PDA

View Full Version : The Official 'What Are You Doing' Thread Part VI

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19

DementedX14
11-30-2012, 10:15 PM
Just got back from LOG. Gotta be up for work in 4 hours.

On the plus side LOG was easily one of the best shows/ bands I've EVER seen. In Flames rocked, Sylosis was awesome, and Hellyeah was generic.

Again LOG was FUCKING INSANE!

Yep! The best show of the year by far. Also, meeting In Flames was amazing though I didn't get a chance to chat much with them.

XDoomsayerX
11-30-2012, 10:18 PM
Just got back from LOG. Gotta be up for work in 4 hours.

On the plus side LOG was easily one of the best shows/ bands I've EVER seen. In Flames rocked, Sylosis was awesome, and Hellyeah was generic.

Again LOG was FUCKING INSANE!

If only their newer music was so boring. When I saw em before Wrath came out that shit was intense and dat set was great too.

brutal_descent
11-30-2012, 10:45 PM
...I'm learning Russian for shits and giggles. :snivel:

:lovedup:

dcmetal108
12-01-2012, 02:57 AM
If only their newer music was so boring. When I saw em before Wrath came out that shit was intense and dat set was great too.

Their new music was heavy as hell live. Some of the fastest stuff too.

kalfitegrdan
12-01-2012, 05:28 AM

I wish I would have seen them before Wrath. The two times that I have seen them, they were extremely boring.

XDoomsayerX
12-01-2012, 09:46 AM
I wish I would have seen them before Wrath. The two times that I have seen them, they were extremely boring.

Cuz Wrath onward is a borefest. Even Sacrament isnt that good.

kalfitegrdan
12-01-2012, 10:11 AM
Cuz Wrath onward is a borefest. Even Sacrament isnt that good.

I enjoyed Sacrament quite a bit, but definitely not as much as its predecessors. Only thing I liked on Wrath was The Passing/In Your Words, the rest is boring as shit.

RampinUp46
12-01-2012, 11:37 AM
:lovedup:

It's a fun language to learn...but unfortunately no one here speaks it except one person who's probably a bit tired of trying to explain the difference between "Bce" and "Bcё" to me - plus the closest class that teaches it is far from me. :hmm:

ravenheart
12-01-2012, 12:39 PM
...I'm learning Albanian and Russian for shits and giggles. :snivel:

That's all it's good for ;)

smearCampaign
12-01-2012, 04:31 PM
Watched Black Dahlia. Trevor kept his Inquisition shirt on for 3/4 of their short set. Now hanging out at a nearby bar waiting for All That Remains to finish before heading back for Machine Head. I might have already seen the best performance of the night.

mankvill
12-01-2012, 04:39 PM
Watched Black Dahlia. Trevor kept his Inquisition shirt on for 3/4 of their short set. Now hanging out at a nearby bar waiting for All That Remains to finish before heading back for Machine Head. I might have already seen the best performance of the night.

You definitely have! :D

dcmetal108
12-01-2012, 04:53 PM

Did you expect Trevor to not take his shirt off?

smearCampaign
12-01-2012, 05:00 PM
Did you expect Trevor to not take his shirt off?

Exactly. I was amazed it stayed on so long!

brutal_descent
12-02-2012, 01:13 AM
Andy, shut your whore mouth :finger:

It's a fun language to learn...but unfortunately no one here speaks it except one person who's probably a bit tired of trying to explain the difference between "Bce" and "Bcё" to me - plus the closest class that teaches it is far from me. :hmm:

все is "all" but applies to objects and people. всё means the same thing but usually applies to abstract concepts and ideas. Obviously both have their exceptions (as with almost any rule in Russian).

dcmetal108
12-02-2012, 06:42 PM
Holy shit, Phil Bozman just popped up in my people you may know tab on facebook. That's fucking awesome.

RampinUp46
12-02-2012, 08:47 PM
Andy, shut your whore mouth :finger:

все is "all" but applies to objects and people. всё means the same thing but usually applies to abstract concepts and ideas. Obviously both have their exceptions (as with almost any rule in Russian).

...Apparently I share a name with someone on the site. :eyes:

So if I were to say "all will be well", for example, would I use "все будет хорошо" or "всё будет хорошо"...or is it one of those things that depends entirely on context?

brutal_descent
12-02-2012, 11:53 PM
...Apparently I share a name with someone on the site. :eyes:

So if I were to say "all will be well", for example, would I use "все будет хорошо" or "всё будет хорошо"...or is it one of those things that depends entirely on context?

The latter.

christopher
12-03-2012, 11:38 AM
Damn, an Infest show was announced for January in San Diego a few hours ago and sold out instantly. :(

John The Drummer
12-03-2012, 12:32 PM
So Wintersun was absolutely amazing last night :drool:. Definitely going to be in the top 3 of my top 10 bands of 2012 list.
Varg was better than I expected, and Eluveitie was so awesome (wish I didn't have to leave 4 songs into their set though).

RampinUp46
12-03-2012, 01:59 PM
So I just called in for an interview with a glassblowing place in Austin to work as an apprentice...hopefully I'll get a response.

The latter.

Thank you.

RAZOR
12-03-2012, 02:23 PM
So I just called in for an interview with a glassblowing place in Austin to work as an apprentice...hopefully I'll get a response.

Oooh that'd be so fun! I love glassblowing!

Natrlhi
12-03-2012, 02:30 PM
Oooh that'd be so fun! I love glassblowing!inb4 Andy asks if that's a euphemism.

RampinUp46
12-03-2012, 02:35 PM
Oooh that'd be so fun! I love glassblowing!

I got the interview on Friday at 5:00. Is there anything I should know before going in, or should I ask any specific questions...?

christopher
12-03-2012, 05:45 PM
Despise You just posted this on facebook

central canada in february, eastern canada in may, and europe in july. fuck rollerblades

I didn't want to start a thread for that, but yeah, Canada and European tour in the works.

slapguitarer
12-03-2012, 10:51 PM
The Deaf Grapes were insane. I'll write a legit review tomorrow

christopher
12-03-2012, 11:21 PM
The Deaf Grapes

:lol:

dcmetal108
12-04-2012, 06:22 AM
Got a call this morning that my grandma arrived at work but couldn't move or breath really and to leave asap and go and get out. On the way there they called a ambulance and I raced with them to the hospital. Now shes in the ER and its more than likely a extreme case of bronchitis / high blood pressure.

This all started at like 630am too.

Dextrimental
12-04-2012, 06:39 AM
Got a call this morning that my grandma arrived at work but couldn't move or breath really and to leave asap and go and get out. On the way there they called a ambulance and I raced with them to the hospital. Now shes in the ER and its more than likely a extreme case of bronchitis / high blood pressure.

This all started at like 630am too.

Hope she's ok pal!!

GarageMetal468
12-04-2012, 07:44 AM
Shit, my uncle's restaurant in the town I go to college had a storage bay explode last night due to a chemical mixture. Not sure if that was an accident or just a horrible mistake, but it sure scared the crap out of me and my family. People were posting statuses last night saying that the place burnt down but that's not the case, just half of the bay is gone and the restaurant wasn't affected at all. Fucking crazy though.

kalfitegrdan
12-04-2012, 08:39 AM
Shit, my uncle's restaurant in the town I go to college had a storage bay explode last night due to a chemical mixture. Not sure if that was an accident or just a horrible mistake, but it sure scared the crap out of me and my family. People were posting statuses last night saying that the place burnt down but that's not the case, just half of the bay is gone and the restaurant wasn't affected at all. Fucking crazy though.

Lukulos? Holy shit! That's pretty crazy.

It's the building, man. It's cursed.

RAZOR
12-04-2012, 02:08 PM
inb4 Andy asks if that's a euphemism.
;)

I got the interview on Friday at 5:00. Is there anything I should know before going in, or should I ask any specific questions...?

Awesome, congrats! There really isn't a whole lot to know before hand, there's not much to blowing glass haha. Just don't burn yourself. :tongue:

GarageMetal468
12-04-2012, 03:15 PM
Lukulos? Holy shit! That's pretty crazy.

It's the building, man. It's cursed.

Yeah, so it seems. Every other business there has gotten the hell out, I really hope it doesn't get any worse for Lukulos.

SomewhereInTime72
12-04-2012, 09:05 PM
Sweet jesus the new itunes is disgustingly awful both in a practical and aesthetic sense. I felt a little nauseous just attempting to use it. :hecho:

I am just waiting for my ipod to break so I can have an excuse to get a different mp3 player.

christopher
12-04-2012, 09:28 PM
Sweet jesus the new itunes is disgustingly awful both in a practical and aesthetic sense. I felt a little nauseous just attempting to use it. :hecho:

I am just waiting for my ipod to break so I can have an excuse to get a different mp3 player.

I keep getting asked if I want to update, but I keep hitting no. Looks like I'll continue to do so for a while haha

SomewhereInTime72
12-04-2012, 09:40 PM
I just want to use winamp for everything. :(

OraclesofAgony
12-04-2012, 10:19 PM
The new iTunes is the reason I got hooked on old school Hip-Hop again. :lol:

It integrated all the shitty iTunes purchases (mostly shitrap and radio rock) I made a long time ago through "iCloud" when I updated iTunes, but it also integrated the old school hip-hop that I had forgot about.

XDoomsayerX
12-04-2012, 10:30 PM
The new iTunes is the reason I got hooked on old school Hip-Hop again. :lol:

It integrated all the shitty iTunes purchases (mostly shitrap and radio rock) I made a long time ago through "iCloud" when I updated iTunes, but it also integrated the old school hip-hop that I had forgot about.

Hook me up nig been listening to rap lately. Check out Death Grips and Kendrick Lamar both are quality new peeps not this tyga shit.

BloodoftheKings
12-04-2012, 10:31 PM
The new itunes isn't very good but I can deal with it. People like the album banners thing but that gets boring after you spend 2 minutes looking at what color it chooses for your favorite albums.

Sepultura69
12-04-2012, 10:58 PM
Hook me up nig been listening to rap lately. Check out Death Grips and Kendrick Lamar both are quality new peeps not this tyga shit.

For old school early 80s/90s golden age era I recommend some Funk doobiest, Boogie Down Productions first release, Double XLs Ruff Rugged in Raw, The Gheto Boys, Cypress Hill, Organized Konfusion, Wu Tang Clan, Early Raekwon the Chef and Ghost face killa records, Will smith and Jazzy Jeffs first couple of records, oh and I think you will really love Grave Diggaz since you love death metal so much(oracles of agony). Just check out the song "1-800 suicide", and "Bang your head" by grave diggaz and i think you will be sold. :cool:

OraclesofAgony
12-04-2012, 11:53 PM
For old school early 80s/90s golden age era I recommend some Funk doobiest, Boogie Down Productions first release, Double XLs Ruff Rugged in Raw, The Gheto Boys, Cypress Hill, Organized Konfusion, Wu Tang Clan, Early Raekwon the Chef and Ghost face killa records, Will smith and Jazzy Jeffs first couple of records, oh and I think you will really love Grave Diggaz since you love death metal so much(oracles of agony). Just check out the song "1-800 suicide", and "Bang your head" by grave diggaz and i think you will be sold. :cool:

I've been listening to Geto Boys like crazy the last week. I'll be sure to check out the rest though.

christopher
12-05-2012, 12:23 AM
I've been listening to Geto Boys like crazy the last week. I'll be sure to check out the rest though.

Listen to Ever So Clear by Bushwich Bill from Geto Boys.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KLnbQZnBeCw

OraclesofAgony
12-05-2012, 12:25 AM
Listen to Ever So Clear by Bushwich Bill from Geto Boys.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KLnbQZnBeCw

Hell yeah. :D

Everclear + Dwarfs = Watch the fuck out. :lol:

But seriously, Bushwick is the shit.

Sepultura69
12-05-2012, 12:34 AM
i was suppose to go to sleep about two hours ago but not being on here in a cool minute has totally got me past the sleep zone with mass postings and catching up to do. I should probably hit the Zzzzzz's since i have to get up for work in five hours :hecho:

kalfitegrdan
12-05-2012, 04:18 AM
I keep getting asked if I want to update, but I keep hitting no. Looks like I'll continue to do so for a while haha

Yeah, that's what I always do. I haven't updated iTunes in a couple years. :lol:

IrritatedTrout
12-05-2012, 05:48 AM
The new itunes isn't very good but I can deal with it. People like the album banners thing but that gets boring after you spend 2 minutes looking at what color it chooses for your favorite albums.

Can you still have it set ot be text heavy like this:
http://i1242.photobucket.com/albums/gg527/IrritatedTrout/Untitled.jpg

Or does your library have to use the artwork slideshow thing?

Spiner202
12-05-2012, 06:07 AM
You can have it like that except the artwork moved from the spot it is in now to the title bar where the song plays and now it's really small.

Equally bad is that they removed the vertical bars in that view, so now instead of seeing tons of artists, you can only see a few at a time.

IrritatedTrout
12-05-2012, 07:47 AM
Sounds like it sucks. I won't be updating then.

GarageMetal468
12-05-2012, 08:56 AM
So I just took the easiest/best final ever.

Our Marketing Research final was to be taken on Blackboard (online database) but it was running REALLY slow. Like, it took 10 minutes to get it running, as well as 3 minute long gaps between questions. There happened to be a College of Business Christmas party going on where there are tons of food, and my teacher, who happens to be the laziest/hungry/greatest teacher ever, planned the exam and made it easy as hell so it would be out by the time the food came out. Since Blackboard was slow and they couldn't get paper copies of the exam, she let us all go and gave us all A's.

Long story short, my Marketing Research professor canceled our final because she was hungry.

Fuck. Yes.

IrritatedTrout
12-05-2012, 09:06 AM
That's awesome. I'm about to start on my Stats for International Relations take-home final now.

ravenheart
12-05-2012, 02:47 PM
Sounds like it sucks. I won't be updating then.

Y'all need to stop pretending it didn't before.

BloodoftheKings
12-05-2012, 03:29 PM
Y'all need to stop pretending it didn't before.

This. I already have foobar on my computer but I need to learn how to customize it. It's on my to do list.

IrritatedTrout
12-05-2012, 04:20 PM
I don't have any problems with it. It does what I need it to do.

dcmetal108
12-05-2012, 06:46 PM
The guitarist from Oceano just invited me out to go to a bar with him and everyone from Born Of Osiris. I wish I was 21 :(

kalfitegrdan
12-06-2012, 06:54 AM
The guitarist from Oceano just invited me out to go to a bar with him and everyone from Born Of Osiris. I wish I was 21 :(

Damn, dude. That sucks.

An unrelated, but similar story: I used to have the guitarist from Born of Osiris' (Lee) phone number. Sorry, I just wanted to feel like I knew people too.

ravenheart
12-06-2012, 07:12 AM
Sorry, I just wanted to feel like I knew people too.

Dextrimental
12-06-2012, 07:33 AM
Are Oceano still a band? I thought they had broken up. I'm going to see Born of Osiris here when they come over with The Haarp Machine, looking forward to it.

Currently putting off doing an essay due to a headcold. Woe is me!

mastodon421
12-06-2012, 07:51 AM
Are Oceano still a band? I thought they had broken up. I'm going to see Born of Osiris here when they come over with The Haarp Machine, looking forward to it.

Unfortunately yes they are still a band. They broke up for like 2 seconds and got back together. I am also procrastinating on an essay right now by being on here:D

dcmetal108
12-06-2012, 08:00 AM

Yeah they are a band again. They were going to take a break but everyone realized they were bored and wanted to tour so they started up again and ended up doing two huge tours back to back. I know they just got done doing a world tour actually.

energymetal14
12-06-2012, 10:40 AM
Just had my last class of the semester, done with finals Tuesday! Trying to relax and maybe get some work done in my room, but my suitemates are blasting Latin music (this has been going on basically nonstop, day and night, for the last 3-4 days). I can put up with this every once in awhile but this is just ridiculous!!

mastodon421
12-06-2012, 10:53 AM
Just had my last class of the semester, done with finals Tuesday! Trying to relax and maybe get some work done in my room, but my suitemates are blasting Latin music (this has been going on basically nonstop, day and night, for the last 3-4 days). I can put up with this every once in awhile but this is just ridiculous!!

Shit I thought I got done early! My last day of class is Monday and the only cumulative final I have to go in and take is next Thursday.

energymetal14
12-06-2012, 12:13 PM
Shit I thought I got done early! My last day of class is Monday and the only cumulative final I have to go in and take is next Thursday.

Yeah we end pretty early. Really finals end on Friday, but I only have one real exam and its on Tuesday, so i'm really early :D

mastodon421
12-06-2012, 01:49 PM
Yeah we end pretty early. Really finals end on Friday, but I only have one real exam and its on Tuesday, so i'm really early :D

I lucked out hardcore in getting out as early as I am. Next Thursday is the first day of finals at my school and that's when my only final is. Most of my friends that go to my school or go to another school don't get out until the 19th-21st.

John The Drummer
12-06-2012, 03:45 PM
Today is the first official day that Marijuana is legal in Washington... and I was driving through the University District... :lol: :lol: :lol: it smelt SO BAD.

Honestly, I cannot stand the smell of weed. My first encounter of it was in High School on the school bus. Some kid took a quick hit and it seriously smelt like someone shat themself. Hated it from day one :D

christopher
12-06-2012, 03:53 PM
Today is the first official day that Marijuana is legal in Washington... and I was driving through the University District... :lol: :lol: :lol: it smelt SO BAD.

Honestly, I cannot stand the smell of weed. My first encounter of it was in High School on the school bus. Some kid took a quick hit and it seriously smelt like someone shat themself. Hated it from day one :D

I thought you guys weren't allowed to smoke it in public?

John The Drummer
12-06-2012, 03:55 PM

That sure isn't preventing people from celebrating :lol:

christopher
12-06-2012, 04:08 PM
That sure isn't preventing people from celebrating :lol:

haha I guess you're right on that one.

Epidemic Reign
12-06-2012, 04:41 PM
Waiting on Wingstreet :drool:

dcmetal108
12-06-2012, 05:01 PM
So I have my interview to become a pharmacy technician on Monday, I hope I get it so I can get out of walmart.

IrritatedTrout
12-06-2012, 06:54 PM
What pharmacy?

christopher
12-06-2012, 07:21 PM
Stupid Slidebar. They announced there was going to be some huge secret show tonight and kept us all waiting. They said the announcement would be at 7:30pm, but didn't announce it until 8:15 that Stick to Your Guns was playing...:bouville: LAME!!!

JRA
12-06-2012, 07:22 PM

I have never smelled weed like that. Maybe he was smoking actual poop.

RampinUp46
12-06-2012, 08:16 PM
So my glassblowing job thing is looking more and more like a scam to everyone around me, so when I go in, I'm going to ask some questions and take some notes so I can be sure I'm not going to be ripped off... and apparently I'm going to be known as Fatticus in the band I'm in. Just to fuck with the guy who named me that, I'm planning on showing up onstage in Centurion armor (Walmart scooter optional) for a couple of shows.

Replace "bus" with "bathroom in my sophomore year", and "shat themself" with "Mrs. Dash's rancid crotch farts" and you'll get my opinion on that fake weed shit (spice, K2, whatever it's called).

And since Texas is full of skunks that die on the side of the road all the time, there's a joke between my friends and I that started when we were driving down the road one day. Now if someone smells a skunk (anywhere), this happens:

Person 1: "What the fuck is that smell?"
Person 2: "Either someone hit a skunk, or someone got an eighth and isn't sharing."

...Yeah, we're fucking idiots. :lol:

ravenheart
12-07-2012, 12:29 AM
...Yeah, we're fucking idiots. :lol:

:usa:

kalfitegrdan
12-07-2012, 01:01 AM
^:lol:

christopher
12-07-2012, 01:04 AM
:lol: damn British guy made me laugh for once

IrritatedTrout
12-07-2012, 06:13 PM
Just spent 2 and a half hours on my stats final and I'm only like 1/3rd finished.:hecho:

christopher
12-08-2012, 12:45 AM
So Social Distortion wasn't as awesome as I thought they'd be. They played all of White Light White Heat White Trash last night and do a regular set tonight. :flame: I at least got about 4 songs I haven't seen before. I might post a set later on...

Onioner
12-08-2012, 03:16 PM
Spending the entire day studying for differential equations. This is beyond painful.

John The Drummer
12-08-2012, 09:19 PM
The new YouTube layout fucking sucks :bouville:

Epidemic Reign
12-08-2012, 11:36 PM
I quit my job.

OraclesofAgony
12-09-2012, 12:02 AM
Been working like a mofo the past few days or so with my team to finish our Computer Science Senior Design Project. We're making a top-down arena style combat video game. I will pretty much be working all day for the next 3-4 days to wrap this up.

mankvill
12-09-2012, 01:47 PM
one more night of work, then a little break including High On Fire tomorrow night. Then after a short work week next week, an extended break! :D

christopher
12-09-2012, 04:39 PM
I'm heading out to see Metric at the Fox in Pomona!! :D

powerslave_85
12-09-2012, 04:45 PM
one more night of work, then a little break including High On Fire tomorrow night. Then after a short work week next week, an extended break! :D
Nice. I've got eight more days of work (well, 7 1/2: we're having our holiday party on Friday) then I'm off for almost two weeks. Can't wait.

dcmetal108
12-10-2012, 08:47 AM
Off to my interview to become a pharmacy technician. Hopefully it goes well so that I dont have to do carts ever again.

DethMaiden
12-10-2012, 09:06 AM
Nice. I've got eight more days of work (well, 7 1/2: we're having our holiday party on Friday) then I'm off for almost two weeks. Can't wait.

I work all next week. Then I get Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, New Year's Eve and New Year's Day. I work every other day. December 26th through 28th must be huge days for indie rock sales or something.

:hmm:

dcmetal108
12-10-2012, 11:46 AM
I GOT THE JOB!

I am now a pharmacy technician.

John The Drummer
12-10-2012, 12:06 PM
I GOT THE JOB!

YOU RICH AZN DOCTOR YET!?
I don't have much of a funky work schedule... just the normal 5 days one week, 6 days the next week, 5 days the next, and so on. I think the only day I have off is Christmas day... because everyone wants to buy autoparts on Christmas Eve :tongue:

rjturtle9
12-10-2012, 01:15 PM
Just got done with the first day of Insanity. I'm going to die.

Dextrimental
12-10-2012, 01:27 PM
I work all next week. Then I get Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, New Year's Eve and New Year's Day. I work every other day. December 26th through 28th must be huge days for indie rock sales or something.

Post Christmas is huge for music sales, purely because of gift vouchers. Friends who work in the local book shop and the HMV in the neighboring town say they are straight in as soon as Christmas day is done taking back in the gift vouchers they sold and just watching stock disappear.

DethMaiden
12-10-2012, 01:40 PM
Post Christmas is huge for music sales, purely because of gift vouchers. Friends who work in the local book shop and the HMV in the neighboring town say they are straight in as soon as Christmas day is done taking back in the gift vouchers they sold and just watching stock disappear.

Only I don't work for a store, I work in the office for a distro. My guess is it'll be slooooooooooooooow. ;)

dcmetal108
12-10-2012, 09:27 PM
Killswitch Engage might be the best performance I've ever seen a band do.

That show tonight was beyond fucking amazing.

XDoomsayerX
12-10-2012, 10:21 PM
Killswitch Engage might be the best performance I've ever seen a band do.

That show tonight was beyond fucking amazing.

Hey fuck you!

:tongue:

dcmetal108
12-11-2012, 07:59 AM
Hey fuck you!

:tongue:

hahahha man you missed a once in a lifetime thing.

They sounded amazing and alot of the songs from AOJB sounded heavy as fuck live. Jesse and Adam D were just funny as hell too.

XDoomsayerX
12-11-2012, 10:59 AM
hahahha man you missed a once in a lifetime thing.

They sounded amazing and alot of the songs from AOJB sounded heavy as fuck live. Jesse and Adam D were just funny as hell too.

Its cool, no way was I gonna pay $70+ to see that (CaliMetalFest)
As long as KSE plays mainly Jesse stuff when they tour I'll be happy :D

ravenheart
12-11-2012, 11:31 AM
Only I don't work for a store, I work in the office for a distro. My guess is it'll be slooooooooooooooow. ;)

That has less to do with the time of year and more to do with the hipster shit you peddle ;)

DethMaiden
12-11-2012, 11:39 AM
That has less to do with the time of year and more to do with the hipster shit you peddle ;)

Like this record from this total hipster?

http://www.amazon.com/Bottle-Pills-With-Bullet-Chaser/dp/B001GJ2ZGG

BOOM

christopher
12-11-2012, 12:00 PM
I GOT THE JOB!

Congrats man!!

energymetal14
12-11-2012, 01:18 PM
Just finished my last final of the semester! :party:

dcmetal108
12-11-2012, 01:33 PM
Its cool, no way was I gonna pay $70+ to see that (CaliMetalFest)
As long as KSE plays mainly Jesse stuff when they tour I'll be happy :D

I doubt that they will ever play 3/4ths of that album after this tour. Prepare for maybe 3 songs from AOJB on future tours. Jesse does the Howard songs just perfect though.

Congrats man!!

Thanks! I'm so fucking happy about it! Such a huge step up from carts at shitty fucking walmart.

DethMaiden
12-11-2012, 01:43 PM
R.I.P. to this dude, who masturbated himself to death when Rush made the RnR HOF today.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gi3qC_zQ4Po

treghet
12-11-2012, 01:48 PM
R.I.P. to this dude, who masturbated himself to death when Rush made the RnR HOF today.

XDoomsayerX
12-11-2012, 02:07 PM
Holy tits Gojira at the Glasshouse! Must attend! :D

MPF
12-11-2012, 03:13 PM
Interviewing Psychostick tonight in Minneapolis. Totally wasn't planning on it.

powerslave_85
12-11-2012, 05:04 PM

I'm so glad they got inducted so their fans can stop complaining and then immediately pretending like they didn't care in the first place.

BloodoftheKings
12-11-2012, 05:59 PM

Jackson posted this on facebook and I didn't even bother to watch it because I thought it was just gonna be something a 13 year old power metal fan made in windows movie maker. I busted out laughing just from seeing what that guy looks like. I don't think I can even make it through the whole video. If he's gonna complain that people think brutal death metal and grindcore are music then someone needs to show him harsh noise.

powerslave_85
12-11-2012, 06:18 PM
Jackson posted this on facebook and I didn't even bother to watch it because I thought it was just gonna be something a 13 year old power metal fan made in windows movie maker. I busted out laughing just from seeing what that guy looks like. I don't think I can even make it through the whole video. If he's gonna complain that people think brutal death metal and grindcore are music then someone needs to show him harsh noise.
If I had to create a parody of that kind of metal fan, that is exactly what I would come up with. Either that or a 40 year old dude with glasses, a goatee, ponytail, and a Rush t-shirt with a dragon on it.

ravenheart
12-12-2012, 01:27 AM
Like this record from this total hipster?

http://www.amazon.com/Bottle-Pills-With-Bullet-Chaser/dp/B001GJ2ZGG

BOOM

The Wino-that-isn't-Wino record? I don't get it :confused:

kalfitegrdan
12-12-2012, 06:34 AM
The venue's choice of music to play over the loudspeaker last night at Eluveitie was pretty hilarious. Before the show it was The Black Album, while Wintersun was setting up it was straight fist-pumping club music and while Eluveitie was setting up it was all metalcore/deathcore (Conducting From the Grave was the only thing I recognized).

Also, holy shit, Varg is such a good band live. Probably stole the show for me.

dcmetal108
12-12-2012, 06:59 AM
The venue's choice of music to play over the loudspeaker last night at Eluveitie was pretty hilarious. Before the show it was The Black Album, while Wintersun was setting up it was straight fist-pumping club music and while Eluveitie was setting up it was all metalcore/deathcore (Conducting From the Grave was the only thing I recognized).

Also, holy shit, Varg is such a good band live. Probably stole the show for me.

They had random choices for KSE. We heard NWA, club music, deathcore, metalcore, rock, pop. It was all over the place.

Sepultura69
12-12-2012, 08:27 AM
Holy tits Gojira at the Glasshouse! Must attend! :D

HOLY FUCKING SHIT!!! wh-wha-WHAT?!!?!?!?!? :eek: :eek:

smearCampaign
12-12-2012, 10:48 AM
I have a toothache and just got back from the dentist. Getting my wisdom teeth yanked out on Monday. So that means I will be loaded up on the Vicodin for Vomitor tonight and Louis CK tomorrow. Fuck.

larvtard
12-12-2012, 11:02 AM
I have a toothache and just got back from the dentist. Getting my wisdom teeth yanked out on Monday. So that means I will be loaded up on the Vicodin for Vomitor tonight and Louis CK tomorrow. Fuck.

Hey, I'm getting mine out tomorrow :lol: Is it kinda sad that I'm looking forward to the Vico/Perc? :hmm: Eh, whatever, I know they're weak opiates, but MJ's a bit boring nowadays.

GarageMetal468
12-12-2012, 11:57 AM
Shit, I'm getting mine out Friday as well! I think I will end up going to Dying Fetus, just taking it easy at the show though.

christopher
12-12-2012, 12:33 PM

I am so jealous of being all loaded up on meds for CK. That's going to be one amazing show. Hopefully you remember it all.

moobys37
12-12-2012, 03:29 PM
Just booked Dying Fetus for next Thursday!

dcmetal108
12-12-2012, 03:31 PM
I'm watching a insanely shitty horror movie.

John The Drummer
12-12-2012, 11:51 PM
just got home from dying fetus. that was probably the best show my band has ever put on. got so much positive feedback for it.

lots of drama too. i wish band members could quit and just go away *sigh*
but oh well, we sold out of a lot of merch!

ravenheart
12-13-2012, 02:36 AM
lots of drama too. i wish band members could quit and just go away *sigh*

Just shoot them.

:jima:

GarageMetal468
12-13-2012, 09:47 AM
So 2 of the questions on my business communications final I just took were the exact same thing. Word for word. The only difference was that the "is" in, "What is acceptable in a business report?" was italicized in one of the questions. On top of that, my professor threw a Neutral Milk Hotel reference in the exam. It was about whether or not it was cited correctly in APA format, it went something like:

Mangum (1998) states, "It is possible for one airplane pilot to fly the airplane over the sea."

Well, that's over with and winter break starts!... with my wisdom teeth coming out tomorrow. Goodie.

IrritatedTrout
12-13-2012, 09:51 AM
I took my one in-class final yesterday and I think I dominated it. Now I just need to finish that take-home...

John The Drummer
12-13-2012, 10:12 AM
Can anyone give me a really short video of a person, preferably of African-American race, saying "I KEEPS IT REAL!" or something to that effect. that'd be splendid :)

street_burial
12-13-2012, 11:15 AM
Can anyone give me a really short video of a person, preferably of African-American race, saying "I KEEPS IT REAL!" or something to that effect. that'd be splendid :)

here ya go. best I can do (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qz91wjSHtNI)

John The Drummer
12-13-2012, 11:37 AM
same one i found too :(
YouTube, you fail me.

dcmetal108
12-13-2012, 02:04 PM
http://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn1/532661_440979445957312_574870369_n.jpg

John The Drummer
12-13-2012, 02:09 PM
LOLOOLOLOL!!!!!!!!!!!!

BloodoftheKings
12-13-2012, 02:52 PM
Music made with real instruments is the only real music AMIRITE GUYS?!?!?

92% of teens have turned to pop and rap, like/share if you are part of the 8% that listens to REAL MUSIC.

XDoomsayerX
12-13-2012, 03:05 PM
Yo Quicksand they good? Playing with the aweosmetacular Title Fight but not sure if worth it.

Onioner
12-13-2012, 03:41 PM
Today I tried to do my first ever circuit project, a fixed wah-tone pedal. Turns out I can't solder for shit, my hands were shaking too much. :(

IrritatedTrout
12-13-2012, 04:11 PM
Just finished my semester!:party:

dcmetal108
12-13-2012, 06:30 PM
Holy shit this is funny.

former-attack-attack-bassist-john-holgado-is-the-stupidest-human-being-ever (http://www.metalsucks.net/2012/12/13/former-attack-attack-bassist-john-holgado-is-the-stupidest-human-being-ever/)

Props to MPF for it.

moobys37
12-13-2012, 06:42 PM
Yo Quicksand they good? Playing with the aweosmetacular Title Fight but not sure if worth it.
FUCKING GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

John The Drummer
12-13-2012, 08:21 PM
oh yeah, right before dying fetus went on last night they played "walk" over the pa :D. i jumped up at the merch table yelled "PAANTURRRRRUH" but everyone just looked at me as if i was crazy :eyes:

XDoomsayerX
12-13-2012, 08:39 PM
oh yeah, right before dying fetus went on last night they played "walk" over the pa :D. i jumped up at the merch table yelled "PAANTURRRRRUH" but everyone just looked at me as if i was crazy :eyes:

Pantera sucks :eyes:

John The Drummer
12-13-2012, 08:44 PM

that reminds me of a show i played. my singer was announcing our sepultura cover....

"this song is a cover..."
crowd: paaanturrruh
"no...but this band sucked in the 90s as well."

es156
12-13-2012, 09:11 PM
that reminds me of a show i played. my singer was announcing our sepultura cover....

ravenheart
12-14-2012, 04:24 AM
Chilling in the suspiciously quiet post-Christmas-party office.

Not very many active people here today :lol:

Dextrimental
12-14-2012, 06:13 AM

U SUCK!

R.I.P Dime :(

Currently chilling at home. Got some articles to write this evening then I am going to sleep like a BOSS.

RampinUp46
12-14-2012, 06:40 AM

Speaking of Pantera, apparently a local musician got a death threat for posting this picture on Facebook. Whether or not it's offensive enough to result in that depends on the person:

https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/151058_183687144980300_1909477_n.jpg

IrritatedTrout
12-14-2012, 06:50 AM
That's the greatest picture I've ever seen.

slapguitarer
12-14-2012, 07:00 AM
Yeah that's pretty amazing.

makethemsuffer12
12-14-2012, 07:40 AM

Speaking of Pantera, apparently a local musician got a death threat for posting this picture on Facebook. Whether or not it's offensive enough to result in that depends on the person:

https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/151058_183687144980300_1909477_n.jpg

I actually bursted out laughing when I saw that.

elturtleboy
12-14-2012, 11:04 AM
http://photos-a.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/s720x720/65069_4830763220589_1260857336_n.jpg

John The Drummer
12-14-2012, 03:49 PM
OMG THAT IS F'N LULZ!!!!!

I heard a rumor that Erik Danielsson of Watain is dating a chick from Seattle and is in town this week. My side band Divinorum is playing a show tonight and doing a "Satan's Hunger" cover. It'd be so rad if he showed up and did vocals for us :lol:

treghet
12-14-2012, 04:16 PM
OMG THAT IS F'N LULZ!!!!!

I heard a rumor that Erik Danielsson of Watain is dating a chick from Seattle and is in town this week. My side band Divinorum is playing a show tonight and doing a "Satan's Hunger" cover. It'd be so rad if he showed up and did vocals for us :lol:

If he does show up, you should give him a hug just to see how he reacts.

GarageMetal468
12-14-2012, 04:20 PM
Got my wisdom teeth out this morning. Moral of the story, don't take eating whatever you want for granted. I'm hungry :(

christopher
12-14-2012, 04:26 PM
God damn, those poor children in CT. It's sad that 20 kindergartners had to die today because of some shithead. I feel so bad for the family that had to wait in horror just to find out their kid was shot. :(

Dextrimental
12-14-2012, 04:40 PM
God damn, those poor children in CT. It's sad that 20 kindergartners had to die today because of some shithead. I feel so bad for the family that had to wait in horror just to find out their kid was shot. :(

Fucked up. Well and truly, there's just no other way to put it. Poor families.

Incidentally, this reminds of the Norway attack a year, and how even Varg of Burzum said 'No matter how extreme your beliefs are, you do not kill children'. Even someone with such extreme views as Varg could not consent to this level of insanity.

BloodoftheKings
12-14-2012, 04:51 PM
I really wish this was fake.

http://i.imgur.com/mnrcf.jpg

MPF
12-14-2012, 06:45 PM
:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

dcmetal108
12-14-2012, 07:49 PM
Got my wisdom teeth out this morning. Moral of the story, don't take eating whatever you want for granted. I'm hungry :(

You'll be eating Ramen for a week!

RampinUp46
12-14-2012, 07:50 PM
I really wish this was fake.

http://i.imgur.com/mnrcf.jpg

kalfitegrdan
12-15-2012, 01:24 AM
Beliebers are the fucking worst. Speaking of Justin Bieber, I just read about this (http://www.cnn.com/2012/12/13/us/justin-bieber-murder-plot/index.html) in the paper.

I missed Hanzel und Gretyl tonight because I went to the bar for a co-worker's birthday after work and ended up staying till 3 in the afternoon. :violin: I set an alarm for eight o'clock, but that just wasn't happening. I went to a DIY grind/punk show at the local place in town instead. This awesome powerviolence band (they called themselves "power bottom violence" :lol: which they had a hilariously inappropriate shirt for) from Detroit called Deadchurch. The most popular grindcore band in DeKalb, Minimum Wage Assassins, played and brought the noise as usual. It ended up being a pretty good night after all. Beer.

John The Drummer
12-15-2012, 08:45 AM
The killing was one of the saddest things I have ever heard :(
Who the fuck has the heart, or lack of, to kill so many kids who are still practically babies!? It's fucking pathetic. :(

On a lighter note, Hail Santa was amazing last night! Erik Danielsson never made it out, but "Cemetery Gates" come on over the PA and a couple drunk dudes started singing along :lol:

IrritatedTrout
12-15-2012, 09:22 AM
Got an A- in my IR Theory course.:(

ravenheart
12-15-2012, 11:58 AM
Only just found out the bassist in The Mars Volta is John Alderete. Huh.

slapguitarer
12-15-2012, 12:20 PM
Only just found out the bassist in The Mars Volta is John Alderete. Huh.

Yeah, I still find it crazy that the dude from Racer X is in the Mars Volta

RampinUp46
12-15-2012, 01:56 PM
Taking a break from moving. In the course of three hours, I've found $16 in change, an old demo CD from a show in 2010 I forgot about, and the guitar pick I caught from Munky last year.

dcmetal108
12-15-2012, 08:45 PM
http://www.stdmatch.net/

This is seriously a real dating site hahaha

ravenheart
12-16-2012, 01:09 AM
Yeah, I still find it crazy that the dude from Racer X is in the Mars Volta

From The Scream, more importantly.

John The Drummer
12-16-2012, 08:14 AM
http://www.stdmatch.net/

This is seriously a real dating site hahaha

There something you want to tell us? :)

John The Drummer
12-16-2012, 09:22 AM
So I am in need of a stage name for my latest musical endevour .... but I cannot think of a good one :(

I was thinking either using my stage name from my old band, Morbid, or switch up how my last name is spelt and have it be Diivos with an added umlaut or something :D

GarageMetal468
12-16-2012, 09:31 AM
So I am in need of a stage name for my latest musical endevour .... but I cannot think of a good one :(

I was thinking either using my stage name from my old band, Morbid, or switch up how my last name is spelt and have it be Diivos with an added umlaut or something :D

Johnnie Paul

RAZOR
12-16-2012, 01:31 PM
Working on my Sleep backpatch. :D

slapguitarer
12-16-2012, 01:43 PM

The dragonaut design?

RAZOR
12-16-2012, 01:50 PM
The dragonaut design?

Yep! So much detail! :hecho:

dcmetal108
12-16-2012, 01:54 PM
There something you want to tell us? :)

haha no my friend sent me a list of random dating site. Best one was tied with this and one made just for juggalos.

John The Drummer
12-16-2012, 01:55 PM
haha no my friend sent me a list of random dating site. Best one was tied with this and one made just for juggalos.

Oh, I am sure ;)

slapguitarer
12-16-2012, 01:55 PM
Yep! So much detail! :hecho:

I'm sure it'll look bitching when all is said and done!

Speaking of patches, anybody know a good site for patches? I've been thinking of adding some to my flannel.

RAZOR
12-16-2012, 01:58 PM
I'm sure it'll look bitching when all is said and done!

Speaking of patches, anybody know a good site for patches? I've been thinking of adding some to my flannel.

Thanks Slappy! :hug: I hope so, haha.

also, lolhipsterflannel.

slapguitarer
12-16-2012, 02:00 PM
It keeps me warm and feels comfy, so I wear it often, might as well use it as another medium to tell strangers what some of my favorite bands are.

RAZOR
12-16-2012, 02:10 PM
:lol: I actually got a red flannel buttondown last weekend, it is really comfy. ^^

slapguitarer
12-16-2012, 02:11 PM
Mines purple

RAZOR
12-16-2012, 04:42 PM
What kinda patches were you lookin' for Slappy?

slapguitarer
12-16-2012, 05:11 PM
What kinda patches were you lookin' for Slappy?

I don't really know. Mainly just a cool back patch and a few smaller ones. If there's a website anybody knows about that has a huge selection in patches and is reliable as far as prices and shipping, I'd appreciate the link.

RampinUp46
12-16-2012, 05:41 PM
I have finals starting tomorrow, and everyone on campus is stressing out. I'm actually pretty glad that I'm not in IB/AP classes just yet...

I'm assuming you'll post pics when you're done?

John The Drummer
12-16-2012, 08:39 PM
HOP UP OUTTA BED
TURN MAH SWAG ON
TOOK A LOK IN THE MIRROR AND SAID WASSUP
YEAAAAAH IM GETTIN MONEY
OHHHHHH

.....what a boring day it has been :bouville:

XDoomsayerX
12-16-2012, 08:56 PM
Sooo yeah 3 weeks to master C++ programming damn it!

christopher
12-17-2012, 12:57 AM

pobrecito

OraclesofAgony
12-17-2012, 02:09 AM

lolwut? You didn't come to the master for help? :lol:

Seriously though, I can try and help you. ;)

RAZOR
12-17-2012, 08:09 PM
I'm assuming you'll post pics when you're done?

Of course! :)

GarageMetal468
12-17-2012, 08:40 PM
Malignancy. Holy fucking shit. So good live, and hilarious! And that was my sixth time seeing Dying Fetus and easily the best. Cerebral Bore destroyed too. They were good at Summer Slaughter but were just awesome now.

OraclesofAgony
12-17-2012, 08:54 PM
Malignancy. Holy fucking shit. So good live, and hilarious! And that was my sixth time seeing Dying Fetus and easily the best. Cerebral Bore destroyed too. They were good at Summer Slaughter but were just awesome now.

Wish I could've made it to that. Was too busy with school at the time.

Well, I wouldn't have gotten to see Malignancy though, but I've still never seen Dying Fetus headline. Only seen them as support.

ravenheart
12-18-2012, 04:52 AM
Just heard of this guy (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jos%C3%A9_Luis_de_Jes%C3%BAs) for the first time.

I lol'd.

dcmetal108
12-18-2012, 06:53 AM
Going to see The Hobbit in a few hours!

Sepultura69
12-19-2012, 07:22 AM
hmmm. I'm thinking about possibly skipping out on the High on Fire show on Friday and just going to the Power of the Riff Fest tomorrow which also has them on the bill. Plus the Line up also has COC, Black Breath and Sun O)) :D

Although the Friday show is only five minutes away from my house. :hecho:

ravenheart
12-19-2012, 07:28 AM
hmmm. I'm thinking about possibly skipping out on the High on Fire show on Friday and just going to the Power of the Riff Fest tomorrow which also has them on the bill. Plus the Line up also has COC, Black Breath and Sun O)) :D

This makes 100% sense.

ravenheart
12-19-2012, 07:28 AM
Going to see The Hobbit in a few hours!

And not returning for several more...

dcmetal108
12-19-2012, 07:32 AM
And not returning for several more...

Yeah the movie started at 1pm and didn't get out till like 415pm.

christopher
12-19-2012, 12:08 PM

Although the Friday show is only five minutes away from my house. :hecho:

The Friday show also has COC, but BB and Sun O)) are definitely a plus for Thursday. Try to get to the POTR fest early so you can check out Void Ov Voices, its Attila's side project.

John The Drummer
12-19-2012, 03:03 PM
This month has sucked! I slept weird on my right hand the night of Wintersun and over stressed it. I then had practice for 2 weeks straight and played two shows. I've been trying to rest it up over the last 4 days, but due to work and me being the only one who can do the heavy lifting, I have messed it back up.

I am hitting the studio to record a CD on January 9th, and am worried I won't be healed in time if I keep being forced into stressing my hand more and more every day.

Tonight is the first time I will be drumming since Friday, so I am hoping I can pull through it. I'll take it easy, luckily the new Funeral Age songs we are working on aren't too bad on the blast beats (well.... certain parts, but not as hard as the past songs).

mankvill
12-19-2012, 04:13 PM
applying for new jobs! :party:

John The Drummer
12-20-2012, 12:21 PM
Isn't tomorrow the anniversary of David Golds death? I cant believe its already been a year :(

JRA
12-20-2012, 02:08 PM
applying for new jobs! :party:

Damn, didn't think you were being serious.

OraclesofAgony
12-20-2012, 05:10 PM
Got an A+ on my Senior Design Project! :party:

The hard work paid off.

christopher
12-20-2012, 06:57 PM
Got an A+ on my Senior Design Project! :party:

The hard work paid off.

Congrats man!! :party:

moobys37
12-20-2012, 08:54 PM
This sums up my sold-out Dying Fetus show tonight. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FONN-0uoTHI)

John The Drummer
12-20-2012, 09:06 PM
This sums up my sold-out Dying Fetus show tonight. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FONN-0uoTHI)

hahahahaha!! what happened?

moobys37
12-20-2012, 09:10 PM
hahahahaha!! what happened?

Well you know how Fetus usually plays 500-1000 cap rooms? They played a 125 cap room that was sold out. And mosh hungry. Hopefully that one guy's elbow isn't broken.

slapguitarer
12-20-2012, 09:18 PM
That sounds absolutely nuts. Was there a huge change in crowd reaction between DF and Vektor?

moobys37
12-20-2012, 09:27 PM
That sounds absolutely nuts. Was there a huge change in crowd reaction between DF and Vektor?

Show was DF/Revocation/Malignancy/Cerebral Bore. People didn't really get into Revocation.

OraclesofAgony
12-20-2012, 10:14 PM
Congrats man!! :party:

slapguitarer
12-20-2012, 10:17 PM
Show was DF/Revocation/Malignancy/Cerebral Bore. People didn't really get into Revocation.

Yet again, I confuse CD with DF. I don't know why I always do that.

ravenheart
12-21-2012, 02:13 AM
So has the apocalypse reached the US yet? We're still here.

dcmetal108
12-21-2012, 02:55 AM

6am here and doing fine.

John The Drummer
12-21-2012, 12:22 PM
I couldn't sleep due to my sinus' burning. At 2:00am the power went out :lol: :eyes:

slapguitarer
12-21-2012, 01:35 PM
Christmas shopping is done.

RampinUp46
12-21-2012, 01:44 PM

You're welcome. :jima:

Sepultura69
12-21-2012, 06:23 PM
HIGH on Fire Tonight!!!! My last metal show for 2012. :rocker:

Hope we get "turk", and "Blood from zion" :snivel:

Onioner
12-21-2012, 11:46 PM
I picked up a Bosse-de-Nage/Deafheaven split single that I helped record today at a record store in San Jose. It was a trippy, yet seriously cool as hell experience.

Sepultura69
12-22-2012, 12:30 AM
Just got back from the High on Fire show. All i gotta say is fucking WOW..

Review will soon be posted. :D

No more shows for 2012 for me but goddamn what a great way to go out. One of the best shows of the year and easily in my top five. :rocker:

kalfitegrdan
12-22-2012, 09:27 AM
I watched my friend's death metal band, Beneath the Floorboards, play at a house party last night. It was a pretty great time. Beer and metal and whatnot. :rocker: :realchug:

John The Drummer
12-22-2012, 12:45 PM
I watched my friend's death metal band, Beneath the Floorboards, play at a house party last night. It was a pretty great time. Beer and metal and whatnot. :rocker: :realchug:

.....they really are running out of names :lol:

elturtleboy
12-22-2012, 03:24 PM
Missing Midnight for the 3rd time tonight. Balls. Ill just use the last money I got to ask a friend who's going to get me a shirt.

christopher
12-22-2012, 03:32 PM
Missing Midnight for the 3rd time tonight. Balls. Ill just use the last money I got to ask a friend who's going to get me a shirt.

That sucks. I kind of wanted to go but don't have the money.

christopher
12-22-2012, 05:24 PM
I'm going to head out soon to pick up my girlfriend and head the the Glass House to see The Moving Units!!

slapguitarer
12-22-2012, 08:39 PM
I passed my Ear Training class! :D

kalfitegrdan
12-23-2012, 10:35 AM
.....they really are running out of names :lol:

:lol: Yeah, they ran out of hilariously brutal names with my friend's last two bands: Abortion with a Shotgun and Rusting Knife in the Gut of a Whore.

ravenheart
12-23-2012, 10:43 AM
:lol: Yeah, they ran out of hilariously brutal names with my friend's last two bands: Abortion with a Shotgun and Rusting Knife in the Gut of a Whore.

Beneath The Floorboards is better than both of those.

kalfitegrdan
12-23-2012, 10:49 AM
Beneath The Floorboards is better than both of those.

Eh, there's too many Beneath the... bands out there.

ravenheart
12-23-2012, 11:17 AM
I passed my Ear Training class! :D

What even is that?

ravenheart
12-23-2012, 11:18 AM

That doesn't make either of the other two any better ;)

RampinUp46
12-23-2012, 11:24 AM

Same with "Black", "Funeral", "Wolves" (and this one goes outside of metal), and pretty much anything Satan/demonic related.

kalfitegrdan
12-23-2012, 11:42 AM
That doesn't make either of the other two any better ;)

It's makes them look better in comparison. ;)

slapguitarer
12-23-2012, 01:10 PM
What even is that?

Training your ear to hear certain intervals and also singing and the like. Stuff we do is sing scales and modes, pieces of written music and intervals. As far as hearing, we do interval recognition, melodic dictation (hearing a melody or two ten writing them down) and harmonic dictation which is the same but four voices. It's a pain in the ass but a must for music majors.

John The Drummer
12-23-2012, 01:25 PM
Same with "Black", "Funeral", "Wolves" (and this one goes outside of metal), and pretty much anything Satan/demonic related.

im going to start a band called Beneath the Black Funeral Wolves

christopher
12-23-2012, 01:27 PM
im going to start a band called Beneath the Black Funeral Wolves

What about Beneath the Black Wolf's Funeral? :lol:

moobys37
12-23-2012, 02:14 PM
Trying to figure out why when you say "show is full, there is no room for another band", bands still beg to get on with horrible grammar to boot.

XDoomsayerX
12-23-2012, 04:05 PM
What about Beneath the Black Wolf's Funeral? :lol:

Nig you best trademark that! :tongue:

Sepultura69
12-24-2012, 06:04 AM
Time to get ready for work. I loving working holidays because it's usually dead and smooth sailing till I'm off. PEACE AND HAPPY HOLIDAYS FOLKS. - sep69

dcmetal108
12-24-2012, 06:08 AM
I work today 10-6, but since it's Walmart I doubt it will be anything but over the top insane.

ravenheart
12-24-2012, 06:14 AM
Fortunately I only had to work 9 til 12 today. But in an office, what the fuck is the point? People are only their to keep the chairs warm for a morning. Nothing you do will be looked at, and no one's going to attempt anything but the simplest tasks anyway because they don't want to get stuck beyond lunchtime.

My Christmas break can finally start. Until Thursday, when I'm back at work.

RampinUp46
12-24-2012, 11:26 AM
The inside of the Carl's Jr. smelled like weed today... :eyes:

ravenheart
12-24-2012, 11:45 AM
The inside of the Carl's Jr. smelled like weed today... :eyes:

Who's Carl, and why were you inside his son? :eyes:

John The Drummer
12-24-2012, 12:12 PM

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL OLO
LOLLOLOLOLOLOLOOL0L0L0L0L0L0L0L0L0L0L0L0L0LO0L0O0L 0L0L0L0L0
L0L0L0L00L0L0L0L0L0L0L0L0L0L0L0L0O0O0LOOOLOLOLLOLO LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL !!!!!!1111!!1Q1!Q111!!!!

dcmetal108
12-24-2012, 03:44 PM

Post of the year! :lol:

RampinUp46
12-24-2012, 05:41 PM
Post of the year! :lol:

This. :lol:

TonyD
12-27-2012, 10:36 AM
I realized I had major stoner rock problems when I had the volume all the way up in the car listening to Sky Valley and it still wasn't loud enough because my tube amp head was in the passenger seat blocking a speaker.

christopher
12-27-2012, 12:19 PM

John The Drummer
12-27-2012, 12:22 PM
A really good friend of mine was worried about my wrist problems. She texted me saying she bought me something to help it out, so we met up and she gave me this gel rub. IT HAS BEEN WORKING MIRACLES.

It doesn't neccessarily CURE it, but it relieves the pain. I had band practice last night, and it was the first time I've drummed in a couple weeks where I could actually focus on my playing, and not on how much my wrist was hurting :eek:.

I feel so grateful to have such a caring friend :D :D :D :D :D :D

ravenheart
12-27-2012, 02:57 PM
I realized I had major stoner rock problems when I had the volume all the way up in the car listening to Sky Valley and it still wasn't loud enough because my tube amp head was in the passenger seat blocking a speaker.

No, it still wasn't loud enough because that is a badly produced, horribly quiet album.

Onioner
12-27-2012, 03:50 PM
No, it still wasn't loud enough because that is a badly produced, horribly quiet album.

...what. The production on Welcome to Sky Valley is outstanding! Even though Brant's a total cymbal smasher you don't hear an annoying "psssssh" like on a lot of other albums he played on (The Action is Go by Fu Manchu comes to mind). The basslines are actually audible even though Josh's guitar is low as hell and the frequency spectrum is generally pretty even- the fact that the album isn't a sludgy mess is proof of that. When it comes to stoner rock, you really can't ask a whole lot more from the production than what you get with Sky Valley. And as for the quiet thing, do you mean in terms of the mastering or the songs themselves? The mastering is perfectly fine on Sky Valley, it didn't ruin the mix as some shit mastering jobs do and the dynamics were preserved since the master wasn't jacked to hell.

TonyD
12-27-2012, 11:17 PM

Quiet maybe, since it's pre-volume war and not compressed...
Badly produced?
http://i3.kym-cdn.com/entries/icons/original/000/007/423/untitle.JPG

BloodoftheKings
12-27-2012, 11:22 PM

:flame:

ravenheart
12-28-2012, 03:39 AM
:lol: Oops, wasn't expecting so much butthurt there.

Time to dig out my Kyuss albums and give them another listen, huh? ;)

mankvill
12-28-2012, 03:46 AM
I will be making the metalsetlists end of year submission thread this weekend.

Would anyone be interested in two lists: top albums and top ep's?

ravenheart
12-28-2012, 03:50 AM
I will be making the metalsetlists end of year submission thread this weekend.

Would anyone be interested in two lists: top albums and top ep's?

Personally no interest in EPs, but I know some of the sub-genres I don't like have had a good year for them, so I'd guess it'll be popular.

You're only doing it so you can include K-pop, aren't you?

mastodon421
12-28-2012, 04:29 AM
I'm against an EP list personally. I've only heard 5-6 this year and the only one that I feel strongly about is Revocation.

ravenheart
12-28-2012, 04:59 AM
I'm against an EP list personally. I've only heard 5-6 this year and the only one that I feel strongly about is Revocation.

But that's your fault. Doesn't make the idea a bad one, or mean that you have to participate if he does include an EP list.

mastodon421
12-28-2012, 05:18 AM
But that's your fault. Doesn't make the idea a bad one, or mean that you have to participate if he does include an EP list.

I'm fully aware it's my own doing and that I wouldn't have to participate if there was an EP poll, but regardless I still don't like the idea of having an EP poll.