PDA

View Full Version : Dark Knight Rises

JRA
07-18-2012, 10:20 AM
In light of recent events, I'm just gonna leave this here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JIT-SYVPV8s

BloodoftheKings
07-18-2012, 10:25 AM
Rush Limbaugh is a fucking moron. I can't wait for that guy to die.

JRA
07-18-2012, 07:13 PM
You know I haven't read all of the behind the scenes/interviews on DKR, but I heard that Heath Ledger dying really fucked over Nolan's plan for the third movie, as it was supposed to feature "the final confrontation" between Batman & The Joker as it would never happen in the comics.

Also, am I the only person who thinks that whatever story they've given for Joseph Gordon Levitt for the movie is a complete red herring and he's actually going to be the Joker? I mean he does look a lot like Heath Ledger after all...

TonyD
07-18-2012, 08:58 PM
You know I haven't read all of the behind the scenes/interviews on DKR, but I heard that Heath Ledger dying really fucked over Nolan's plan for the third movie, as it was supposed to feature "the final confrontation" between Batman & The Joker as it would never happen in the comics.

Also, am I the only person who thinks that whatever story they've given for Joseph Gordon Levitt for the movie is a complete red herring and he's actually going to be the Joker? I mean he does look a lot like Heath Ledger after all...

Damn that would've been interesting.
And no, I feel like Gordon Levitt is only in there because Christopher Nolan has a boner for him.

XDoomsayerX
07-18-2012, 09:50 PM
Damn that would've been interesting.
And no, I feel like Gordon Levitt is only in there because Christopher Nolan has a boner for him.

Who doesn't?

christopher
07-18-2012, 11:02 PM
I can't wait to see it tomorrow in Imax! I have tickets for the 330am show. :D

XDoomsayerX
07-19-2012, 06:54 AM
I can't wait to see it tomorrow in Imax! I have tickets for the 330am show. :D

DUDE me too! Haha

JRA
07-19-2012, 02:09 PM
You know, by having this story take place 8 years after the ending of the Dark Knight, and Bruce Wayne being retired as Batman, Nolan really shot himself in the balls. The only semblance of why the ending of the Dark Knight worked was because it gave off a "to be continued" vibe, which really pissed the audience off not because, it wasn't good writing, but because the audience is left with questions unanswered. They will easily pay money to see how the hell Batman is gonna get out of this one, Or rather, how is Bruce Wayne going to be able to deal with his inner demons of wanting to help people even though he made himself a cop killer? More or less the same way Empire Strikes Back didn't quite resolve everything at once.

Well, by right off the bat by saying "yea he makes it home and convinces himself to stop being Batman for many years," what fucking motivation do I have to see this movie? As far as I'm concerned the story pretty much ends right there. Batman makes the ultimate sacrifice, Joker is captured, the legacy of Harvey Dent lives on and everyone lives happily ever after!

powerslave_85
07-19-2012, 02:59 PM
I also wonder if he only killed off Dent because he thought he was going to still have Ledger/the Joker around for the next one. I still think he could have done more with Two Face.

Still unbelievably stoked to see this, though. I've got a ticket for 9:40 tomorrow night :metal:

JRA
07-19-2012, 03:30 PM
As far as I'm concerned he never became Two-Face. Two-Face is a comic book gimmicky character that makes the assholes in the academy cringe because they've forgotten how to be young, and has a split style suit and commits crimes based on twos. What we saw in the film was Harvey Dent with an axe to grind and a flesh-wound.

BloodoftheKings
07-20-2012, 12:32 AM
While i'm sure the movie is good are they pumping hallucinogenic drugs into the air of the movie theaters or something? Everyone on facebook who went to the midnight premiere is saying it was the best one by far. I know that's not true at all.

mankvill
07-20-2012, 12:58 AM
apparently at the midnight showing in colorado, a masked gunman set off tear gas and killed at least 10 people and wounded 30 - 40 more.

Holy fuck dude

treghet
07-20-2012, 01:25 AM
This is insane. I'm going to be following this for more updates. Here's an article for now: http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2012/07/20/batman-dark-knight-rises-shooting-deaths-reported-at-midnight-film-premiere-near-denver_n_1688464.html

mankvill
07-20-2012, 01:40 AM
You should take this with a grain of salt, but there are lots of eyewitnesses supposedly commenting on multiple reddit threads saying that there were definitely at least two gunmen

christopher
07-20-2012, 01:42 AM
This is insane. I'm going to be following this for more updates. Here's an article for now: http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2012/07/20/batman-dark-knight-rises-shooting-deaths-reported-at-midnight-film-premiere-near-denver_n_1688464.html

Goddamn, glad I wasnt there!

treghet
07-20-2012, 01:45 AM
Goddamn, glad I wasnt there!

I'd be sad if you died. Then we couldn't hangout at shows. :(

NickLed19
07-20-2012, 01:50 AM
Killed 14 as of right now.

mankvill
07-20-2012, 02:09 AM
oh my fucking god, my buddy is from Aurora and moved back there recently, but he's on his way to Wisconsin now to play in a metal fest. Jesus christ

ravenheart
07-20-2012, 02:29 AM
One arrest has been made, apparently. And SWAT are searching an apartment building for bombs.

kalfitegrdan
07-20-2012, 02:32 AM
I'm sorry, but who the fuck brings a baby to a midnight showing?

That aside...this really fucked up...

kalfitegrdan
07-20-2012, 04:48 AM
Killed 14 as of right now.

Apparently it's down to twelve right now.

mastodon421
07-20-2012, 06:18 AM
apparently at the midnight showing in colorado, a masked gunman set off tear gas and killed at least 10 people and wounded 30 - 40 more.

Holy fuck dude

That story is so fucked up. My condolences go out to the victims and their families.

mastodon421
07-20-2012, 06:20 AM
While i'm sure the movie is good are they pumping hallucinogenic drugs into the air of the movie theaters or something? Everyone on facebook who went to the midnight premiere is saying it was the best one by far. I know that's not true at all.

Same here. I'm trying to not buy into the hype because I did for The Dark Knight and I ended not liking it nearly as much because of it (Although it is still a fantastic movie).

DisposableJustice
07-20-2012, 07:24 AM
Goddamn I can't believe the news; that theater is only 15-20 minutes away from where I live

reports from the Denver Post say some people in the theater thought the smoke screen this motherfucker used was part of the movie

I'm fucking sick to my stomach right now:bouville:

masterguy49
07-20-2012, 11:25 AM
Goddamn I can't believe the news; that theater is only 15-20 minutes away from where I live

reports from the Denver Post say some people in the theater thought the smoke screen this motherfucker used was part of the movie

I'm fucking sick to my stomach right now:bouville:

Dude, that sucks so hard. I hope no one you knew was there.

That's fucked up so much.

Also the movie wasn't better than the last one. Still awesome though.

BloodoftheKings
07-20-2012, 11:38 AM
It may seem too soon to be talking about this but is anyone else worried that next year we're gonna be getting full body pat downs just to see a movie?

mastodon421
07-20-2012, 11:44 AM
It may seem too soon to be talking about this but is anyone else worried that next year we're gonna be getting full body pat downs just to see a movie?

Yes actually. AMC is apparently amping up security for all of TDKR's showings this weekend and I wouldn't be surprised if that is a continuing trend.

masterguy49
07-20-2012, 12:24 PM
Dammit, how will I sneak snacks and shit into the movies now? I wouldn't mind them getting a metal detector or what not so they'd just check for guns and knives.
But I don't know, you don't see schools doing that after all the school shootings.

BloodoftheKings
07-20-2012, 12:34 PM
Dammit, how will I sneak snacks and shit into the movies now? I wouldn't mind them getting a metal detector or what not so they'd just check for guns and knives.
But I don't know, you don't see schools doing that after all the school shootings.

The ghetto school by me has metal detectors.

masterguy49
07-20-2012, 12:40 PM
The ghetto school by me has metal detectors.

Really? I havent seen any of that in any school nearby.

mastodon421
07-20-2012, 12:43 PM
There's a few schools in my area that have metal detectors, but those are only in cities where they have bad gang problems. I really don't what they are going for long-term security and what not in the aftermath of this. Two of my friends work at the AMC near my house so I'll ask them what's up once they get out of work tonight.

Sepultura69
07-20-2012, 01:42 PM
"One witness said the gunman had been "slowly making his way up the stairs and just firing - picking random people". At least one person in an adjacent auditorium was injured when a bullet went through the wall, police said."

"Another eyewitness, identified only as Pam, told the BBC: "He fired a canister into the air. It shot it right into the air, then I started to hear the bang, bang, bang of a gun. I crawled my way through the row. Luckily the exit was close to where I was sitting so I got out pretty fast. I heard more shots as I left."

Another eyewitness, Salina Jordan, 19, told the Denver Post she had seen one girl shot in the cheek, and a girl who appeared to be about nine years old with a gunshot wound to the stomach."

Holy shit!!! This sounds unreal :eek:

dcmetal108
07-20-2012, 02:08 PM
"One witness said the gunman had been "slowly making his way up the stairs and just firing - picking random people". At least one person in an adjacent auditorium was injured when a bullet went through the wall, police said."

"Another eyewitness, identified only as Pam, told the BBC: "He fired a canister into the air. It shot it right into the air, then I started to hear the bang, bang, bang of a gun. I crawled my way through the row. Luckily the exit was close to where I was sitting so I got out pretty fast. I heard more shots as I left."

Another eyewitness, Salina Jordan, 19, told the Denver Post she had seen one girl shot in the cheek, and a girl who appeared to be about nine years old with a gunshot wound to the stomach."

Holy shit!!! This sounds unreal :eek:

That's what happens when someone doesn't get their midnight ticket.

In all reality though this is a horrible tragedy and my heart goes out to the victims.

kalfitegrdan
07-20-2012, 02:38 PM

I was thinking the same thing.

TonyD
07-20-2012, 04:23 PM
The whole situation is terrible, but at least it's isolated. After seeing Dark Knight I had a feeling some disgruntled kid would try to re-enact some Joker bullshit. And now they're ramping up security and taking precautions after the fact.
You know, by having this story take place 8 years after the ending of the Dark Knight, and Bruce Wayne being retired as Batman, Nolan really shot himself in the balls. The only semblance of why the ending of the Dark Knight worked was because it gave off a "to be continued" vibe, which really pissed the audience off not because, it wasn't good writing, but because the audience is left with questions unanswered. They will easily pay money to see how the hell Batman is gonna get out of this one, Or rather, how is Bruce Wayne going to be able to deal with his inner demons of wanting to help people even though he made himself a cop killer? More or less the same way Empire Strikes Back didn't quite resolve everything at once.

Well, by right off the bat by saying "yea he makes it home and convinces himself to stop being Batman for many years," what fucking motivation do I have to see this movie? As far as I'm concerned the story pretty much ends right there. Batman makes the ultimate sacrifice, Joker is captured, the legacy of Harvey Dent lives on and everyone lives happily ever after!
I can't disagree more. What did you wanna see?
As far as I'm concerned he never became Two-Face. Two-Face is a comic book gimmicky character that makes the assholes in the academy cringe because they've forgotten how to be young, and has a split style suit and commits crimes based on twos. What we saw in the film was Harvey Dent with an axe to grind and a flesh-wound.
The same thing was done with Catwoman. I like it that way because it felt way more plausible, even though it's just a movie and all. It makes the situations easier to connect to and feel much more intense because you couldn't just write it off in the back of your mind as a silly superhero movie.
I'm really happy with the movie. For The Dark Knight, I went into the theater not knowing what to expect and was blown away. With that, I was excited to see this movie but wasn't going in thinking anything less than The Dark Knight would be a failure. The movie was awesome and I felt satisfied with the way it fit in the trilogy and did justice to the story.
But that's just like, my opinion man.

christopher
07-20-2012, 04:27 PM
I had to leave cause my friend had to get to work, but was there an after credit scene?

TonyD
07-20-2012, 04:44 PM
Nope

christopher
07-20-2012, 04:54 PM
Nope

Thanks

XDoomsayerX
07-20-2012, 06:20 PM
Thanks

Shooting is beyond say and disturbing. Such a sad day.

In terms of the movie it was great. Not sure if I'd say it's better Then Dark Knight though. Bane is one bad mofo!

christopher
07-20-2012, 06:24 PM
Shooting is beyond say and disturbing. Such a sad day.

In terms of the movie it was great. Not sure if I'd say it's better Then Dark Knight though. Bane is one bad mofo!

That movie was one of the best movies I've seen in a while. It kept my attention despite what time of day it was and me almost falling asleep before the movie started. It was so morbid and I loved every second of it.

masterguy49
07-20-2012, 07:44 PM
I feel like my comic book nerdyness makes my opinion on the movie bias cause seeing some of my favorite moments and characters on screen just makes it so hard for me not to love it.

BloodoftheKings
07-20-2012, 07:47 PM
Chris Nolan on the tragedy in Aurora.

"Speaking on behalf of the cast and crew of The Dark Knight Rises, I would like to express our profound sorrow at the senseless tragedy that has befallen the entire Aurora community. I would not presume to know anything about the victims of the shooting but that they were there last night to watch a movie. I believe movies are one of the great American art forms and the shared experience of watching a story unfold on screen is an important and joyful pastime. The movie theatre is my home, and the idea that someone would violate that innocent and hopeful place in such an unbearably savage way is devastating to me. Nothing any of us can say could ever adequately express our feelings for the innocent victims of this appalling crime, but our thoughts are with them and their families."

powerslave_85
07-20-2012, 09:18 PM
I thought it was excellent, but not QUITE as good as The Dark Knight. The pacing feels really off in some places, but everyone puts in great performances (especially Michael Caine; this is his best movie of the three). And Anne Hathaway KILLS as Selina Kyle. Both her and the writers did a superb job with the character.

JRA
07-20-2012, 09:31 PM
Is James Gordon given a lot to do? Honestly he's my favorite character in the whole series.

MPF
07-20-2012, 09:31 PM
Fuck it, I'll say it, This was the best one of the 3!

Why? Because it has everything you'd want and more. It doesn't get boring or slow, it keeps right along for almost 3 hours. Bane and the Joker were always my two favorite Batman Villains, and I gotta say Bane (Despite sounding like Sean "That's not what your mother said last night!" Connery at times through his mask, is the darkest motherfucker in the whole trilogy. To me when it comes to comic book/superhero movies, it's eiethr gotta be Adam West campy, or dark as fuck, no in between. The Dark Knight Rises is Dark as FUCK! and I wouldn't want it any other way.

*I would go more into detail, but since there is no Spoiler warning, I'll have someone else ruin it here, but JRA, yes Commissoner Gordon has one of the major parts this time around.*

powerslave_85
07-20-2012, 09:37 PM
I loved Bane's voice. It was so weird. And man, there were a few scenes where he was just completely terrifying.

MPF
07-20-2012, 09:44 PM
I loved Bane's voice. It was so weird. And man, there were a few scenes where he was just completely terrifying.

I rarely say this because no horror or thrill movie has ever done that to me. But I did feel trembles during TDKR. That is saying a lot from me.

TonyD
07-21-2012, 12:06 AM
In the beginning of the movie Banes voice really bothered me. I don't know if it actually got better or I got used to it, but it just really sucked. You could totally tell it was overdubbed too.

Dextrimental
07-21-2012, 03:28 PM
Incredible, in my opinion. Only time will tell if I hold the trilogy as a whole in as high regards, but that was a great slice of cinema. It's incredibly tough to make an almost 3 hour long movie that captivating, but Nolan did it, and did it incredibly well. My Joseph Gordon Levitt prediction came through, which I was somewhat happy about, and the whole film was just a perfect package. Not a single stand out performance in my opinion, they all gelled together perfectly, if I was forced to pick, it would be Bane or Selina Ward, but as I said, EVERYONE was on their A-game.

DisposableJustice
07-21-2012, 08:16 PM
Loved it I agree with some others here that is very hard to keep a good pace for a 3 hour movie but TDKR did it. Bane was scary as fuck and I did not see the twist of the real mastermind at the end. I will say I like the Dark Knight a little more

bonus points for including Johnathan Cane :party:

illuminatus917
07-21-2012, 08:41 PM
I had no clue this film was going to draw so many parallels to the French Revolution. Alfred quoting A Tale of Two Cities there at the end... :drool:
This film was the most ambitious of the trilogy, and second best next to BB.

metallicbrian666
07-21-2012, 09:05 PM
In the beginning of the movie Banes voice really bothered me. I don't know if it actually got better or I got used to it, but it just really sucked. You could totally tell it was overdubbed too.
I think it got better, At the beginning there were parts that didn't even sound like he was wearing a mask, way too cheery too

powerslave_85
07-21-2012, 09:09 PM
Too cheery? That's what I liked about it. I don't know how many people here watch Sherlock, but Moriarty has bizarre, sing-songy voice/speech pattern and it makes him realllllly creepy and menacing. Bane reminded me of that a bit.

XDoomsayerX
07-21-2012, 10:00 PM
Saw it again and damn what a great movie. Biggest issue I have is the no set time frame and "shit kinda just happening". Like it goes from days to months to just hours passing by.

mastodon421
07-22-2012, 08:46 AM
Saw it last night and I loved it. I think it's easily the best of the 3. The acting, action, pacing, and script have never better. The acting was great across the board, but Michael Caine, Joesph Gordon-Levitt, and Anne Hathaway mightily impress. My only complaint was the horrible overdub on Bane's voice. He sounded like the Cobra Commander in G.I Joe: Rise of the Cobra and it took away from menacing the character was.

MetalMarkLI
07-22-2012, 09:22 AM
I couldn't understand a damn thing Bane said!! I thought that Anne Hatheway was fantastic. Movie felt a little slow but certainly was a great movie. I still think The Dark Knight was far and away better.

BloodoftheKings
07-22-2012, 07:06 PM
Just got back from seeing it and I thought it was great. People who are saying it's the best of the trilogy need to relax though, it was not as good as The Dark Knight. The acting was great across the board. I'm gonna have to agree with everyone about Bane's voice. The overdubs really took me out of it at first but it got better.

elturtleboy
07-22-2012, 09:03 PM
So fuckin good. Bummed me all the villains returned except Joker :/.Only thing that I didn't like was how Bane got off the movie.....

makethemsuffer12
07-22-2012, 10:35 PM
So fuckin good. Bummed me all the villains returned except Joker :/

Well that reason is pretty obvious...

TonyD
07-22-2012, 10:54 PM
You mean the guy who was Scarecrow and kinda sorta Ra's?

elturtleboy
07-23-2012, 02:05 PM
Well that reason is pretty obvious...

They could've hinted him somehow. Plus they replaced Rachel like nothing.

BloodoftheKings
07-23-2012, 02:28 PM
They could've hinted him somehow. Plus they replaced Rachel like nothing.

Nolan said they wouldn't even reference the Joker out of respect for Heath. I wouldn't say Rachel was replaced like nothing cause it took place 8 years after The Dark Knight so Bruce had some time to get over her death.

powerslave_85
07-23-2012, 02:32 PM
I think he meant they replaced Katie Holmes with Maggie Gyllenhaal.

BloodoftheKings
07-23-2012, 02:34 PM
I think he meant they replaced Katie Holmes with Maggie Gyllenhaal.

Oh yeah. Well Heath is much harder to replace. If they tried to have someone else emulate Ledger's performance it would have came off as insulting.

elturtleboy
07-23-2012, 05:21 PM
Oh yeah. Well Heath is much harder to replace. If they tried to have someone else emulate Ledger's performance it would have came off as insulting.

Of course. But if they would've just showed him Locked up facing his back just laughing would've been cool.

elturtleboy
07-24-2012, 10:39 AM
http://nukethefridge.com/2012/07/24/the-jokers-whereabouts-discovered-during-the-dark-knight-rises/

Well here's some info on it.

DisposableJustice
07-24-2012, 06:36 PM
a tad off topic but this is fucking cool

Christian Bale came to Denver today to visit the victims of the shootings at the hospital; what's even cooler is that he came without letting the press know until he was there to not make it look like a publicity stunt

http://www.denverpost.com/theatershooting/ci_21147699/christian-bale-town-visiting-victims-shooting?utm_medium=facebook

ravenheart
08-22-2012, 02:11 PM
Finally saw this today. Pretty great, but that ending... No one wants that.

brutal_descent
08-22-2012, 02:21 PM
Finally saw this today. Pretty great, but that ending... No one wants that.

Are you referring to Wayne's fate or Robin?

ravenheart
08-22-2012, 02:25 PM
Are you referring to Wayne's fate or Robin?

Both!

brutal_descent
08-22-2012, 02:29 PM
Both!

The end definitely ruined it for me, but as for the latter... though my comic book fanboy self is butthurt over them using Robin as his middle name despite Robin's actual name being Dick Grayson, I definitely didn't see it coming and liked it at the time.

BloodoftheKings
08-22-2012, 02:35 PM
The end definitely ruined it for me, but as for the latter... though my comic book fanboy self is butthurt over them using Robin as his middle name despite Robin's actual name being Dick Grayson, I definitely didn't see it coming and liked it at the time.

I really didn't like anything about the ending. There's other Robins besides Dick Grayson but still, no version of the character was ever named Robin Blake.

The ending would have been good if they just had Bruce Wayne die plain and simple. The Robin shit and the auto pilot thing just leave room for bullshit speculation over possible sequels that will never happen (at least I hope they wont).

ShatteredFlame
08-22-2012, 03:07 PM
The worst part about the ending is that there's still hundreds of criminals roaming the street that are not going to simply turn themselves in just because Bane is gone. Honestly the more I think about it, Nolan should have split this chapter into two movies.

XDoomsayerX
08-22-2012, 03:11 PM
The ending is great aside from actually showing Bruce Wayne, it should've just been Alfred smiling. Technically Bruce and Batman are "dead", plus having him live makes it feel fulfilling. The Robing thing was simply a homage and nothing more. No more sequels, Nolan and Bale both don't want to do anymore, maybe a Night Wing is a possibility but I highly doubt.

BloodoftheKings
08-22-2012, 03:51 PM
The worst part about the ending is that there's still hundreds of criminals roaming the street that are not going to simply turn themselves in just because Bane is gone. Honestly the more I think about it, Nolan should have split this chapter into two movies.

I was trying to think of some sort of explanation along the lines of "well they all got their asses handed to them in the showdown against the cops" but the more I think about it, it really just doesn't make any sense.

I really wanna know how the fuck Batman just glides away from a nuclear explosion when he's sitting in the Bat 5 seconds before it explodes. Did he have a refrigerator in that thing?

Dextrimental
08-22-2012, 03:57 PM
Well I loved the ending. I think naming Robin as Robin was just Nolan making sure the part of the audience that isn't comic book fans can also understand the point of the reveal. Batman dying, but Bruce living was great as well, Batman is dead, but Bruce lives on and escapes it all with Catwoman.

mastodon421
08-22-2012, 04:13 PM
Well I loved the ending. I think naming Robin as Robin was just Nolan making sure the part of the audience that isn't comic book fans can also understand the point of the reveal. Batman dying, but Bruce living was great as well, Batman is dead, but Bruce lives on and escapes it all with Catwoman.

This.

BloodoftheKings
08-22-2012, 04:31 PM

My problem with that is what if Gotham comes under attack again? Will Bruce just say "not my problem" and go about his business?

llama lom
08-22-2012, 04:41 PM
My problem with that is what if Gotham comes under attack again? Will Bruce just say "not my problem" and go about his business?

That's why he gave Blake the directions to the Batcave. We're left to assume that he takes over as Gotham's caretaker.

masterguy49
08-22-2012, 05:12 PM
I really wanna know how the fuck Batman just glides away from a nuclear explosion when he's sitting in the Bat 5 seconds before it explodes. Did he have a refrigerator in that thing?

I didn't notice it the 1st time, but the 2nd time Lucius learns that Bruce fixed the autopilot on the bat without telling anyone.

ShatteredFlame
08-22-2012, 05:14 PM
Yeah i assumed that the repairing of the bat signal meant that Batman would be back. Not sure if that meant Blake would be Batman, or that Wayne would still be protecting the city.

BloodoftheKings
08-22-2012, 05:19 PM
I didn't notice it the 1st time, but the 2nd time Lucius learns that Bruce fixed the autopilot on the bat without telling anyone.

I noticed that too, but it still shows Batman sitting inside The Bat 5 seconds before the explosion. You can't argue that he wasn't in it when it flew off.

ravenheart
08-26-2012, 03:38 PM
Be as hopeful as you like that there won't be bullshit sequels, but there will. The next one has already been commissioned by the studio (although I notice it's no longer showing on the regular IMDb), just without Nolan et al. It was always their plan. I'm disappointed that Nolan obviously had his arm twisted into having an open ending. I feel quite certain that he didn't want to do that.

TonyD
08-26-2012, 06:53 PM
I know some people just love arguing about plot holes, but you know, this is a movie about a superhero in a bat outfit.

ravenheart
08-27-2012, 04:01 AM
I know some people just love arguing about plot holes, but you know, this is a movie about a superhero in a bat outfit.

I don't think there really were any actual plot holes in this. It's just a bad ending.

ShatteredFlame
08-27-2012, 09:22 AM
I don't think there really were any actual plot holes in this.

What about how when Bruce Wayne escapes the prison, he just magically returns to Gotham even though that place was in another country and Gotham is heavily guarded to the point where no one from the outside world is allowed to enter?

dcmetal108
08-27-2012, 03:46 PM
What about how when Bruce Wayne escapes the prison, he just magically returns to Gotham even though that place was in another country and Gotham is heavily guarded to the point where no one from the outside world is allowed to enter?

This.

Or what about the fact that Bruce's spine is broke but just pulling a rope into it to realign it works.

BloodoftheKings
08-27-2012, 03:51 PM
Or what about the fact that Bruce's spine is broke but just pulling a rope into it to realign it works.

There's a difference between movie logic and plot holes.

ravenheart
08-27-2012, 04:14 PM

Not really seeing the problem. He's Bruce Wayne. Pretty sure the guy can sort out a flight or two. And he can walk on ice. He did it again later as Batman to talk to Gordon.

Something doesn't have to be shown for it to have an explanation. Especially when showing him doing it would be boring and wouldn't actually further the plot any more than skipping it did.

dcmetal108
08-27-2012, 04:51 PM
There's a difference between movie logic and plot holes.

I know. I just had to also point this one messed up scene out.

XDoomsayerX
08-27-2012, 04:55 PM
Haha he didnt break his back. That dude in prison even said his spine was just dislocated or misaligned or something along those lines.

Movies like this have plot holes even TDK had em. We are talking about super heroes and whatnot not historical or scientifically sound movies here.

ShatteredFlame
08-27-2012, 04:56 PM
Not really seeing the problem. He's Bruce Wayne. Pretty sure the guy can sort out a flight or two. And he can walk on ice. He did it again later as Batman to talk to Gordon.

Something doesn't have to be shown for it to have an explanation. Especially when showing him doing it would be boring and wouldn't actually further the plot any more than skipping it did.

That explanation makes no sense to me. As I said Gotham was blocked off with no other connections with the outside world due to threats that Bane would set off the bomb. Getting into Gotham would have served a pretty big challenge and needs an explanation. He was stripped off all his gadgets, obviously it would have made it a lot easier to get out of the hole if he had them. If he just so happened to have his gadget stocked up in someplace other than Gotham than I would have liked to have that explained. Also am I wrong but wasn't the reason he needed to get into contact with Lucius Fox was because he was the only one that could get him equipment?

oh and the reason he could walk on ice is due to a bat gadget, dunno what its called but its in Arkham City :lol:

dcmetal108
08-27-2012, 04:58 PM
That explanation makes no sense to me. As I said Gotham was blocked off with no other connections with the outside world due to threats that Bane would set off the bomb. Getting into Gotham would have served a pretty big challenge and needs an explanation. He was stripped off all his gadgets, obviously it would have made it a lot easier to get out of the hole if he had them. If he just so happened to have his gadget stocked up in someplace other than Gotham than I would have liked to have that explained. Also am I wrong but wasn't the reason he needed to get into contact with Lucius Fox was because he was the only one that could get him equipment?

This is all true. I mean when he got out of the prison all we saw was that he started walking. Should we assume he walked all the way to Gotham and that time stood still in the city for some unforeseen reason.

llama lom
08-27-2012, 05:28 PM

oh and the reason he could walk on ice is due to a bat gadget, dunno what its called but its in Arkham City :lol:

I'm pretty sure his League of Shadows training would have helped getting into the city undetected.