PDA

View Full Version : Marvel "Phase 2"

BloodoftheKings
07-15-2012, 01:11 PM
For those of you who haven't heard at Comic Con they announced a new wave of Marvel movies that will lead into Avengers 2 dubbed 'phase 2' (it can be assumed phase 1 was Incredible Hulk, Iron Man 1&2, Thor, and Captain America). These movies include.

Iron Man 3 (May 3rd, 2013)

This is the only one that was already known about prior to CC. They showed a trailer that hasn't come up online yet and apparently Mandarin is gonna be the villain and he will be played by Ben Kingsley.

Thor: The Dark World (November 8th, 2013)

'Game of Thrones' director Alan Taylor is taking over. Entire cast is returning plus Zach Levi who will be playing Fandral.

Captain America: The Winter Soldier (April 4th, 2014)

Directed by the Russo brothers.

Guardians of the Galaxy (August 1st, 2014)

The only real surprise here. They're most likely doing this one to introduce Thanos since he's already been confirmed to be the villain in Avengers 2. It will feature Star-Lord, Drax the Destroyer, Gamora, Groot and Rocket Raccoon.

Ant Man (TBA)

Will be directed and co wrote by Edgar Wright (“Shaun of the Dead,” “Scott Pilgrim Vs. the World”). This one also had a trailer that is yet to leak.

powerslave_85
07-15-2012, 02:30 PM
I think the best thing about this new universe of Marvel movies is that they're willing to make varied and slightly unorthodox choices for directors.

mankvill
07-15-2012, 02:33 PM
As far as Avengers movies:

Never saw the one with Eric Bana as Hulk, but the one with Edward Norton in it was okay.

Thor wasn't very good at all.

Iron Man 1 was awesome, 2 was okay.

Haven't seen Captain America.

I want more "realistic" superhero movies, damnit.

powerslave_85
07-15-2012, 02:46 PM
What do you mean by "realistic?" Because just about every hero with actual powers involves magic or sci-fi, and without that you're just left with the vigilante stories like Kick-Ass, Super, and The Punisher.

mankvill
07-15-2012, 02:48 PM
What do you mean by "realistic?" Because just about every hero with actual powers involves magic or sci-fi, and without that you're just left with the vigilante stories like Kick-Ass, Super, and The Punisher.

The first two Spider-Man movies, Watchmen...stuff like that. I also liked the last Superman movie, but when it's too unbelivable and "comic-booky", it just turns me off.

Like that Green Lantern movie? Blech.

powerslave_85
07-15-2012, 02:49 PM
Watchmen? The one with the blue demi-god who could teleport? ;)

mastodon421
07-15-2012, 03:39 PM
I'm excited for all of these (Captain America less so than others, The Russo Brothers are definitely a bold choice for directors:lol:). Marvel movies tend to be great for the most part.

ShatteredFlame
07-15-2012, 03:47 PM
The only ones I liked on the first batch were Captain America and the first Iron-Man.

I want them to focus on better villains, all of them were pretty weak and unmemorable.

ravenheart
07-15-2012, 04:09 PM
Iron Man 3 (May 3rd, 2013)

This is the only one that was already known about prior to CC.

Not true. Most of those were known long ago. The surprise is Guardians of The Galaxy.

There was also meant to be a Nick Fury movie, but that seems to have been abandoned for now.

ravenheart
07-15-2012, 04:11 PM
The first two Spider-Man movies, Watchmen...stuff like that. I also liked the last Superman movie, but when it's too unbelivable and "comic-booky", it just turns me off.

Like that Green Lantern movie? Blech.

All of the Toby McGuire Spider-Man movies sucked. Get with the programme, manks.

powerslave_85
07-15-2012, 04:23 PM
Not true. Most of those were known long ago. The surprise is Guardians of The Galaxy.

There was also meant to be a Nick Fury movie, but that seems to have been abandoned for now.
Yeah, word about the Thor and Cap sequels have been out for a while.

I agree that the villains have been mostly a little weak so far, but Loki is one of my favorite comic book movie baddies so far, especially in Thor.

elturtleboy
07-15-2012, 04:39 PM
I'm excited.