PDA

View Full Version : Seriously, Dave Mustaine... WTF

hot_turkey_ed
08-15-2012, 03:18 PM
Someone is going to post this, so I might as well get it out of the way. Behave yourselves in this thread. I'm warning you now.

Sources: Politico (http://www.politico.com/blogs/click/2012/08/megadeth-frontman-badmouths-obama-132239.html), NY Daily News (http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/music-arts/megaidiot-megadeth-frontman-dave-mustaine-obama-mastermind-behind-staged-shootings-aurora-colo-wisconsin-sikh-temple-article-1.1137138), Blabbermouth (http://www.blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=178194), even TMZ (http://www.tmz.com/2012/08/15/megadeth-singer-obama-staged-aurora-shooting-massacre/#comments-fullwrapper)

Dave's quotes are all over the media... August 7th in Singapore at a shoe... "Back in my country, my president ... he's trying to pass a gun ban, so he's staging all of these murders, like the 'Fast And Furious' thing down at the border ... Aurora, Colorado, all the people that were killed there ... and now the beautiful people at the Sikh temple. .... I don't know where I'm gonna live if America keeps going the way it's going because it looks like it's turning into Nazi America."

The Video: YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CclESqZjqvM)

Let me quote Alice Cooper from a few years ago: " ... When I was a kid and my parents started talking about politics, I'd run to my room and put on the Rolling Stones as loud as I could. So when I see all these rock stars up there talking politics, it makes me sick. .... If you're listening to a rock star in order to get your information on who to vote for, you're a bigger moron than they are. Why are we rock stars? Because we're morons. We sleep all day, we play music at night and very rarely do we sit around reading the Washington Journal. ”

AnataFan4Life
08-15-2012, 03:19 PM
I fucking love Megadeth, but Dave has lost his goddamn mind

treghet
08-15-2012, 03:23 PM
I think people are used to him saying dumb stuff, but if there was anything that would cause some major backlash, it's this. Curious to see how this pans out for him.

Dextrimental
08-15-2012, 03:25 PM
I normally laugh off what he says, but this really made him go down a notch in my book. That's literally one of the most ridiculous things I've heard a rock star say, never-mind disrespectful.

DisposableJustice
08-15-2012, 03:34 PM
What the fuck; I too love Megadeth but this is just pure bullshit on the part of Dave. This ticks me off more so since the movie shooting took place 20 minutes away from me and involved people I know having people hurt. It is his right of free speech to say what he wants, but I also have the right to say he is way out of line.

I really hate to say this, and I wish that no harm comes to anyone, but I am curious if Dave would be saying the same thing if his children were at that theater or any other major shooting in the past 10 years:flame:

Travis The Dragon
08-15-2012, 03:34 PM
Just Dave being his usual, political self. Nothing new here.

treghet
08-15-2012, 03:37 PM
Just Dave being his usual, political self. Nothing new here.

No, this is easily the worst thing he's said.

mankvill
08-15-2012, 03:39 PM
Dave Mustaine being a crazy motherfucking far-right conspiracy theorist, nothing out of the ordinary.

kalfitegrdan
08-15-2012, 03:44 PM
*audible sigh*

InFlamesOfBirchmen
08-15-2012, 03:55 PM
I don't consider myself the biggest fan of Obama (nor Romney, for that matter), but that's just ridiculous and borderline slander. When did Dave Mustaine become Ted Nugent?

brutal_descent
08-15-2012, 03:56 PM
Jesus Christ, I'm really starting to get fed up with Mustaine. He's like an old dog that needs to get put down :hecho:

Sanitarium78
08-15-2012, 04:04 PM
One of the side effects of drug use can be extreme paranoia. Sounds like Dave is using again because nobody in a straight frame of mind could come up with something like that. This is easily the most out there thing he's said in many, many years.

Maybe it's not all bad if he's using again, it could help his musical output.

lifesadream
08-15-2012, 04:46 PM
MK-Ultra is a CIA run program that practices mind control and has created assassins for decades. There are thousands of documents that proves this. Blaming Obama for this is kind of ridiculous but the concept is not a conspiracy.

treghet
08-15-2012, 04:49 PM
MK-Ultra is a CIA run program that practices mind control and has created assassins for decades. There are thousands of documents that proves this. Blaming Obama for this is kind of ridiculous but the concept is not a conspiracy.

Well then.

Nater
08-15-2012, 05:24 PM

Do you go by HHH247?

kalfitegrdan
08-15-2012, 05:26 PM
Well then.

:lol:

mankvill
08-15-2012, 05:26 PM

are you indestructible?

idrinkwine732
08-15-2012, 05:29 PM
Saying this is so ridiculously offensive that I can't believe that he hasn't done damage control yet.

hellawaits77ny
08-15-2012, 06:26 PM
Seriously Dave.............kill yourself.

dcmetal108
08-15-2012, 06:58 PM
are you indestructible?

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

ravenheart
08-15-2012, 07:34 PM
Let me quote Alice Cooper from a few years ago: " ... When I was a kid and my parents started talking about politics, I'd run to my room and put on the Rolling Stones as loud as I could. So when I see all these rock stars up there talking politics, it makes me sick. .... If you're listening to a rock star in order to get your information on who to vote for, you're a bigger moron than they are. Why are we rock stars? Because we're morons. We sleep all day, we play music at night and very rarely do we sit around reading the Washington Journal.

Incidentally, this kind of shit gets on my nerves as well. There are a few people who basically refuse to write songs about anything political or social or whatever, and they always say things like this. No one sensible listens to political songs to be told what to think. They listen to them to understand what the rock stars they love think.

NecroRob
08-15-2012, 07:44 PM
I know people who think like this and have similar beliefs. I find the whole conspiracy theory phenomena fascinating, and I actually did some research and wrote a paper in one of my classes on the subject last year. Let me just say that there's a reason a vast majority of conspiracy theory believers are uneducated and/or drug and alcohol users.

XDoomsayerX
08-15-2012, 07:52 PM
One of the side effects of drug use can be extreme paranoia. Sounds like Dave is using again because nobody in a straight frame of mind could come up with something like that. This is easily the most out there thing he's said in many, many years.

Doubt it, would probably write some conspiracy/paranoia garbage. Hasn't he said some anti-gay stuff as well? Man Dave you just want attention don't ya.

Butcher of Birth
08-15-2012, 08:23 PM
Eat shit and die. As much as I love Megadeth he needs to have his mouth wired shut between singing songs.

Onioner
08-15-2012, 08:36 PM

Sanitarium is on the money here, this could be the greatest thing ever if he's back on drugs. Yeah dude might OD again soon, but I think that he could shit out another Endgame if he has enough inspiration, even if it's drawn from drug fueled right wing conspiracy bullshit.

Xenocide
08-15-2012, 08:44 PM
...and there goes any chance of me financially supporting Megadeth in any way shape or form again.

ravenheart
08-15-2012, 08:45 PM
Sanitarium is on the money here, this could be the greatest thing ever if he's back on drugs. Yeah dude might OD again soon, but I think that he could shit out another Endgame if he has enough inspiration, even if it's drawn from drug fueled right wing conspiracy bullshit.

If there's one thing we don't need it's another convoluted mess like Endgame.

anomynous
08-15-2012, 08:47 PM
If there's one thing we don't need it's another convoluted mess like Thirteen.

Fixed

WOLVERINEKILLS
08-15-2012, 10:51 PM
...and there goes any chance of me financially supporting Megadeth in any way shape or form again.

Lol my money is on Dave making that comment to get some press...

imanidiot777
08-16-2012, 03:30 AM

Yeah, I did some research on this, and you aren't kidding. I will share the Wiki link because it is easiest. I agree blaming Obama for it is crap. The government has been doing illegal things, killing people, and trying to control the world for as long as it has existed. I mean, do we really think after this program was found out and stopped that they didn't just make another one at some point? Come on....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Project_MKUltra

mastodon421
08-16-2012, 05:03 AM
As much as I love Megadeth, Mustaine really needs to cut the shit with these retarded conspiracy theories.

Namaste
08-16-2012, 05:28 AM
People who listen to the bullshit that Alex Jones spews out of his mouth are the worst ones. They have absolutely no idea what is going on in the real world. They are the true sheep.

mastodon421
08-16-2012, 08:57 AM
Mark Hunter from Chimaira just posted this and I thought it was pretty hilarious so I figured I'd share:

"35 years ago Obama had Elvis murdered. RIP to the King...wait ... Sorry, was listening to Megadeth and the MK Ultra NLP kicked in"

Maidenmagic
08-16-2012, 09:17 AM
Freedom of speech. Dave can say whatever he wants.

IrritatedTrout
08-16-2012, 09:58 AM
Well then.

Winner.

BloodoftheKings
08-16-2012, 11:47 AM
Freedom of speech. Dave can say whatever he wants.

Just because he has the right to say it doesn't mean it isn't fucking stupid.

anomynous
08-16-2012, 11:52 AM
People who listen to the bullshit that Alex Jones spews out of his mouth are the worst ones. They have absolutely no idea what is going on in the real world. They are the true sheep.

Alex Jones and Mustaine are BFFs.

treghet
08-17-2012, 02:22 PM
Dave Mustaine has responded via interview with Alex Jones. This is making my head hurt.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QBM9bxHQoeg