PDA

View Full Version : Mayhem Festival -- Denver, CO -- July 8th, 2012

DisposableJustice
07-08-2012, 11:21 PM
Well this day started out very shitty and threatened me not making this show; I was supposed to go with a couple of co-workers and one dude who I was told was in wheelchair, thus had handicap setting which was awesomely close to the stage

I arrive at our meeting place, wait 45 minutes, dick happens; turns out 2 of the group bailed and didn't consider contacting me about it; so I rush home to borrow a friends car to get to the venue; I make it, overpay for a GA ticket from a scalper and get inside

The rest of the night went great; I meet some old friends there who in turn had friends there whom had extra tickets to the middle seating section; SWEET so I go from being bailed on, overpaying for GA to an update to awesome center seating

Anyway as far as the show I had plans to see Anthrax on the second stage but it was a clusterfuck to get there and poorly planned so I stayed at the main stage. I saw The Devil Wears Prada; I never never listened to them before and I really didn't give a fuck about them, they sounded ok...I am assuming the setlist is the same as the tour so far; 7/10

1) Born To Lose
2) Outnumbered
3) Constance
4) Dead Throne
5) Assistance To The Regional Manager
6) Vengeance
7) Mammoth

Next was Motorhead when my friends and I got the upgraded seats; I was looking forward to these guys because back in February when Gignatour came to Denver, Lemmy got sick and had to cancel and it sucked; Motorhead simply kicked ass and took names; I got a sweet ass Motorhead shirt and I hope they come back for a headling tour I will make sure to see them again- 9/10

1) Bomber
2) Damage Case:rocker:
3) I Know How To Die
4) Over The Top
5) Stay Clean
6) The Chase Is Better Than The Catch
7) Going To Brazil
8) *Drum Solo*
9) Killed By Death
10) Ace Of Spades:rocker:
11) Overkill:rocker:

Slayer the main band I came to see, was the best hands down. They started around 8 and just tore through the set; Tom only spoke before War Ensemble to thank us for coming and if we were ready for fucking war, as well as a quick speech about freedom before Mandatory Suicide. I was happy to finally hear Mandatory Suicide and Hell Awaits in a live setting plus Seasons is my favorite song and in imo should be a setlist staple. Slayer were at the top of their game, the only complaint was Kerry had some sound issues at the start, but overall Slayer kicked ass and was the highlight for me. Now Slayer needs to get on their own headline tour dammit 10/10

1) Disciple:rocker:
2) War Ensemble
3) Die by the Sword
4) Hate Worldwide
5) Mandatory Suicide:blaze:
6) Altar of Sacrifice
7) Jesus Saves
8) Seasons in the Abyss:drool:
9) Hell Awaits:horns:
10) Dead Skin Mask
11) Angel of Death
12) South of Heaven
13) Raining Blood

Now, Slayer may of owned the night but Slipknot was a lot of fun. This was my first time seeing them, and it won't be the last. Because Slipknot is more well known among the public the energy in the venue was massive and I was singing along to their set than Slayer, I think it is just the nature of being on the radio/TV more. Corey did say before surfacing that this was only the beginning, which I assume means Slipknot is planning a new album and/or more touring; either way I'll see them again. 9.5/10

1) 742617000027
2) (sic)
3) Eyeless
4) Sulfur
5) Wait And Bleed
6) Before I Forget
7) Disasterpiece
8) Gently:light:
9) Vermillion:rocker:
10) The Heretic Anthem
11) Psychosocial
12) Duality
13) Spit It Out
*Encore*
14) People=Shit
15) Surfacing

Overall it was a well run show and if 2013 has some great bands on it I'll come back to Mayhem

Sepultura69
07-09-2012, 12:27 AM
GREAT REVIEW!!! I'm glad you had a blast!!! Hopefully we meet again one day. It was great meeting you at the Big four in Indio last year, right before Slayer came on! Hopefully we meet again in the near future. Since you came all the way to Cali for a show..maybe I will show up to denver one day for a show and we can have a reunion! :D :D :rocker: :rocker: :cool: :cool:

DisposableJustice
07-09-2012, 12:31 AM
GREAT REVIEW!!! I'm glad you had a blast!!! Hopefully we meet again one day. It was great meeting you at the Big four in Indio last year, right before Slayer came on! Hopefully we meet again in the near future. Since you came all the way to Cali for a show..maybe I will show up to denver one day for a show and we can have a reunion! :D :D :rocker: :rocker: :cool: :cool:

Thanks you are always welcome to come to my neck of the woods; I do enjoy going to California maybe if there is a show that doesn't hit Denver but out there, I'll make sure to hit you up

cradle_of_maiden
07-09-2012, 07:08 AM
Definitely glad they added Disciple again lol. I had a minor freak out when they removed it

cradle_of_maiden
07-09-2012, 08:46 AM
Does anybody know if Jim is back on tour with Slipknot?

DisposableJustice
07-09-2012, 11:50 AM
Does anybody know if Jim is back on tour with Slipknot?

From what I have heard they are hoping to get him back in the middle of the tour but they rather not rush his recovery until he is cleared by doctors

Chris_M_S
07-09-2012, 01:48 PM
Jim isn't back yet. Also, I talked to Jason Bittner yesterday and the rumors of Charlie coming back in Dallas were something he had no idea about. He said they haven't heard from him in a while.

Nobody said hi in Denver! Fuckers. But I sold a lot of shit so whatever. Dallas for my hometown show tomorrow, pretty stoked for that. Had a rager of an afterparty last night, day off in Kansas today.

dcmetal108
07-09-2012, 05:34 PM
Why isn't DWP playing any of their old old stuff?

Again though I am the other one who cares hahaha.