'm cool with an EP list. There had been a ton of great ones this year.

John The Drummer
12-28-2012, 12:40 PM
I was just restocking our tire chains at work... until I realized something...

Every package contains...

2 CHAINZ

RampinUp46
12-28-2012, 01:46 PM
The EP list sounds like a good idea.

mastodon421
12-28-2012, 04:02 PM
I was just restocking our tire chains at work... until I realized something...

Every package contains...

2 CHAINZ
:lol:

XDoomsayerX
12-28-2012, 06:27 PM
Touche fans! Also get to witness awesomeness that occurs at Chain Reaction, I will be there tomorrow. :D

http://www.electricvenue.com/#/chain-reaction/4554248863

mankvill
12-28-2012, 06:27 PM
For EP list, I thought about limiting lists to 5, then doing a top 10 results.

slapguitarer
12-28-2012, 06:45 PM
For EP list, I thought about limiting lists to 5, then doing a top 10 results.

Works perfect for me.

RampinUp46
12-28-2012, 08:47 PM
Okay, now that Dave Mustaine bitched out Men's Wearhouse, I'm seriously considering taking bets on what he gets pissed off at next ($5 says it involves a Denny's in some way).

...This really speaks volumes about how much free time I have over the holidays.

dcmetal108
12-28-2012, 09:27 PM
Okay, now that Dave Mustaine bitched out Men's Wearhouse, I'm seriously considering taking bets on what he gets pissed off at next ($5 says it involves a Denny's in some way).

...This really speaks volumes about how much free time I have over the holidays.

Explain

brutal_descent
12-28-2012, 09:47 PM
Explain

Men’s Warehouse

Droogies,

I know that not all of you have the kind of job that requires a suit, or wear a suit when you (if you) go to any kind of faith-based service, court date, wedding or funeral, but if you do…you are going to want to read this. You know me, I don’t complain much in writing, but I gotta get this off my chest.

A few days before Christmas I purchased a gift certificate from the Men’s Warehouse in Salt Lake City, Utah as a gift for our awesome tour manager Jim Carroccio. You know the Men’s Warehouse…the old geezer with the voice that sound like he has chain-smoked since he was a fetus; the one that espouses, “I absolutely guarantee you’re gonna like the way you look,” or some manure like that, right?

Well, I was talking to Jim today and wondering why he didn’t say anything (I think we all wonder sometimes when our loved ones or friends get gifts if they actually like them) and it turns out that they decided to hold my order, otherwise called by them as “pending,” and told no one. For almost 9 days now I have been waiting for delivery of this gift certificate, and I wouldn’t say anything because it IS the holidays, but these salesmen promised that they would GUARANTEE a two-day delivery of the certificate to Jim (it seems they throw this word GUARANTEE around quite a lot).

So, we called and asked what happened and they have no explanation whatsoever, they didn’t care, and when we asked if they were going to do anything to remedy this, they made no effort whatsoever for this mix-up…although they did promise me the same GUARANTEE that they gave me when I bought it; that is that they will send it “two-day delivery,” but I already was promised this. Maybe they mean 12 day delivery.

I really think that it sucks when people make false claims, that they don’t care to make good on a problem that is clearly their fault, and with all of the “ABSOLUTELY GUARANTEE IT” crap I just had to say something. We are all living in very tight financial times right now, and like I said, you may not wear a suit for your job or for an event or occasion, but if you do, I would strongly recommend you wear someone else’s suits. Go to Jos. A Bank instead. I for one, will never set foot in a Men’s Warehouse, even for shelter from a blizzard.

I absolutely GUARANTEE it.

Dave Mustaine

John The Drummer
12-28-2012, 10:00 PM
dave obviously didnt like the way he looked...

ravenheart
12-29-2012, 03:23 AM
You know me, I don’t complain much in writing

Really Dave, have you actually read anything you've written?

XDoomsayerX
12-29-2012, 04:57 PM
Last show for me today, Touche Amore! Omg sooo pumped! :D:party::drool:

John The Drummer
12-29-2012, 06:43 PM
Just uploaded 3 new drum demo's for the band I will be recording for in January.

http://www.youtube.com/user/johnthedrummer88

Natrlhi
12-29-2012, 08:32 PM
:bawling: :blah::blah::blah: :bawling:Really, Dave? All of the injustices in this world that happen every day, and this is what you decide to spend your time bitching about? Seriously?

Fucking twat.

Oh, and the guarantee at Men's Wearhouse is that you're gonna love the way you look, not that the third party service they use to deliver gift certificates won't get backed up and fuck up a little during the holidays.

Yet another reason why I've never been able to get down with Megadeth. Dave is one of the whiniest motherfuckers on the planet. Period.

Onioner
12-29-2012, 09:08 PM
Currently assisting with the recording of the first full length from Dimesland, a technical progressive metal band out of Oakland. 3 of their 4 members are in Wild Hunt, another avantegardish metal band from the bay. I think some of you dudes will like it, there are new crazyass riffs every few seconds. Kinda like Voivod on steroids with some blast beats thrown in and some black metal riffs here and there. It's good stuff so far!

slapguitarer
12-29-2012, 10:41 PM
I'll check Dimesland out right now. I listened to that Wild Hunt album earlier this year. It was pretty good.

dcmetal108
12-29-2012, 10:48 PM
Just found out that one of my best friends from my old town just found out his gf is pregnant. He's 21, lives at home, works part time at a bagel shop, and gets high nonstop. She just got out of high school last year.

Thank god I lost all contact with him because his shit just hit the fan.

John The Drummer
12-30-2012, 08:14 AM
Just found out that one of my best friends from my old town just found out his gf is pregnant. He's 21, lives at home, works part time at a bagel shop, and gets high nonstop. She just got out of high school last year.

Thank god I lost all contact with him because his shit just hit the fan.
sounds like everyone i went to highschool with.

RampinUp46
12-30-2012, 02:50 PM
sounds like everyone i went to highschool with.

Sounds like everyone I currently go to high school with. :eyes:

dcmetal108
12-30-2012, 02:59 PM
Senior year I had a girl who like 15 in my class who got knocked up. I was like fucking really!

Ommie
12-30-2012, 05:09 PM
Back in high school there was this big controversy over how this sophomore girl spread gonorrhea to like five other guys.

Now that I think about it, I really am glad to be out of high school. I didn't hate my experience but god damn did I want out by the end.

MPF
12-30-2012, 05:39 PM
That's the best you guys got? :lol:

I graduated in a class of 42 kids, and 22 of them are female. I graduated in 2007, 5 years later there is already 25 kids born from my class. One girl is in first place with 5 kids.

brutal_descent
12-30-2012, 05:43 PM
Reason #454643 for why I'm glad to be a Euro

ravenheart
12-31-2012, 04:31 AM
Reason #454643 for why I'm glad to be a Euro

A semi-Euro. The rest of us don't really include your kind ;)

ravenheart
12-31-2012, 04:32 AM
Senior year I had a girl who like 15 in my class who got knocked up. I was like fucking really!

That's not common?

dcmetal108
12-31-2012, 04:52 AM
That's not common?

I should of noted that she was white. So that is pretty uncommon around me.

Most the girls that get knocked up are Mexican.

ravenheart
12-31-2012, 05:50 AM
I should of noted that she was white. So that is pretty uncommon around me.

Most the girls that get knocked up are Mexican.

Interesting... no one bats an eyelid when it happens here. Unless it's a private school.

brutal_descent
12-31-2012, 08:06 AM
A semi-Euro. The rest of us don't really include your kind ;)

Fair enough ;)

mastodon421
12-31-2012, 08:44 AM
God damn apparently my town has their shit together because there is only 1 girl that I know of from my graduating class that has a kid right now:lol:

RampinUp46
12-31-2012, 11:49 AM
God damn apparently my town has their shit together because there is only 1 girl that I know of from my graduating class that has a kid right now:lol:

I can only think of two people who have children at my school (and this is before graduation).

...I can only imagine what it's going to be like a few years from now. :eyes:

elturtleboy
12-31-2012, 02:29 PM
Im using the internet on my own computer,ABOUT FUCKING TIME.

now to rebuild my music collection...:bouville:

IrritatedTrout
12-31-2012, 02:48 PM
Working a 14 hour shift tomorrow.:hecho:

XDoomsayerX
12-31-2012, 03:51 PM
I fucked myself this winter break. Procrastination=my best friend :hecho:

rjturtle9
12-31-2012, 03:53 PM
I fucked myself this winter break.

That's cool bro.

:eyes:

John The Drummer
12-31-2012, 04:57 PM
I fucked myself this winter break. Masterbation=my best friend :hecho:

Fix'd

RampinUp46
12-31-2012, 10:04 PM
Happy new year from the Central Time Zone.

Fix'd

*Masturbation :lol:

John The Drummer
01-01-2013, 07:51 AM
*Masturbation :lol:

:eyes: i knew that..... :eyes:

Onioner
01-01-2013, 03:03 PM
So I know I bitched a ton about possibly missing Neurosis. Well I had a free ticket to their New Year's show last night, and I didn't go. Instead I had a really fun and chill night with a few friends. I hate to get all sappy and shit, but I figured that I only get to hang with friends at home only a few times a year and who knows when I might see them again when I'm out of college. Neurosis will come by again for sure, but I only get to hang with Bay Area friends for a little while longer. End cheesyass storytime.

Also driving to and from downtown Oakland on New Year's night probably would have been one of the most moronic things I could ever do lol.

GarageMetal468
01-01-2013, 04:48 PM
Working a 14 hour shift tomorrow.:hecho:

Did that 2 Sundays ago. Also was drinking and saw Macabre the night before, that was a brutal fucking day. Got $200 from it though :D

mankvill
01-01-2013, 08:16 PM
Shiiiiit. Looks like the one medium-sized venue in Kansas City where I saw most of my shows just unexpectedly closed today. Really sucks, although I kind of get it. Kansas City isn't exactly a huge market for most bands. I hope a few more smaller venues pop up.

christopher
01-02-2013, 01:45 AM
So I know I bitched a ton about possibly missing Neurosis. Well I had a free ticket to their New Year's show last night, and I didn't go. Instead I had a really fun and chill night with a few friends. I hate to get all sappy and shit, but I figured that I only get to hang with friends at home only a few times a year and who knows when I might see them again when I'm out of college. Neurosis will come by again for sure, but I only get to hang with Bay Area friends for a little while longer. End cheesyass storytime.

Also driving to and from downtown Oakland on New Year's night probably would have been one of the most moronic things I could ever do lol.

Well you're lucky you live in the bay area cause they play there once in a while. If you do come back down to LA, it will be a different story. I checked their shows out on songkick and they've played less than four times here in the last 15 years. Their show this week is the first one in 5 years.

Also, looks like the added Eye, The Web and Locust Star to last nights set...

Onioner
01-02-2013, 03:36 AM
Well you're lucky you live in the bay area cause they play there once in a while. If you do come back down to LA, it will be a different story. I checked their shows out on songkick and they've played less than four times here in the last 15 years. Their show this week is the first one in 5 years.

Also, looks like the added Eye, The Web and Locust Star to last nights set...

I'm coming back to LA on the 5th, the day after their show there haha. Yeah I'm sure I'll get an opportunity to see them, they do Bay Area dates in the winter once every couple years or so. I ended up seeing almost 45 shows this year, I can live with missing one lol.

ravenheart
01-02-2013, 07:29 AM
For people who like a bit of reading from time to time, finished off 2012 by publishing these:

Mille Petrozza (Kreator) interview (http://www.jukeboxmetal.com/2012/pleasure-to-find-new-ways-to-kill-an-interview-with-mille-petrozza/)

Ted Aguilar (Death Angel) interview (http://www.jukeboxmetal.com/2012/a-bit-of-the-old-ultra-violence-an-interview-with-ted-aguilar/)

Enjoy.

hellawaits77ny
01-02-2013, 09:15 AM
For people who like a bit of reading from time to time, finished off 2012 by publishing these:

Mille Petrozza (Kreator) interview (http://www.jukeboxmetal.com/2012/pleasure-to-find-new-ways-to-kill-an-interview-with-mille-petrozza/)

Ted Aguilar (Death Angel) interview (http://www.jukeboxmetal.com/2012/a-bit-of-the-old-ultra-violence-an-interview-with-ted-aguilar/)

Enjoy.

Very cool :rocker:

Am on my break at work, planning my workouts for the rest o' the week.

Onioner
01-02-2013, 12:55 PM

Enjoy.

Very cool Mille interview dude! I like how your interviews are actual written articles though I do think the whole Q&A format has its benefits as well. Although how many interviews are you sitting on right now? Didn't the Kreator show in London happen a few months back?

ravenheart
01-02-2013, 03:24 PM
Very cool Mille interview dude! I like how your interviews are actual written articles though I do think the whole Q&A format has its benefits as well. Although how many interviews are you sitting on right now? Didn't the Kreator show in London happen a few months back?

Kreator didn't play London all year. They're hoping to do the UK this year. But yeah, he came over some time ago now. I just haven't had time to finish them.

Three more to come; Bobby Ellsworth, Blaze Bayley, and Eric Petersen.

First of this year should, hopefully, be Neil Fallon and Mark Tremonti. Details TBC though. There are a handful of other possibles as well.

kalfitegrdan
01-02-2013, 03:54 PM
I'm pretty sure my external hard drive just crapped out on me. :(

christopher
01-02-2013, 04:21 PM
I just replaced the battery on my Ipod! I haven't been able to use it in 8 months, so I'm having a great start to the new year!

John The Drummer
01-02-2013, 04:36 PM
I just noticed that if you type in the website as...
http://metalsetlists.com/index.php/
You can't view anything :D

IrritatedTrout
01-02-2013, 08:06 PM
That's weird.

mankvill
01-02-2013, 08:26 PM
Kreator didn't play London all year. They're hoping to do the UK this year. But yeah, he came over some time ago now. I just haven't had time to finish them.

First of this year should, hopefully, be Neil Fallon and Mark Tremonti. Details TBC though. There are a handful of other possibles as well.

If I:

a) Had any experience at all with interviews
b) Lived somewhere that had a lot of metal musicians come by
c) Wasn't so horrible at articulating my thoughts

I'd offer to try and do some interviews, but I'll leave that to Josh.

Onioner
01-02-2013, 09:12 PM

Ah gotcha, I just assumed you saw em in London haha. Yeah I guess PR people like that Andrew and I are quick with getting our content up, but I sometimes feel like our writing is compromised in exchange for getting it up so fast. I know I always find like one or two typos in nearly everything I write because I'm scrambling to get the content up fast.

And yeah, I know that interviews are pretty much up in the air until like hours before go-time haha. I don't got any confirmed, but I've definitely got a few that I wanna do. I have to hope that Andrew won't scoop em all up if his return to the states is permanent haha!

RampinUp46
01-02-2013, 10:35 PM
If I:

I'm pretty much in this situation, except I divide my time between two metal scenes, so it wouldn't be that hard to meet up with people.

ravenheart
01-03-2013, 02:31 AM
That's weird.

Nah, it's standard php behaviour.

ravenheart
01-03-2013, 02:32 AM
If I:

It's c) that's the important one here :finger:

Plus, you never have any time.

ravenheart
01-03-2013, 02:36 AM
Ah gotcha, I just assumed you saw em in London haha. Yeah I guess PR people like that Andrew and I are quick with getting our content up, but I sometimes feel like our writing is compromised in exchange for getting it up so fast. I know I always find like one or two typos in nearly everything I write because I'm scrambling to get the content up fast.

And yeah, I know that interviews are pretty much up in the air until like hours before go-time haha. I don't got any confirmed, but I've definitely got a few that I wanna do. I have to hope that Andrew won't scoop em all up if his return to the states is permanent haha!

Normally I'm much quicker than this. I don't like the Q&A format for articles, so it does take a bit longer to get it done, but I just had a huge period between about July and November where I didn't do anything, even though I technically had the time. Too many other more important things to do be dealt with.

Unfortunately the interviews were all done between June and August, so right before I didn't do any writing :lol:

I usually try to time the publication of interviews with a period when the artist has something to promote, like an album or tour. With Mille and Blaze it kind of didn't matter because their current albums were already out when I spoke to them, and they didn't have a tour to promote. Blitz and Eric had tours, so I'm a bit disappointed I dropped the ball there. Hoping to have the remaining three done before I talk to Clutch though, so I'm back on track by then.

Onioner
01-03-2013, 03:16 PM
Currently waiting to get my license renewed at the DMV. I've been here since about 1:30. KILL ME.

John The Drummer
01-03-2013, 04:56 PM
Might be going to LA or San Diego next month to do something I never thought I would ever do :eek:

I am not going to keep my hopes up, but I am still flattered I was asked to...do....said...thing.... :eyes:

Either way.... WOW. :D

MPF
01-04-2013, 08:50 AM
I picked up a very badass Tascam recorder yesterday for an unfairly cheap price. So my future interviews will not be ruined by background noise anymore. YAY!

christopher
01-04-2013, 09:36 AM
Might be going to LA or San Diego next month to do something I never thought I would ever do :eek:

I am not going to keep my hopes up, but I am still flattered I was asked to...do....said...thing.... :eyes:

Either way.... WOW. :D

When you come back, are you going to change your user name to John the Pornstar? :tongue:

hellawaits77ny
01-04-2013, 10:10 AM
I picked up a very badass Tascam recorder yesterday for an unfairly cheap price. So my future interviews will not be ruined by background noise anymore. YAY!

Quality product. I liked my DR2D, but sold it when I needed some extra $.

John The Drummer
01-04-2013, 01:03 PM
When you come back, are you going to change your user name to John the Pornstar? :tongue:

Goddamnit! How u guess>?! :tongue:

RampinUp46
01-04-2013, 02:56 PM
Goddamnit! How u guess>?! :tongue:

Seriously, what do you plan on doing? :eyes:

MPF
01-04-2013, 04:25 PM
Quality product. I liked my DR2D, but sold it when I needed some extra $.

I was looking at that one as well, but to put it simply, the DR-05 is on sale for 80 bucks at Guitar Center, and I paid considerably less than that. :D

I just tested it now with my drums, damn it is clear. Interviews will be awesome with this.

John The Drummer
01-04-2013, 05:13 PM

Seriously, what do you plan on doing? :eyes:

i dont want to jinx it :lol: :tongue:
its music related though... and awesome.

dcmetal108
01-04-2013, 05:24 PM
its music related though... and awesome.

You're going to create the background music for porn?!?!?!?!?

christopher
01-04-2013, 05:28 PM

ravenheart
01-04-2013, 06:43 PM

Know how that feels :lol:

John The Drummer
01-04-2013, 06:49 PM

pretty much!!

there is a good chance it wont even happen, but im flattered to be given such an opportunity :rocker:

MPF
01-04-2013, 07:59 PM
Porn....or Pornogrind?

XDoomsayerX
01-04-2013, 11:15 PM
Well I aint looking forward to new school qtr one bit, pchem lab and more math stats. :hecho:

adamclark52
01-05-2013, 08:53 PM
Backing up all the important files on my computer after it psuedo-crashed on me today. I could care a less about the MP3's, programs and work files but pretty much every picture I have of my sons is on it, so losing those would be catastrophic. And I'm not computer "with it", so I don't know anything about those online storage sites and I really don't want to pay for one either.

John The Drummer
01-06-2013, 10:43 AM
Porn....or Pornogrind?

what if its both???? :eyes:

....anywho, went out with some friends last night. while walking down the sidewalk i took my glasses off to whipe off the rain...and didnt realize that one of the lenses fell out :( . i have a backup pair at work...but i wont be there until tomorrow :( :( :( :(

i think its time i updated my prescription though, had these since 2006ish :D

larvtard
01-06-2013, 01:15 PM
what if its both???? :eyes:

....anywho, went out with some friends last night. while walking down the sidewalk i took my glasses off to whipe off the rain...and didnt realize that one of the lenses fell out :( . i have a backup pair at work...but i wont be there until tomorrow :( :( :( :(

i think its time i updated my prescription though, had these since 2006ish :D

Dude... I get a new prescription every year :eek: you may have just xompleyely fucked your eyesight for the rest of your your life... :eyes:

EDIT: I take that back... You're a decade older than me so your eyes have most likely stopped changing

mankvill
01-06-2013, 01:37 PM
xompleyely

brutal_descent
01-06-2013, 02:32 PM

ravenheart
01-06-2013, 03:06 PM
EDIT: I take that back... You're a decade older than me so your eyes have most likely stopped changing

Yep. I get a new prescription every 3-4 years. And even then it's barely necessary.

IrritatedTrout
01-06-2013, 05:06 PM
On musical overload after my birthday. Got 7 new albums, time to start listening.

dcmetal108
01-06-2013, 05:43 PM
So I figured out what John's musical trek in California will be!

He will be the first man every to make "pornstep"!

What is pornstep you ask?!?! Why I'll tell you what it is, it is taking the backing audio from any porn of choice and adding a dubstep type mix to it! Imagine the base drop at the climax point!

slapguitarer
01-06-2013, 05:53 PM
base drop

do u evn muzik?

christopher
01-07-2013, 01:09 AM
I'm going to see Infest next Sunday!!!!!! I can't wait!!! :party:

ravenheart
01-08-2013, 08:24 AM
Power metal fans, the chorus of this song directly copies another song... but I can't remember which one...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pQELHN-rWeM

I want to say something with either Tobias Sammet, Michael Kiske or Ralf Scheepers on vocals... but I'm not sure.

Any ideas?

moobys37
01-08-2013, 07:17 PM
Booked 3 shows today. Fun tours!

RampinUp46
01-09-2013, 07:38 AM
It's been raining for the past couple of days and I think it's going to keep raining for the next three days.

...No complaints here! :party:

John The Drummer
01-09-2013, 08:10 AM
getting ready to head to the studio :rocker:
this is gonna be fun

ravenheart
01-09-2013, 08:27 AM
getting ready to head to the studio :rocker:
this is gonna be fun

For the porn music?

christopher
01-09-2013, 09:34 AM
I'm heading out to Disneyland with my girlfriend! :D

ravenheart
01-09-2013, 09:40 AM
I'm heading out to Disneyland with my girlfriend! :D

We've just come to assume that's what you're doing.

Natrlhi
01-09-2013, 10:04 AM
Booked 3 shows today. Fun tours!Details or it didn't happen.

Onioner
01-09-2013, 11:21 AM
Break in between classes = metalsetlists time. Hello fellow bored denizens of this fine domain!

I'm currently signed up for 21 units' worth of classes for this quarter. Four out of these five classes are either computer science or electrical engineering. If I pass all everything this quarter I will be convinced that I am capable of doing whatever I damn well please all the time any time.

IrritatedTrout
01-09-2013, 02:08 PM
Just confirmed a ski trip for next weekend right after Soundgarden.:D

christopher
01-09-2013, 09:59 PM
We've just come to assume that's what you're doing.

energymetal14
01-09-2013, 10:01 PM
Just finished seeing Ramming Speed and Sexcrement at Dusk in Providence. Super cool bar, will definitely go to more shows there. Show was AMAZING, and now at Twin River Casino! I'm not much of a gambler though, but my friend's gonna play a bit.

John The Drummer
01-09-2013, 10:32 PM
For the porn music?

this actually has nothing to do with the possible awesomeness that may occur next month.

had a blast today. got half the songs recorded, only 4 left tomorrow...but have 2 of the hardest songs remaining (one of those being a cover of windirs "black new age", soooooo much double bass)

now off to bed :)

energymetal14
01-10-2013, 07:48 PM
Almost saw Ramming Speed and Sexcrement again in Allston tonight at a DIY spot, but the cops busted the place! I was walking down the street right near the place, but never made it in. Good thing I went last night lol.

John The Drummer
01-10-2013, 08:44 PM
finished with the recording....and i am fucking destroyed. i hope the band can edit the parts that were occassionally off....but overall i feel proud of my work!

christopher
01-10-2013, 11:57 PM
finished with the recording....and i am fucking destroyed....but overall i feel proud of my work!

I knew it was porn! :lol:

MPF
01-11-2013, 02:25 PM
So.... I'm interviewing Gus G. in February!

RAZOR
01-11-2013, 02:59 PM
Making dinner. Golden onion soup. :D

ravenheart
01-11-2013, 04:28 PM
So.... I'm interviewing Gus G. in February!

Nice! If he turns out to be interesting, let me know.

John The Drummer
01-11-2013, 06:02 PM
I knew it was porn! :lol:

why does everyone want to see me in a porno? :eyes:

dcmetal108
01-11-2013, 09:06 PM
haha I log onto facebook and Mauro from Bonded By Blood is asking if anyone in a part of Cali can get him some green for his hotel party with Oceano and Vektor.

On a unrelated note I have my first day as a pharmacy technician on the 21st! So fucking happy! I can quit walmart soon!

Ommie
01-11-2013, 09:35 PM
On a unrelated note I have my first day as a pharmacy technician on the 21st! So fucking happy! I can quit walmart soon!
Sounds cool, are you thinking about pharmacy school at all?

XDoomsayerX
01-11-2013, 10:40 PM
haha I log onto facebook and Mauro from Bonded By Blood is asking if anyone in a part of Cali can get him some green for his hotel party with Oceano and Vektor.

Congrats! And how'd ya get that gig btw?

MPF
01-12-2013, 01:22 AM
Nice! If he turns out to be interesting, let me know.

Well if you want I could...well i can send you an email about it but I'm pretty sure you know what I'd be offering in this regard. Along with Turisas.

From what i have heard from friends who have interviewed Gus, he is a really cool guys, and hey, interviewing the Guitarist from Ozzy, that will look good on my resume list. :D

kalfitegrdan
01-12-2013, 01:30 AM
Well if you want I could...well i can send you an email about it but I'm pretty sure you know what I'd be offering in this regard. Along with Turisas.

From what i have heard from friends who have interviewed Gus, he is a really cool guys, and hey, interviewing the Guitarist from Ozzy, that will look good on my resume list. :D

Like, does he have split personality disorder or something? :eyes:

dcmetal108
01-12-2013, 06:08 AM
Sounds cool, are you thinking about pharmacy school at all?

Thanks and I don't really know. If it turns out to be something I enjoy I know the company will help you go to school for it.

Congrats! And how'd ya get that gig btw?

Thanks! And my cousins girlfriend / wife is the head pharmacist there so when they had a opening I applied and she put the word in and had a strong enough draw to have my application pulled. Thankfully I passed the interview and test.

I guess my first 90 days I'll be a pharmacy tech in triaining which makes like $9.60 a hour then after the 90 days I'll jump up to around $10.70 a hour. That is a huge step up from a cart guy making $8.25 a hour.

Like, does he have split personality disorder or something? :eyes:

IrritatedTrout
01-12-2013, 07:32 AM
What pharmacy? Not to burst your bubble but just be prepared for some total fucking douches. I overhear the pharmacy techs getting shit on, not on a frequent basis, but much more often than I hear it happen to the people working the front of the store.

rjturtle9
01-12-2013, 10:52 AM

I was at that hotel "party". :lol:

It was chill. The White Wizzard dudes were there too. All were totally nice guys, especially the one dude from Oceano. Stocked for the show today.

XDoomsayerX
01-12-2013, 03:12 PM

It was chill. The White Wizzard dudes were there too. All were totally nice guys, especially the one dude from Oceano. Stocked for the show today.

The singer who ask for pure violence and bloodshed?! :eek:

John The Drummer
01-12-2013, 03:39 PM
getting ready for some thai food. :drool:

MPF
01-12-2013, 03:46 PM
getting ready for some thai food. :drool:

You and your damn Porn Movies...

John The Drummer
01-12-2013, 03:52 PM
You and your damn Porn Movies...

;););););)

dcmetal108
01-12-2013, 04:43 PM
What pharmacy? Not to burst your bubble but just be prepared for some total fucking douches. I overhear the pharmacy techs getting shit on, not on a frequent basis, but much more often than I hear it happen to the people working the front of the store.

It's at a CVS and I was already warned about dealing with some rude people sometimes but its nothing compared to what I deal with at Walmart.

Was it Adam? Actually all the guys from Oceano are super nice.

christopher
01-12-2013, 05:14 PM
I just got home from seeing Vektor! I didn't think I was going to make it out due to working from 10am to 6pm and Vektor playing from 3:30pm to 4:15pm. Turns out the closer at my work called out so I offered to do a split shift and leave work at 2pm and come back at 8pm, so I went home, changed and got to the Glass House at the end of Bonded by Blood. I'm so happy I got to finally see Vektor!! :D

XDoomsayerX
01-12-2013, 06:06 PM
I just got home from seeing Vektor! I didn't think I was going to make it out due to working from 10am to 6pm and Vektor playing from 3:30pm to 4:15pm. Turns out the closer at my work called out so I offered to do a split shift and leave work at 2pm and come back at 8pm, so I went home, changed and got to the Glass House at the end of Bonded by Blood. I'm so happy I got to finally see Vektor!! :D

How populated was the Glasshouse? Show seemed like it would be dead

christopher
01-12-2013, 06:13 PM
How populated was the Glasshouse? Show seemed like it would be dead

Well there was a pit that was waaay bigger than it needed to be. :lol: It seriously looked like people were just trying to run in the biggest circle as possible at some points during the show. The rest of the venue was filled up outside of the pit.

rjturtle9
01-12-2013, 10:08 PM
The singer who ask for pure violence and bloodshed?! :eek:

Nah it was the guitar player I think. Skinny guy with a to. Of tats.

dcmetal108
01-13-2013, 04:30 AM
Nah it was the guitar player I think. Skinny guy with a to. Of tats.

Nick?

XDoomsayerX
01-13-2013, 11:22 AM
I met one of the Oceano guitarists, why they have more than 1 is beyond me but whatevs, and dude seemed mad stoned. Like fuckin blooown. :stoned:

elturtleboy
01-13-2013, 08:27 PM
Holy crap. That was insane. 3 cold hours to get a wristband,extra 2 to wait for the show with BK,then one insane show. Joe D and Infest was crazy as fuck. Spent the whole day with my gf,old friends,new friends,and Powerviolence. This is one show ill never forget. Fun and worth it. San Diego,Oakland,Florida,Texas,Maryland: Have fun you mindless mutants.

dcmetal108
01-13-2013, 08:40 PM
Holy crap. That was insane. 3 cold hours to get a wristband,extra 2 to wait for the show with BK,then one insane show. Joe D and Infest was crazy as fuck. Spent the whole day with my gf,old friends,new friends,and Powerviolence. This is one show ill never forget. Fun and worth it. San Diego,Oakland,Florida,Texas,Maryland: Have fun you mindless mutants.

Explain cold? I spent 8 hours today in like 20 degree weather not counting the wind.

RampinUp46
01-13-2013, 11:18 PM
Explain cold? I spent 8 hours today in like 20 degree weather not counting the wind.

Take me with you. :snivel:

elturtleboy
01-13-2013, 11:34 PM

blizzard

RampinUp46
01-14-2013, 06:18 PM
So I just found out that Randy Blythe bought a goddamn stuffed bear from the venue they played at in San Antonio. That's pretty cool I guess...

GarageMetal468
01-14-2013, 09:44 PM
Starting my last semester of college tomorrow and from looking at the books (gonna wait to see if they're really necessary), it's looking to be my most expensive one. Fuck.

MPF
01-15-2013, 12:13 AM
Just got back from Gojira, DTP, the Atlas Moth. I recorded all three shows. the DTP set may sound like shit as i was getting moshed into a lot.

For DTP fans, the set didn't change too much, but it's NOT the one currently on Setlist.FM, I hope someone changes it.

IrritatedTrout
01-15-2013, 06:45 AM
I wish I was seeing Gojira.

John The Drummer
01-16-2013, 01:18 PM
I can't wait to have no band practice tomorrow. Gonna get off work... go home... work out a tiny bit... then video game on video game :D

dcmetal108
01-16-2013, 03:48 PM
Well I went in today to Walmart and quit! Caught them off guard with that one! Now they have one cart guy left in the entire store lol.

Now going to see Texas Chainsaw Massacre 3D!

christopher
01-16-2013, 03:57 PM
Well I went in today to Walmart and quit! Caught them off guard with that one! Now they have one cart guy left in the entire store lol.

Did you just do the "fuck you, I quit" way or put your two weeks in?

John The Drummer
01-16-2013, 04:41 PM
Any new releases come out since Christmas time that are worth checking out? About to make my first CD run in quite a while (to kill time before band practice)...and don't want to look like a total idiot just walking up the Metal section without knowing what to get :D

mankvill
01-16-2013, 06:37 PM

:fist:

solidarity brother!

dcmetal108
01-16-2013, 07:05 PM
I walked in there and looked at one of the managers and asked "Can you draw the papers up for me quitting." They looked confused so I said again "I'm quitting today, right now".

Then I got the "Well do you want your two weeks put in", my response "No I start my new job this weekend, I'm done here". That was the extent of it. I left on pretty good terms though since I was a good worker and most people liked me even if I was a dick to many there.

Only one small manager was a sour puss when I left stating that I should of put in my two weeks or told the other job either that I didn't want it since I was at walmart or tell the other job to wait until I can finish at least 2 weeks more at Walmart. I just wanted to look at her and say "Bitch, do you think I'd pass a good job to push carts with your black ass watching my every move and bitching". :lol:

IrritatedTrout
01-16-2013, 07:59 PM
Wake up at 5:45, work from 7:30 to 3:30, class from 4:20 to 10, get home at 10:30.

What a wonderful day tomorrow will be.:hecho:

Natrlhi
01-16-2013, 11:17 PM
Wake up at 5:45, work from 7:30 to 3:30, class from 4:20 to 10, get home at 10:30.

What a wonderful day tomorrow will be.:hecho:I did it twice a week for two years straight when I got my MBA. Suck it up, Mary. :finger:

RampinUp46
01-17-2013, 06:58 AM
I walked in there and looked at one of the managers and asked "Can you draw the papers up for me quitting." They looked confused so I said again "I'm quitting today, right now".

Then I got the "Well do you want your two weeks put in", my response "No I start my new job this weekend, I'm done here". That was the extent of it. I left on pretty good terms though since I was a good worker and most people liked me even if I was a dick to many there.

Only one small manager was a sour puss when I left stating that I should of put in my two weeks or told the other job either that I didn't want it since I was at walmart or tell the other job to wait until I can finish at least 2 weeks more at Walmart. I just wanted to look at her and say "Bitch, do you think I'd pass a good job to push carts with your black ass watching my every move and bitching". :lol:

:party:

IrritatedTrout
01-17-2013, 03:40 PM
I did it twice a week for two years straight when I got my MBA. Suck it up, Mary. :finger:

That's pretty intense. It hasn't been too bad so far actually but I got out of my first class really early and am just waiting around for the second one to start.

MPF
01-18-2013, 02:38 PM
It's been a really shitty 24 hours for myself and my family, but on the upside, I just confirmed interviews with Down on the 28th, and Clutch on April 10th. That definitely makes things a lot better.

elturtleboy
01-18-2013, 04:29 PM
GRINDCORE DRAMA!!

Agoraphobic Nosebleed is talking shit about Phobia on Facebook and Shane is already writing on the post. Hopefully shit goes down.

NVM they were deleted. Nothing extreme happened.

Onioner
01-18-2013, 08:39 PM
Tracking bass and drums for the new Slough Feg record this weekend. From what they've laid down so far the songs are gonna kick ass as usual. Tons of ridiculous drum parts especially.

John The Drummer
01-19-2013, 08:48 AM
checked out a few rough mixes of the Dalla Nebbia album last night, soooooo stoked to hear the finished version :drool:

mankvill
01-19-2013, 04:01 PM
Does anyone else listen to Miyavi? I just found out about him and I can't stop listening. Such an interesting way of playing the guitar! It's basically Rodrigo Y Gabriela with more balls. :3

What's My Name? (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TbwjeOcmtGg)

mankvill
01-19-2013, 04:03 PM
checked out a few rough mixes of the Dalla Nebbia album last night, soooooo stoked to hear the finished version :drool:

I heard a rough mix too. Sounds awesome! Drummer kinda sucks though ;)

ravenheart
01-19-2013, 04:28 PM
Does anyone else listen to Miyavi? I just found out about him and I can't stop listening. Such an interesting way of playing the guitar! It's basically Rodrigo Y Gabriela with more balls. :3

What's My Name? (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TbwjeOcmtGg)

It's impressive that he was able to take such great guitar playing and turn it into such shit songs.

mankvill
01-19-2013, 05:41 PM
It's impressive that he was able to take such great guitar playing and turn it into such shit songs.

stop it! D:<

John The Drummer
01-19-2013, 08:44 PM
I heard a rough mix too. Sounds awesome! Drummer kinda sucks though ;)

IKNOWRIGHRQ.Q.¿

Onioner
01-20-2013, 02:03 AM
So today while we were finishing drum tracks for Slough Feg, a friend of the band walks in, says hey to all the Feg guys and starts taking videos of the session and hanging out. The guy's wearing a High on Fire shirt, so I engage in conversation and it happens as follows-

Me: Oh, cool shirt! Did you catch them at Slim's a few weeks back?
Dude: Oh no, I was in Florida at the time! That show was pretty recent huh? Who opened for them?
Me: It was Lo-Pan, Goatwhore and CoC, I caught the show in Santa Cruz.
Dude: Nice! My band actually opened up for them a few years ago.
Me: Cool! What's the name of your band?
Dude: Oh, my band's called Black Cobra.
Me: LOLWUT

So I guess Rafael from Black Cobra is a big Slough Feg fan and wanted to hang out for some of the sessions. Dude seemed surprised that I'd not only heard of Black Cobra but had also seen them three times haha. Oh yeah, Harry Cantwell, the drummer for Slough Feg, seriously tore shit up with his tracks this weekend. Dude only played a 4-piece double kick kit but there are a ton of moments that sound like tom tom avalanches. I'm not just saying that because he might be reading this (if he is, hi Harry!), after every other take the engineer/producer/audio whiz manning the session, Justin Weis, and I would look at each other and say "Damn!" or something to that effect.

TonyD
01-20-2013, 02:30 AM
haha

kalfitegrdan
01-20-2013, 02:49 AM
Went to basically a grindcore house party tonight and shit was just ridiculous. First, the first band's vocalist performed in his boxers and rolled around in this mud pile on the floor of the basement where the show took place. Next, during the third or fourth band, the pit got too violent and somehow a pipe burst and sewage or something got all over the floor. :hecho: That didn't stop the show at all and people just ended up moshing in a bunch of sewage. There was basically a lake of sewage in the middle of the floor for the rest of the show. Finally, one of the band's vocalists performed wearing a banana hammock and an apron with fake blood poured all over him. :lol: This was by far the nastiest show that I've ever been to, but altogether was a really fun time. :D

ravenheart
01-20-2013, 08:44 AM
I'll never understand why Americans have house parties like that.

dcmetal108
01-20-2013, 09:07 AM

I'm sorry our house parties don't consist of drinking tea and reading Harry Potter to each other. ;)

John The Drummer
01-20-2013, 09:19 AM
...i must agree :eyes:
a lot of my friends always say how awesome those kinds of parties are....not with sewage, but just dirty... and i always feel like slapping them :)

ravenheart
01-20-2013, 10:50 AM
a lot of my friends always say how awesome those kinds of parties are....not with sewage, but just dirty... and i always feel like slapping them :)

I bet they all say that as a guest not as a host though.

ravenheart
01-20-2013, 10:51 AM
I'm sorry our house parties don't consist of drinking tea and reading Harry Potter to each other. ;)

I'm sorry ours don't either. I know how you do love a good English stereotyping ;)

dcmetal108
01-20-2013, 11:12 AM
I'm sorry ours don't either. I know how you do love a good English stereotyping ;)

I was trying to find the best stereotype for you :D

John The Drummer
01-20-2013, 11:57 AM
people that worry about what bands they listen to in order to stay "tr00" really need to be slapped. "oh that band tours the world now? yeah, they suck. i really only liked their demos."

kalfitegrdan
01-20-2013, 11:59 AM

I don't think that I've ever been to a house party before this that was necessarily dirty.

energymetal14
01-20-2013, 02:05 PM
Yeah that party sounds incredible, I don't care how sick and gross it is. I would have to be trashed to enjoy it, but the crazier the better when I'm drinking :realchug:.

But what I'm doing right now is studying for an exam I have to take the first day of classes on Tuesday :hecho: Great first night off in a week :/.

Nick_to_the_face
01-20-2013, 10:11 PM
I miss this place

Onioner
01-21-2013, 01:26 AM
Finished my time at Trakworx for the weekend, gonna fly back to LA in 7 hours. Definitely an awesome experience getting to help track the upcoming Slough Feg record. There are gonna be a couple surprises when it comes to the songs, but fans are really gonna love the new material. Harry Cantwell, Adrian Maestas and Mike Scalzi are all amazingly cool and hilarious guys and were a blast to work with. Mike especially is a total riot, Adrian is a walking database of useful and neat information and genuinely profound life advice, and Harry is super chill, laidback and a lot of fun to chat with. I'm bummed that I won't be able to assist with the rest of the sessions, but this is gonna be one kickass album with or without whatever miniscule amount of help I have to offer.

Also random note, but the VHOL (Aesop Dekker, Mike Scheidt, John Cobbett, and Sigrid Sheie for those who don't remember) record is gonna blow you all away. I'm not even kidding, John Cobbett has seriously topped himself and then some. If it weren't for a possible other big project surfacing later this year, I would bet on VHOL making the best album of 2013 right now.

John The Drummer
01-21-2013, 01:24 PM
Went to Gojira last night... :drool:
I am floored. I think I am going to try to post a review once I am off of work, but as usual with my posts, no setlists :D

dcmetal108
01-21-2013, 02:34 PM
Since my first day at CVS today got fucked over on their part I ended up dry walling my garage with my step dad for the last 6 hours or so.

Oh yeah and its like 0 degrees out. I'm so cold it hurts.

BloodoftheKings
01-21-2013, 08:21 PM
Today I found out the brakes on my car are not fit for driving in the snow. What started as a simple drive to pick up my brother while bumping Paul's Boutique quickly turned shitty as the snow picked up. As the road became icy my brakes suddenly became fucking useless and I was sliding all over the place. At one point I couldn't stop because the street was sloping downhill so I went up the curb and hit the rail to avoid an accident with the car in front of me. I called 911 and sat there on the curb for a good half hour waiting for help. During that time my car was nearly demolished by a couple of oncoming cars. Finally some guy from the fire department came to help and we got my car to the fire station where I had to wait another half hour to get picked up by my brother's friends who are in walking distance of the station.

Luckily my car is just scratched on the side and there's no serious damage but boy did this night suck.

kalfitegrdan
01-22-2013, 06:54 AM
Holy shit, Aaron Carter is playing at Mojoe's on the 24th of March! :lol: I didn't know he was even still alive let alone still touring/doing anything music related.

dcmetal108
01-22-2013, 09:11 AM
Holy shit, Aaron Carter is playing at Mojoe's on the 24th of March! :lol: I didn't know he was even still alive let alone still touring/doing anything music related.

I saw that. Some guy commented that he must be out of coke money. :lol:

kalfitegrdan
01-22-2013, 09:28 AM
I saw that. Some guy commented that he must be out of coke money. :lol:

llama lom
01-22-2013, 10:38 AM
Damn I haven't been on here in a while. Shit's been going down but hopefully I'll have more time to post and stuff.

SomewhereInTime72
01-22-2013, 05:04 PM
I have the flu this sucks.

energymetal14
01-22-2013, 05:32 PM
Today I found out the brakes on my car are not fit for driving in the snow. What started as a simple drive to pick up my brother while bumping Paul's Boutique quickly turned shitty as the snow picked up. As the road became icy my brakes suddenly became fucking useless and I was sliding all over the place. At one point I couldn't stop because the street was sloping downhill so I went up the curb and hit the rail to avoid an accident with the car in front of me. I called 911 and sat there on the curb for a good half hour waiting for help. During that time my car was nearly demolished by a couple of oncoming cars. Finally some guy from the fire department came to help and we got my car to the fire station where I had to wait another half hour to get picked up by my brother's friends who are in walking distance of the station.

Luckily my car is just scratched on the side and there's no serious damage but boy did this night suck.

Crazy man, glad nothing too bad happened.

John The Drummer
01-22-2013, 05:51 PM
I have the flu this sucks.

better than AIDS :eyes:

Epidemic Reign
01-23-2013, 06:06 AM
https://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash4/s480x480/430149_248371188629490_1284302933_n.jpg

moobys37
01-23-2013, 07:03 PM
>Rants to everyone about how much I hate awards.
>Get nominated for Promoter of the Year in some meaningless award show

:(

mankvill
01-23-2013, 07:05 PM
>Rants to everyone about how much I hate awards.
>Get nominated for Promoter of the Year in some meaningless award show

:(

:jima:

moobys37
01-23-2013, 07:06 PM
I'm throwing movie night at my place instead of going.

mankvill
01-23-2013, 07:24 PM
#14 ON R/GAMING RIGHT NOW

http://www.reddit.com/r/gaming/comments/175byh/i_wonder_how_many_people_caught_this_guy_in_the/

GIVE ME YOUR UPVOTES

Onioner
01-24-2013, 05:04 AM
So my weekend recording escapade royally murdered my school routine. Pulling a second all-nighter this week (not in a row luckily enough) just to get homework done. I'm hoping that shit will be back on track by tomorrow night, but with midterms starting next week and going through the end of February I'm not too optimistic.

I REGRET NOTHING!

ravenheart
01-24-2013, 05:30 AM
#14 ON R/GAMING RIGHT NOW

http://www.reddit.com/r/gaming/comments/175byh/i_wonder_how_many_people_caught_this_guy_in_the/

GIVE ME YOUR UPVOTES

I don't know what any of that means.

Now get back to work!

kalfitegrdan
01-24-2013, 09:25 AM
My friend decided to set up an awesome local show with some great local bands (and a few not so great ones) on the same day as Nile's double set show. :hecho: God damn decisions. :flame: I'm now trying to convince him to get all the bands to do a Nile cover to make it up to me. :lol:

ravenheart
01-24-2013, 09:46 AM
My friend decided to set up an awesome local show with some great local bands (and a few not so great ones) on the same day as Nile's double set show. :hecho: God damn decisions. :flame: I'm now trying to convince him to get all the bands to do a Nile cover to make it up to me. :lol:

Doesn't sound like a decision to me... :eyes:

kalfitegrdan
01-24-2013, 10:04 AM
Doesn't sound like a decision to me... :eyes:

Well, yeah, you'd just stay home because you hate everything. ;)

dcmetal108
01-24-2013, 10:21 AM
Well, yeah, you'd just stay home because you hate everything. ;)

I'd pick Nile. Who knows if you'll ever get to see them do a double set again.

Your house show will happen again :lol:

kalfitegrdan
01-24-2013, 10:23 AM
I'd pick Nile. Who knows if you'll ever get to see them do a double set again.

Your house show will happen again :lol:

Yeah, but pretty much everyone I know is gonna be at the local show.

Edit: Also, my friend wants me to design the flyer for the show and I'm back in the caveman era of MS paint, so yeah, that's happening. I told him that it's definitely gonna involve Hilary Clinton though.

GarageMetal468
01-24-2013, 11:04 AM

And one of those bands is my band!

A Nile double set would be cool, but the openers are pretty bad and fuck Mojoes.

kalfitegrdan
01-24-2013, 11:08 AM
And one of those bands is my band!

A Nile double set would be cool, but the openers are pretty bad and fuck Mojoes.

I know. That was really the tide turner for me. Also, fuck Mojoes and also fuck Depremacy.

GarageMetal468
01-24-2013, 11:10 AM
I know. That was really the tide turner for me. Also, fuck Mojoes and also fuck Depremacy.

I still wish Special Delivery could've got on it but I don't think our drummer will be back for spring break at the time.

kalfitegrdan
01-24-2013, 11:12 AM
I still wish Special Delivery could've got on it but I don't think our drummer will be back for spring break at the time.

Yeah, I was hoping for some pizzagrind!

GarageMetal468
01-24-2013, 11:27 AM
Yeah, I was hoping for some pizzagrind!

Well when Garret is back on spring or summer break hopefully we'll fulfill our dream of throwing a show in Sanders' house and you can see us then!

kalfitegrdan
01-24-2013, 11:43 AM
Well when Garret is back on spring or summer break hopefully we'll fulfill our dream of throwing a show in Sanders' house and you can see us then!

He better not have a party on a god damn Thursday like last time.

dcmetal108
01-24-2013, 12:27 PM

Edit: Also, my friend wants me to design the flyer for the show and I'm back in the caveman era of MS paint, so yeah, that's happening. I told him that it's definitely gonna involve Hilary Clinton though.

I won't be there :( Damn show up in bum fuck no where :lol:

GarageMetal468
01-24-2013, 01:21 PM

Pretty much. But every House show I've been to has been awesome, and I know the last 2 bands alone will draw a huge crowd.

kalfitegrdan
01-24-2013, 01:53 PM

Find a way to come out!

Also, I made the flyer and it's stupid, crazy and awesome (in my opinion).

dcmetal108
01-24-2013, 03:53 PM
Find a way to come out!

Also, I made the flyer and it's stupid, crazy and awesome (in my opinion).

haha if had a car I would but there is no public transportation that is easy to get from Chicago to Dekalb for.

John The Drummer
01-24-2013, 05:31 PM
Bored as shit. I hate these band practice nights where I have to sit around at work with my thumb up my ass for 2 hours after I check out.

I COULD go hang with some friends, but since I stopped drinking a lot of them stopped talking to me... .....yeah. Oh well.... I can always go to the record store... but I just got my Amazon order in and don't wanna spend much more :D

IrritatedTrout
01-25-2013, 06:09 AM
4 hours trying to fix my router and wireless network. Only have the wired PC working.:bouville:

mankvill
01-25-2013, 09:13 AM
Anaal Nathrakh just announced they're playing 70000 Tons of Metal this weekend. :bouville:

GarageMetal468
01-25-2013, 09:39 AM
Anaal Nathrakh just announced they're playing 70000 Tons of Metal this weekend. :bouville:

They seriously should've been on MDF. Dave is gonna be there with Benediction anyway.

mankvill
01-25-2013, 03:30 PM
Got another jaerb interview on Monday morning! ^__^

GarageMetal468
01-26-2013, 10:53 PM
Entered in a pool at work for the Superbowl, I can win either $400 or $600 depending on the scores at the end of each quarter. I decided that if I win from one of the quarters, I'm gonna buy all my friends beers at Deceased. And if I have leftover money, I'm just gonna go up to random people and offer to buy beer for them.

RampinUp46
01-26-2013, 11:14 PM
Got another jaerb interview on Monday morning! ^__^

Where at?

Entered in a pool at work for the Superbowl, I can win either $400 or $600 depending on the scores at the end of each quarter. I decided that if I win from one of the quarters, I'm gonna buy all my friends beers at Deceased. And if I have leftover money, I'm just gonna go up to random people and offer to buy beer for them.

Why not buy the band a few drinks?

John The Drummer
01-26-2013, 11:15 PM

what if they're sober!?!?! :eek:

.....so, today sucked. not sure what exactly happened, but my laptop screen broke, now i can only make out about 35-40% of the screen :( . luckily i got the 2 year warranty, but still lame as hell

IrritatedTrout
01-27-2013, 04:49 AM

Or you could save it. :lol:

GarageMetal468
01-27-2013, 06:56 AM
Why not buy the band a few drinks?
If I can find them, totally.

Or you could save it. :lol:

Yeah... but I have a lot saved up as it is now, may as well use this hypothetical money I didn't make from working to be generous. And chances are I won't win anything, but who knows.

John The Drummer
01-27-2013, 07:51 AM
If I can find them, totally.

Yeah... but I have a lot saved up as it is now, may as well use this hypothetical money I didn't make from working to be generous. And chances are I won't win anything, but who knows.

Just remember, Dan, youve got to hold on to what youve got, it doesnt make a difference if you make it or not.,,,,,

dcmetal108
01-27-2013, 08:05 AM
Just remember, Dan, youve got to hold on to what youve got, it doesnt make a difference if you make it or not.,,,,,

es156
01-27-2013, 08:38 AM

Ha ha, nice.

:D

dcmetal108
01-27-2013, 08:54 AM
So the venue for Hatebreed tonight is pretty fucking tiny so I can't even imagine how violent it is going to get.

GarageMetal468
01-27-2013, 04:05 PM

Where's TheWildAndTheYoung when you need him?

kalfitegrdan
01-27-2013, 06:13 PM
haha if had a car I would but there is no public transportation that is easy to get from Chicago to Dekalb for.

:( Tell me about it.

John The Drummer
01-27-2013, 06:16 PM
Where's TheWildAndTheYoung when you need him?

Probably listening to Stryper :)

OraclesofAgony
01-28-2013, 01:05 AM
Gojira was amazing! And so was Devin, even though I'm not crazy about his recent material he knows how to put on a damn show.

XDoomsayerX
01-28-2013, 01:29 AM
Gojira was amazing! And so was Devin, even though I'm not crazy about his recent material he knows how to put on a damn show.

This x2! Gojira was so beautiful :bowdown:

ravenheart
01-28-2013, 04:44 AM
To any UFO fans tempted by the new Paul Raymond solo album... don't. It's horrible, even with a guest appearance from Michael Schenker.

dcmetal108
01-28-2013, 04:54 AM
I have my first day of orientation today for CVS.

ravenheart
01-28-2013, 05:15 AM
I have my first day of orientation today for CVS.

CVS?

IrritatedTrout
01-28-2013, 05:41 AM
A pharmacy chain.

John The Drummer
01-28-2013, 05:00 PM
Damn, my store keeps getting merchandise stolen from it over the last month. About 95% sure of the two guys who keep doing it too. They always come to the store in separate vehicles and always split up when one of them talks to one of us at the counter.

One time there were two of us here, so I went to the tool corner (where one always goes to) and checked in stock, he turned away immediately and they went on their merry way.

Ugh :bouville:

dcmetal108
01-28-2013, 05:38 PM
A pharmacy chain.

This.

It was a 9 hour orientation with me and 3 other people sitting in a concert basement on cold steel chairs and the basement was maybe 30 degress. Not fun. So tired.

SomewhereInTime72
01-28-2013, 11:21 PM
^Life is actually terrible in case you aren't figuring it out now. :D

ravenheart
01-29-2013, 01:41 AM
A pharmacy chain.

Ah right. It's the Centre for Voluntary Service here ;)

dcmetal108
01-29-2013, 06:37 AM
^Life is actually terrible in case you aren't figuring it out now. :D

Yeah I know.

I got a text from my cousin (his gf is my boss in the pharmacy and the reason I got the job) and he texted me saying the person I had my orientation with called and said I had a bad attitude so they called his gf and was asking her why in the world did she refer me.

I told him that's bullshit. I was the only one in the class who asked and answered questions, gave my opinion and stories, paid attention, and showed up almost 30 minutes early.

I mean for fuck sake one of the guys in the class kept putting his head down and sleeping and I get a bad report.

ravenheart
01-29-2013, 07:04 AM
I was the only one in the class who asked and answered questions, gave my opinion and stories, paid attention, and showed up almost 30 minutes early.

Never do this.

dcmetal108
01-29-2013, 07:41 AM
Never do this.

It was agreeing with how they deal with customer service and cleanliness. It wasn't even anything that wasn't already being said lol.

I simply agreed with it.

300%_Density
01-29-2013, 07:44 AM
Never been so happy to be back to work.

Our new house finally got finished and everything is moved and semi unpacked. I can't think of too many things worse than moving.

ravenheart
01-29-2013, 07:50 AM
I simply agreed with it.

God! SUCH a bad attitude. How do you ever get jobs?

Ommie
01-29-2013, 09:32 AM
Bam Margera has quite an interesting music video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jnrrHfSYoi4 (NSFW)

DethMaiden
01-29-2013, 12:12 PM
Hey guys, would be a big help for our traffic over at Invisible Oranges if you'd enter the giveaway on my review of the new "WE GOT POWER!" coffee table book. Just post a comment about your favorite early hardcore band. It's a really awesome book, promise:

http://www.invisibleoranges.com/2013/01/review-we-got-power/

mankvill
01-29-2013, 01:01 PM
FYE is dumb. I swear they've had the same metal selection there since I worked at the mall 4 1/2 years ago. What kind of joker thinks it's okay to mark up a Master of Puppets CD for $20? I did find the latest Woods of Yuppers CD there, but I'm definitely not going to spend $15 on it. Jokers! Guess I'll be going to legit record stores from now on, even if they're an hour away.

dcmetal108
01-29-2013, 07:27 PM

Holy shit. Greatest music related thing of 2013 so far.

mankvill
01-29-2013, 07:40 PM
Holy shit. Greatest music related thing of 2013 so far.

>this
>not IGAB

-_-

GarageMetal468
01-29-2013, 07:48 PM

What the fuck did I just watch.

Ommie
01-29-2013, 09:37 PM
Can anyone decipher what he's saying before he starts "rapping"?

christopher
01-29-2013, 09:48 PM
hahaah what the fuck...? Bam totally went full retard on that when he started peeing in his own mouth.

dcmetal108
01-29-2013, 10:04 PM
hahaah what the fuck...? Bam totally went full retard on that when he started peeing in his own mouth.

Is that Missy in the video though?

IrritatedTrout
01-30-2013, 07:13 AM
Just finished my taxes. Nice and easy because I don't make shit. :lol:

RampinUp46
01-30-2013, 07:21 AM
So it looks like I'm not going to DTP/Gojira or Deftones... :bouville:

DethMaiden
01-30-2013, 10:32 AM
I just got hounded on the phone for not wanting to enter one of our artists into a promotional program by a rep from MySpace.

MYSPACE.

2013, people.

MySpace.

mankvill
01-30-2013, 10:38 AM
Get with the times, Brad. Each band needs a Livejournal too!

John The Drummer
01-30-2013, 01:12 PM
Is that Missy in the video though?

did they really get married? i figured it was just a dumb reality tv show story.

GarageMetal468
01-30-2013, 08:25 PM
Sunday is shaping up to be a pretty bitchin day. My work is closed but we're having a SuperBowl party for all the employees. This awesome place called The Village Pub is catering food for us, and there's raffles and stuff. Also, free booze! I don't plan on drinking there, since at about 6 PM I'm gonna head out to Enslaved. But damn, if this is anything like the anniversary party my work had over the summer, it's gonna be fucking hysterical seeing some of my co-workers that day.

dcmetal108
01-30-2013, 10:27 PM
So I discovered today on my second day of CVS that my new work isn't in the best neighborhood. We get alot of high end business guys along with a shit load fuck ton of hobos.

I was told straight up by a manager to be nice to them, if they yell, scream, threaten to never do anything against it and just be polite because they'll learn I work there and if I mess with them they will catch me on the street. So when I leave just to do my own thing and hurry the fuck away.

SomewhereInTime72
01-31-2013, 09:33 PM
Man, that sounds both discouraging and creepy. :hmm:

dcmetal108
01-31-2013, 10:09 PM
Man, that sounds both discouraging and creepy. :hmm:

Yeah kinda. I was a bit worried when I clocked out waiting for the train.

During my shift we had one guy come in screaming "Call the motherfucking police theres a nigga outside with a big ass machete standing outside". He was high as hell and just trying to get us to look outside so he could steal.

Then another guy was screaming at me for having the bathroom locked (not a public bathroom) and after telling him the back could only unlock it he just kept screaming. So after taking him back there to unlock he stands there screaming and then tells me that since i'm a asshole who locked the door on purpose that he'll make a mess in there. EVEN THOUGH THE SIGN ON THE DOOR SAYS NOT A PUBLIC BATHROOM!

OraclesofAgony
01-31-2013, 11:17 PM
This guy is a beast. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=50vL1uAXn7s)

MPF
02-01-2013, 12:00 AM
It's officially been one year since I moved from my childhood home to where I do now. it's been an interesting trip so far. Lots of downs, but even more ups. I feel so much happier not being in Bumfuck, Wisconsin anymore and only being a half hour from the Twin Cities and able to do what I do now.

kalfitegrdan
02-01-2013, 06:00 AM
I fucking hate "metal" people on Facebook.

In reference to somebody liking Job for a Cowboy:

"Job's doom ep was their best though... They kinda went the black metal route after that."

:hecho:

Stuff like that in addition to just the sheer obliviousness of anything beyond the popular bands and what have you.

christopher
02-01-2013, 07:40 PM
My friend just posted the Glass House now sells alcohol!! :party:

OraclesofAgony
02-01-2013, 07:44 PM
My friend just posted the Glass House now sells alcohol!! :party:

Nice. I was just there on Sunday and they weren't selling alcohol then. Were they waiting for a liquor license or something?

christopher
02-01-2013, 07:57 PM
Nice. I was just there on Sunday and they weren't selling alcohol then. Were they waiting for a liquor license or something?

No idea. I think tonight is the first time they could do it. The prices are the same as the Fox, so its nothing special. I'm happy I can finally drink in there though. Too bad there aren't any shows coming there for me until The Dear Hunter in April.