PDA

View Full Version : Iron Maiden -- Montreal, Quebec -- July 11th, 2012

powerslave_85
07-12-2012, 04:19 AM
This was my first time to Montreal (and first time to Canada since I was a kid), so I was a bit nervous about finding my way around, but it turned out to be a breeze, and I didn't run into any language barriers, luckily. I got there about an hour before show started. Some of you old timers might remember Nancy and Meuhhh from the Maiden boards: I met them briefly before the show. Nice people! I snagged a Canadian tour event shirt and made it to my seat a few minutes before Alice started.

Cooper's set was obviously the same as it has been, and I really enjoy his show, even if his music isn't my favorite (I like a few songs, though). He's a great opener for Maiden, though; the crowd really gets into it (especially when he wore a Habs jersey).

Hands down, this was the best Maiden show out of the four I've been to. The band was 100% on their game, and Bruce was the best I've ever heard him by a long shot. The crowd, as I expected, was amazing and very loud. Very refreshing compared to the apathetic American crowds. No one left during Running Free! No mass exodus to the bathroom during ATSS! Unfortunately for me, Bruce did all of his banter in French, so I have no idea what he said. It was impressive, though! Also, the sound was soooo much better than I'm used to (I've always seen them outdoors). My seats were way up in the nosebleeds (one row forward from the very top), but I could see everything perfectly, and from that angle it wasn't uncomfortably loud and I was even able to take out my earplugs for a few songs.

(Same set as the rest of the tour)

It was another late night, but I don't regret it one bit. I'll definitely be going back to Montreal for the next tour!

(I will have a picture of my shirt and maybe a short video of ATSS later)

PowerMaiden
07-12-2012, 05:40 AM
glad you had a great time buddy !

it was fantastic again !

Cheers !
PowerMaiden

TonyD
07-12-2012, 01:01 PM
Very refreshing compared to the apathetic American crowds.

Thanks Bruce.

powerslave_85
07-12-2012, 02:51 PM
I'm sorry, but he's absolutely right on that account.

JRA
07-12-2012, 02:55 PM
I will never forget how dead as fuck the crowd was at the Maiden show I went to. Wouldn't be surprised if Bruce got his complex from that very show.

(It was Worcester in 2003)

El Gordo
07-12-2012, 03:43 PM
I didn't run into any language barriers, luckily.

Well, it was Montreal not Rimouski! Everyone in Montreal speaks English!

PVH5150
07-12-2012, 04:34 PM
Don't know what part of America you are referring to, but the pit in Mansfield was fucking awesome. Never seen so many horns being thrown up in unison.

RigoStar
07-12-2012, 05:39 PM
The show was truly amazing. Damn Maiden to put so many demanding songs one after another one. I was out of breath at the middle of the show. The mosh pits in the front were non stop for the entire show.. :D

Christen
07-12-2012, 07:01 PM
Would love to see what the Canadian event shirt looks like. Still not sure which one I'm gonna get.

powerslave_85
07-12-2012, 07:08 PM
Here it is:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v121/powerslave_85/maidencanadabf.png

Christen
07-12-2012, 07:30 PM
That's pretty awesome. Thanks.

Strobic Axe
07-13-2012, 08:38 AM
Hey PM, did you note what time each set started & what time Maiden finished? Thanks

makethemsuffer12
07-13-2012, 08:47 AM
Here it is:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v121/powerslave_85/maidencanadabf.png

Eddie riding a moose is possibly the greatest thing I've seen in my life.