PDA

View Full Version : Favorite post-And Justice For All Metallica Album

Travis The Dragon
07-06-2012, 06:50 PM
With the pre-Black album poll, I thought it would be interesting to do this as well.

For me it's:
Death Magnetic
Loads
Black
St. Anger

Also, I put both Load albums for an option since they're so similar sounding. I believe Reload was in fact left over stuff from Load.

Indestructible
07-06-2012, 07:36 PM
The Black Album
Death Magnetic/ Beyond Magnetic
Garage Inc.
Reload
Load

St. Anger:confused: :barf:

mankvill
07-06-2012, 08:40 PM
Black Album
Death Magnetic
Load
St. Anger
ReLoad

Black album is chock full of awesome songs. Through The Never? So good.

Death Magnetic has one of Metallicas best post-Justice songs (Judas Kiss) and one of their best songs ever (All Nightmare Long)

Load is passable. For the sound they were going for, I love the song Hero of the Day.

St. Anger is rightly garbahj, but I think the title track is fantastic.

ReLoad sucks even though Fuel is one of my favorites. Rest if the album blowz.

DisposableJustice
07-06-2012, 10:45 PM
For me the Black Album followed by Death Magnetic; Load had a few songs I like (King Nothing, 2x4, Bleeding Me)

St. Anger is a lot better in a live setting

Re-Load can go to hell (expect Devil's Dance)

MPF
07-07-2012, 12:35 AM
Load
Garage Inc.
Black Album
Death Magnetic
Reload
St. Anger
Lulu

JRA
07-07-2012, 01:10 AM
As much as people shit talk St. Anger, I get the general feeling Reload is a much much worse album.

makethemsuffer12
07-07-2012, 06:54 AM
I don't think ReLoad is as bad as a lot of people on here say it is. That being said, it's still not as strong as Load (which is a pretty great album).

Voted Black, next would've been Load or DM.

hellawaits77ny
07-08-2012, 03:07 PM
Here's mine, from favorite to least:

1) Load - Bring on the hate, it's actually my 3rd favorite behind MOP + RTL. I just fucking love this album. I can't really put my finger on it, most of it just sounds great to my ears. Until it Sleeps, Hero of the Day, Bleeding Me, Thorn Within, The Outlaw Torn, are among my favorite Metallica songs. Wish they'd break them out live.

2) Death Magnetic - Solid album, a return to form of sorts. Some great songs like Cyanide, That Was Just Your Life.

3) St Anger - It's cool to hate this record, but I don't. True, musically and lyrically as far as "talent" goes, it's below anything Metallica has done on their own. However, the songs sound great live, and I love it's raw sound. The album also came out just before I graduated high school, and whenever I hear these songs, I get some great nostalgia.

4) Black Album - The 3 hits are all overplayed and irritating, but the 2nd half of this album is great. Through The Never, The God That Failed, etc.

5) Reload - Understandable why these songs weren;t used on Load. There are some good songs here, and I still listen to the album occasionally.

NickLed19
07-08-2012, 03:08 PM
Black Album
Death Magnetic
Load
ReLoad
St Anger

John The Drummer
07-09-2012, 01:28 PM
I chose St. Anger...........

...for the lulz :D

mastodon421
07-09-2012, 01:35 PM
Black Album easily. Death Magnetic is the only other post-80's album that I even find to be listenable.

Sepultura69
07-13-2012, 02:16 PM
I chose St. Anger...........

...for the lulz :D

I guess we are the only two that voted for St. Anger. Except that i did not vote it for the lull... I actually like that album. Some Kind of Monster is one of my favorite metallica songs... :eyes:

brutal_descent
07-13-2012, 02:22 PM
1. Metallica
2. Death Magnetic
3. Load/Reload (Both have the same amount of killer and filler)
4. Saint Anger

SomewhereInTime72
07-19-2012, 09:10 PM
Black album, too easy. DM in a fairly far 2nd, but still a large step above any of the other 3.

Metallica > > Death Magnetic > > Reload (yeah better than load imo) > Load > > > St. Anger

JRA
07-21-2012, 07:55 PM
Some Kind of Monster is one of my favorite metallica songs... :eyes:

Really? I remember relistening to that album after many years and thinking that it sounded like Godsmack doing a pisstake.