Nightwish
Anthrax :rocker:
Arch Enemy :rocker:
Amorphis
Sabaton
Rage (with orchestra)
Subway to Sally
Doro

Pretty meh so far... I've seen Anthrax, Deep Purple, and Arch Enemy, and the rest aren't worth writing home about.

justinm4bama
08-04-2012, 09:32 PM
Ah I would love to see Deep Purple! :drool:

brutal_descent
08-05-2012, 12:30 PM
Rammstein and Transmetal have been added to the line-up on Last.fm, but I'll take that with a grain of salt since there hasn't been an official confirmation.

ravenheart
08-05-2012, 01:11 PM
Rammstein and Transmetal have been added to the line-up on Last.fm, but I'll take that with a grain of salt since there hasn't been an official confirmation.

Rage with the Lingua Mortis Orchestra is by far the best thing on the bill so far.

I like that Wacken starts announcing bands so early. It provides a good barometer for who might be appearing at better festivals next year :D

Dextrimental
08-05-2012, 01:35 PM
Rage with the Lingua Mortis Orchestra is by far the best thing on the bill so far.

I like that Wacken starts announcing bands so early. It provides a good barometer for who might be appearing at better festivals next year :D

Yes and no. Wacken being in August means it usually have a pretty different line up to the one we get attending the festivals in June/July.

That said, Nightwish, Anthrax and Deep Purple are all more or less guaranteed for the June festivals. 2009 since Nightwish and Anthrax did them last, not to mention new albums from both, and its been even longer for Deep Purple.

RampinUp46
08-05-2012, 06:07 PM
:drool:

Hopefully I'll have enough money to go to Germany next year - if I can, I'm going to fucking Wacken. :party:

brutal_descent
08-05-2012, 06:14 PM

Hopefully I'll have enough money to go to Germany next year - if I can, I'm going to fucking Wacken. :party:

Because it's Wacken or because of the first announcement? Because neither is that impressive :eyes:

ravenheart
08-05-2012, 06:15 PM

It's almost a cast-iron guarantee that whatever kind of metal you're into, there's a better festival to go to in Europe. There's probably a better one in Germany.

kalfitegrdan
08-05-2012, 06:23 PM
It's almost a cast-iron guarantee that whatever kind of metal you're into, there's a better festival to go to in Europe. There's probably a better one in Germany.

:lol: Definitely. I've wanted to go to Wacken for years, but the more I look at the lineups of different festivals, the more I realize that Wacken really isn't all that great.

RampinUp46
08-05-2012, 06:37 PM

Oh, definitely true. However it's been on my list of things to cross off my list since I was 13...plus a couple of people I know are likely going next year and it'd be cool to shoot the shit with them.

ravenheart
08-06-2012, 03:57 AM
However it's been on my list of things to cross off my list since I was 13...

That's what all pop fans say ;)

Then afterwards, they say "I was there" and attempt to bask in glory ;)

Spiner202
08-06-2012, 12:49 PM
This lineup doesn't excite me too much. Anthrax are good, but they tour North America often. Sabaton is a similar case, though they are definitely the best announcement for me. I can't go anyways, but I'm going to be following the announcements to see how it stacks up.

Also, for whoever said they don't have good lineups anymore, look at 2010 and 2011; both are completely insane lineups. Even this year's lineup was pretty strong, it was only the headliners that were weak.

The size shouldn't be a deterrant. With the exception of Scorpions, I could get as close as I wanted for every band and could see the stage and screens for all of them. For the bands in the Bullhead City Circus (W.E.T./Headbanger Stages) I was either on the rail, or could have been on the rail but chose to stand further back. For the main stages, you could also get extremely close, and probably even get to the rail if you really wanted to.

mankvill
08-06-2012, 12:55 PM
Wacken would be fun just because of the atmosphere and the stuff they have set up there, but I would much rather go to Hellfest, Party.San and Obscene Extreme before Wacken.

treghet
08-06-2012, 12:57 PM
Wacken would be fun just because of the atmosphere and the stuff they have set up there, but I would much rather go to Hellfest, Party.San and Obscene Extreme before Wacken.

God yes. Party.San this year is unfuckwithable.

brutal_descent
09-21-2012, 10:39 AM
Additions:

Rammstein :rocker:
Soilwork
Candlemass
Sonata Arctica :rocker:
Haggard
Ihsahn :rocker:
Scott Ian (spoken word)
Leprous :rocker:
ASP
Bob Wayne
Hate Squad
Eskimo Callboy
Die Kasser

christopher
09-21-2012, 10:50 AM
Scott Ian and Bob Wayne are kind of random for this...

rjturtle9
09-21-2012, 01:43 PM
Rammstein!

300%_Density
09-21-2012, 02:50 PM
Wtf is Scott Ian doing spoken word for? Will Vh1 be there?

mankvill
09-21-2012, 04:03 PM

Trying to be more like his big bro Henry, I guess

ravenheart
09-21-2012, 04:12 PM

You guys have obviously not heard about the series of spoken word gigs in London next month called 'Rockstars Say The Funniest Things' featuring Scott Ian, Duff McKagan and Chris Jericho...

mankvill
09-21-2012, 04:36 PM
You guys have obviously not heard about the series of spoken word gigs in London next month called 'Rockstars Say The Funniest Things' featuring Scott Ian, Duff McKagan and Chris Jericho...

I'd rather read a book by Scott Ian and Duff McKagan than hear them talk...

Chris Jericho would be hella interesting, though.

ravenheart
09-21-2012, 05:21 PM

Actually, I think Duff will be by far the most interesting. Although yes, he's a wonderful writer, so I'm very much looking forward to reading his book at some point.

300%_Density
09-21-2012, 06:40 PM

I think Jericho would be a very interesting listen, I've read some of Duffs stuff & he seems like he would be good. The Scott Ian thing doesn't make sense but that's just me.

mankvill
09-21-2012, 06:50 PM
I think Jericho would be a very interesting listen, I've read some of Duffs stuff & he seems like he would be good. The Scott Ian thing doesn't make sense but that's just me.

Scott Ian just loves to talk. Turn on VH1 or VH1 Classic and I guarantee that half the time, he's on there talking about something.

ravenheart
09-22-2012, 07:26 AM
Sold out.

brutal_descent
09-22-2012, 10:06 AM
Sold out.

:lol:

RampinUp46
09-23-2012, 06:46 PM
Sold out.

The festival or Scott Ian? ;)

ravenheart
09-24-2012, 07:13 AM
The festival or Scott Ian? ;)

The festival. I doubt anyone's paying Scott Ian very much at all to talk for an hour ;)

Dextrimental
09-24-2012, 08:56 AM
I'm sure those spoken word shows will be entertaining, would not mind checking out a couple if they came around my neck of the woods. That said, I'd rather Duff and Jericho, because I think they'd have a wider range of stuff to talk about and points to make, what with the addiction/monumental rise and fall of G'n'G in the beginning, and the very accomplished wrestling career.