PDA

View Full Version : Anthrax's Charlie Benante & Wife arrested for domestic battery

anomynous
07-29-2012, 10:15 AM
Blabber article (http://www.blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=177424)

According to WSBT.com, a television station in South Bend, Indiana, ANTHRAX drummer Charlie Benante and his wife were arrested Friday (July 27) for domestic battery in front of a child.

Arrest records indicate the pair were picked up at the Hilton Garden Inn in Elkhart, Indiana, and both were released from Elkhart County Jail on Saturday (July 28).

For more details, visit the web site of the Elkhart County Sheriff's Department.

Benante and his wife Sandra had their first child, Mia Charley Benante, in 2006.

I suppose he's out for the whole Mayhem tour.

What a random act of senseless violence. Charlie, beats the wife, the wife he beats. We can all be thankful they kept it in the family, at least.

Looks like someone's heading to the Madhouse soon, after getting Metal Thrashing Mad at his Medusa of a wife (apparently). His wife got caught in a mosh, outside of their safe home. Looks like they were fighting till they can't, then the cops showed up.

I'm done now.

BloodoftheKings
07-29-2012, 10:20 AM
I suppose he's out for the whole Mayhem tour.

He's already out of jail.

anomynous
07-29-2012, 10:22 AM
But he's already missed 3/4 of the tour.

ravenheart
07-29-2012, 10:22 AM
What a random act of senseless violence. Charlie, beats the wife, the wife he beats. We can all be thankful they kept it in the family, at least.

Looks like someone's heading to the Madhouse soon, after getting Metal Thrashing Mad at his Medusa of a wife (apparently). His wife got caught in a mosh, outside of their safe home. Looks like they were fighting till they can't, then the cops showed up.

Awful. Just awful.

anomynous
07-29-2012, 10:29 AM
I'm aware.

WOLVERINEKILLS
07-29-2012, 10:41 AM
He is out with a hand injury. My sources tell me his wife has a hard head.

treghet
07-29-2012, 10:45 AM
He is out with a hand injury. My sources tell me his wife has a hard head.

Well it'd be weird if she had a squishy one.

Nickweiser
07-29-2012, 11:59 AM
judgin by the mugshots it looks like Charlie was the one getting beaten.

TonyD
07-29-2012, 01:00 PM
Some weird shit been happening lately...

DisposableJustice
07-29-2012, 01:23 PM
I was half expecting for it say while visiting the Czech Republic:eyes:

but on serious note, dumbass move

WOLVERINEKILLS
07-29-2012, 02:19 PM
I was half expecting for it say while visiting the Czech Republic:eyes:

but on serious note, dumbass move

Lol @ Czech Republic

Yeah that was a dumbass move.

anomynous
07-29-2012, 03:08 PM
I thought it was going to be too :allan:

300%_Density
07-29-2012, 03:20 PM
Guess there really isn't that much to do in Indiana.

Dissimulate
07-29-2012, 03:25 PM
SMASHING THROUGH THE BOUNDARIES
LUNACY HAS FOUND ME
CANNOT STOP THE BATTERY

POUNDING OUT AGGRESSION
TURNS INTO OBSESSION
CANNOT KILL THE BATTERY

CANNOT KILL THE FAMILY
BATTERY IS FOUND IN ME
BA-TTE-RY

Natrlhi
07-29-2012, 08:44 PM
Guess there really isn't that much to do in Indiana.This is the only post in this thread that got even the slightest reaction out of me. I smirked when I read this, because I used to live in Indiana for two years, and you likely have no idea how fucking right you are about this. Elkhart in particular is an armpit in the middle of a big fucking cornfield.

As far as the quoted article and incident, why is anybody surprised in the least? This isn't even news, really. Many artists are fucked up people, and fucked up people tend to attract other fucked up people as mates. Fucked up people sometimes do fucked up shit like get drunk and hit each other. Sometimes, unfortunately, it happens in front of a child. Sad, but not at all surprising.

anomynous
07-29-2012, 08:59 PM
Charlie seemed to be the most "normal" member of the band too.

Onioner
07-29-2012, 09:55 PM
This all seems a little weird. Charlie has a bandage on his head and blood on his shirt while his wife looks totally fine in the mugshots. This is a really minor thing, but I really don't think he would have wanted to get his kid involved if he could help it. When I met him a few months back he was crazy nice and was happy to answer my nerdy Anthrax questions and kept calling me and the other kid I was with "heavy metal's future." That and the Lady Gaga anecdote on the BM page is giving me an image of a guy that really loves seeing kids have fun (I've never seen anyone involve kids with a show the way that he did at the Metal Masters Clinic). I honestly think that his wife might have just flipped out or something. Who knows though, Nat could be right and he could just be crazy- I guess we'll find out soon enough.

dcmetal108
07-29-2012, 10:03 PM
This all seems a little weird. Charlie has a bandage on his head and blood on his shirt while his wife looks totally fine in the mugshots. This is a really minor thing, but I really don't think he would have wanted to get his kid involved if he could help it. When I met him a few months back he was crazy nice and was happy to answer my nerdy Anthrax questions and kept calling me and the other kid I was with "heavy metal's future." That and the Lady Gaga anecdote on the BM page is giving me an image of a guy that really loves seeing kids have fun (I've never seen anyone involve kids with a show the way that he did at the Metal Masters Clinic). I honestly think that his wife might have just flipped out or something. Who knows though, Nat could be right and he could just be crazy- I guess we'll find out soon enough.

This. When I met him he was more than happy to talk , sign stuff, and take pictures.

Onioner
07-30-2012, 10:31 PM
http://www.blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=177491

Well this is an interesting side to this story, it explains the bandage and blood on Charlie. Still too early to really have a concrete opinion, but if this is true then Charlie really played it smart by not retaliating.

Blitzkrieg Witchcraft
07-30-2012, 11:16 PM
If only he hadn't taken things out on his wife.

elturtleboy
07-31-2012, 01:19 AM
Was he tired of being Pussywhipped? Or did his wife have pre menstrual princess blues?
Either way there might be a Ballad of Charlie's Marriage.

rjturtle9
07-31-2012, 01:27 AM
Was he tired of being Pussywhipped? Or did his wife have pre menstrual princess blues?
Either way there might be a Ballad of Charlie's Marriage.

:eek:

That was amazing!

elturtleboy
07-31-2012, 11:30 AM
:eek:

That was amazing!

SOD puns> Anthrax puns

Blitzkrieg Witchcraft
07-31-2012, 12:25 PM
SOD puns> Anthrax puns

I thought mine was pretty good. Even worked in the John Bush era. :hecho:

Natrlhi
07-31-2012, 01:49 PM
This all seems a little weird. Charlie has a bandage on his head and blood on his shirt while his wife looks totally fine in the mugshots. This is a really minor thing, but I really don't think he would have wanted to get his kid involved if he could help it. When I met him a few months back he was crazy nice and was happy to answer my nerdy Anthrax questions and kept calling me and the other kid I was with "heavy metal's future." That and the Lady Gaga anecdote on the BM page is giving me an image of a guy that really loves seeing kids have fun (I've never seen anyone involve kids with a show the way that he did at the Metal Masters Clinic). I honestly think that his wife might have just flipped out or something. Who knows though, Nat could be right and he could just be crazy- I guess we'll find out soon enough.:lol: I don't remember implying he was crazy - only that at least one of them is a fucked up person. Looks like she might be the one - but who knows. All I was really saying was that dysfunction is everywhere, especially in the music biz, and that Elkhart, IN is an armpit in the middle of hillbilly hell.