PDA

View Full Version : Ragnarökkr Metal Apocalypse 2013

brutal_descent
08-04-2012, 08:47 PM
May 3-4, 2013 at Reggie's in Chicago

Bands confirmed:
Morbid Saint (http://youtu.be/1XbdWhrpZu0)

GarageMetal468
08-04-2012, 10:37 PM
This makes me very excited! I knew Morbid Saint would be back, there's no way they weren't impressed by the crowd last weekend.

treghet
08-04-2012, 10:52 PM
This makes me very excited! I knew Morbid Saint would be back, there's no way they weren't impressed by the crowd last weekend.

You never posted a review/set. :hmm:

metallicbrian666
08-04-2012, 11:12 PM
Probably because hes a punk bitch

sfhui
11-05-2012, 12:00 PM
https://www.facebook.com/RagnarokkrMetal

probably will make a trip from cali for this:rocker:

GarageMetal468
11-09-2012, 11:00 PM
Bonded by Blood and Fueled by Fire are on this... but more importantly, Onslaught and fucking EXUMER (first time in the U.S.) are confirmed too!!! How is this fest not getting a fuck ton of attention?!

sfhui
11-09-2012, 11:08 PM
officially going to this:tongue:
will go for Ashbury, Morbid Saint, Omen, Onslaught and Exumer:tongue:

dcmetal108
11-10-2012, 02:41 AM
Bonded by Blood and Fueled by Fire are on this... but more importantly, Onslaught and fucking EXUMER (first time in the U.S.) are confirmed too!!! How is this fest not getting a fuck ton of attention?!

Reggies is going to be so packed.

Plus aren't Bonded By Blood and Fueled By Fire on the stage that's in the restaurant.

Spiner202
11-10-2012, 04:38 AM

Exumer hasn't played the US before? Two of them live in New York and I think Mem used to live in LA.

Anyways, this is during the extremely short break between my semesters and I may be able to actually go. It also ends the day before my birthday, so maybe I can convince someone to take me :D

dcmetal108
11-10-2012, 02:05 PM
Exumer hasn't played the US before? Two of them live in New York and I think Mem used to live in LA.

Anyways, this is during the extremely short break between my semesters and I may be able to actually go. It also ends the day before my birthday, so maybe I can convince someone to take me :D

Just so everyone knows this venue is TINY. I mean like 500 people or so if that.

Onioner
11-10-2012, 02:15 PM
Onslaught will almost certainly be touring during that time. Exumer though, holy shit! And it's definitely not their first US appearance, my buddy saw them at Thrasho de Mayo in LA a few years back. I'm so psyched to see Onslaught again though, both Killing Peace and Sounds of Violence are some of the best thrash albums of the past decade and the band annihilated when I saw them last year.

Edit: Was this the festival that had Brocas Helm last year? If so, these promoters are the greatest people ever.

dcmetal108
11-10-2012, 04:41 PM
Onslaught will almost certainly be touring during that time. Exumer though, holy shit! And it's definitely not their first US appearance, my buddy saw them at Thrasho de Mayo in LA a few years back. I'm so psyched to see Onslaught again though, both Killing Peace and Sounds of Violence are some of the best thrash albums of the past decade and the band annihilated when I saw them last year.

Edit: Was this the festival that had Brocas Helm last year? If so, these promoters are the greatest people ever.

Yeah that's this fest. It was held at a different venue last year though.

kalfitegrdan
11-10-2012, 07:28 PM
Just so everyone knows this venue is TINY. I mean like 500 people or so if that.

Not to mention, the best venue in Chicagoland.

dcmetal108
11-10-2012, 07:54 PM
Not to mention, the best venue in Chicagoland.

I've only been there once :( (and that was for Anvil but I did get to go in that section above the stage and watch it!)

PVH5150
11-10-2012, 09:55 PM
My friend's band, Seax, is confirmed for this show.

GarageMetal468
11-11-2012, 05:56 AM
My friend's band, Seax, is confirmed for this show.

I saw them confirmed on the festival's facebook page, nice!

kalfitegrdan
12-17-2012, 04:07 AM
From the festival's Facebook:

The bad news is that Onslaught is out. This is because their record label, AFM Records, wants to postpone their USA tour so they can promote their (Onslaught's) new album more in Europe. Unfortunately, this means that Exumer, Bonded by Blood, and Fueled by Fire are dropping out as well since they were a part of the original Onslaught tour over here in the USA.

:(

Onioner
12-17-2012, 11:19 AM
Damn, that's a pretty big blow to the festival. But in bigger news, Onslaught were taking out Exumer on a US tour?! Damn, either the band, their management or their record label seriously knows how to assemble a tour lineup. Last year they did Onslaught, Mpire of Evil and EvilDead which was fucking awesome, this year's Onslaught and Exumer + thrash babies would have been great as well.

dcmetal108
12-17-2012, 01:44 PM
That's a huge blow to the show. Really wanted to see those bands.

mankvill
01-24-2013, 07:45 PM
http://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-snc7/399035_413336845414152_1236139096_n.jpg

The best power/thrash/speed metal band in the fucking WORLD (who also happens to be located in Kansas City) just got confirmed! :D :D :D

Sepultura69
01-24-2013, 08:02 PM

I personally thought Onslaught sounded like shit. It was to the point that I ended up leaving in the middle of their set and ended up hanging out with Mantas and Dolan for a good 25 minutes(ahahhaha good times, good times)... But hey to each his own bro. Wait, were you at the LA date or SF date???

Sepultura69
01-24-2013, 08:20 PM
Nevermind, found your review. My bad Homie G. :hecho:

Onioner
01-24-2013, 10:09 PM
Nevermind, found your review. My bad Homie G. :hecho:

All good man! I flip between both places so often that I couldn't expect you dudes to know where I'm at a given moment haha.