PDA

View Full Version : The Official 'What Are You Doing' Thread Part VI

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18

XDoomsayerX
09-24-2012, 08:02 PM
I know... I live 10 minutes away (I'm under 21). :bouville: This will be the third time Cattle Decapitation has played there for free.

Damn that sucks. Well I just recently turned 21 so I havent been there once. haha But once you're 21 you'll be in heaven with all them free shows!

treghet
09-24-2012, 08:04 PM
Damn that sucks. Well I just recently turned 21 so I havent been there once. haha But once you're 21 you'll be in heaven with all them free shows!

Watch, when I turn 21 they will stop doing these.

christopher
09-24-2012, 08:08 PM
Upcoming Free Slidebar shows include:
Oct 29-Skeletonwitch
Nov 12-Revocation
Dec 8-Dying Fetus/Cattle Decap/Cerberal bore

Pretty, pretty cool. :cool:

Also some super secret shows coming up. Goddman this venue has booked some awesome bands. Dillinger Escape Plan and ETID being on top of that list.

I hope I can make the Revocation and Cattle Decap shows!! I see there are four secret shows. I hope they are awesome and my work schedule allows me to go!!

christopher
09-24-2012, 08:09 PM
Watch, when I turn 21 they will stop doing these.

I doubt it. They literally just started the awesome awesome shows in the last year or so.

treghet
09-24-2012, 08:21 PM
I doubt it. They literally just started the awesome awesome shows in the last year or so.

I know, I'm just being pessimistic because I can't go. :( But it's strange how they just started booking all these great shows out of nowhere. Up until last year I don't remember them ever having metal shows.

christopher
09-24-2012, 08:22 PM
I know, I'm just being pessimistic because I can't go. :( But it's strange how they just started booking all these great shows out of nowhere. Up until last year I don't remember them ever having metal shows.

Well, I never really looked on their website before I was old enough to go to bars. I do remember Shadows Fall playing there about 4 years ago and being bummed I couldn't go, but that's it.

OraclesofAgony
09-24-2012, 08:32 PM
Upcoming Free Slidebar shows include:
Oct 29-Skeletonwitch
Nov 12-Revocation
Dec 8-Dying Fetus/Cattle Decap/Cerberal bore

Pretty, pretty cool. :cool:

Also some super secret shows coming up. Goddman this venue has booked some awesome bands. Dillinger Escape Plan and ETID being on top of that list.

We are going to Revocation and Dying Fetus.

Sepultura69
09-24-2012, 09:29 PM

It might not mean much, but me and Christopher saw Dave Lombardo perform in that tiny little stage room. Not big on his philm but it was really cool seeing one of my all time heroes jam out in a tiny little room.

TonyD
09-24-2012, 09:44 PM
They know their demographic... let metalheads in for free and charge for alcohol.

christopher
09-24-2012, 09:49 PM
They know their demographic... let metalheads in for free and charge for alcohol.

Pretty much. Bar prices aren't too bad though.

rjturtle9
09-24-2012, 11:17 PM
I hope I can make the Revocation and Cattle Decap shows!! I see there are four secret shows. I hope they are awesome and my work schedule allows me to go!!

Which secret shows?!

christopher
09-24-2012, 11:27 PM
Which secret shows?!

The website just says "Super Secret Show"

rjturtle9
09-24-2012, 11:41 PM
The website just says "Super Secret Show"

But how do we know?! They can't do that to us!

XDoomsayerX
09-24-2012, 11:55 PM
Holy tits how did I miss this upcoming show at the Slidebar:
Oct 7-Letlive

Hell yeah! This band kills it live.

rjturtle9
09-25-2012, 03:28 AM
So, I think I have cancer. :hmm:

brutal_descent
09-25-2012, 05:28 AM

Are you serious? :(

rjturtle9
09-25-2012, 05:33 AM
Are you serious? :(

Going to the hospital in two hours when it opens. Gonna go get checked. Fuck...

brutal_descent
09-25-2012, 05:49 AM

Best of luck to you, man. Seriously. Cancer fucking blows, and that's an understatement in itself. Hoping you'll be okay :hecho:

RampinUp46
09-25-2012, 06:37 AM

Shit dude, I hope you'll be okay. Wishing you the best over here.

dcmetal108
09-25-2012, 07:05 AM

Hope everything works out in your favor man! Good luck bro!

Sepultura69
09-25-2012, 08:48 AM

I am about to leave to go to work but i just came online to say I hope everything is alright with you rjturtle. Sadly I've lost two of my friends to cancer(bone cancer and Lung cancer). Fuckin' sucks man, but i'm sure everything is going to be alright with you bro. Anyways, best of luck and keep us updated, man.

You are in our prayers good sir. :fist:

mastodon421
09-25-2012, 08:54 AM
Shit man, I hope you'll be alright.

rjturtle9
09-25-2012, 09:42 AM
Getting X-rays done. Looks like I'm in the clear but still better safe then sorry. Turns out what I had were not tumors. Thank Dio!

christopher
09-25-2012, 09:50 AM
Getting X-rays done. Looks like I'm in the clear but still better safe then sorry. Turns out what I had were not tumors. Thank Dio!

Yay <3

smearCampaign
09-25-2012, 10:09 AM

:party:

brutal_descent
09-25-2012, 10:25 AM
Glad you're okay, man.

street_burial
09-25-2012, 10:40 AM
Turns out what I had were not tumors. Thank Dio!

http://static.gigwise.com/artists/Image/RonnieJamesDio.jpg

Good to hear you're alright

mastodon421
09-25-2012, 11:21 AM
Glad to hear you're alright man.

John The Drummer
09-25-2012, 12:37 PM
:rocker: Keep on rockin, Turtle!

Going to record a couple songs for my side band after work tonight. Both very simple (minus one section in one song), so it shouldn't take more than a few hours, if even that!

rjturtle9
09-25-2012, 01:01 PM
Alright, good news, it wasn't cancer. Bad news, I have internal trauma problems. Like internal bruising and shit that sometimes gets mistaken as cancer. Thank you all for the kind words and sorry for jumping the gun a bit with the cancer post.

mankvill
09-25-2012, 01:13 PM
Alright, good news, it wasn't cancer. Bad news, I have internal trauma problems. Like internal bruising and shit that sometimes gets mistaken as cancer. Thank you all for the kind words and sorry for jumping the gun a bit with the cancer post.

Take it easy in the pit!

treghet
09-25-2012, 01:13 PM

That's a big relief. I can't imagine what it would be like having cancer at that age. :( What kind of treatment does this internal bruising entail though?

XDoomsayerX
09-25-2012, 03:51 PM

Stop thrashin' so much!

Fuuuck I'm gonna hate this quarter...or at least dislike it.

makethemsuffer12
09-25-2012, 03:59 PM
At the As I Lay Dying "secret" show in NYC. Just met Brian Slagel, Don Jameison, and Jose Mangin. Pretty cool.

illuminatus917
09-25-2012, 05:35 PM
Well the new Mumford & Sons album is literally Sigh No More part II.

slapguitarer
09-25-2012, 06:53 PM
The Scaruffi lecture was interesting, but probably not what people would be interested in. He basically gave a history of the Silicon Valley and stuff of that sort.

mankvill
09-25-2012, 07:12 PM
Well the new Mumford & Sons album is literally Sigh No More part II.

But is that really a bad thing?

illuminatus917
09-25-2012, 07:40 PM
But is that really a bad thing?

I don't know yet. It can be bothersome though when tracks from the new album sound like they could've literally been recorded with the previous album but put on this one.

This sounds 100% recycled.

Their first album was immediately infectious (:eyes:), this one isn't for that reason.

street_burial
09-25-2012, 08:02 PM
I've decided I need to get my shit together. I spend too much time every day just in a depressing mood and complaining about my life and I've done nothing to change it. This stops now.

illuminatus917
09-25-2012, 08:09 PM
I've decided I need to get my shit together. I spend too much time every day just in a depressing mood and complaining about my life and I've done nothing to change it. This stops now.

Re-appropriating your life isn't an easy thing to do. But making your mind up to do it is a healthy first step towards something better.

Good luck my friend. :fist:

MPF
09-25-2012, 08:14 PM

As I said on Facebook....ABOUT FUCKING TIME!

You are a great guy, man. And you have a lot of potential to be happy. Getting everything straightened out, focusing on what is important is exactly what you need, and you are in the perfect timing for it. Just make sure to do it right.

BloodoftheKings
09-25-2012, 08:21 PM
The Scaruffi lecture was interesting, but probably not what people would be interested in. He basically gave a history of the Silicon Valley and stuff of that sort.

Did he talk about music at all?

slapguitarer
09-25-2012, 08:56 PM
Not a single word of music

brutal_descent
09-25-2012, 11:07 PM

I came to this conclusion (though not all of what you said applies to me) a week ago, too. Since then, I've committed to several extra-curricular activities and have started pursuing a relationship with someone I've admired for some time. Feels good, man.

BloodoftheKings
09-25-2012, 11:15 PM

I came to this conclusion (though not all of what you said applies to me) a week ago, too. Since then, I've committed to several extra-curricular activities and have started pursuing a relationship with someone I've admired for some time. Feels good, man.

Wish I had this kind of motivation. My school year so far has consisted of waiting til the last second to complete assignments, staying in bed til 1 pm, and not sleeping at all 2 nights a week. I plan to start looking for a job sometime soon but I need to get my shit together first.

brutal_descent
09-25-2012, 11:24 PM

I've also started an exercise regiment, though I'm not sure how long I'll last. I figure I should take everything one step at a time and not wear myself out off the bat.

rjturtle9
09-26-2012, 12:54 AM
That's a big relief. I can't imagine what it would be like having cancer at that age. :( What kind of treatment does this internal bruising entail though?

They said it will go away on its own over time.

illuminatus917
09-26-2012, 08:02 AM
Wish I had this kind of motivation. My school year so far has consisted of waiting til the last second to complete assignments, staying in bed til 1 pm, and not sleeping at all 2 nights a week. I plan to start looking for a job sometime soon but I need to get my shit together first.

I think we've all been there at some point. I've never been a procrastinator with assignments, but I used to forfeit way too much sleep to stay up all night and watch Star Trek. And I still sleep until 1:00pm if I haven't an excuse to get up.

dcmetal108
09-26-2012, 08:19 AM

hahahaha my school year has consisted of leaving class early, watching netflix during class, and meeting a guy whos also a huge metalhead.

energymetal14
09-26-2012, 08:21 AM

This sounds exactly like me. I stay up way too late every night, usually doing nothing at all and/or feeling like shit for not doing my work, and end up either not sleeping or sleeping through class. I have a job on weekend nights, but even that sucks cause I have no free time. Shit gets easier, but it might seem hard at first.

They said it will go away on its own over time.

Dude, glad to hear you're okay. I saw that you might have cancer reading through this thread and that freaked me out.

John The Drummer
09-26-2012, 04:11 PM
rjturtle9: Stay healthy, ninja! I had a small lump and bruising near my hip, freaked me out, then went away after a week or two.... still want to get it checked out just to be safe.

On a lighter note... recorded the two songs last night, turned out pretty dope. Drumming is really basic in these songs, so it was simple to just throw on the headphones and bust it out.

moobys37
09-26-2012, 07:58 PM
Winter's Wake is getting nutty. Just finalized a band featuring a legend I never thought I'd be able to land. Hoping to announce this entire thing by mid-October!

rjturtle9
09-27-2012, 01:45 AM
Thanks bros! :bliss:

Alduin
09-27-2012, 07:35 AM
I had a bit of a cancer scare awhile ago, found a lump on my left nut lol, turn out it was just a cyst

rjturtle9
09-27-2012, 10:26 AM
I had a bit of a cancer scare awhile ago, found a lump on my left nut lol, turn out it was just a cyst

That's exactly what happened to me two days ago :lol:

energymetal14
09-27-2012, 11:21 AM
So I got put on this Saturday to work (the night of Morbid Angel), enen though I asked for it off three months ago, and it didn't seem like I was gonna get it off. But, just found out they found someone to cover for me:party::party::rocker::rocker: Gonna owe someone big time, but after missing Saint Vitus Monday there was no way I was missing this.

John The Drummer
09-27-2012, 12:25 PM
Probably going to be off of work early since we are slow as hell. Once that occurs I am going to rush home and play Batman Arkham Asylum until dinner time, then watch Incredible Hulk while eating (praying it isn't too bad, I know how these Hulk movies are not always good).

Other then that, I've been trying to promote as hard as I can on my band. Made a post on the Ultimate Metal Forums and someone said he's gonna try to get us a show in Portland FINALLY :rocker: (Portland doesn't want to book us for some reason :lol: ) Also pretty stoked on the Dying Fetus show, we figure it'll be roughly the same crowd as Decapitated, and that crowd slayed last year, so this time will only be better, or so I would think :eyes:

Onioner
09-27-2012, 12:58 PM
So yesterday I had an interview with Kreator. Mille Petrozza has done literally every Kreator interview I've ever seen, so I prepared two pages worth of really good questions to ask him. I meet their tour manager and he says I'm gonna interview Sami instead! So I ended up having to improvise the entire thing. I think it came out way better than I could have hoped for considering what a train wreck it could have been. It definitely helped that Sami is my favorite thrash guitarist so there was a lot I wanted to talk to him about just off the top of my head. I'll put it up over the weekend, and hopefully you dudes will like it!

treghet
09-27-2012, 01:28 PM
Just looked on the Key Club website to figure out what time to leave for the Obituary show and I see that they have TEN local bands opening the show. :wtf:

dcmetal108
09-27-2012, 01:37 PM
Just looked on the Key Club website to figure out what time to leave for the Obituary show and I see that they have TEN local bands opening the show. :wtf:

hahahahahahahahahahaha. I think the most local openers I've ever seen on a show is 6.

IrritatedTrout
09-27-2012, 01:56 PM
Just finished my first grad school paper. 23 pages and a month and a half before the due date.:D

energymetal14
09-27-2012, 02:01 PM

That is so obnoxious haha

Onioner
09-27-2012, 02:05 PM

I counted eleven! Hopefully they'll set up a second stage downstairs like they did at Saxon last year. I'll rage if Obituary's set gets cut.

OraclesofAgony
09-27-2012, 02:30 PM

Maybe the Whisky A Go Go promoters are promoting this show.

Either way it's ridiculous.

OraclesofAgony
09-27-2012, 02:37 PM
I counted eleven! Hopefully they'll set up a second stage downstairs like they did at Saxon last year. I'll rage if Obituary's set gets cut.

Wait, they set up a stage in that tiny little area where the merch usually is? Or is there a different area down there?

Sepultura69
09-27-2012, 04:05 PM
I'm glad I'm not the only one that is puzzled by the fact that ten bands are opening at the Obituary show. I went online today to see what time the show would start, assuming that doors open at nine and the three opening bands start around 9:30ish, thinking I could leave around that time and get to the show by 10:30 pm missing a band or two and getting there just in time for obituary. With Ten bands opening, and doors opening at 5pm and the show starting at 5:30pm i'm kind stuck on what time i wanna leave...

Really though....ten fucking bands..... fucking A..

daimonos
09-27-2012, 04:43 PM
Thinking about redeeming myself for my incomplete doom thread...

;)

Sepultura69
09-27-2012, 04:52 PM
Thinking about redeeming myself for my incomplete doom thread...

;)

:party::rocker:

daimonos
09-27-2012, 04:59 PM
:party::rocker:

Finishing up my list as we speak :horns:

Sepultura69
09-27-2012, 08:10 PM
I keep calling the key club to see if there are ticket still available for the show tonight. Would suck if I drive all the way down to LA and find out the show is sold out. :flame:

christopher
09-27-2012, 08:19 PM
I keep calling the key club to see if there are ticket still available for the show tonight. Would suck if I drive all the way down to LA and find out the show is sold out. :flame:

I text treghet about it and he said he doubts there are any tickets left.

Sepultura69
09-27-2012, 08:23 PM
I text treghet about it and he said he doubts there are any tickets left.

I'm thinking about taking the risk to driving up to LA, I really wanna see obituary. Fucking A, I've called like 20 times but no one is answering... :hecho:

I should probably leave now, by the time i get to the key club it will be around 10:40ish.

Obituary should have added a date at the observatory in santa Anna. It seems like every tour is hitting that spot now, and it's so convenient for me since it's only about 5-10 minutes away from my pad.

christopher
09-27-2012, 08:35 PM
I'm thinking about taking the risk to driving up to LA, I really wanna see obituary. Fucking A, I've called like 20 times but no one is answering... :hecho:

I should probably leave now, by the time i get to the key club it will be around 10:40ish.

Obituary should have added a date at the observatory in santa Anna. It seems like every tour is hitting that spot now, and it's so convenient for me since it's only about 5-10 minutes away from my pad.

Broken Hope is already on, so Obituary might be going on before 10:40.

Sepultura69
09-27-2012, 08:38 PM
Broken Hope is already on, so Obituary might be going on before 10:40.

oh, fuck me... Really? I just kind of assumed obituary would come out at like 11pm or something. I remember when I saw Napalm Death at the key club they didn't come out until twelve in the morning and played a solid one hour set, I remember the show finished at EXACTLY one in the morning(I looked at the small clock on the right side of the stage next to the amps).

XDoomsayerX
09-27-2012, 09:07 PM
So school blew...but hey Suffocation and Origin doing a free show this Saturday and The Faceless doing a free headliner on Oct 21. Coool

Sepultura69
09-27-2012, 09:11 PM
So school blew...but hey Suffocation and Origin doing a free show this Saturday and The Faceless doing a free headliner on Oct 21. Coool

So do this mean you're gonna be at the art gallery? :D

XDoomsayerX
09-27-2012, 10:19 PM
So do this mean you're gonna be at the art gallery? :D

Im free Saturday and I'll have Scott(srm90) chip in for gas cuz I knew he loves these bands. Assuming christopher and treghet go,Metalsetlist party!:tongue:

treghet
09-28-2012, 12:44 AM
oh, fuck me... Really? I just kind of assumed obituary would come out at like 11pm or something. I remember when I saw Napalm Death at the key club they didn't come out until twelve in the morning and played a solid one hour set, I remember the show finished at EXACTLY one in the morning(I looked at the small clock on the right side of the stage next to the amps).

Judging by the post times I'm guessing you didn't go. You missed out, man!

Im free Saturday and I'll have Scott(srm90) chip in for gas cuz I knew he loves these bands. Assuming christopher and treghet go,Metalsetlist party!:tongue:

I would definitely be there if I was 21. :(

Onioner
09-28-2012, 02:44 AM
Just got home from Obituary. Awesome show from all the touring acts, and I had a really great time when I wasn't being a meat shield for my friend so she could enjoy her time in the front row haha. I forgot how straight retarded, rude and plain creepy some LA metalheads are- it made me miss my bay area thrash and death crowds (when they bothered to come out of course).

Sepultura69
09-28-2012, 05:40 AM
I gotta head out to work pretty soon, hey tregh, and Onioner, what time did Obituary come out?

And yeah tregh, fucking sucks I missed out man. I was gonna leave to LA like my usual time(930ish), but no one was answering the phone at the key club. Every time I go to a show at that venue I usually call before heading on out, and 99.9% of the time they always answer and usually they still have tickets left(for whatever show it is)..

I must make up for this by seeing the all mighty Suffocation on Saturday. But yeah, would like to get a good idea at what time obituary came on because christopher told me broken hope came on around 9:40ish.

Onioner
09-28-2012, 06:12 AM
Obituary came on a little after 11 PM. The set times had them scheduled for 10:45.

Sepultura69
09-28-2012, 07:46 AM
Obituary came on a little after 11 PM. The set times had them scheduled for 10:45.

AH!!! Damn! So i could have probably made it to the show! The only thing stopping me from going was if tickets were still available or not. I called the key club like 40 times but no one answered the goddamn phone. I figured since broken hope came on around 9:40 that would mean obituary comes out earlier than usual..

mankvill
09-28-2012, 10:41 AM
Just got a call back from the place that hired me. They're interested! :D Going in in a bit to finish up paperwork and stuff. Hooray!

TonyD
09-28-2012, 12:11 PM
Just got a call back from the place that hired me. They're interested! :D Going in in a bit to finish up paperwork and stuff. Hooray!

Wut.
I too just got a new job, starting tomorrow.

treghet
09-28-2012, 01:24 PM
AH!!! Damn! So i could have probably made it to the show! The only thing stopping me from going was if tickets were still available or not. I called the key club like 40 times but no one answered the goddamn phone. I figured since broken hope came on around 9:40 that would mean obituary comes out earlier than usual..

You probably could have made it, but you might have missed some of Obituary's set. I had to wait in line for about 20 minutes when I got there at 9.

mankvill
09-28-2012, 02:04 PM
Wut.
I too just got a new job, starting tomorrow.

Whoops, I meant that I interviewed with.

But yeah, now it's official! I start Oct. 15!

High five for job-getting!

TonyD
09-28-2012, 02:49 PM
Is it a for srs big kid post college job or a Joe job like me?

mankvill
09-28-2012, 02:53 PM
Is it a for srs big kid post college job or a Joe job like me?

Actually it'll be my first for srs big kid post college job. Like... I have a SALARY now!

dcmetal108
09-28-2012, 03:35 PM
So apparently Cypress Hill are playing a tiny club in Chicago next week but its 21+.

Sepultura69
09-28-2012, 06:59 PM
About to head out with some friends to go see GZA perform Liquid Swords in its entirety. This will be my 6th, or 7th time seeing GZA perform this amazing album. :D

dcmetal108
09-28-2012, 07:34 PM
So tomorrow I am moving some of my stuff into my familys new house although since my room is still having the tiles put in I won't actually be living in the room for anywhere between a week and two weeks. That means i won't have a computer. Now I might be able to use my familys laptop after I set up wifi and check back the site but if not then I won't be back on till my room is done.

Now if I really need / want to talk to anyone I'll either talk to you on facebook or text you.

So see you guys then, when I get back you'll get to hear about how fucking great the Trapped Under Ice show was with JD.

rjturtle9
09-28-2012, 09:16 PM
About to head out with some friends to go see GZA perform Liquid Swords in its entirety. This will be my 6th, or 7th time seeing GZA perform this amazing album. :D

Wait, what?! Where?!

MPF
09-28-2012, 09:25 PM
Spent all night on band related matters. Back on the 16th, my band got an incredible gig offer for a show in about 4-5 months from now. 3/4ths of my band was all for it, but my guitarist wanted no part in it because he didn't think we would be ready by then to do this show. He thought this way so much that he quit a week later. Since then my bassist, singer, and I have been trying to figure out what to do. Tonight we got together and decided to carry on in the musical style we had been for the last few months and also make the band a 5 piece. My bassist is switching to guitar, we are adding another guitarist who is a friend of ours, and we will be auditioning for a bassist starting tomorrow. We already have 4 bassists interested, which is pretty cool considering bassists and drummers are usually the hardest musicians to find.

For anyone interested I will make a thread about it in the musician's section once we get everything finalized. And the show I eluded to in this post will have some of you guys very, very interested.

ShatteredFlame
09-28-2012, 10:42 PM

Did Killer Mike open this show? I am trying to go to the New York one. Killer Mike opening is icing on the cake.

BloodoftheKings
09-28-2012, 11:50 PM
Did Killer Mike open this show? I am trying to go to the New York one. Killer Mike opening is icing on the cake.

I heard about the NY show but I had no idea Killer Mike was opening. That sounds like a great show.

Sepultura69
09-28-2012, 11:57 PM
Well fuck me...

I have seen GZA 6-7 times now, and he usually comes out no earlier than 12 am - 12:30 am, with the exception of rock the bells which is a pretty organized rap festival. So we get to the venue at 11pm and decided to kick it old school style and puff a couple of blunts, crack open a couple brews before heading in. We finally get our tickets around 11:45pm and go inside only to find GZA performing..

Not only that, but five minutes later the show is over. So we basically paid 20 bucks to see GZA play for 5 minutes...

First Obituary last night, Gza Tonight... My streak of shows hasn't been very good.. Well, i'm a go get some rest. I got work in six hours. And then...SUFFOCATION

EDIT: We all tried getting a refund but the son of a bitch wouldn't give us our money back...

XDoomsayerX
09-29-2012, 12:01 AM
Well fuck me...

I have seen GZA 6-7 times now, and he usually comes out no earlier than 12 am - 12:30 am, with the exception of rock the bells which is a pretty organized rap festival. So we get to the venue at 11pm and decided to kick it old school style and puff a couple of blunts, crack open a couple brews before heading in. We finally get our tickets around 11:45pm and go inside only to find GZA performing..

Not only that, but five minutes later the show is over. So we basically paid 20 bucks to see GZA play for 5 minutes...

First Obituary last night, Gza Tonight... My streak of shows hasn't been very good.. Well, i'm a go get some rest. I got work in six hours. And then...SUFFOCATION

EDIT: We all tried getting a refund but the son of a bitch wouldn't give us our money back...

Well that blows donkey dick. I saw Dom Kennedy and he was okay.

Sepultura69
09-29-2012, 12:07 AM
Well that blows donkey dick. I saw Dom Kennedy and he was whatever.

ahahahhaha, cmon dude. Don't compare Dom Kennedy to a legend like the GZA of Wu Tang Clan. And yeah it does blow donkey dick, especially since this is as close as GZA will ever have to playing near me. Every other time has usually been a 40-60 minute drive. The show tonight at the observatory is only about 10 minutes away from my pad. The worst part is that we were there and parked and we could have still made it but meh, it's our own faults, no one else to blame so what ever..

But..

Suffocation in 22 more hours :tongue:

Scott PMed me his cell number, but I just remembered that my cell phone battery is chipped meaning it is kind of fucked right now for the time being. But I'll find you guys. :hmm:

XDoomsayerX
09-29-2012, 12:19 AM
ahahahhaha, cmon dude. Don't compare Dom Kennedy to a legend like the GZA of Wu Tang Clan. And yeah it does blow donkey dick, especially since this is as close as GZA will ever have to playing near me. Every other time has usually been a 40-60 minute drive. The show tonight at the observatory is only about 10 minutes away from my pad. The worst part is that we were there and parked and we could have still made it but meh, it's our own faults, no one else to blame so what ever..

But..

Suffocation in 22 more hours :tongue:

Scott PMed me his cell number, but I just remembered that my cell phone battery is chipped meaning it is kind of fucked right now for the time being. But I'll find you guys. :hmm:

I wasnt comparing them just kinda put out there. haha Ive never really heard GZA but I've heard me some Wu Tang Clan.

Yeah we gotta meet prior to Suffocation/Origin cuz I dont know how we"re gonna kill time that gig doesnt start til 10pm.

Sepultura69
09-29-2012, 12:26 AM
we gotta meet prior to Suffocation/Origin cuz I dont know how we"re gonna kill time that gig doesnt start til 10pm.

FOSHIZZLE, It's all good amigo, will see what happens. I'm gonna go catch some Zzzz's before i start work. Guh night :fist:

makethemsuffer12
09-29-2012, 06:23 AM

But wasn't it YOUR fault that you showed up too late?

rjturtle9
09-29-2012, 08:49 AM
But wasn't it YOUR fault that you showed up too late?

That's the same thing I was thinking. Always know the set times if you're gonna be partaking in pre show partying.

AnataFan4Life
09-29-2012, 10:09 AM
Stalking The Black Dahlia Murder's facebook page for new bands :rocker:

TonyD
09-29-2012, 10:26 AM
That's the same thing I was thinking. Always know the set times if you're gonna be partaking in pre show partying.

I remember seeing some dudes that acted like they were totally jipped missing Gwar and only catching Cradle of Filth at the Viva La Bands tour after they were pregaming. It only said Cradle of Filth in bigger letters above everything else on the marquee...

El Gordo
09-29-2012, 01:55 PM

Lol you're an asshole if you really thought you should get a refund for missing a set because you were outside getting high and drunk. It's as ridiculous as getting mad about getting kicked out of a show for smoking weed inside the venue!

brutal_descent
09-29-2012, 02:03 PM
Lol you're an asshole if you really thought you should get a refund for missing a set because you were outside getting high and drunk. It's as ridiculous as getting mad about getting kicked out of a show for smoking weed inside the venue!

I smell a shitstorm brewin', son

Sepultura69
09-29-2012, 02:15 PM

I smell a shitstorm brewin', son

Shit smells good, especially if it's good shit. :cool:

Yeah yeah yeah, I already said a couple of posts earlier that it's my own damn fault, no one else to blame, oh well. That was the past, now its the present. And BECAUSE OF THAT..

MOTHER FUCKING SUFFOCATION TONIGHT. W00t w00t!!! I Just printed out the directions to get to the damn art gallery to get my free wristband, as well as the bar where the show is taking place! Getting really excited. REALLY EXCITED!!! Looking forward to meeting you smr90 and XdoomsayerX. METAL SETLIST MEET UP UNITE!!!! :fist:

ravenheart
09-29-2012, 02:20 PM
MOTHER FUCKING SUFFOCATION TONIGHT. W00t w00t!!! I Just printed out the directions to get to the damn art gallery to get my free wristband, as well as the bar where the show is taking place! Getting really excited. REALLY EXCITED!!! Looking forward to meeting you smr90 and XdoomsayerX. METAL SETLIST MEET UP UNITE!!!! :fist:

Chances of him missing the show due to being too drunk and/or high?

powerslave_85
09-29-2012, 02:21 PM
I'll take that action.

mankvill
09-29-2012, 02:38 PM

"WHAT DO YOU MEAN I CAN'T LIGHT UP A JOINT IN AN ART GALLERY?!"

brutal_descent
09-29-2012, 02:39 PM

:lol:

XDoomsayerX
09-29-2012, 02:49 PM

I thought they provided da dank!

Quick work out then a fabulous art gallery afterwords. :D

RampinUp46
09-29-2012, 05:12 PM
I remember seeing some dudes that acted like they were totally jipped missing Gwar and only catching Cradle of Filth at the Viva La Bands tour after they were pregaming. It only said Cradle of Filth in bigger letters above everything else on the marquee...

I remember breaking the news to a couple of CoB fans that the band had finished Hate Crew Deathroll literally seconds before they walked into the venue (one of them bitched at his friend, "fuck you, you owe me a beer now!".

I can't blame them though, since the band shared the top billing with Black Label Society (Clutch was down below with 2Cents).

brutal_descent
09-30-2012, 12:49 AM
Had nothing to do on Saturday since the internet was out, so I picked up Deathhammer and Surprise! You're Dead on guitar by ear :rocker:

John The Drummer
09-30-2012, 04:03 PM
lolololol I just found a video of the local Dio Tribute band and you can occasionally see my drunk ass on the far left singing and rocking out :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UkyDmw2U_1E

GarageMetal468
10-01-2012, 07:55 AM
So Sourvein brought out Randy fuckin Blythe last night at the Saint Vitus show... Did not expect that!

mankvill
10-01-2012, 09:17 AM
Just won two tix to Saint Vitus tomorrow! :party:

John The Drummer
10-01-2012, 12:56 PM
Just won two tix to Saint Vitus tomorrow! :party:

Are you going to take me? :lovedup::angel::milk::fist::jima::usa:

RampinUp46
10-01-2012, 08:45 PM
Just played the first ten minutes of Dopesmoker on guitar, and as a result, my fingers want to stay in a constant bar chord.

...Fuck, this stings like hell.

smearCampaign
10-01-2012, 09:10 PM
Just played the first ten minutes of Dopesmoker on guitar, and as a result, my fingers want to stay in a constant bar chord.

...Fuck, this stings like hell.

I fucking hope Sleep gets added to Chaos in Tejas next year.

mankvill
10-01-2012, 09:21 PM
http://www.jukeboxmetal.com/2012/chaos-in-tejas-festival-2012/

My band reviews are up, if anyone wants to read how shitty I am at reviewing things.

MPF
10-01-2012, 10:33 PM
Watched about 15 minutes of Monday Night Football with Saint Vitus on their tour bus tonight. It was a damn cool.

Also caught a stick during the show.

kalfitegrdan
10-02-2012, 04:36 AM
Over the weekend my roommate's friend came up from Nebraska for the main reason of doing this challenge at this local pizzeria which entails eating their 24" Hurricane pizza in one sitting by yourself (it used (http://vinnyspizzadekalb.com/2011/02/hurricane-pizza-challenge/) to be a two-man challenge with a stuffed Hurricane pizza eaten in under 24 minutes). The rules were something like no leaving the lobby, no going to the bathroom and no vomiting among others. If you win you get one free small pizza every week for life until someone beats your time (no one has beat it yet and only one team beat the other one). So the guy was just going to sit in there all day from 1:00 to 4:00 AM and just demolish it and I have never seen someone so confident in their eating abilities. He knew he was gonna win.

Anyway, we dropped him off at the pizzeria and watched him eat a slice and then left to go donate plasma. Like, ten minutes after we got there he texted my roommate and said that he was finished and we were just astonished at that...that is, until he finished the story. Apparently he ate four out of the eight slices in 25 minutes and then vomited all over himself and the lobby and then cleaned himself up and quickly left the place and quote "saw a couple walking and they made me want to puke, so I waited till they were passing me and puked over the bridge and then puked a few more times after that." He puked a couple more times when he got back to my house and continued to have a pretty unlucky weekend as his head gasket on his car blew the day before and he ended up stranded on the way home ("thankfully not in fucking Iowa!"). I got the other half of the pizza outta this, so fuck it, I'm not complaining

tl;dr random story from last weekend. Who cares? :D

dcmetal108
10-02-2012, 12:26 PM
So trying to read this site on a phone sucks.

XDoomsayerX
10-02-2012, 01:49 PM
FUCK DIS HEAT!

rjturtle9
10-02-2012, 03:02 PM
FUCK DIS HEAT!

Tell me about it! I just came back from Vegas and it is way cooler over there then it is here! I've never been one to say this, but holy fuck I can't wait till winter!

John The Drummer
10-02-2012, 04:08 PM
All yall should buy one, or two :D

http://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/550856_10152184882155601_965194608_n.jpg

street_burial
10-02-2012, 06:46 PM
Got a new job :D

A froyo/coffee place run by a little old asian lady. She's nice as hell. Starting work Friday

XDoomsayerX
10-02-2012, 06:48 PM
My textbooks are crap, why did I buy em. :wallbang:

Natrlhi
10-02-2012, 06:53 PM
lolololol I just found a video of the local Dio Tribute band and you can occasionally see my drunk ass on the far left singing and rocking out :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UkyDmw2U_1EHuh. They're not too bad, actually.

I fucking hope Sleep gets added to Chaos in Tejas next year.Yeah, because CiT isn't awesome enough as it is. Greedy fucker. :bouville: :finger:

smearCampaign
10-02-2012, 07:30 PM
Yeah, because CiT isn't awesome enough as it is. Greedy fucker. :bouville: :finger:

Come on down. :D

street_burial
10-02-2012, 07:58 PM
Doing some celebrating tonight :realchug::stoned:

Sepultura69
10-02-2012, 09:05 PM
Over the weekend my roommate's friend came up from Nebraska for the main reason of doing this challenge at this local pizzeria which entails eating their 24" Hurricane pizza in one sitting by yourself (it used (http://vinnyspizzadekalb.com/2011/02/hurricane-pizza-challenge/) to be a two-man challenge with a stuffed Hurricane pizza eaten in under 24 minutes). The rules were something like no leaving the lobby, no going to the bathroom and no vomiting among others. If you win you get one free small pizza every week for life until someone beats your time (no one has beat it yet and only one team beat the other one). So the guy was just going to sit in there all day from 1:00 to 4:00 AM and just demolish it and I have never seen someone so confident in their eating abilities. He knew he was gonna win.

Anyway, we dropped him off at the pizzeria and watched him eat a slice and then left to go donate plasma. Like, ten minutes after we got there he texted my roommate and said that he was finished and we were just astonished at that...that is, until he finished the story. Apparently he ate four out of the eight slices in 25 minutes and then vomited all over himself and the lobby and then cleaned himself up and quickly left the place and quote "saw a couple walking and they made me want to puke, so I waited till they were passing me and puked over the bridge and then puked a few more times after that." He puked a couple more times when he got back to my house and continued to have a pretty unlucky weekend as his head gasket on his car blew the day before and he ended up stranded on the way home ("thankfully not in fucking Iowa!"). I got the other half of the pizza outta this, so fuck it, I'm not complaining

RampinUp46
10-03-2012, 07:44 AM
Come on down. :D

I gotta fucking go to CiT next year. Sounds fun.

Natrlhi
10-03-2012, 08:46 AM
Come on down. :DTrust me, any opportunity I have to come to the Austin area, I will take advantage of it. Between CiT, FFF Fest, SXSW and tons of other stuff, there is so much going on there music-wise it's just staggering. It's probably one of the top five music scenes in the country, along with NYC, LA, San Fran and either Chicago or Lawrence/KC.

Until now, though, none of my business trips have coincided with anything awesome except that Primus show (which was great). The bad news is that the work my company was doing with UT Austin is tapering off quite a bit, so my business-related travel to that area will probably be minimal for the foreseeable future. :(

illuminatus917
10-03-2012, 03:11 PM
UT Austin

I might be doing an Arabic program there next summer. Maybe you'll find yourself down there and we can meet up.

jd091
10-03-2012, 06:23 PM
romney 2012 woohoo

mankvill
10-03-2012, 06:55 PM
romney 2012 woohoo

no way, giant douche sucks. vote for turd sandwich

RampinUp46
10-03-2012, 07:02 PM

my candidate's dad can beat up your candidate's dad.

street_burial
10-03-2012, 07:10 PM
Manks blocked me on facebook :(:(:bawling::bawling:

mankvill
10-03-2012, 07:10 PM
my candidate's dad can beat up your candidate's dad.

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lnzlq3ljW81qc0roy.gif

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lnzlqgxbXY1qc0roy.gif

ravenheart
10-03-2012, 07:11 PM

How can you choose between any of the Republican candidates? Seriously, from a population of over 300 million these asshats are the best you can find to contend for President?

street_burial
10-03-2012, 07:13 PM
Manks blocked me on facebook :(:(:bawling::bawling:

seriously tho...might off myself tonight because of this

mankvill
10-03-2012, 07:13 PM
How can you choose between any of the Republican candidates? Seriously, from a population of over 300 million these asshats are the best you can find to contend for President?

For the past four years, it wasn't so much as presenting a candidate to be better than Obama, but just trying to make Obama look as bad as humanly possible, no matter what damage it caused.

mankvill
10-03-2012, 07:15 PM

no offense but i can't take your faggoty comments on every single update i make.

street_burial
10-03-2012, 07:17 PM
no offense but i can't take your faggoty comments on every single update i make.

Don't make stupid updates and then there would be no need for my faggotry. Lrn2nottakethingsseriously

WAIT THOUGH...

https://encrypted-tbn3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTlCFN8J6HerKQyvNDon2IQznm8fbn2S KlD6C_9xP2XsCg8MwLM0g

MPF
10-03-2012, 07:19 PM
http://i276.photobucket.com/albums/kk34/stingrays01/Misc%20Picks%20and%20Avatars/MichaelJacksonEatingPopcorn.gif

mankvill
10-03-2012, 07:19 PM
Don't make stupid updates and then there would be no need for my faggotry. Lrn2nottakethingsseriously

WAIT THOUGH...

https://encrypted-tbn3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTlCFN8J6HerKQyvNDon2IQznm8fbn2S KlD6C_9xP2XsCg8MwLM0g

No, blocking you is just easier. I don't have to justify your faggotry to my real friends on there, lol. You make me look bad, son.

BloodoftheKings
10-03-2012, 07:21 PM

Herman Cain should have been the candidate.

street_burial
10-03-2012, 07:23 PM
No, blocking you is just easier. I don't have to justify your faggotry to my real friends on there, lol. You make me look bad, son.

But wait here's my question for you, sir. Calling me a horsefucker at every chance you get, doesn't make you look bad? Or are you one of those people who does/says things just to make himself look cool.

mankvill
10-03-2012, 07:24 PM
Herman Cain should have been the candidate.

http://meta.filesmelt.com/downloader.php?file=Cain3.gif

http://i.imgur.com/4i8NS.gif

mankvill
10-03-2012, 07:25 PM
But wait here's my question for you, sir. Calling me a horsefucker at every chance you get, doesn't make you look bad? Or are you one of those people who does/says things just to make himself look cool.

When you comment on my stuff, you don't get to call me out on what I say. I just don't want you commenting on my stuff anymore, because it's embarrassing.

BloodoftheKings
10-03-2012, 07:26 PM
In Jackson's defense. Facebook is the internet but it's with mostly people you know irl and uses your real name so "the internet is serious business" doesn't really apply.

street_burial
10-03-2012, 07:28 PM
When you comment on my stuff, you don't get to call me out on what I say. I just don't want you commenting on my stuff anymore, because it's embarrassing.

Well and that's another thing, not once did you simply say "Could you not comment offensive or pointless things?" You took it to the maximum sentence because you felt threatened. :lol:

mankvill
10-03-2012, 07:30 PM
Well and that's another thing, not once did you simply say "Could you not comment offensive or pointless things?" You took it to the maximum sentence because you felt threatened. :lol:

Yes, I definitely feel threatened from a guy I don't know saying I watch K-Pop videos. :lol:

One of my friends was in the exact same position a while back and because we were such good friends, I did tell him to just calm down with that stuff. We were more friends than you and I are, so to block you is just easier. No biggie.

christopher
10-03-2012, 07:33 PM
That's why I'm not friends with anyone on here I don't know in real life, with the exception of xdoomsayerx, but I'm meeting up with him in a week and a half, so yeah.

street_burial
10-03-2012, 07:34 PM
Well, fair enough. Good day to you, sir.

mankvill
10-03-2012, 07:34 PM
That's why I'm not friends with anyone on here I don't know in real life, with the exception of xdoomsayerx, but I'm meeting up with him in a week and a half, so yeah.

when I come give you a kiss, will you friend me? :3

ravenheart
10-03-2012, 07:37 PM
Hang on, what's happening now?

mankvill
10-03-2012, 07:39 PM
Hang on, what's happening now?

I blocked Streets on facebook because I think he's annoying. That's all.

masterguy49
10-03-2012, 07:41 PM
Well I don't mind adding people I don't know in real life as long as they dont embarrasses me or anything. JD and Piggy comment on my statuses and I on theirs and it's all good. I mean honestly no one makes stupid comments on facebook statuses unless its your like best friend or unless you're 12/a faggot

MPF
10-03-2012, 07:42 PM
It's why I don't do shitlike that on Facebook. I mean yeah once in a while a smartass, or funny comment is great. But overbearingly annoying things like posting SWAG on 25 of someone's posts in a row....isn't that bit excessive?

christopher
10-03-2012, 07:43 PM
when I come give you a kiss, will you friend me? :3

Not only will make me friend you, but I will put you on my close friends list. ;)

ravenheart
Manks blocked Streets on facebook, they are now, or at least were discussing the transaction on here.

Oh good, that makes sense then.

NecroRob
And this is exactly why I stopped using Facebook.

street_burial
I just do it out of sheer fucking boredom.

ravenheart
I mean honestly everyone makes stupid comments on facebook statuses all the time

Fixed.

masterguy49
10-03-2012, 07:45 PM
I just do it out of sheer fucking boredom.

That's just depressing, brah

Fixed.

:lol: Well, yeah, but that's not what I meant! Fuck it, I'm too tired.

street_burial
10-03-2012, 07:51 PM
That's just depressing, brah

Dude, the past few weeks have just been boring as fuck.

illuminatus917
10-03-2012, 07:57 PM
I love it when people post stuff like this:

I hate politics.... and religion.... to everyone that cares about all that... whatever floats your boat... it's all bullshit in my eyes... i'm just trying to be happy.. if someone fucks with that... i'll fuck them up.. period..... goodnight

Thanks for the message, bud. Nice sentence structure too.

ravenheart
10-03-2012, 08:05 PM
And this is exactly why I stopped using Facebook.

Because manks blocked you?

mankvill
10-03-2012, 08:05 PM
Because manks blocked you?

never!

MPF
10-03-2012, 08:06 PM
Reminds me of my Facebook friends who post the motivational inspiration pics. Not the funny ones, which I can tolerate. I mean the ones that are meant to be inspirational and motivating.....all at once.

It's almost as bad as the girls who post every 15 minutes about how much they love their boyfriend, fiancee, husband, current fuck buddy who is about to dump her.

BloodoftheKings
10-03-2012, 08:16 PM
The amount of 'edgee az fuk" kids commenting on the debate tonight via facebook was unbearable. I think i'm gonna avoid facebook on nights of big media events for now on. Whenever there's anything like an awards show or sporting event that everybody is watching all these people start trying way too hard to rake in the likes with their edgy remarks. After seeing about 50 of those updates you start seeing the even edgier kids go on about how they don't care about [popular media event], and then the edgiest of the edgy start making ironic statuses making fun of the first group of edgy kids.

Luckily facebook now has that "x amount of people are talking about [current media craze]" feature so I can just skip past a good chunk of the bullshit.

XDoomsayerX
10-03-2012, 08:22 PM
Yeah I mainly use Facebook for music updates like upcoming shows from venues. Honestly, the only person I ever blocked/no feed from was this overly religious chick who constantly updated thanking God and whatnot. Besides that, not too much annoyance goes on.

NecroRob
10-03-2012, 08:23 PM
All Facebook is a bunch of high school bullshit and people trying to act cool to impress their friends. I couldn't take it anymore so I just stopped using it. And whata know, my life hasn't changed in the slightest.

Sepultura69
10-03-2012, 08:54 PM
That's why I'm not friends with anyone on here I don't know in real life

I thought we were homies.. :hmm:

christopher
10-03-2012, 09:10 PM
I thought we were homies.. :hmm:

You don't have a facebook! I think that was one of the first things I asked you haha. We are homies :hug:

brutal_descent
10-04-2012, 01:18 AM
Metalsetlists 90210

kalfitegrdan
10-04-2012, 01:54 AM
Metalsetlists 90210

larvtard
10-04-2012, 06:41 AM

Inb4 Noga

jd091
10-04-2012, 07:06 AM
I blocked Streets on facebook because I think he's annoying. That's all.

lololol

dcmetal108
10-04-2012, 09:39 AM
Inb4 Noga

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

larvtard
10-04-2012, 09:40 AM

Uh, no. You're not. You're not gonna go kill yourself because some random schmuck on the internet blocked you on Facebook, and everyone here knows that. It's one thing if someone like Natrlhi - an adult with a loving family and a stable job - was to come on here and say that. We're not gonna take him seriously, because we know he's not even thinking about it. But on the other hand, we all know that you actually are depressed and are going through a rough time, and have seriously considered killing yourself in the past. So to come on here and make a 'joke' like that, a 'threat,' is completely immature and fucking tasteless. Please take a couple days off from the Internet and think about this.

brutal_descent
10-04-2012, 09:48 AM
Uh, no. You're not. You're not gonna go kill yourself because some random schmuck on the internet blocked you on Facebook, and everyone here knows that. It's one thing if someone like Natrlhi - an adult with a loving family and a stable job - was to come on here and say that. We're not gonna take him seriously, because we know he's not even thinking about it. But on the other hand, we all know that you actually are depressed and are going through a rough time, and have seriously considered killing yourself in the past. So to come on here and make a 'joke' like that, a 'threat,' is completely immature and fucking tasteless. Please take a couple days off from the Internet and think about this.

internet is srs business

dcmetal108
10-04-2012, 09:58 AM
internet is srs business

Yes. Yes it is.

Also it sounds like Larvtard just grounded him.

street_burial
10-04-2012, 10:12 AM
Check out this mutha fucka up in here acting like I give a fuck what he say.

Dude, sounds like you need to take a break from the internet. :lol:

brutal_descent
10-04-2012, 10:16 AM
Check out this mutha fucka up in here acting like I give a fuck what he say.

Dude, sounds like you need to take a break from the internet. :lol:

First I was like:

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m9k3p1a6y11qac2a8.gif

But then I was like:

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m5hkjarbJk1qj8nkyo1_400.gif

dcmetal108
10-04-2012, 10:24 AM
Drama Drama is no fun. Drama Drama hurts everyone.

Sepultura69
10-04-2012, 10:47 AM
You don't have a facebook! I think that was one of the first things I asked you haha. We are homies :hug:

oh yeah i forgot about that. Yeah i really need to get a Facebook again, i haven't had one for years now. I deleted my account a couple of years ago because this girl i use to go out with fucked my account up and posted a bunch of fucked up stuff about me that wasn't true(Guess that's what i get for giving her my password..). Oh well, gotta let bye gone's be by gone's they say..

kalfitegrdan
10-04-2012, 01:00 PM
Drama free is the way to be. Not having a Facebook really helps with that it would seem. :D

mankvill
10-04-2012, 02:39 PM
I got to pee in a cup today!

and then I went to take a drug test. :eyes:

John The Drummer
10-04-2012, 03:29 PM
ooo oooo ooo i wanna join the facebook talk!!!! :party:

I hate that site. It's a waste of fucking time and just a huge way for people to get attention and bitch about stuff. I only go on there to post band/music related stuff, or to occassionally post something sarcastic/funny.

Almost everyone I know has FB Mobile, and anytime we are all hanging out, everyone who has it is just on their phone checking FB the whole time.... why hang with people in person if you're just going to be on FB?

Oh, and Instagram, fuck off.

But yeah... if it wasn't for my band I would be off of there :D

RampinUp46
10-04-2012, 05:15 PM
Jesus Christ, five pages of Facebook drama. :eyes:

ravenheart
10-04-2012, 05:55 PM
Jesus Christ, five pages of Facebook drama. :eyes:

:lol: Right, like Facebook becoming a retarded piece of shit is news.

christopher
10-04-2012, 09:00 PM
Speaking of facebook drama, Kirk Windstein sounds like he's going to kill himself tonight. :(

GarageMetal468
10-05-2012, 06:41 AM
So I'm eligible for a phone upgrade in a couple of weeks. My android phone I have right now pisses me the fuck off, so much that I'm really considering going back to a flip phone. The only thing a smart phone has really done for me is save my ass with GPS if I'm lost in Chicago. That and the metal-archives app was neat as well.

kalfitegrdan
10-05-2012, 07:31 AM
David Vincent is rockabilly as fuck!

treghet
10-05-2012, 07:58 AM
David Vincent is rockabilly as fuck!

Nah, more like glam. He's the death metal version of Nikki Sixx.

smearCampaign
10-05-2012, 08:19 AM

:lol: Hahahaha. That's dead on.

John The Drummer
10-05-2012, 12:36 PM

That's just too extreme.

...speaking of Too Extreme.... Call Me Maybe has been stuck in my head for the last couple of days :'(

ravenheart
10-05-2012, 03:11 PM
If the two tickets I got today are any indication, people just aren't bothering to go to good gigs in London.

Bought my Astral Doors ticket on the door and got #20. Got my Overkill ticket for Sunday and it's #107 :(

adamclark52
10-05-2012, 06:23 PM
Listening to Blut Aus Nord's 'Mort' album...frunk as duck. WOW.

JRA
10-05-2012, 06:49 PM
I've learned that you can check out anytime you like, but you can never leave.

masterguy49
10-05-2012, 07:02 PM
http://i.imgur.com/NgDlD.jpg

RampinUp46
10-05-2012, 08:49 PM
http://i.imgur.com/NgDlD.jpg

Jesus Christ, his neck looks like it's about as thick as that support column behind him. :lol:

christopher
10-06-2012, 12:16 AM
I had something funny happen to me today. I went to Disneyland for the Mickey's Halloween Party. It's a special Halloween event where you go around and trick or treat at Disneyland in between rides. I went up to one of the candy stands and the guy at the stand noticed my Slayer shirt and yells "SLAYER!!!" to me. I kind of laugh at it, got my candy and went to leave but he stopped me and said "the only way to exit is going piece by piece" and dropped a few Reese's Pieces in my bag. :lol:

brutal_descent
10-06-2012, 01:28 AM
I had something funny happen to me today. I went to Disneyland for the Mickey's Halloween Party. It's a special Halloween event where you go around and trick or treat at Disneyland in between rides. I went up to one of the candy stands and the guy at the stand noticed my Slayer shirt and yells "SLAYER!!!" to me. I kind of laugh at it, got my candy and went to leave but he stopped me and said "the only way to exit is going piece by piece" and dropped a few Reese's Pieces in my bag. :lol:

That's hilarious :lol:

OraclesofAgony
10-06-2012, 01:32 AM

Fuck yeah! Did your girlfriend not renew her pass or what then? :tongue:

powerslave_85
10-06-2012, 06:17 AM
Okay, that's pretty funny :lol:

John The Drummer
10-06-2012, 09:24 AM
lol thread title

I went to see my friends Judas Priest tribute band, Call For The Priest, last night. First time drinking in a couple months, what a fun time.

The singer asked "Do you guys know what the best Judas Priest song is!?" so I yelled "NOSTRADAMUS!!!" :lol: A few "PANTURRUH"'s as well as "YERP DIMEBAG!!!" were shouted as well :rocker:

brutal_descent
10-06-2012, 09:29 AM
You're welcome for the title :hmm:

mankvill
10-06-2012, 09:42 AM
:D

JRA
10-06-2012, 09:45 AM
LOL

christopher
10-06-2012, 10:43 AM
Fuck yeah! Did your girlfriend not renew her pass or what then? :tongue:

She didn't renew her pass yet. It was a special event, so we had to pay for a ticket to get it. When she did have a pass, she bought a ticket and got a discount on it. She's probably going to get her pass back next month.

Oh yeah, it took me a while to find this thread haha

Natrlhi
10-06-2012, 11:02 AM
:lol: Horns up to that guy. :fist:

ravenheart
10-06-2012, 11:10 AM

That's a worryingly high level of wit for a worker at Disneyland.

BloodoftheKings
10-06-2012, 11:15 AM
http://assets.diylol.com/hfs/986/3f3/1ba/resized/lizard-meme-generator-hehehe-55ec47.jpg

OraclesofAgony
10-06-2012, 12:12 PM
I had a wild night last night. Luckily the hangover isn't nearly as bad as I thought it would be.

And my new identity on here is now official. :party:

mankvill
10-06-2012, 12:17 PM
Listening to Sargeist and re-installing GTA: San Andreas :rocker:

John The Drummer
10-06-2012, 12:23 PM
There are bee's in my bathroom..... how did they get there!? :eek:

OraclesofAgony
10-06-2012, 12:44 PM
There are bee's in my bathroom..... how did they get there!? :eek:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-1GadTfGFvU

RampinUp46
10-06-2012, 02:20 PM

:rocker:

Also loving the new thread title.

John The Drummer
10-06-2012, 02:26 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-1GadTfGFvU

I was thinking more along the lines of....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EmZvOhHF85I

XDoomsayerX
10-06-2012, 02:32 PM
Circa Survive and Touche Amore today! :party:

Sepultura69
10-06-2012, 03:06 PM

I laughed out loud after reading this.

elturtleboy
10-06-2012, 04:11 PM
Trash Talk house shows (one inside one out) + watching all of OFWGKTA do silly stuff around you + eating hot dogs with da PBS kidz + a riot Not breaking out this time+ it all being free = yay!

ravenheart
10-06-2012, 04:47 PM
And my new identity on here is now official. :party:

And you are?

RAZOR
10-06-2012, 04:51 PM
lol @ the thread name change

christopher
10-06-2012, 05:56 PM
I just caught the guarder at my cousins wedding...:eyes:

rjturtle9
10-06-2012, 06:35 PM
Trash Talk house shows (one inside one out) + watching all of OFWGKTA do silly stuff around you + eating hot dogs with da PBS kidz + a riot Not breaking out this time+ it all being free = yay!

That's sounds sick!

christopher
10-06-2012, 06:55 PM
And you are?

srm90

BloodoftheKings
10-06-2012, 09:12 PM
I planned to do a few hours of studying today since I have 2 test on monday but I wound up doing nothing at all. Tomorrow i'm gonna have to study for twice as long as I planned to today to make up for it, plus I have a lab report due that I didn't even start. The next 48 hours are going to suck hard.

kalfitegrdan
10-06-2012, 10:31 PM
Went to hang out with my friend at his college today and we went to this restaurant called The Tilted Kilt that's basically an Irish themed Hooters with skimpier outfits and better food. :D

brutal_descent
10-07-2012, 03:57 AM
Getting my split ends trimmed today. Haven't been in a barber shop since March of last year :eyes:

XDoomsayerX
10-07-2012, 09:53 AM
Circa Survive and Touche Amore were freaking amazing! One of my fav shows this year. Totally lost my voice during Touche Amore and hearing Suckerfish and Whale Belly live :drool: Honest Sleep is one of the best live songs ever. The transition to Circa was great way to end the night. Nice calming music and during the heavier songs just good old jumping fun,also confetti and confetti balloons for the win! Lastly, O'Brother and Balance and Composure were good, def gonna check em out more.

RampinUp46
10-07-2012, 11:46 AM
Getting my split ends trimmed today. Haven't been in a barber shop since March of last year :eyes:

I still remember the day I last set foot in a barber shop - April 25th, 2009.

I trim my split ends, but I don't bother getting my hair cut/thinned - even though that's something I should consider doing, since I live in an area that reaches about 85 - 97 Fahrenheit about nine months out of the year. :eyes:

ravenheart
10-07-2012, 11:51 AM
Watching 3 Inches of Blood be typically average.

brutal_descent
10-07-2012, 12:48 PM
People on Facebook have no excuse to not know about shows happening in their area. It's fucking embarrassing to read comments under band statuses after shows with people whining "OMG I DIDN'T KNO THEY WERE PLAYING DAMNIT I MISSED IT" and the sort.

rjturtle9
10-07-2012, 01:05 PM
People on Facebook have no excuse to not know about shows happening in their area. It's fucking embarrassing to read comments under band statuses after shows with people whining "OMG I DIDN'T KNO THEY WERE PLAYING DAMNIT I MISSED IT" and the sort.

Those are the same people who probably don't care enough to go even if they did know about the shows in their area.

christopher
10-07-2012, 01:06 PM
Those are the same people who probably don't care enough to go even if they did know about the shows in their area.

That's so true.

brutal_descent
10-07-2012, 01:11 PM

What's the point of saying it, then?

christopher
10-07-2012, 01:19 PM
What's the point of saying it, then?

To justify why they didn't get off their ass and go.

brutal_descent
10-07-2012, 01:35 PM
To justify why they didn't get off their ass and go.

...Who would've called them out on it? If they shut up nobody knows or cares that they didn't go.

christopher
10-07-2012, 01:44 PM
...Who would've called them out on it? If they shut up nobody knows or cares that they didn't go.

The bands always call people out on it. They obviously don't message each person individually, but if not enough people show up to a certain city, then they probably won't want to come back there and they make it a point to sometimes post about that. People just post they didn't know about it to try to get the band to come back again in case they decide to go the next time.

OraclesofAgony
10-07-2012, 02:04 PM
If I lived closer to LA I'd probably go to twice as many shows as I go to now. Hell, if I lived in LA I probably wouldn't miss any shows. :lol: But since I don't and I hate driving to LA with a passion, I miss a lot of shows I would go to see, and that's where all the tours get booked here.

XDoomsayerX
10-07-2012, 02:11 PM
No more audio in my car...fuuuck :(

christopher
10-07-2012, 02:28 PM
If I lived closer to LA I'd probably go to twice as many shows as I go to now. Hell, if I lived in LA I probably wouldn't miss any shows. :lol: But since I don't and I hate driving to LA with a passion, I miss a lot of shows I would go to see, and that's where all the tours get booked here.

At least Master is playing in Corona next year, so that'll be a convenience for you.

OraclesofAgony
10-07-2012, 02:34 PM
At least Master is playing in Corona next year, so that'll be a convenience for you.

I think I'd rather go to the Slidebar show. ;)

I'll also be done with school by the time the Slidebar show rolls around.

christopher
10-07-2012, 02:39 PM
I think I'd rather go to the Slidebar show. ;)

I'll also be done with school by the time the Slidebar show rolls around.

Cool. I'm sure I'll be going to the Slidebar and hopefully one more show.