PDA

View Full Version : New Death Grips album 'No Love Deep Web'

BloodoftheKings
08-14-2012, 05:09 PM
When Death Grips signed to Epic early this year, they promised they'd deliver two albums before the end of 2012. First we got the excellent The Money Store. And now, the band has announced a new album due out this fall via Epic and Columbia ("most likely" in late October), NO LOVE DEEP WEB.
Here's what the band had to say about the album in a statement:

the album is titled NO LOVE DEEP WEB
we are working on 20 tracks and looking to narrow down to 13.
it will be released by epic records in the us and columbia in the uk.
the release is scheduled for fall 2012. most likely late october.
we are in correspondence with Crispin Glover and working toward a video collaboration with him relating to this album.
we've been recording the album primarily in sacramento , ca. and oakland , ca. for the past five months.
we will be mixing it in shanghai , china.
there are no manually programmed drums on this album ,
the beats are being played live on a roland electronic v-drum set or acoustic drum set by zach.
there are no features , guest collabs or outside producers.
the material is cold , bass heavy , minimal , rock & roll influenced and could simultaneously fit into a rave or dance club context.
it is essentially rap and electronic music while at times extremely aggressive.
we plan on supporting this release live internationally.

*the track that comes out sept.10 as part of the adult swim series is a previously unreleased track from the Money Store and is totally unrelated to the new album NO LOVE DEEP WEB.
NO LOVE DEEP WEB is another sound and vibe entirely.

- Death Grips

Another contender for AOTY.

mastodon421
08-14-2012, 05:15 PM
Stoked for this. If it's half as good as The Money Store, it will still be top 10 for the year.

slapguitarer
08-14-2012, 06:09 PM
I'm looking forward to this. Mainly because they'll finally tour once this is released.

bt11763
08-14-2012, 07:12 PM
I'm looking forward to this. Mainly because they'll finally tour once this is released.

yeee

mankvill
08-14-2012, 10:19 PM
no thx

BloodoftheKings
08-15-2012, 06:26 PM
Apparently there is some insane marketing campaign for this album that was uncovered by some people on 4chan with too much time on there hands. It seems Death Grips has been putting clues pertaining to the new album in twitter post and photos. The whole thing was really hard to follow but from what I gathered someone enhanced DG's facebook/twitter photo and found a message in braille. It was decoded into a URL that led to a series of cryptic messages and links to sketchy websites with mp3 files that contain nothing but high pitched noises. The only real information that seems to have come out of this whole thing is that the album is coming out October 23rd.

slapguitarer
08-15-2012, 08:03 PM
Death Grips would do that and /mu/ would figure it out.

BloodoftheKings
08-15-2012, 08:07 PM
Death Grips would do that and /mu/ would figure it out.

I really don't know if i'm more impressed with Death Grips for coming up with this, or /mu/ for figuring it out.

BloodoftheKings
09-30-2012, 09:20 PM
Tracklisting:

‎1. Come Up and Get Me
2. Lil Boy
3. NO LOVE
4. Black Dice
5. World of Dogs
6. Lock Your Doors
7. Whammy
8. Hunger Games
9. DEEP WEB
10. Stockton
11. Pop
12. Bass Rattle Stars Out the Sky
13. Artificial Death in the West

Death Grips are supposedly leaking the album in defiance of their record label who said they couldn't release it til next year. They're supposed to make a move within the next 2 hours. If this shit lives up to the hype it's gonna be AOTY without a doubt.

slapguitarer
09-30-2012, 10:03 PM
#noided

BloodoftheKings
09-30-2012, 10:55 PM
5 MINUTES

http://www.animateit.net/data/media/353/ehlxld.gif

christopher
09-30-2012, 11:03 PM
A zip of the new album???? :eek:

They posted a few sites for the new album leak. I finally got a copy of it through songkick. That album cover! :lol:

BloodoftheKings
10-01-2012, 12:00 AM
Just got done with my first listen. It's fucking great but I cant say it's better than The Money Store or Exmilitary at the moment. One thing I can definitely say it has over TMS is consistency. There isn't 1 weak track on this thing. The past 45 minutes felt like just 20 minutes. Ride's vocals are so fucking good on this album. There's a few parts where his vocals get higher and it almost sounds like he's screaming.

I was also very happy to see that the dick with No Love Deep Web written on it in sharpie is actually the album cover. I thought that was just a troll when I first saw it. I'm hoping they keep that cover when they release this shit on vinyl.

street_burial
10-01-2012, 05:44 AM
Downloading now :dance:

ShatteredFlame
10-01-2012, 06:26 AM
:eek: I was not even expecting this!

street_burial
10-01-2012, 06:29 AM
This is fucking great. Easily gonna make my top 10 this year.

mankvill
10-01-2012, 08:59 AM
ehhh. i'm kinda done with this kind of hip-hop now. Odd Future was fun for a while but I just can't get into Death Grips at all.

no thx

slapguitarer
10-01-2012, 09:26 AM
>implying they're similar.

NecroRob
10-01-2012, 12:19 PM
ehhh. i'm kinda done with this kind of hip-hop now. Odd Future was fun for a while but I just can't get into Death Grips at all.

no thx

You obviously haven't listened to them at all if you think they are similar to Odd Future even in the slightest. I can see not liking them, but your reason for not liking them seems faulty.

Also, this album rules. Don't like it as much as The Money Store at this point, but I still need a lot more time with it.

mastodon421
10-01-2012, 12:21 PM
>implying they're similar.

This, Manks you're off your fucking rocker if you think OFWGKTA and Death Grips are even remotely similar.

BloodoftheKings
10-01-2012, 01:14 PM

no thx

3/10, almost fell for it.

BloodoftheKings
10-01-2012, 01:22 PM
Death Grips' website got shut down. There's no use in the label trying to stop this now because way too many people have the album already.

BloodoftheKings
11-02-2012, 06:59 PM
Figured i'd just post it in this thread rather then starting a new one. I'm surprised, I really thought this whole thing was staged. Also, is Flatlander out of the group? He hasn't been at any of the recent live shows and this article is calling them a duo.

Following a month of public turbulence, Epic Records has announced it's "in the process" of dropping the hardcore rap duo from its roster.

The news comes following the band's surprise leak of its own sophomore album, No Love Deep Web, a month ago. Controversy surrounding the album is not limited to the music -- the band opted for a picture of a penis as the cover art, and yesterday, in a post shared on the band's Facebook page titled, "HAHAHAHAHAHAHA NOW F--- OFF," published what are believed to be private emails from Epic's senior vice president of business affairs and legal to their management.

That correspondence said the band had breached the Sony Music-owned company's contract agreements, infringed on the label's copyright rights, and "without provocation made false and disparaging statements." It also asked that Death Grips immediately pull No Love Deep Web from all websites and provide the masters to Epic, which Epic owns, continuing, "This album will not count towards the Recording Commitment. As I'm sure you understand, Epic will not pay for an album that thousands of people have already downloaded."

So, perhaps, this should come as no surprise.

Epic issued the following statement today: "Epic Records is a music first company that breaks new artists. That is our mission and our mandate. Unfortunately, when marketing and publicity stunts trump the actual music, we must remind ourselves of our core values. To that end, effective immediately, we are working to dissolve our relationship with Death Grips. We wish them well."

The group is currently on a European tour with stateside dates scheduled soon as well.

mankvill
11-02-2012, 07:24 PM
3edgy5me

treghet
11-02-2012, 08:21 PM
"This album will not count towards the Recording Commitment. As I'm sure you understand, Epic will not pay for an album that thousands of people have already downloaded."

As if thousands of people wouldn't have downloaded it anyway... :lol:

dcmetal108
11-03-2012, 03:25 AM
As if thousands of people wouldn't have downloaded it anyway... :lol:

This. Even after it came out normally the band would have still made a effort to post a link to download it or something more than likely.