PDA

View Full Version : Deep Purple tribute record - featuring Maiden, Metallica, etc

IrritatedTrout
07-23-2012, 07:34 AM
http://www.blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=177128

What I'm excited for is the fact that Maiden are finally releasing Space Truckin' after recording it in 2006. Now if only they'd release Tush and Angel of Death from those sessions.:D

ravenheart
07-23-2012, 11:38 AM
I love everything about this except Flaming Lips doing Smoke (doubly redundant seeing as Santana are doing it too).

Oh, and the price. Classic Rock fan packs are always 15. At least when Metal Hammer and Kerrang do their exclusive tribute albums, they're free with a standard-priced issue of the magazine.

However, since the Hughes/Vai track at the end is exclusive to the Classic Rock edition, that suggests that there'll be a standard commercial version as well.

mankvill
07-23-2012, 11:55 AM
I love everything about this except Flaming Lips doing Smoke (doubly redundant seeing as Santana are doing it too).

Oh, and the price. Classic Rock fan packs are always 15. At least when Metal Hammer and Kerrang do their exclusive tribute albums, they're free with a standard-priced issue of the magazine.

However, since the Hughes/Vai track at the end is exclusive to the Classic Rock edition, that suggests that there'll be a standard commercial version as well.

Psh, Da Lypzzz are gonna make that song into their own creation.

Travis The Dragon
07-23-2012, 01:34 PM
It'll be great to finally hear Maiden's version!