PDA

View Full Version : ADL Apologizes To Hatebreed

imanidiot777
08-08-2012, 06:22 AM
Just thought you all might find this interesting. We will see how long it takes for them to get removed from this article.

http://www.cnn.com/2012/08/08/opinion/nasatir-white-power-bands/index.html?iid=article_sidebar

"At any given time, about 100 to 150 white power bands are in the United States. The bands' own names defiantly express feelings of hate or violence: Aggravated Assault, Angry Aryans, Attack, Definite Hate, Final Solution, Force Fed Hate, Fueled by Hate, Hatebreed, Hate Crime, Jew Slaughter and White Terror, among others."

Somehow CNN's moronic author, Lonnie Nasatir, included Hatebreed in this list. Do some research, idiot. And this is how the media constantly shits all over legitimate heavy metal.

kalfitegrdan
08-08-2012, 06:48 AM
Is this about that shooting in Wisconsin? I remember glancing at something on CNN and it saying something about him being in a white power hardcore band called "End Apathy" or something.

imanidiot777
08-08-2012, 06:50 AM
Is this about that shooting in Wisconsin? I remember glancing at something on CNN and it saying something about him being in a white power hardcore band called "End Apathy" or something.

That is what it is about. Somehow the author assumed because the name Hatebreed sounds "hate-ish", and did no research, that it was OK to just defame them.

dcmetal108
08-08-2012, 06:56 AM
That is what it is about. Somehow the author assumed because the name Hatebreed sounds "hate-ish", and did no research, that it was OK to just defame them.

Jasta will tear CNN a new one trust me.

kalfitegrdan
08-08-2012, 07:01 AM

I wonder where they even got the idea that Hatebreed was white power or whatever.

After a bit of googling...apparently they've been getting lumped in with that category for years.

Sanitarium78
08-08-2012, 07:15 AM
Calling Hatebreed a white power band is easily one of the most ignorant things i've ever read from a misinformed critic.

Steev
08-08-2012, 07:22 AM
Idiotic since every single time I've seen Hatebreed headline they've had bands with members of pretty much every race imaginable

imanidiot777
08-08-2012, 07:27 AM
What's even worse is, the author, Lonnie Nasatir, is actually DIRECTOR of the Anti-Defamation League. Wow.

elturtleboy
08-08-2012, 07:50 AM
Yeah there's a Latino dude in the band...

imanidiot777
08-08-2012, 08:31 AM
It has now been removed from the article after Twitter insanity spewed at CNN. Still no apology.

RampinUp46
08-08-2012, 06:58 PM
Calling Hatebreed a white power band is easily one of the most ignorant things i've ever read from a misinformed critic.

I dunno, all the people who were active for Hatebreed when I saw them were white dudes with shaved heads, tattoos, and cargo pants. Obviously they were white-pride. :tp:

This is one of the most ignorant statements I've seen, though unfortunately, since the media knows next to nothing about distorted guitar music, this doesn't surprise me.

hot_turkey_ed
08-09-2012, 12:10 AM
From the link: "A previous version of this commentary incorrectly included the band Hatebreed in a list of white power bands. Hatebreed is a self-described "hardcore metal" band. CNN regrets the error." At least CNN put an apology on the article. They should add one more: masking an ADL press release (however well intended the message might be) as a special news article. With this quality of journalism, no wonder CNN ratings are so bad.

I like this user comment the best: "As a music reviewer (and most definitely NOT a neo-nazi, skinhead, or racist) calling Hatebreed a racism-fueled group is absolutely ridiculous. A mere, tiny, apology at the end of the story isn't enough to undo the damage that CNN has dealt to a band that has painstakingly tried to thwart race hatred throughout its career. On top of that, I don't even LIKE Hatebreed. "

imanidiot777
08-09-2012, 02:53 AM
The apology is REALLY half-assed. By saying "incorrectly included" they are barely admitting the fact that they put them in there with no research. Say that CNN; say we included this band without doing research beforehand.

powerslave_85
08-09-2012, 03:14 AM
Hardly surprising. We're talking about a news agency that didn't even bother confirming a supreme court ruling before reporting on it.

hellawaits77ny
08-09-2012, 03:44 AM
I wonder where they even got the idea that Hatebreed was white power or whatever.

After a bit of googling...apparently they've been getting lumped in with that category for years.

They've seemingly always been unfairly lumped into that category w/ those scumbag bands. Truly unfortunate. If these ignorant morons would take 5 minutes, seriously, that's all it would take, they would see that Hatebreed is about as UN-white supremecist as you can get.

Also in these 5 minutes, said morons could learn that the name itself has nothing to do w/ hatred for a race, it is something that Jamey Jasta considers himself, being a product of rape. Good to see the idiots finally took the 5 minutes.

Dextrimental
08-09-2012, 04:33 AM
They've seemingly always been unfairly lumped into that category w/ those scumbag bands. Truly unfortunate. If these ignorant morons would take 5 minutes, seriously, that's all it would take, they would see that Hatebreed is about as UN-white supremecist as you can get.

Also in these 5 minutes, said morons could learn that the name itself has nothing to do w/ hatred for a race, it is something that Jamey Jasta considers himself, being a product of rape. Good to see the idiots finally took the 5 minutes.

I never knew that last part about Jamey! Fuck!

Nater
08-09-2012, 04:54 AM
I remember back in the day when Limewire was the cool thing Smash Your Enemies was labeled as Kill the N******. I was shocked to say the least because I never thought they had any kinda of racial hatred in their lyrics. I looked it up and found it was some 10 year old retard from the bible belt or something who thought he was being funny. Or it was CNN

hot_turkey_ed
08-09-2012, 05:22 AM
What's even worse is, the author, Lonnie Nasatir, is actually DIRECTOR of the Anti-Defamation League. Wow.

From what I've read, Lonnie Nasatir oversees a six state region of the ADL in the Midwest. Abraham Foxman is the national director of the ADL.

imanidiot777
08-09-2012, 05:35 AM
From what I've read, Lonnie Nasatir oversees a six state region of the ADL in the Midwest. Abraham Foxman is the national director of the ADL.

A quick search of the Wikipedia page of the Anti-Defamation League turns up some interesting information, including this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anti-defamation_league#Denver_defamation_suit

jd091
08-09-2012, 06:56 AM
it is something that Jamey Jasta considers himself, being a product of rape.

I never knew that last part about Jamey! Fuck!

Dude, that's just the lyrics to Conceived Through An Act of Violence; Jamey was never singing about himself (he's said it before in interviews, idk if I can find the source right now).

Honestly, this whole article is just like, who cares? The mistake was corrected so quickly, whatever.

hot_turkey_ed
08-09-2012, 07:09 AM
A quick search of the Wikipedia page of the Anti-Defamation League turns up some interesting information, including this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anti-defamation_league#Denver_defamation_suit

It's not hard to google examples where the ADL / members of ADL have cried wolf much to the detriment of their cause. It's also not difficult to google examples of the organization making very positive contributions.

I would encourage people who are unfamiliar with the organization to read the entirety of the wiki on it and do some homework.

hot_turkey_ed
08-09-2012, 07:19 AM
Google "Hatebreed ADL" and this thread is 4th on the results; 2nd page (after a slew of CNN links), with "Hatebreed White Power". What you all have posted has made you part of a much bigger conversation, even if it is a matter of setting the record straight in our little part of the metal community.

:cool:

Dextrimental
08-09-2012, 08:23 AM
Shameful on all counts, specially since I find Hatebreed to perpetuate nothing but positivity and inspiration to anyone who listens to them. Also had the pleasure of meeting three of them and they were more than willing to hang out with fans. I think Hatebreed handled the situation well, very professional, making sure CNN are seen as being totally in-professional.

imanidiot777
08-09-2012, 10:13 AM
It's not hard to google examples where the ADL / members of ADL have cried wolf much to the detriment of their cause. It's also not difficult to google examples of the organization making very positive contributions.

I would encourage people who are unfamiliar with the organization to read the entirety of the wiki on it and do some homework.

You're right. I can Google both, but there should never be a case where a league against defamation, or any member of it, is committing the very thing they are preaching against. People forgive mistakes when they are honest mistakes, but there is nothing worse than preaching against something and then doing that exact thing. If you do that, even once, no one can ever believe you again.

In no way am I bashing or being unfair here. But if it is taken that way, obviously it is up to your judgment to remove.

Natrlhi
08-09-2012, 11:18 AM
http://www.blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=177876

CNN has apologized.

You can all now move on to the next horrible travesty of justice in the world.

jd091
08-10-2012, 06:30 AM
http://www.blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=177876

CNN has apologized.

You can all now move on to the next horrible travesty of justice in the world.

:lol:

John The Drummer
08-10-2012, 12:34 PM
I always thought that Jamey Jasta dressed like a Cholo..... hella white power, brah.

hot_turkey_ed
08-14-2012, 08:51 AM
A follow up.. the ADL has issued a written apology to Hatebreed.

Here it is: link (https://twitter.com/#!/hatebreed/media/slideshow?url=http%3A%2F%2Fyfrog.com%2Fes2hcizj)

imanidiot777
08-15-2012, 02:49 AM
A follow up.. the ADL has issued a written apology to Hatebreed.

Here it is: link (https://twitter.com/#!/hatebreed/media/slideshow?url=http%3A%2F%2Fyfrog.com%2Fes2hcizj)

Good to see.