PDA

View Full Version : The Official 'What Are You Doing' Thread Part VI

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18

dcmetal108
04-20-2013, 05:05 PM
I'm insulting your music taste, buddy. :tongue:

I know ;) Always have to say something back though.

Natrlhi
04-21-2013, 10:11 AM
Sunny and almost fifty degrees...at the zoo with the whole fam damily...life is good. :bliss:

OraclesofAgony
04-21-2013, 05:27 PM
In a really good mood right now. Enjoying some brews on a laid back Sunday.

Even a Lakers loss couldn't bring me down. :tongue:

GarageMetal468
04-21-2013, 08:25 PM
Was supposed to have practice tonight... 3 of us were there but our drummer never showed up and we tried contacting him but got nothing. No idea what's going on, and we have a show next week too. Since we left early I managed to make it to see Kvelertak since they were playing 10 minutes from where we practice. God damn, one of the most fun live bands I've seen by far!

TonyD
04-21-2013, 09:38 PM
Ran in to Jason Nestead (and I think the rest of Newstead) at the Giants game today.

kalfitegrdan
04-21-2013, 11:21 PM
Spent a lot of yesterday sewing patches on my vest. :party:

ravenheart
04-22-2013, 08:50 AM
Trying to work out why turning my head left makes me dizzy... :(

ravenheart
04-22-2013, 08:50 AM
Ran in to Jason Nestead (and I think the rest of Newstead) at the Giants game today.

Seems a bit uncalled for. What did he ever do to you?

ravenheart
04-22-2013, 08:51 AM
Sunny and almost fifty degrees...at the zoo with the whole fam damily...life is good. :bliss:

Are any of them reviewing an album? ;)

Natrlhi
04-22-2013, 07:22 PM
Are any of them reviewing an album? ;)If only I could dictate the reviews to them and have them type the words into a tablet while we drive from one adventure to the next, I'd be all set... :D

ravenheart
04-23-2013, 03:06 AM
If only I could dictate the reviews to them and have them type the words into a tablet while we drive from one adventure to the next, I'd be all set... :D

So... you need a helper monkey? ;)

El Gordo
04-23-2013, 07:04 AM

It was the best of times it was the blurst of times?! What is this drivel?!

GarageMetal468
04-23-2013, 08:02 AM

First thing that came to my mind:

http://images4.fanpop.com/image/photos/21100000/3x12-Hooked-on-Monkey-Phonics-south-park-21180798-720-540.jpg

John The Drummer
04-23-2013, 12:18 PM
Found out that a good friend of mine died from complications from a heart attack, he was only in his 30's. :(
He had a heart attack on Friday, and was dead for about 20 minutes, they got him to the hospital and were able to revive him, but since he had been dead for so long he had severe brain damage. I believe it was on Monday that they pulled the plug.

So upsetting, he really was one of the kindest, most caring, and coolest guys ever. He was the President of WADM (Washington's chapter of NYDM) and supported my band SO MUCH. He helped us out with shows and talked us up to a lot of people. We were one of his favorite locals. Not only that, but he also helped me out a lot when I was having some personal issues. Really great guy that will be missed by many :(

He was also heavily involved with PROTECT, an organization to help out neglected and abused children. Hopefully he is in a better place now.

JRA
04-23-2013, 12:50 PM
Fuck dude, that's terrible. My condolences.

MPF
04-23-2013, 12:57 PM
I'm sorry to hear it man. :(

El Gordo
04-23-2013, 02:24 PM
That's awful news, John. So young! Sending good thoughts your way.

kalfitegrdan
04-24-2013, 02:08 AM
He sounded like a great guy. My condolences, man. :(

ravenheart
04-24-2013, 03:18 AM
> Dylan Moran is playing his first ever NA dates in June
> No one here is going
> Americans know shit about comedy

:finger:

DethMaiden
04-24-2013, 05:43 AM
> Dylan Moran is playing his first ever NA dates in June
> No one here is going
> Americans know shit about comedy

:finger:

I love Dylan Moran! But none of those dates are near me.

ravenheart
04-24-2013, 07:18 AM
I love Dylan Moran! But none of those dates are near me.

So I see. I'm actually a little surprised he's hitting so many major markets. I thought his first ever tour would be smaller places.

DethMaiden
04-24-2013, 07:21 AM
So I see. I'm actually a little surprised he's hitting so many major markets. I thought his first ever tour would be smaller places.

Eh, he'll do fine. Shaun of the Dead is probably the comedy I see rerun on cable the most, and he did a really good WTF episode which has a pretty wide reach.

ravenheart
04-24-2013, 07:23 AM
Eh, he'll do fine. Shaun of the Dead is probably the comedy I see rerun on cable the most, and he did a really good WTF episode which has a pretty wide reach.

It still amuses me that the thing he's most known for in the US is a bit part in a movie where he wasn't even all that funny.

I assume you've never seen Black Books?

DethMaiden
04-24-2013, 07:43 AM
It still amuses me that the thing he's most known for in the US is a bit part in a movie where he wasn't even all that funny.

I assume you've never seen Black Books?

A couple episodes, but never a dedicated start to finish viewing. Worth hunting down?

ravenheart
04-24-2013, 07:57 AM
A couple episodes, but never a dedicated start to finish viewing. Worth hunting down?

Absolutely. All three seasons. I love that show. And I think it's the best way to judge if you like Dylan or not, because he basically plays himself.

His stand-up DVDs are great too.

John The Drummer
04-24-2013, 12:14 PM
Fuck dude, that's terrible. My condolences.

I'm sorry to hear it man. :(

That's awful news, John. So young! Sending good thoughts your way.

He sounded like a great guy. My condolences, man. :(

Thanks a lot guys. It really hasn't hit me yet, but it has still be a rough couple of days. I recently realized that he had his wedding at one of my bands shows (when we opened for Korpiklaani), so we were technically the "musical entertainment" :) . Going to upload videos from our set that night as a bit of a tribute to him.

IrritatedTrout
04-25-2013, 02:56 PM
Just finished my American Foreign Policy exam.:party:

christopher
04-25-2013, 10:35 PM
Man, today was seriously awful. I broke up with my girlfriend this morning. I'm really torn up cause not only do I lose her, but I lost her kid from my life as well and I really did love both of them. :(

mastodon421
04-27-2013, 08:19 AM
Just found out that Kendrick Lamar is playing at my buddy's school a half-hour from my house for free tomorrow, I desperately need to find a way to go to that shit.

slapguitarer
04-27-2013, 09:03 AM
Public transportation then crash at your buddy's pad?

mastodon421
04-27-2013, 09:15 AM
Public transportation then crash at your buddy's pad?

If I didn't have an 8 A.M class on Monday, I would absolutely do that. I could take the train there no problem, but the commuter rail stops at 6 on Sundays and the show isn't over til 9:30 or 10.

slapguitarer
04-27-2013, 09:20 AM
That's hella early. I'm sure you could find somebody with a car and would like to see Kendrick Lamar for free. He's pretty popular right now.

christopher
04-27-2013, 01:36 PM
I just went to Grill em All and had a bomb ass lunch. Got a Napalm Death burger which had Pepperjack, Pickled Jalapeno, Cream Cheese, Jalapeno Poppers and Habanero Aioli on it and got High on Fries which had Bleu Cheese, Shredded Buffalo Chicken and Wing Sauce on it. It was such a bomb lunch. It was too much food to finish, so I have leftovers for tomorrow! In a few hours, I'm going to pick up a friend, hit up a brewery for a growler of Pomona Queen and then pregame the Dear Hunter show. :D

Onioner
04-27-2013, 01:47 PM
I just went to Grill em All and had a bomb ass lunch. Got a Napalm Death burger which had Pepperjack, Pickled Jalapeno, Cream Cheese, Jalapeno Poppers and Habanero Aioli on it and got High on Fries which had Bleu Cheese, Shredded Buffalo Chicken and Wing Sauce on it. It was such a bomb lunch. It was too much food to finish, so I have leftovers for tomorrow! In a few hours, I'm going to pick up a friend, hit up a brewery for a growler of Pomona Queen and then pregame the Dear Hunter show. :D

I miss Grill 'Em All so much, especially when they were the kitchen for the Key Club. They never come by my end of LA!

John The Drummer
04-27-2013, 02:03 PM
I am very pleased to announce the dates for Funeral Age's upcoming mini Western US tour with Thou Shall Kill! :rocker:

June 10 - The Hop - Spokane, WA
June 11 - (Day off, seeking show if available)
June 12 - The Shredder - Boise, ID
June 13 - Burt's Tiki Lounge - Salt Lake City, UT
June 14 - (Day off, seeking show if available)
June 15 - The Bushwacker Saloon - Denver, CO
June 24 - 2 Bit Saloon - Seattle, WA

Hopefully some of you guys live in said areas and are going to come out!!!
We originally had planned out a 2 week tour, hitting the West Coast, Arizona, New Mexico, and Nevada as well, but due to time constraints we had to call off those for the time being. Expect to hear more very soon.

christopher
04-27-2013, 02:21 PM
I miss Grill 'Em All so much, especially when they were the kithen for the Key Club. They never come by my end of LA!

I didn't know they used to do the kitchen for the Key Club. I was talking to the owner today and he said that he hasn't taken the truck out since before Christmas. He opened the restaurant in January and its just been so busy since that he hasn't had time to go anywhere. I'm really happy that the place is as much of a success as it has turned out to be. I'm definitely looking forward to going back. I want to get the Jump in the Fryer burger. Its a bacon cheeseburger on waffles with srirachi sauce, syrup and friend chicken!! It was $15 for that one but it looked amazing!

TonyD
04-27-2013, 02:29 PM
I am very pleased to announce the dates for Funeral Age's upcoming mini Western US tour with Thou Shall Kill! :rocker:

June 10 - The Hop - Spokane, WA
June 11 - (Day off, seeking show if available)
June 12 - The Shredder - Boise, ID
June 13 - Burt's Tiki Lounge - Salt Lake City, UT
June 14 - (Day off, seeking show if available)
June 15 - The Bushwacker Saloon - Denver, CO
June 24 - 2 Bit Saloon - Seattle, WA

Hopefully some of you guys live in said areas and are going to come out!!!
We originally had planned out a 2 week tour, hitting the West Coast, Arizona, New Mexico, and Nevada as well, but due to time constraints we had to call off those for the time being. Expect to hear more very soon.

California gets screwed again

John The Drummer
04-27-2013, 02:35 PM
California gets screwed again

:lol: It was really hard to get those dates booked, a lot of people would respond with "How big of a crowd can you bring out?" :eyes:

We are still unsigned, this is our first tour, of course we aren't going to bring out a huge crowd, what happened to just supporting the locals? We are still going to try and tack on some more dates if possible, but we will for sure hit the West Coast very soon.

Onioner
04-27-2013, 02:57 PM
I didn't know they used to do the kitchen for the Key Club. I was talking to the owner today and he said that he hasn't taken the truck out since before Christmas. He opened the restaurant in January and its just been so busy since that he hasn't had time to go anywhere. I'm really happy that the place is as much of a success as it has turned out to be. I'm definitely looking forward to going back. I want to get the Jump in the Fryer burger. Its a bacon cheeseburger on waffles with srirachi sauce, syrup and friend chicken!! It was $15 for that one but it looked amazing!

Grill 'Em All did food for the Key Club during the fall and winter of 2011, I remember buying the Saxon burger at the Saxon show there haha. It was really poorly advertised though, hardly anyone knew about Grill 'Em All being there. The restaurant itself is in Alhambra right? When I get a vehicle down here I'll definitely make a stop or two there! And that Jump in the Fryer burger sounds amazing. :drool:

rjturtle9
04-27-2013, 03:13 PM
I went to Grill em All for the first time this past Wednesday. Everything is too expensive. The food was great, but not $20 great. I'll take Rock n Roll Ribs over it any day.

christopher
04-27-2013, 03:24 PM
I went to Grill em All for the first time this past Wednesday. Everything is too expensive. The food was great, but not $20 great. I'll take Rock n Roll Ribs over it any day.

Well a lot of the good burger places out in LA are around the same price. I really really loved the food I had today. I'm definitely going to go back there sometime.

ravenheart
04-27-2013, 04:09 PM
"How big of a crowd can you bring out?" :eyes:

That's been the standard attitude of promoters in Europe for any act they've never heard of for years.

That or, "this is how much you've got to pay us to get a show".

Pathetic, really.

christopher
04-28-2013, 12:08 AM
The Dear Hunter was fucking amazing!! I will post a review if I find a setlist but they did play two hours and twenty minutes!! I'm really drunk now, so I should sleep. Good night MS! :zzz:

ravenheart
04-28-2013, 09:16 AM
Kreator's stage setup is awesome. Did they have the skelatal horses on the US tour?

smearCampaign
04-28-2013, 09:19 AM
Kreator's stage setup is awesome. Did they have the skelatal horses on the US tour?

If I remember correctly they had large banners of the skeletal horses on the right and left sides, but physical horse props? Nope. That sounds cool.

christopher
04-28-2013, 01:00 PM
Woah, I just came across this (http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/the-cure/2013/foro-sol-mexico-city-mexico-13d83549.html) setlist by The Cure. 50 songs?? Fuck thats a lot! I don't think I could sit through that haha

rjturtle9
04-30-2013, 01:53 AM
Woah, I just came across this (http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/the-cure/2013/foro-sol-mexico-city-mexico-13d83549.html) setlist by The Cure. 50 songs?? Fuck thats a lot! I don't think I could sit through that haha

The encores were like twice as long as the actual set!

ravenheart
04-30-2013, 03:38 AM
If I remember correctly they had large banners of the skeletal horses on the right and left sides, but physical horse props? Nope. That sounds cool.

They had a huge drum riser in the middle, walkways and stairs either side, flanked by "banner walls" of the lower parts of the Phantom Antichrist artwork (i.e. the zombie things throwing the horns). Two sets of amps in front of the riser, with physical skeletal horses kind of wrapped around the front of them, so it looked like the riser was on their backs instead of the Kreator mascot character.

ravenheart
04-30-2013, 07:19 AM
Considering pre-ordering the Katatonia Last Fair Day Gone Night triple vinyl from the anniversary tour...

https://www.burningshed.com/covers/large3622.jpg

DethMaiden
04-30-2013, 07:30 AM
Considering pre-ordering the Katatonia Last Fair Day Gone Night triple vinyl from the anniversary tour...

https://www.burningshed.com/covers/large3622.jpg

Oh...oh my God.

ravenheart
04-30-2013, 08:20 AM
Oh...oh my God.

Want one? ;)

IrritatedTrout
04-30-2013, 08:23 AM
They had a huge drum riser in the middle, walkways and stairs either side, flanked by "banner walls" of the lower parts of the Phantom Antichrist artwork (i.e. the zombie things throwing the horns). Two sets of amps in front of the riser, with physical skeletal horses kind of wrapped around the front of them, so it looked like the riser was on their backs instead of the Kreator mascot character.

Got any pictures of it?

ravenheart
04-30-2013, 08:26 AM
Got any pictures of it?

No, I was too far away. And am not a 14-year-old social network addict ;)

I'm sure some of the photographers who were there will post shots from either that night or one of the preceding ones soon.

DethMaiden
04-30-2013, 08:31 AM
Want one? ;)

Probably costs a fortune, but in principle, yes. :lol:

ravenheart
04-30-2013, 08:36 AM
Probably costs a fortune, but in principle, yes. :lol:

23 plus shipping.

Seemed pretty reasonable for a triple vinyl box set, to me.

DethMaiden
04-30-2013, 09:08 AM
23 plus shipping.

Seemed pretty reasonable for a triple vinyl box set, to me.

Yeah that's not bad at all. Might have to snag one.

ravenheart
04-30-2013, 09:10 AM
Yeah that's not bad at all. Might have to snag one.

Fuck knows how much shipping to the US will be though. It's 7.50 for two copies within the UK ;)

MPF
04-30-2013, 05:13 PM
Interviewing Steven Wilson on Saturday. I have no idea how I managed to pull this one off!

mankvill
05-01-2013, 10:34 AM
Just found out there's a Metallica-themed bakery in Kansas City. O:

masterguy49
05-01-2013, 12:07 PM
So I'm going to L.A for 5 days, from June 10-15, then San Fran till the 20th. Any of you California kids got any ideas for what I can do? :D
I saw that GZA is playing the 10th so I may go to that if anyone else is.

treghet
05-01-2013, 12:22 PM
So I'm going to L.A for 5 days, from June 10-15, then San Fran till the 20th. Any of you California kids got any ideas for what I can do? :D

The Melechesh tour is hitting SF on the 17th. Are you going to be using public transportation?

John The Drummer
05-01-2013, 12:35 PM

We could have hung out!....but we had to cancel the second half of our tour (which included dates in both cities, d'OH)

christopher
05-01-2013, 02:21 PM

Too bad you won't be here June 16th, Geto Boys are playing.

TonyD
05-01-2013, 02:50 PM
Nothing any good for shows up here, you can check for yourself here. (http://www.foopee.com/punk/the-list/by-date.6.html)
Get In n Out

IrritatedTrout
05-01-2013, 04:46 PM
Just finished my first year of grad school!:party: 6 out of 11 courses done, so really I'm already past the halfway point.:D

christopher
05-01-2013, 05:31 PM
Just finished my first year of grad school!:party: 6 out of 11 courses done, so really I'm already past the halfway point.:D

Nice man! Almost there! I'm thinking of going to grad school sometime after I get my BS next year. It'll depend on if I can get a job right away or not after graduation and if they are going to pay for it. I know grad school for my major is usually funded, so I'm not worried about paying for it.

IrritatedTrout
05-01-2013, 05:52 PM
That's nice. Yeah, my girlfriend is a biology / environmental science major and she's working at a lab right now but she tried going straight to grad school out of undergrad and the problem she ran into was that them funding you sometimes means you'd be turned away due to a lack of funds, not due to a lack of ability. So it's a really cool deal, it just sucks if the university doesn't have much money.

orlandodavis
05-01-2013, 08:46 PM
Completely obsessed with Ghost. Fucking autism.:bouville:

MPF
05-01-2013, 09:23 PM
Just found out my brother in law has a Brain tumor.

He is the sole reason why I am into Metal. he got me into Metallica. Hell, back in 9th grade we played Am I Evil...in a church. That's Metal.

I really hope he pulls through!

XDoomsayerX
05-01-2013, 10:26 PM
Studying for a math stats exam tomorrow morning, my goal is to get 50% on it. :lol:

dcmetal108
05-02-2013, 07:48 AM
Holy fuck the email I just received about a interview is fucking amazing. I MEAN HOLY SHIT!

treghet
05-02-2013, 01:10 PM
Holy fuck the email I just received about a interview is fucking amazing. I MEAN HOLY SHIT!

If it's Hayley Williams ask her why she got that ugly haircut.

christopher
05-02-2013, 01:19 PM

:lol: and why she never put up better noodz on twitter.

treghet
05-02-2013, 01:50 PM

It's okay, we have Amanda Bynes for that. :allan:

dcmetal108
05-02-2013, 01:51 PM

Nope. Ugly and Haley Williams don't mix.

Explain.

Explain more.

And lets just say the interview is with one of the biggest bass players in all of hard rock.

treghet
05-02-2013, 02:10 PM
You think this (https://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn1/13895_10150288722099963_369751316_n.jpg) looks good? :eyes: As for the photos, Google is your friend. ;)

dcmetal108
05-02-2013, 02:39 PM
You think this (https://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn1/13895_10150288722099963_369751316_n.jpg) looks good? :eyes: As for the photos, Google is your friend. ;)

No, its kinda scary. But I still wouldn't pass her up.

As for Bynes, shes still kinda hot though her face reminds me of Amy Winehouse.

IrritatedTrout
05-02-2013, 02:49 PM
Completely obsessed with Ghost. Fucking autism.:bouville:

That was really funny for some reason. :lol:

John The Drummer
05-02-2013, 03:38 PM
No, its kinda scary. But I still wouldn't pass her up.

As for Bynes, shes still kinda hot though her face reminds me of Amy Winehouse.

Winehouse wasn't that bad.... :eyes:

kalfitegrdan
05-02-2013, 04:43 PM

Well I guess that's one way to stay relevant.

dcmetal108
05-02-2013, 06:23 PM
Winehouse wasn't that bad.... :eyes:

No Amy Winehouse was't ugly at all.

OraclesofAgony
05-02-2013, 09:19 PM
So my dad turns on Golden Gods, and then immediately associates me with everything the show stands for as if I regard it as the Academy Awards or something. :eyes: Fucking annoying. God I fucking hate Five Finger Death Punch.

XDoomsayerX
05-02-2013, 09:53 PM
So my dad turns on Golden Gods, and then immediately associates me with everything the show stands for as if I regard it as the Academy Awards or something. :eyes: Fucking annoying. God I fucking hate Five Finger Death Punch.

THIS!

John The Drummer
05-04-2013, 08:13 AM
Making the finishing touches to my interview with Sick Drummer Magazine. Yay.

Ommie
05-04-2013, 06:57 PM
Wow, Black Breath is like 20x better when riding a bike.

dcmetal108
05-04-2013, 07:24 PM
Went to a improve club tonight. It was fucking hysterical.

christopher
05-04-2013, 11:17 PM
happy drink de mayo!!!! :realchug:

TonyD
05-05-2013, 12:17 AM
happy drink de mayo!!!! :realchug:

So that answers the question if you're drunk already :lol:

christopher
05-05-2013, 12:21 AM
So that answers the question if you're drunk already :lol:

:lol: drunk and doing physics homework haha

John The Drummer
05-05-2013, 06:22 PM
Went to the beach with my girlfriend today, then went to this AWESOME video game store/arcade. I need more quarters :O

MPF
05-06-2013, 12:07 AM
Making the finishing touches to my interview with Sick Drummer Magazine. Yay.

Awesome man. I will check that out for sure. Ian is a great guy.

As for myself, I interviewed Steven Wilson Saturday Afternoon. after a great 15 minute interview, about 20 minutes later. I started getting sick. I still went to the show that night and enjoyed every single second but it felt like I was on my death bed. After the show my girlfriend (yes I am now officially taken) took me home and put me in bed and I didn't get up until 5pm today.

I will post the interview if anyone wants to check it out. Lots of great information that hasn't been talked about is brought up.

IrritatedTrout
05-08-2013, 01:17 PM
The DC Sabbath show goes on sale tomorrow and the venue confirmed they were just told to change the seating plan from GA up front to seats. :bouville: I hate that shit.

christopher
05-08-2013, 01:50 PM
I just got my take home midterm for my physics class. I'm going to take a quick nap and then start after. If I can get most of it done before Saturday, then I will try to hit up Morbid Saint. :D

XDoomsayerX
05-08-2013, 02:20 PM
I just got my take home midterm for my physics class. I'm going to take a quick nap and then start after. If I can get most of it done before Saturday, then I will try to hit up Morbid Saint. :D

Go to TDEP with me! :tongue:

christopher
05-08-2013, 03:54 PM
Go to TDEP with me! :tongue:

I should be able to, let me just make sure I have no exams the next day. I really want to see DEP at the Chain.

XDoomsayerX
05-08-2013, 04:07 PM
I should be able to, let me just make sure I have no exams the next day. I really want to see DEP at the Chain.

Cool! :cool:

I expect pure mayhem and Greg to be running around the whole venue. lol

christopher
05-08-2013, 04:28 PM
Cool! :cool:

I expect pure mayhem and Greg to be running around the whole venue. lol

I just wish the ceiling in the Chain was a little higher. DEP likes to be 10 feet in the air at their shows. :lol:

rjturtle9
05-08-2013, 05:06 PM
I just wish the ceiling in the Chain was a little higher. DEP likes to be 10 feet in the air at their shows. :lol:

I really really want to go to that show too!

dcmetal108
05-08-2013, 09:06 PM
Just got back from seeing DEP.

I'll write a long review as long as everyone promises to read the crazy shit I just saw.

christopher
05-08-2013, 09:23 PM
I finished half of my take home exam. I'm going to pick up a ticket to Trasho from Dr Strange tomorrow on the way home from school!!

Just got back from seeing DEP.

I'll write a long review as long as everyone promises to read the crazy shit I just saw.

I'll read it! I'm most likely seeing them with xdoomsayerx in a few weeks :D

dcmetal108
05-08-2013, 09:44 PM
Review is up.

ravenheart
05-09-2013, 02:24 AM
Has anyone bought the new Iced Earth live DVD/CD special edition in the hardback book?

dcmetal108
05-09-2013, 03:03 PM
Just realized the guy I was out with all night last night was the original guitarist of Rise Against among other bands.

dcmetal108
05-09-2013, 06:56 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F2Q1qBNrlXo

11 year old black kids playing a breakdown in Times Square. Fucking awesome.

idrinkwine732
05-10-2013, 07:40 AM
Waiting to take this finance exam. I haven't slept in so long, I can't wait for it to be over.

:zzz::zzz::zzz:

energymetal14
05-10-2013, 09:50 AM
Kind of wish I went and saw Oz last night...

RampinUp46
05-11-2013, 09:27 PM
Just applied for (and was interviewed on the spot) for a job at a tire place. Hopefully I get it...

dcmetal108
05-11-2013, 10:37 PM
https://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn1/945713_517018605020062_651896068_n.jpg

christopher
05-12-2013, 12:16 AM
Thrasho de Mayo was epic!! I'll post a setlist and review later on. It was a very sober day for everyone there haha

Spiner202
05-12-2013, 04:30 AM
Thrasho de Mayo was epic!! I'll post a setlist and review later on. It was a very sober day for everyone there haha

Nice! I am very jealous! One of my buddies went to this and said hearing Spectrum of Death in its entirety was amazing.

BloodoftheKings
05-12-2013, 07:11 AM
https://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn1/945713_517018605020062_651896068_n.jpg

It's funny because One Direction is probably the least shitty band on that list.

ravenheart
05-14-2013, 06:20 AM
:lol: Worst UK tour package of all time has just been announced.

Impericon Never Say Die! Tour
Headliners: Emmure
Support/guests: Miss May I, Betraying The Martyrs, I Killed The Prom Queen, Hundredth, Northlane, Rise of The North Star

Wow. It's like we've learned nothing from the existence of shitty US package tours.

dcmetal108
05-14-2013, 08:12 AM
:lol: Worst UK tour package of all time has just been announced.

Impericon Never Say Die! Tour
Headliners: Emmure
Support/guests: Miss May I, Betraying The Martyrs, I Killed The Prom Queen, Hundredth, Northlane, Rise of The North Star

Wow. It's like we've learned nothing from the existence of shitty US package tours.

I enjoy 3 of those bands and mildly like 1 of them. :cool:

ravenheart
05-14-2013, 08:46 AM
I enjoy 3 of those bands and mildly like 1 of them. :cool:

You can have this tour then!

dcmetal108
05-14-2013, 08:54 AM
You can have this tour then!

We'll have a lineup similar to this by the end of the year I bet.

slapguitarer
05-15-2013, 11:55 AM
I passed my Piano Proficiency class. I'm so happy.

dcmetal108
05-15-2013, 12:01 PM
Just saw Iron Man 3.

Love is a understatement.

christopher
05-15-2013, 11:56 PM
I cock blocked myself tonight by not thinking! :(

Dextrimental
05-16-2013, 06:20 AM

Tough times brah, tough times.

XDoomsayerX
05-16-2013, 02:27 PM

Nigga ya be a physicist ya always be thinking! :eek:

El Gordo
05-16-2013, 03:13 PM

Hmmm... explain. It's usually thinking too much that turns out to be the cock block culprit.

dcmetal108
05-16-2013, 06:27 PM
Well The Office Series Finale just ended and I'm still a fucking teary mess.

mankvill
05-16-2013, 06:32 PM

Yeah. That was rough.

IrritatedTrout
05-16-2013, 06:36 PM
I liked Michael's appearance.

powerslave_85
05-16-2013, 06:36 PM
Yep. I knew I was in trouble when I teared up just seeing Steve Carell during that retrospective special before the finale.

Ommie
05-16-2013, 06:37 PM
Nigga ya be a physicist ya always be thinking! :eek:
I fucking love your posts dude. :lol:

mankvill
05-16-2013, 06:41 PM
I liked Michael's appearance.

That actually took me for a huge surprise and that whole scene was the most choked up I got. Because they didn't talk to Steve Carrel at all in the pre-show thing, I was sure he wasn't coming back.

powerslave_85
05-16-2013, 06:47 PM
That actually took me for a huge surprise and that whole scene was the most choked up I got. Because they didn't talk to Steve Carrel at all in the pre-show thing, I was sure he wasn't coming back.
All the TV/entertainment sites and blogs reported like a week ago that he would be back, because apparently nobody likes things to be a surprise anymore :hmm:

It was still a wonderful scene, though.

300%_Density
05-16-2013, 06:52 PM
I knew he was gonna at least have a cameo. I got hooked on www.officetally.com and heard he was at least at the set. Im not sure how many of you have been to the site but it is the best office fansite.

Im continuously re watching episodes on my iPod so hopefully I won't feel quite as lost. This is the saddest I've been for a tv show that I can ever remember.

First episode I ever saw was "The Client". Hooked ever since.

dcmetal108
05-16-2013, 07:29 PM
Yep. I knew I was in trouble when I teared up just seeing Steve Carell during that retrospective special before the finale.

Yeah I was tearing pretty badly just watching recaps.

They handled his part very well but when he made a speech I lost it. Full blown waterworks.

christopher
05-17-2013, 12:14 AM
Show tonight was fun. I had to leave early but I will post a review later on. I just feel bad for treghet cause he got screwed over. Due to the show being over sold out and a second show going on in the side room, the traffic to park sucked and the line to get in was terrible, so he completely missed Immolation. :(

XDoomsayerX
05-17-2013, 12:43 PM
Show tonight was fun. I had to leave early but I will post a review later on. I just feel bad for treghet cause he got screwed over. Due to the show being over sold out and a second show going on in the side room, the traffic to park sucked and the line to get in was terrible, so he completely missed Immolation. :(

Fuuuck Immolation is sooo heavy live too :(

slapguitarer
05-18-2013, 10:42 AM
The Usnea show I wanted to go to tomorrow night was relocated to a house show in San Francisco. Now I can't go because I have a final the next morning and I doubt transportation wouldn't be running back to San Jose at the hour this show would be over. I was really looking forward to seeing some quality doom a ten minute walk away from campus. And the fact that it's a house show in SF is a bummer too because I've never been to a house show so that'd be cool to check out too. Ugh

:bouville:

BloodoftheKings
05-18-2013, 09:38 PM
Somehow I pulled through with a B in Spanish even though I got shit grades on all the exams and an A- in English even though I completely bullshitted the final essay.

#TYBG

slapguitarer
05-19-2013, 01:05 AM
Tyler and Earl were awesome tonight! Also everybody was wearing pink bandanas are repping bitch mob. It was great.

BloodoftheKings
05-19-2013, 09:21 AM
Also everybody was wearing pink bandanas are repping bitch mob. It was great.

I still need to get one of those.

mastodon421
05-19-2013, 09:23 AM
Tyler and Earl were awesome tonight! Also everybody was wearing pink bandanas are repping bitch mob. It was great.

That's amazing #bitchmobtaskforce #protectLilB

mankvill
05-19-2013, 09:31 AM
Want to go see Katatonia tonight, but violent thunderstorms are predicted for this evening. The last time I didn't go to KC to see a show because of weather, a tornado decimated Joplin. - A-;

300%_Density
05-19-2013, 09:38 AM
Want to go see Katatonia tonight, but violent thunderstorms are predicted for this evening. The last time I didn't go to KC to see a show because of weather, a tornado decimated Joplin. - A-;

Anniversary is Tuesday :mad:

RAZOR
05-19-2013, 10:19 AM

Don't die Jacksern, we gotta party Friday! :party:

mankvill
05-19-2013, 10:24 AM
Anniversary is Tuesday :mad:

I'm serious, every time DRI comes to Kansas City I decide not to go because of inclement weather, and that inclement weather destroys shit somewhere near KC.

christopher
05-19-2013, 11:46 AM
So damn hungover :crosseyed

300%_Density
05-19-2013, 12:27 PM
I'm serious, every time DRI comes to Kansas City I decide not to go because of inclement weather, and that inclement weather destroys shit somewhere near KC.

I had to miss DRI a few years ago in Springfield because of snow. I sympathize.

Graduation is tonight. People are a little tight w/ the anniversary days away and it hitting after graduation couple years back.

dcmetal108
05-19-2013, 10:36 PM
God damn this Jay And Silent Bob show I went to lasted about 4 hours. Just them doing a 4 hour show.

ravenheart
05-20-2013, 07:41 AM
Oh look, another "tour edition".

Soundgarden are releasing "King Animal Plus" in September. Bonus disc will include five live tracks recording in L.A., and one acoustic track recorded for radio.

300%_Density
05-20-2013, 08:26 AM
Oh look, another "tour edition".

Soundgarden are releasing "King Animal Plus" in September. Bonus disc will include five live tracks recording in L.A., and one acoustic track recorded for radio.

Coming Soon:

King Animal Plus "Tour Edition" Version 2.0

Bengals279
05-20-2013, 09:48 AM
I'm in school :finger2:. 4 days left.........

300%_Density
05-20-2013, 04:08 PM
Im just going to vent.

In my parents basement preying to god that these fucking tornadoes don't wipe out my parents house (again) or the house that we had built that we moved into in February. Im so sick of this shit. The tornado hit Joplin 2 years ago on Wednesday. Town was on edge before, now they really are.

My sympathy for Oklahoma as well. Tragic. Im hoping for the best tonight metalsetlists. Fuck these tornadoes.

XDoomsayerX
05-20-2013, 04:47 PM
Im just going to vent.

In my parents basement preying to god that these fucking tornadoes don't wipe out my parents house (again) or the house that we had built that we moved into in February. Im so sick of this shit. The tornado hit Joplin 2 years ago on Wednesday. Town was on edge before, now they really are.

My sympathy for Oklahoma as well. Tragic. Im hoping for the best tonight metalsetlists. Fuck these tornadoes.

Damn dude it all works out for the best.

Finishing up some hw before TDEP. :D

christopher
05-20-2013, 05:02 PM
I just took a nice long nap and now ready for destroy at DEP :boxer:

300%_Density
05-20-2013, 05:06 PM
Lucky son of a bitch. Blew passed us. Everything is good now. Still sad for all of Oklahoma. Think I'll wind down with some gin.

energymetal14
05-20-2013, 05:14 PM
Lucky son of a bitch. Blew passed us. Everything is good now. Still sad for all of Oklahoma. Think I'll wind down with some gin.

Glad to hear you and you family are safe. Also really sad what happened in Oklahoma.

John The Drummer
05-21-2013, 12:20 PM
I was sitting at a stop light, and the homeless guy on the corner was blasting "Heat of the Moment" on his boombox. Murika.

ravenheart
05-21-2013, 02:48 PM
Huh, so Judas Priest have had to cancel the planned screening of their new live DVD in London due to "unforeseen circumstances".

Willing to bet those "unforeseen circumstances" are no fucker was willing to pay the equivalent of $35 to watch a DVD on a big screen.

IrritatedTrout
05-21-2013, 04:44 PM
Was the band supposed to be there? Because apparently Halford is in a wheelchair due to back problems right now.

Ommie
05-21-2013, 05:00 PM
I was sitting at a stop light, and the homeless guy on the corner was blasting "Heat of the Moment" on his boombox. Murika.
That happened to me once only they were blasting "BYOB" by System of a Down. :lol:

Onioner
05-21-2013, 06:00 PM
Huh, so Judas Priest have had to cancel the planned screening of their new live DVD in London due to "unforeseen circumstances".

Willing to bet those "unforeseen circumstances" are no fucker was willing to pay the equivalent of $35 to watch a DVD on a big screen.

Since the Halford reunion Priest have been convinced that they're bigger than they really are. They always book arenas and amphitheaters in the states and always barely half fill them. Basically their management seems to think influence and significance in metal history = popularity.

GarageMetal468
05-21-2013, 10:09 PM
Leaving for MDF soon!

kalfitegrdan
05-22-2013, 12:21 AM
I have enough money in my hand to have a man killed...according to Tim Lambesis. Ooooh Yeah, MDF, I am ready!

ravenheart
05-22-2013, 01:01 AM
Was the band supposed to be there? Because apparently Halford is in a wheelchair due to back problems right now.

All that was advertised was that a band called Something Something Cage (Break The Cage, or In The Cage or something like that) were playing live as openers before the film.

They're still screening it, apparently. But it's now at the function room of a hotel. They're honouring the original tickets, but no more are on sale, which must mean they sold so few, they know they can fit everyone who bought one into that room. They're also now giving them all an advance copy of the DVD which again indicates very low numbers.

IrritatedTrout
05-22-2013, 05:37 AM
Ah, yeah, I dunno. Works well for those people who now get a DVD out of it too. :lol: I think the preview clips from the DVD look cool and I'll buy it when I get back from Paris but I don't feel the need to go see it screened at the theater.

ravenheart
05-22-2013, 06:23 AM
Ah, yeah, I dunno. Works well for those people who now get a DVD out of it too. :lol: I think the preview clips from the DVD look cool and I'll buy it when I get back from Paris but I don't feel the need to go see it screened at the theater.

It works out better, I still wouldn't say well. The DVD is coming out at 8. So that's still 15 to watch it screened on a projector in a function room in a hotel...

Natrlhi
05-23-2013, 07:32 AM
Driving to Baltimore.

Sepultura69
05-23-2013, 07:36 AM
Today is a very special day. Today is a very important day. Today we celebrate the life of a legend. I'm a give those Westboro baptist fucks a piece of my mind. :hmm:

ravenheart
05-23-2013, 07:40 AM
Today is a very special day. Today is a very important day. Today we celebrate the life of a legend. I'm a give those Westboro baptist fucks a piece of my mind. :hmm:

Slayer have posted to say it'd actually be better, and more respectful etc. to just ignore them completely.

I agree. Arguing with them validates their efforts.

IrritatedTrout
05-23-2013, 07:54 AM
Packing a few things for Europe, decided which Maiden shirts I'll be wearing to the gigs.:D/fanboy

Dextrimental
05-23-2013, 08:43 AM
Slayer have posted to say it'd actually be better, and more respectful etc. to just ignore them completely.

I agree. Arguing with them validates their efforts.

This.

They won't be convinced by your efforts, and if you get physical they will sue you and win. Most of their funding is from suing over assault charges.

People need to start ignoring these guys. Absolute only way they will be stopped.

ravenheart
05-24-2013, 03:58 AM
So I assume, since I've read nothing to suggest otherwise, that it didn't all kick off at Hanneman's memorial?

DethMaiden
05-24-2013, 12:21 PM
Just launched a digital single for a remix of one of our artists featuring Tyga, 2 Chainz and Bruno Mars. I need a good stiff drink.

JRA
05-24-2013, 12:31 PM
So I assume, since I've read nothing to suggest otherwise, that it didn't all kick off at Hanneman's memorial?

From what I've read they didn't even show up.

I'm also reading that the KKK is going to be protesting them. I'd say find the location where they will both be staged and launch a drone strike.

christopher
05-24-2013, 01:26 PM
The fat boy in me just got excited. This is from the Glass House's facebook

Those of you coming out to the Bolt Thrower show (or just to hang out in the record store) are STOKED tomorrow. Free Ben and Jerry's out front around 7pm. Yummmmmm. Metal + froyo = happy patrons.

:D

treghet
05-24-2013, 02:01 PM

ENTER THE REALM OF ICE CREAM
THE FEAST HAS JUST BEGUN

christopher
05-24-2013, 02:04 PM
ENTER THE REALM OF ICE CREAM
THE FEAST HAS JUST BEGUN

FROOYOOO EAATTTEEERRR!!!

treghet
05-24-2013, 02:04 PM
:LOLFC:

XDoomsayerX
05-24-2013, 03:34 PM

Man I just pictured them giving it out during Bolt Thrower and a bunch of metal heads just kicking back enjoying death metal with some delish ice cream...

Ommie
05-24-2013, 10:39 PM

Ok, seriously, fuck you guys. Stop making me jealous. :(

mastodon421
05-25-2013, 04:34 AM
The image of a horde of Bolt Thrower fans eating Ben and Jerry's ice cream before the show is painfully hilarious.

christopher
05-25-2013, 11:38 AM
I'm calling it now. There is going to be so much ice cream on the floor tonight. I'm sure some people will be throwing the ice cream during Autops. :lol:

John The Drummer
05-25-2013, 01:11 PM
Autopsy is playing Seattle in July... US Tour?

christopher
05-25-2013, 04:03 PM
I'm just waiting for my friend to hit me up when he's ready to get picked up and then we're going to head to the Glass House. I can't wait!! :party:

Sepultura69
05-25-2013, 04:07 PM
Just got off work and now I am about to leave to go have a good time with some free ice cream and Death Metal. :hmm:

OraclesofAgony
05-26-2013, 12:32 AM
Bolt Thrower was amazing. Holy fuuuuuuuuuuuck!!!!

christopher
05-26-2013, 01:02 AM
https://fbcdn-sphotos-g-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-frc3/970458_10200644178480685_1936111467_n.jpg

dcmetal108
05-26-2013, 08:09 AM
:lol: at Chris.

DementedX14
05-26-2013, 12:52 PM
Just got off work and now I am about to leave to go have a good time with some free ice cream and Death Metal. :hmm:

And with that you should finish your Rap thread!

RampinUp46
05-27-2013, 07:39 AM
https://fbcdn-sphotos-g-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-frc3/970458_10200644178480685_1936111467_n.jpg

:lol:

Ommie
05-28-2013, 01:19 PM
I want someone to put a funny caption on this pic:

http://i.imgur.com/fOLgfth.jpg

Also, see if you can guess the band.

ravenheart
05-28-2013, 05:22 PM
So Christopher Lee's second metal album is just as fucking awful as the first.

slapguitarer
05-28-2013, 06:29 PM
So Christopher Lee's second metal album is just as fucking awful as the first.

Not surprised in the least. I watched a video promoting it and the music sounded awful. But I still think it's cool a 92 year old was inspired to make what he intended to be a "100% heavy metal" album.

dcmetal108
05-29-2013, 06:49 AM
So my wisdom teeth starting coming in enough where they really fucking hurt but I can't get into a dentist till Tuesday for them to even look at them plus with no insurance everything will be payed out of pocket.

smearCampaign
05-29-2013, 06:58 AM
So my wisdom teeth starting coming in enough where they really fucking hurt but I can't get into a dentist till Tuesday for them to even look at them plus with no insurance everything will be payed out of pocket.

I went through that last year with no dental insurance. Find a dentist in your area that caters to students / senior citizens ('low-income' folks). I was able to get all four of mine pulled for less than $100 each. I thought I was going to be in for a couple thousand bc one of my teeth was infected too.

ravenheart
05-29-2013, 08:00 AM
The NHS rules. Just sayin'.

Not having to have any wisdom teeth pulled rules almost as much, but not quite.

christopher
05-29-2013, 03:21 PM
yay! Its back :D

IrritatedTrout
05-29-2013, 04:07 PM
Ordered the new AiC through Amazon on Sunday. Still nothing.:hmm:

es156
05-29-2013, 04:11 PM

The holiday may have screwed things up. Mine shipped Saturday and I received it Tuesday.

(But I have Amazon Prime, which is awesome.)

Sanitarium78
05-29-2013, 04:14 PM

Why? All you have to do is go to your local Target like I did yesterday and get it for $9.99 and then you would have it. The holiday on Monday probably pushed the arrival back a day or two.

IrritatedTrout
05-29-2013, 04:33 PM
I had to go into the city to do my internship on Tuesday and I knew by the time I got off I would have to fight a ton of traffic to get to the nearest Best Buy / FYE and I didn't really trust Target or Walmart to carry it.

I have Prime too, Eric, which makes it worse that it's not here yet. :lol: I ordered a copy for my friend's graduation gift the day after mine and she got hers today. :lol:

Sanitarium78
05-29-2013, 04:45 PM
I had to go into the city to do my internship on Tuesday and I knew by the time I got off I would have to fight a ton of traffic to get to the nearest Best Buy / FYE and I didn't really trust Target or Walmart to carry it.

Something popular like AIC, Target and Walmart will have the day it comes out. At least around here they always do.

christopher
05-29-2013, 05:16 PM
Something popular like AIC, Target and Walmart will have the day it comes out. At least around here they always do.

Fuck Wal Mart and its censored music.

dcmetal108
05-29-2013, 05:19 PM
I went through that last year with no dental insurance. Find a dentist in your area that caters to students / senior citizens ('low-income' folks). I was able to get all four of mine pulled for less than $100 each. I thought I was going to be in for a couple thousand bc one of my teeth was infected too.

I'm going Tuesday to the dentist office my familys gone to for the last few years to see what they say about it and how much they would charge.

IrritatedTrout
05-29-2013, 05:33 PM

Yeah, that's the other thing I was leery of with them.

ravenheart
05-30-2013, 01:49 AM
Amazon Prime blows. Four of my last ten orders have arrived late. Typical Amazon, they're too slow to dispatch and go with the cheapest possible shipping option, so can't actually guarantee shit.

ravenheart
05-30-2013, 05:10 AM
My brother saw the Journey/Whitesnake/Thunder tour in London last night.

On Journey: "The Filipino maid they have singing is surprisingly good."

:lol:

es156
05-30-2013, 09:32 AM
Amazon Prime blows. Four of my last ten orders have arrived late. Typical Amazon, they're too slow to dispatch and go with the cheapest possible shipping option, so can't actually guarantee shit.

My Amazon Prime has been excellent. A lot of the stuff I order with the 2 day shipping arrives in 1 day and every single CD that I have pre-ordered has arrived on the release date. I have been very pleased with the service.

DethMaiden
05-30-2013, 09:47 AM
My Amazon Prime has been excellent. A lot of the stuff I order with the 2 day shipping arrives in 1 day and every single CD that I have pre-ordered has arrived on the release date. I have been very pleased with the service.

Well, U.S. > U.K., obviously. ;)

John The Drummer
05-30-2013, 12:07 PM
Getting ready to do a couple shows in a row this week. Playing tomorrow in Seattle, opening for Gorod. Then playing down South for an all day benefit show for our friend who passed on on Saturday. Looking forward to Saturday's show more, apparently the venue has a nice outdoor stage, so that'll be a cool change.

MPF
05-30-2013, 01:44 PM

In speaking of Walmart. I was just there today and they have a copy of Death Magnetic censored. A giant white sticker on the front of the album that says Metallica- Death Magnetic covering up the Coffin Vagina.

Amazing Walmart didn't do that before. :lol:

OraclesofAgony
05-30-2013, 04:35 PM
In speaking of Walmart. I was just there today and they have a copy of Death Magnetic censored. A giant white sticker on the front of the album that says Metallica- Death Magnetic covering up the Coffin Vagina.

Metallica is just too brutal for Walmart.

IrritatedTrout
05-30-2013, 07:23 PM
Finally got AiC today. The booklet art and red jewel case that changes the images is awesome.

IrritatedTrout
05-31-2013, 05:28 PM
I think (I hope) I'm all packed for Europe.

SomewhereInTime72
05-31-2013, 08:35 PM

:lol: :lol: :lol:

John The Drummer
06-01-2013, 08:57 AM
Damn, that Gorod show was actually really fucking awesome last night! The band who was providing the backline dropped off the tour, so I let Gorod use my drum set, THAT was pretty rad, makes 4 different drummers who have used my kit (Exodus, D666, Enthroned, Gorod)!

I wasn't expecting to enjoy Gorod as much as I did, they were really fun, and looked like they were having a hell of a good time on stage! Really nice guys too, can't wait for them to come back.

Their drummer posted this picture showing the venue they were playing in :lol:. I'm totes photobombing it :lol:

https://fbcdn-sphotos-g-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/382225_347984011971519_1620986877_n.jpg

Travis The Dragon
06-01-2013, 03:37 PM
I'm off to finally see the one and only Primus in concert! Later all!

christopher
06-02-2013, 11:44 AM
I just got an iPhone 5 :D

RampinUp46
06-02-2013, 08:50 PM
I saw Cheech and Chong with some friends on Friday and I got to see a few people I haven't seen in years over the weekend.

Not a bad past few days. :D

John The Drummer
06-03-2013, 12:34 PM
Played a Memorial Show on Saturday, and that show was an absolute blast. The stage was outside and (not to toot our own horn) we were on fire. I had brought out my inner Proscriptor during our set :lol: :lol: :lol:

One week until our tour! Can't wait!!!

slapguitarer
06-03-2013, 12:40 PM
I still have $75 iTunes dollars from when I originally got my MacBook a year ago. Any recommendations?

DethMaiden
06-03-2013, 12:52 PM
I still have $75 iTunes dollars from when I originally got my MacBook a year ago. Any recommendations?

Honestly, with that much, I'd buy like a season of an HBO show or something.

ravenheart
06-03-2013, 05:00 PM
I'm off to finally see the one and only Primus in concert! Later all!

Are you going to start a thread about it and complain when no one cares?

dcmetal108
06-03-2013, 07:32 PM
Went to a private pre screening of "The Purge" tonight after work and really enjoyed it. A good suspense movie that is really short, I mean like maybe 1 hour 20 minutes but still enjoyable.

MPF
06-03-2013, 09:01 PM
After tonight I am no longer a Kylesa fan...

anomynous
06-03-2013, 09:10 PM
Go on...........

slapguitarer
06-03-2013, 09:11 PM
After tonight I am no longer a Kylesa fan...

:lame:

MPF
06-03-2013, 09:39 PM
Sorry I was coming home when I wrote that I am home now.

To get the full story, i got an email a few weeks ago from Kylesa's PR asking if I would be interested in interviewing them at the Triple Rock (yes the same venue that NOFX wrote about) June 3rd (tonight). This was a first for me for a Non-Local band to reach out to me to ask for an interview, it's always been the other way around, so of course I said Yes.

Tonight I went to The Triple Rock Doors opened at 7pm, and my girlfriend and I were the first ones at the door (getting at the door at 6:59). I text the tour manager and he said that Laura was doing a phone interview till after 7:30. Which is all good by me, gets me time to check out merch (nothing past 20 bucks on this tour for merch for all the bands, including Vinyl)

Just as Lazer Wulf got on stage and was doing their intro, the tour manager taps me on the shoulder and says that Laura is ready to do the interview.

For those not familiar with the Triple Rock outside the NOFX song, there is the venue area, and attached to it is a separate Bar and Grill area, which is where Laura was. I was brought over to her and she was already in a bad mood. She looked at the venue area before going over to the bar area and saw just a few people including myself, so she thought it was going to be a bad audience.

Philip also wanted to do the interview but he was outside smoking a cigarette. Laura and I were talking and we both agreed how we hoped that the show would have been more advertised. Then she banged on the glass window next to us to get Philips's attention to do the interview.

After he got in and expressed Pleasantries (no pun intended Laura Pleasants) we started the interview. I start it off the same way I always do by asking how the tour was doing so far. She says "Good..." not looking at me but reading magazines while saying it. noticing how that is really a giant Fuck You to me, Phillip started talking more than her, but not too much, but a lot better. Almost every question was answered with a 4-5 word sentance and that's it, as if neither one of them wanted to be there. and before the end of the interview before I did my sign off, they both got up to go away. and when I shut off the recorder after the interview, Phillip ran out of the bar. Hoping to make things a little better, I asked Laura if she could do a Station ID. For those that don't know what that is, it's basically what you hear on your local FM radio stations. Ex: "I'm Laura from Kylesa and you're listening to That Drummer Guy." She said... "This is Kylesa and You're listening To That Drummer Guy." After I thanked her for the interview and Station ID she says "So you're a drummer right? Why didn't you ask to interview our drummers instead?" Which I replied "I liked to interview any member of any band who is interested. If it's the drummer, that's awesome. If it's the whole band that is awesome as well. I just like to give bands that I love and care about some good promotion." which she followed with "Wish I had known that to begin with...cheers..." and walked away. And about 3 steps after she walked away, a guy about 3 times my weight starts hitting on her.

I walk back into the venue area where Lazer Wulf was on their last two songs, and the place was fucking packed so she had ZERO reason to be bitchy about the turn out.

Like my horrid Volbeat (FUCK VOLBEAT) interview from last June, this ranks right up there in terms of awkwardness. But I will still post it in the next day or two, unedited so you can hear the awkwardness.

XDoomsayerX
06-03-2013, 10:09 PM
So you have one bad encounter and you're gonna write off the band despite making quality music? Get over it.

You can keep hating Volbeat though, the suck. ;)

MPF
06-03-2013, 10:15 PM
So you have one bad encounter and you're gonna write off the band despite making quality music? Get over it.

You can keep hating Volbeat though, the suck. ;)

I didn't say I didn't like their music. I said I don't like them. I don't care how good your music is, you treat me like an asshole when all I wanna do is support your music and give you promotion, I'm not a fan anymore.

And the Volbeat thing, again I have no qualms about their actual music, but they are fucking assholes and felt I was beneath them.

Why support something or someone when the artists basically tell you to fuck off? There is too many other great bands who deserve the same attention that would actually appreciate the sentiment.

TonyD
06-03-2013, 11:43 PM
That's too bad. I guess they can't all be zingers.
Did I ever mention on here that Brent Hinds was walking through the lobby of The Warfield after a Mastodon headlining show and in total shock I just said "DUDE" and held up my hand to give him a high five, and he was on his cell phone, kept walking and said "fuck you".
I was 16.
Mastodon was my favorite band.
Brent was my favorite guitar player.

MPF
06-04-2013, 12:23 AM
Did I ever mention on here that Brent Hinds was walking through the lobby of The Warfield after a Mastodon headlining show and in total shock I just said "DUDE" and held up my hand to give him a high five, and he was on his cell phone, kept walking and said "fuck you".
I was 16.

Fuck! That would have shattered me. It would have been like if I had met Devin Townsend for the first time and he told me to fuck off.

It's heartbreaking for anyone who has to go through that kind of situation. Luckily for me with Volbeat, Kylesa, and to a lesser extent Dax Riggs, I'm not the biggest fans of them so it was easier to deal with that happening.

Onioner
06-04-2013, 02:55 AM
I was 16.

That's what I felt like when the Missing Link bullshit happened.

ravenheart
06-04-2013, 05:24 AM
Well, U.S. > U.K., obviously. ;)

Kinda helps that yours is only a two-day promise, whereas ours is one-day.

Our problem is they take too long to get the item in the hands of the delivery service.

I ordered a CD yesterday just after lunch. Anything before 3pm qualifies for next day delivery. I don't actually care in this case whether it turns up on time or not, since I'm off to Sweden Rock tomorrow anyway, but still, it hasn't arrived today, and that's because they didn't dispatch it until 7pm. There's no way any delivery service is going to pick that up that late; they won't get it until this morning.

slapguitarer
06-04-2013, 08:15 AM
That's what I felt like when the Missing Link bullshit happened.

Yeah, that hit all of us.

dcmetal108
06-04-2013, 08:24 AM
So I ended up going to the dentist and they removed the bottom left part of my gum to make way for the wisdom tooth instead of pulling it. My mouth is so numb I can't close and I keep drooling / choking on my own saliva.

ravenheart
06-04-2013, 11:04 AM
So I ended up going to the dentist and they removed the bottom left part of my gum to make way for the wisdom tooth instead of pulling it.

Seems odd...

mankvill
06-04-2013, 11:46 AM
Wearing my Coffins shirt I got at MDF. I love it so much. It's so badass!

John The Drummer
06-04-2013, 12:08 PM
I didn't say I didn't like their music. I said I don't like them. I don't care how good your music is, you treat me like an asshole when all I wanna do is support your music and give you promotion, I'm not a fan anymore.

And the Volbeat thing, again I have no qualms about their actual music, but they are fucking assholes and felt I was beneath them.

Why support something or someone when the artists basically tell you to fuck off? There is too many other great bands who deserve the same attention that would actually appreciate the sentiment.

I completely understand where you are coming from, dude. It is really shitty when you really really like a band, and when you meet them, or in your case interview them, and they treat you as if you are nothing and they give not a single fuck about what you have to say. Bands like that do not deserve the time of day. I am happy that when I have talked to Absu or Melechesh they were totally cool tome, and both are my favorite bands.

Although my band is still unsigned, underground, local, however you want to rank us, we still get a lot of messages on Facebook from people who like us (mainly me), and a lot of people come up to us after our shows and want to talk or just say good job. I don't shoot down a single one, I try to talk to everyone who has something good to say and everyone that loves my music. It can be a bit much at times, but it is still cool to know that although my band is unsigned that some people love us and treat us as if we are a big international touring band. Your fans are the people that make you, so you have to give them all the respect that they deserve.

(I'm not trying to show off or be cocky in my post, just wanted to give my $0.02 :D )

MPF
06-04-2013, 12:15 PM
I completely understand where you are coming from, dude. It is really shitty when you really really like a band, and when you meet them, or in your case interview them, and they treat you as if you are nothing and they give not a single fuck about what you have to say. Bands like that do not deserve the time of day. I am happy that when I have talked to Absu or Melechesh they were totally cool tome, and both are my favorite bands.

Although my band is still unsigned, underground, local, however you want to rank us, we still get a lot of messages on Facebook from people who like us (mainly me), and a lot of people come up to us after our shows and want to talk or just say good job. I don't shoot down a single one, I try to talk to everyone who has something good to say and everyone that loves my music. It can be a bit much at times, but it is still cool to know that although my band is unsigned that some people love us and treat us as if we are a big international touring band. Your fans are the people that make you, so you have to give them all the respect that they deserve.

(I'm not trying to show off or be cocky in my post, just wanted to give my $0.02 :D )

All the more reason you need to play in Minnesota and we can play the Panturra Game in person :D

dcmetal108
06-04-2013, 01:03 PM
Seems odd...

Not really. I don't have insurance yet and he said there was enough room to let them grow so just taking off the gum to relieve the pressure was a lot cheaper.

XDoomsayerX
06-04-2013, 01:48 PM
Not really. I don't have insurance yet and he said there was enough room to let them grow so just taking off the gum to relieve the pressure was a lot cheaper.

Ive never heard of that option, wisdom teeth are useless anyways.

ravenheart
06-04-2013, 02:22 PM
Ive never heard of that option.

Me either.

I have all four of my wisdom teeth though, so it's not something I've particularly investigated.

One of the bottom one's is a bit weird though. It's never fully come through, but is no trouble at all. No pain, no pressure on the other teeth, it's just happy being about a quarter through.

dcmetal108
06-04-2013, 03:00 PM
Me either.

I have all four of my wisdom teeth though, so it's not something I've particularly investigated.

One of the bottom one's is a bit weird though. It's never fully come through, but is no trouble at all. No pain, no pressure on the other teeth, it's just happy being about a quarter through.

One came in pretty much but the other side came in and just hurt too much to even eat.

THIS PAIN FUCKIING SUCKS! FUCKING SUCKS FUCKING HURTS FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK!

MPF
06-05-2013, 04:00 PM
My favorite Venue, Station 4 in St. Paul, MN, haas closed down.

The fire Marshall came today and told the venue they will be closed down after Friday night due to ventilation issues. You joke about how your local venue gets hot as fuck at metal shows, this was THE hottest venue in North America.

If things goes right, Station 4 will reopen in 6-8 months, but there is no guarentee that it will ever reopen due to the price of what it would cost to fix.

I was some of my all time favorite bands there, I have done so many interviews there, I've played there. This is a real punch in the gut right now.

As far as upcoming shows all i know is that Summer Slaughter has been moved to The Cabooze in Minneapolis. Other than that, I believe every other show will be moved or canceled. :(

kalfitegrdan
06-05-2013, 04:20 PM

The fire Marshall came today and told the venue they will be closed down after Friday night due to ventilation issues. You joke about how your local venue gets hot as fuck at metal shows, this was THE hottest venue in North America.

If things goes right, Station 4 will reopen in 6-8 months, but there is no guarentee that it will ever reopen due to the price of what it would cost to fix.

I was some of my all time favorite bands there, I have done so many interviews there, I've played there. This is a real punch in the gut right now.

As far as upcoming shows all i know is that Summer Slaughter has been moved to The Cabooze in Minneapolis. Other than that, I believe every other show will be moved or canceled. :(

Dude, that sucks. :( I feel for ya, man. I couldn't imagine if Reggie's closed down.

Onioner
06-05-2013, 04:26 PM

That sucks man, I'm sorry to hear that. I think everyone here has that favorite little club of theirs that's has that one little thing that should be a dealbreaker, but it isn't and the place is flipping awesome anyway. For you I guess it was Station 4 and the heat, for me it's Slim's in SF and its goddamn support beams haha.

MPF
06-05-2013, 04:45 PM
Station 4 just said they are doing everything in their power come back as soon as possible, possibly even within 3 months.

I'm not holding my breath, but I would love that.

dcmetal108
06-05-2013, 05:23 PM
Dude, that sucks. :( I feel for ya, man. I couldn't imagine if Bottomlounge closed down.

FTFY.

kalfitegrdan
06-05-2013, 09:44 PM
FTFY.

Oh, you and liking shit venues.

christopher
06-05-2013, 09:50 PM

Damn that sucks man. I think I know how you feel about it being hot. My favorite venue in LA had no ventilation. There was this one place called the Blvd that pretty much became my second home for a while. I saw Ceremony there and the walls were literally sweating. I was drenched in sweat and I was pretty much standing still the entire time.

RampinUp46
06-06-2013, 08:00 AM

Fuck dude, that sucks. I still remember what it felt like when the old Emo's closed down. Hopefully that venue does come back though.

dcmetal108
06-06-2013, 09:08 AM
Oh, you and liking shit venues.

I knew you would see that! ;)

christopher
06-06-2013, 09:08 PM
I just got some Taco Bell and going to sit down and eat it while watching my new Star Wars Blu Ray! I'm going to start with Empire Strikes Back for tonight. :D