PDA

View Full Version : Dream Theater -- Huntington, NY -- July 19th, 2012

cristianrock
07-20-2012, 07:20 AM
Venue: The Paramount

I saw during yesterday a few pictures before the show, John Myung and Tony Levin playing together in the soundcheck.

Intro: Dream Is Collapsing (Hans Zimmer)
--------------------------------------------
Bridges in the Sky
6:00
The Dark Eternal Night
This is the Life
Paradigm Shift (Liquid Tension Experiment cover) (with Tony Levin) :rocker:
Lost Not Forgotten
To Live Forever :eek:
Surrounded
On the Backs of Angels
War Inside My Head
The Test that Stumped Them All
The Spirit Carries On
Breaking All Illusions
-----------------------------------
21st Century Schizoid Man (King Crimson cover) (with The Crimson Projekct)

Damn, I would love to see that show

300%_Density
07-20-2012, 07:59 AM
Son of a bitch.... :mad:

MPF
07-20-2012, 12:10 PM
NOT FUCKING FAIR!!!!

Sanitarium78
07-20-2012, 03:57 PM
As someone who's been listening to Dream Theater since Images & Words, I only have one question, what the fuck is "To Live Forever?"

treghet
07-20-2012, 04:05 PM
As someone who's been listening to Dream Theater since Images & Words, I only have one question, what the fuck is "To Live Forever?"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fIrSeHoLVAg

MPF
07-20-2012, 04:29 PM

I'm kinda surprised you wouldn't know that one then. To Live Forever is a Bside from the WDADU/I&W era, and easily my favorite DT B-Side

Sanitarium78
07-20-2012, 04:36 PM
I'm kinda surprised you wouldn't know that one then. To Live Forever is a Bside from the WDADU/I&W era, and easily my favorite DT B-Side

There really isn't any reason for me to know it though. I never pay attetion to b-sides at all.

MPF
07-20-2012, 04:47 PM
There really isn't any reason for me to know it though. I never pay attetion to b-sides at all.

Well, that and they've played it live a lot. Just thought it was more well known.

Maiden33
07-20-2012, 11:30 PM
Well, that and they've played it live a lot. Just thought it was more well known.

And it's on Images and Words: Live in Tokyo. It's definitely more well known than your average B-side since it's been on so many CDs and stuff over the years. It's almost like the equivalent to Maiden's Total Eclipse.

Maidenmagic
07-22-2012, 05:53 AM
To live Forever is an amazing song. Would have loved to hear Paradigm Shift and 21st century Schizoid man.