PDA

View Full Version : Fred Durst On The Decline Of Limp Bizkit

BloodoftheKings
08-17-2012, 08:34 AM
Fred Durst has admitted that Limp Bizkit are "over".

In May of this year, the frontman revealed that they had been working on two projects since signing to Lil Wayne's Cash Money label: a studio album titled 'Stampede Of The Disco Elephants', and a follow-up to their 2005 EP 'The Unquestionable Truth Part 1'.

According to Metal Injection, however, the singer has said that although the band are not splitting up, their popularity has waned as a lot of their former fans "have moved on".

Speaking about the current status of the band, he said: "We don't play back home. We've boycotted America for many years now. I don't know, I just don't wanna go out like that. We did a few radio shows in 2010 for a friend and that was it. We haven't properly toured America since 2006.

"The reason? We just don’t know what's going on in America," he added. "It's all about the new catchy thing and that's always changing. America is driven by record sales. It's the home of corporations. We're just Limp Bizkit, so we don't know how to do anything but Limp Bizkit."

He went on to say: But here's the deal: say in 2000, there were 35 million people who connected to this band. Twelve years later, lots of those people have moved on. We were a moment in time and it's over.
Last December, Limp Bizkit said goodbye to their old record label, Interscope, following poor album sales from their last LP 'Gold Cobra'. In April of this year, meanwhile, it was reported that Durst wanted to axe band members John Otto and DJ Lethal from the group.

Link (http://www.nme.com/news/limp-bizkit/65573)

Truly a sad day for music.

GarageMetal468
08-17-2012, 08:36 AM
R.I.P.

AnthG
08-17-2012, 08:40 AM
He talks about America being all about the next big thing and whatever's trendy being what's popular. That's pretty much why Limp Bizkit became successful.

AnataFan4Life
08-17-2012, 08:41 AM
Gonna go cry myself to sleep

girnny777
08-17-2012, 08:42 AM
RIP in peace

mankvill
08-17-2012, 08:47 AM
"It's all about the new catchy thing and that's always changing. America is driven by record sales. It's the home of corporations."

So perfect for nu-metal, right you dumb slut?

hot_turkey_ed
08-17-2012, 08:52 AM
Editorial Note: Headline changed. While this is Misinformation and Propaganda, we still need to get it right.

BloodoftheKings
08-17-2012, 08:54 AM
Looking at it again it doesn't seem like Fred actually said they were breaking up. I'm a little confused by this. In the Metal Injection article he says "we're not breaking up" but he also says they're over. So what exactly is he saying? Is Limp Bizkit just gonna play a few festival shows in Europe from time to time and occasionally put out albums he knows nobody will care about?

dcmetal108
08-17-2012, 08:55 AM
I always wanted to see them live :(

ravenheart
08-17-2012, 09:01 AM
Looking at it again it doesn't seem like Fred actually said they were breaking up. I'm a little confused by this. In the Metal Injection article he says "we're not breaking up" but he also says they're over. So what exactly is he saying? Is Limp Bizkit just gonna play a few festival shows in Europe from time to time and occasionally put out albums he knows nobody will care about?

He didn't say they're over, he said it's over, referring to the time when they were really popular.

ravenheart
08-17-2012, 09:02 AM
RIP in peace

That doesn't make sense.

girnny777
08-17-2012, 09:06 AM
That doesn't make sense.

giantcollageofpeoplefacepalming.jpg

dcmetal108
08-17-2012, 09:10 AM
That doesn't make sense.

Maybe it's a double negative and he doesn't want them to rest in peace.

ShatteredFlame
08-17-2012, 09:50 AM
It's just one of those days

WOLVERINEKILLS
08-17-2012, 10:24 AM
It's just one of those days

Lol

Steev
08-17-2012, 10:30 AM
They were always fun live, he's just being overdramatic because they can't pull arena crowds here

DementedX14
08-17-2012, 06:59 PM
I always wanted to see them live :(

Me too! I don't care what anybody says about them. I still love their shit.

hellawaits77ny
08-18-2012, 04:04 AM
I actually don't hate Linkin Park, and when I saw them in '03, they were pretty damn good live. Their new album wasn't terrible IMO. Yes, the hate will come.

I'm disappointed they won't be touring NA, cause I'd like to see them live again. Not sure why the band won't play clubs at least. Shit, it's better than sitting on their not-rich asses masturbating to their videos from 1999. Fred's ego is probably just too big. But to give him credit, what he said about America's taste in music is 100% correct. Hence one of the reasons they were so huge 1999-2002.

dcmetal108
08-18-2012, 04:15 AM
His ego is huge hahaha.

Seriously though the fact that he won't play anything in the US is stupid. I mean it's not like fans overseas are dying to hear Limp Bizkit.

kommie
08-18-2012, 05:10 AM
His ego is huge hahaha.

Seriously though the fact that he won't play anything in the US is stupid. I mean it's not like fans overseas are dying to hear Limp Bizkit.

Don't they just do the festivals overseas? It's not like they alone can sell arenas anywhere.

Natrlhi
08-18-2012, 08:08 AM
giantcollageofpeoplefacepalming.jpg

No. He was right. What you posted didn't make any damn sense. If he didn't call you on it, somebody else probably would have.

AnthG
08-18-2012, 09:37 AM
I actually don't hate Linkin Park, and when I saw them in '03, they were pretty damn good live. Their new album wasn't terrible IMO. Yes, the hate will come.

I'm disappointed they won't be touring NA, cause I'd like to see them live again. Not sure why the band won't play clubs at least. Shit, it's better than sitting on their not-rich asses masturbating to their videos from 1999. Fred's ego is probably just too big. But to give him credit, what he said about America's taste in music is 100% correct. Hence one of the reasons they were so huge 1999-2002.

Wrong thread dude.

kommie
08-18-2012, 04:50 PM
Linkin Park... Limp Bizkit..... Is there really a difference? Shitty nu-metal/rap metal shit.

Dextrimental
08-18-2012, 05:19 PM
Seen them at Graspop, one of the best bands of the weekend for me. They are still fun live, and they hold a lot of nostalgia for anyone 20 and over these days. Fred is totally on the ball though, they aren't relevant in the States anymore, and going from the numbers they once sold it's got to be a bit of a kick in the teeth to have to start from the ground up again.

dcmetal108
08-18-2012, 05:49 PM
They could easily do like a HOB tour or club tour packing in about 1,000 or so people a night and do a throwback tour or something for older fans.

El Gordo
08-18-2012, 05:50 PM
Linkin Park... Limp Bizkit..... Is there really a difference? Shitty nu-metal/rap metal shit.

Lol not really... except that Limp Bizkit is funny and sad, and Linkin Park is just horrible, and for some reason still gets played on rock radio.