PDA

View Full Version : ODD FUTURE "Camp Flog Gnaw" tour 2012

jd091
07-18-2012, 04:27 PM
"In their new press release, Odd Future has announced that they will be hitting the road on their upcoming Camp Flog Gnaw Tour. This tour kicks off on August 31st in Norfolk, Virginia, and concluding with a show and carnival on September 30th in Los Angeles. Full tour dates are below."

http://illroots.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/tumblr_m7cr0nnnFw1qb8q0zo2_1280-747x919.jpg

http://illroots.com/2012/07/18/odd-future-announces-camp-flog-gnaw-tour/

Gotta get dem tickets the second they go on sale, buy a bunch, scalp a few for a fine profit. Or is OFWGKTA old news now? :lol:

mankvill
07-18-2012, 04:44 PM
One of the craziest shows I've ever been to.

WHERE'S THE TRASHWANG TOUR?!

dcmetal108
07-18-2012, 04:45 PM
I'll be there.

jd091
07-18-2012, 04:51 PM

holy fuck if Trash Talk is on this... and they aren't revealing it yet...

elturtleboy
07-18-2012, 04:52 PM

I'm hoping TT opens up. How much were tix when u saw em BTW?

brutal_descent
07-18-2012, 04:52 PM
They're old news now (or at least no longer the biggest thing) but I still dig Hodgy, Earl, and Tyler's material. Anyone who doesn't like them anymore who used to last year is a trend-hopping asshole.

elturtleboy
07-18-2012, 04:55 PM
They're old news now (or at least no longer the biggest thing) but I still dig Hodgy, Earl, and Tyler's material. Anyone who doesn't like them anymore who used to last year is a trend-hopping asshole.

What if you just got into em?

llama lom
07-18-2012, 04:56 PM
I can actually go to this show, as opposed to last year. Let's hope I have dough when tickets go on sale.

brutal_descent
07-18-2012, 04:59 PM
What if you just got into em?

...then you just got into them. There's nothing wrong with that.

street_burial
07-18-2012, 05:00 PM
I'll be in Philly the same day they are. If I knew what time they played and had the extra cash I'd go.

dcmetal108
07-18-2012, 05:24 PM
I wonder where this will be at? I wanna guess the Metro maybe but idk for sure.

jd091
07-18-2012, 06:03 PM
I wonder where this will be at? I wanna guess the Metro maybe but idk for sure.

Probably.

ShatteredFlame
07-18-2012, 06:04 PM
Fuck yes a CT date!

dcmetal108
07-18-2012, 06:50 PM
Probably.

I'll buy a ticket the second they on sale

BloodoftheKings
07-18-2012, 09:09 PM

I still enjoy some of Earl and Tyler's stuff (never cared for Hodgy) but I don't really consider myself an OF fan anymore. It's not because i'm a trend hopping asshole, it's because the novelty of OF really wore off after a while. I think Tyler and Earl are talented rappers with a lot of potential but most of the recent stuff just does nothing for me.

slapguitarer
07-18-2012, 09:11 PM
The only OF artist I like is Earl. I do like some of Tyler's stuff, but not really his albums as a whole. Earl is an awesome album though.

BloodoftheKings
07-18-2012, 09:16 PM
The only OF artist I like is Earl. I do like some of Tyler's stuff, but not really his albums as a whole. Earl is an awesome album though.

This. Earl is the only OF release I enjoy from beginning to end. The problem with Tyler's albums is that they'll only have about 3-5 good songs and the rest is filler.

MPF
07-18-2012, 11:43 PM
Thank the fucking lord this isn't coming anywhere near me.

XDoomsayerX
07-18-2012, 11:50 PM
Doesn't this group sound like shit live?

Rap concerts are kinda boring. And I swear they don't do full song lengths,well at least not Immortal Technique.

brutal_descent
07-19-2012, 12:18 AM
Rap concerts are kinda boring.

:lol: You have obviously never been to a good rap concert. Every rap show I've gone to has been hella fun.

christopher
07-19-2012, 12:30 AM
And I swear they don't do full song lengths,well at least not Immortal Technique.

I fucking hate when rappers do that. Everytime I see Dead Prez, I hope they're going to play Hell Yeah all the way through, but only do the first few verses. If you look at an Eminem setlist, its like 35 songs, but its only a few verses for most of the songs. I also hate how at rap show that there is a need to have 50 people on stage during the set haha

NickLed19
07-19-2012, 01:53 AM
Earl is great, the other ones...no.

mastodon421
07-19-2012, 04:45 AM
Doesn't this group sound like shit live?

Rap concerts are kinda boring. And I swear they don't do full song lengths,well at least not Immortal Technique.

Odd Future is a great fucking time live (Only rap concert I've ever been too actually). Some songs they don't do in full, but probably about 75% of the songs they did do in full. They run their shows like metal shows and they have a shitload of energy. Don't miss them if you get the chance to see them.

jd091
07-19-2012, 07:48 AM
Odd Future is a great fucking time live (Only rap concert I've ever been too actually). Some songs they don't do in full, but probably about 75% of the songs they did do in full. They run their shows like metal shows and they have a shitload of energy. Don't miss them if you get the chance to see them.

Had a bunch of friends who saw them last year and heard about how crazy it was. Like, stagediving and stuff.

I don't think this will sell out quite as quick as before (maybe I'm wrong), but I still expect it to be fun.

XDoomsayerX
07-19-2012, 07:49 AM

No I meant they sound bad live no that they aint fun. I like stuff I've heard from them. And to brutal, hella, really? And I guess I haven't gone to a fun one yet but I mainly listen to stuff like Eyedea, Grieves, idk they're music doesn't seem like it would be like a "metal" show. What artists that ya'll recommend?

ShatteredFlame
07-19-2012, 08:08 AM
Eyedea (RIP) and Grieves are both fantastic rappers. i recommened P.O.S (or the whole Doomtree crew) and Astronautalis, my two favorite rappers of today and they're both great live, especially Astronautalis who is probably the best live act when it comes to freestyles.

Sepultura69
07-19-2012, 10:32 AM
I'm surprised that there are actually members on this board that have heard of, let alone KNOW who Eyedea is. Eyedea was one of the greatest lyricists of all time, deep, complex, and very philosophical. I was fortunate enough to see Eyedea and Abilities perform nine months before he passed away.

ShatteredFlame
07-19-2012, 10:43 AM
I always heard of Eyedea through a couple of friends but didn't actually listen to him until he died. Still, I'm a casual listener. I listen to Many Faces and By the Throat once in awhile and every time I do I always say to myself that i should really be listening to him more often since those are great albums but I never do so. One day I really have to go on an Eyedea binge.

slapguitarer
07-19-2012, 10:57 AM
And to brutal, hella, really?

What you got against the word "hella", son?

brutal_descent
07-19-2012, 11:07 AM
What you got against the word "hella", son?

He's from SoCal, it's a lost cause ;)

Sepultura69
07-19-2012, 11:18 AM
I always heard of Eyedea through a couple of friends but didn't actually listen to him until he died. Still, I'm a casual listener. I listen to Many Faces and By the Throat once in awhile and every time I do I always say to myself that i should really be listening to him more often since those are great albums but I never do so. One day I really have to go on an Eyedea binge.

Dude, you gotta check out "First Born" by Eyedea and Abilities. It's hands down, the Greatest Rap CD to come out in the last twelve years. Hell, I'll go as far as to say it's the greatest hip hop album of the last decade. I have never heard an album quite like this one, and trust me, I'm a big hip hop nerd. You will not find any hip hop CD as complex, philosophical, deep, poetic and down right amazing as this album back when it came out in early 2000. Nothing in 2001, 2002, 2003, and so fourth even comes close to touching this masterpiece, everything that was being released in hip hop during the last twelve years is fucking shit compared to this modern masterpiece.. This album is a pure work of art, filled with some of the most beautifully laced beats with some of the most complex, mind inducing lyricism ever put on a rap CD. I will just say it....There are stuff on this CD that will actually make you THINK, and blow you away, and keep you thinking while you are trying to pick apart the stuff that Eyedea is saying... Also, if it helps shatter flames....It also happens to be on my top 50 hip hop list, It hasn't appeared yet, but it will eventually ;)

Sorry for the lame-plug in. But shattered, definitely check out First Born By Eyedea and Abilties, it's godly. Everything they made after is "meh" to me, :hmm:

ShatteredFlame
07-19-2012, 11:37 AM
Alright I'll get on that album asap, thanks for the recommendation.

kalfitegrdan
07-19-2012, 03:47 PM
Dude, fuck yeah, Eyedea is great. Glass and Spin Cycle might be two of my favorite hip-hop songs ever. I really need to listen to First Born again. I don't really remember anything from it. :eyes: