PDA

View Full Version : RANDY BLYTHE of LAMB OF GOD wanted by Czech police for manslaughter

brutal_descent
06-28-2012, 03:20 PM
According to Czech news site Novinky.cz, Lamb of God vocalist Randy Blythe has been arrested in Prague on charges of manslaughter.

While I’ve only been able to scrounge up a rough translation of the report, Blythe’s arrest apparently stems from a concert that took place on May 24, 2010. Allegedly, a fan lept on stage during the show, resulting in a physical altercation. The fan eventually succumbed to his injuries and died, leading to the charges Blythe now faces.

Fan-filmed videos of the concert in question are readily available on YouTube, although I have not been able to find footage of this specific incident as of yet.

The band was scheduled to at the Rock Café in Prague tonight along with All Shall Perish and Skeletonwitch; the venue’s official website confirms that Lamb of God have cancelled this evening performance, but does not specify the cause of the cancellation.

We’ll update this story as more news becomes available.

http://www.metalsucks.net/2012/06/28/breaking-randy-blythe-arrested-in-prague-on-charges-of-manslaughter/

anomynous
06-28-2012, 03:20 PM
lol wat

EDIT: Going by posts on Lamb of god's fb page, apparently this is true.

RampinUp46
06-28-2012, 03:25 PM
So they waited two years to call for Randy's arrest?

...Or did the fan just recently die and it's only now that they're pressing charges?

brutal_descent
06-28-2012, 03:28 PM
So they waited two years to call for Randy's arrest?

...Or did the fan just recently die and it's only now that they're pressing charges?

I think it's been Lamb of God's first show in Prague since then; they were probably just waiting for an opportunity to arrest him.

NickLed19
06-28-2012, 03:28 PM
WTF?

anomynous
06-28-2012, 03:31 PM
From what it sounds like some guy jumped on stage, Randy kicked him, the guy tripped and fell off the stage, hit his head, and died form internal bleeding.

That's not really Randy's fault, but we'll see.

mastodon421
06-28-2012, 03:34 PM
This is just stupid.

brutal_descent
From what it sounds like, some guy jumped on stage, Randy kicked him, the guy tripped, fell off the stage, hit his head, and died from internal bleeding.

That's not really Randy's fault, but we'll see.

...holy shit, does anyone remember that story about Trapped Under Ice beating the shit out of some dude in Germany at one of their shows last year? :eek:

RampinUp46
I think it's been Lamb of God's first show in Prague since then; they were probably just waiting for an opportunity to arrest him.

Makes sense. I guess all we can do is wish Randy the best and wait to see what happens.

anomynous
06-28-2012, 03:35 PM
Now for the selfish statement: what's going to happen to the LoG/Dethklok/Gojira tour?

I've been looking forward to that.

brutal_descent
06-28-2012, 03:40 PM
Now for the selfish statement: what's going to happen to the LoG/Dethklok/Gojira tour?

You think that's selfish? I'm crossing myself for being lucky enough to see them a few days before this shit went down :eyes:

street_burial
06-28-2012, 03:41 PM

Hopefully he won't be convicted.

Otherwise it'll just be a Dethklok headliner I'd assume.

RampinUp46
06-28-2012, 03:41 PM

I was actually going to ask that, but I didn't know if I should say it in the tour thread or this one.

slapguitarer
06-28-2012, 03:48 PM
I hope everything works out for LoG.

Although I wouldn't mind just Dethklok and Gojira :eyes:

Steev
06-28-2012, 03:52 PM
This is idiotic, people have no business running up on stage(just ask the people at the Al Rosa......oh wait you can't)

This moron should have never been up there and holding Randy responsible is disgusting and some opportunists trying to cash in

brutal_descent
06-28-2012, 03:53 PM
This is idiotic, people have no business running up on stage(just ask the people at the Al Rosa......oh wait you can't)

This moron should have never been up there and holding Randy responsible is disgusting and some opportunists trying to cash in

Well, that's why crowd-surfing is 'banned' in most venues.

TonyD
06-28-2012, 04:00 PM

Nice joke asshole

christopher
06-28-2012, 04:00 PM
:(

street_burial
06-28-2012, 04:01 PM
UPDATE, 6:52 pm: A spokesperson for Lamb God says that Blythe is “wrongly accused,” that the band’s “lawyers are dealing with it,” and that “we expect him to be fully exonerated.”

Steev
06-28-2012, 04:01 PM
Nice joke asshole

That's not a joke, that's the exact reason this dipshit should have never been on the stage and whatever happened to him was an immediate result of his own stupidity

Sanitarium78
06-28-2012, 04:07 PM
That's not a joke, that's the exact reason this dipshit should have never been on the stage and whatever happened to him was an immediate result of his own stupidity

Exactly. Nobody should go up on stage during a concert, unless the band invites them up which i've seen before. Any other time though:nonono:

Steev
06-28-2012, 04:10 PM
Exactly. Nobody should go up on stage during a concert, unless the band invites them up which i've seen before. Any other time though:nonono:

That's why KoRn has huge ass bodyguards ON THE STAGE(and I saw them beat the piss out of one moron, ironically during the line in "Falling Away From Me" about "Beating me down to the ground")

Hell last year at Volbeat this guy ran up on stage 3 times, last time security grabbed his shirt and he went face first into the railing

What Hell is About
06-28-2012, 04:19 PM
Everyone deserves to have fun at a show but if you're willing to do something like get on stage you're subjecting yourself to whatever happens.

And if you're Randy Blythe on stage and some crazy fan gets up there, how is he to know he won't do some more crazy shit? Security must've been slacking.

Condolences to the family and the person that died, but if it was THAT serious when it happened, how come this wasn't taken care of 2 years ago at that time?

Hope Randy is released and able to continue. It's too bad he deleted his twitter with all the shit he would go off on! Here's to Gojira ditching Dethklok and headlining a smaller US tour with a longer setlist!

TonyD
06-28-2012, 04:19 PM

From what I remember, the guy came from behind the stage... and had a gun.

Steev
06-28-2012, 04:24 PM
From what I remember, the guy came from behind the stage... and had a gun.

He was in the crowd and made his way up there

Funny story though, back in 2003 I ended up onstage at a LOG show, they let me stay there and Randy hugged me after

mankvill
06-28-2012, 05:04 PM
100% nothing will happen to Randy or the band. At all. At most, they won't be able to perform there again any time soon. Maybe a settlement with the victim's family.

stylesclash516
06-28-2012, 05:23 PM
I have mixed feelings about people being on stage. When I see someone jump on stage and the band is cool with it that shows me the band is down-to-earth as far as their fans go. It's a given that bands like The Dillinger Escape Plan, Converge, and [insert random Hardcore band here] are going to have people on stage and sometimes Lamb of God ends up in that list. It seems like today when bands have illustrious stage shows (take Rammstein for example) they can't have people on stage for fear of them catching on fire or something similar. But in the case of Lamb of God, I'd say Randy was a bit in the wrong for literally kicking a fan off stage (unless said fan was being a dick to anyone on or near the stage). Besides, I've seen plenty of shows where fans got on stage with Lamb of God and they were cool with it, now all of a sudden Randy kills a poor guy who tried to do the same.

mankvill
06-28-2012, 05:26 PM
When you crowd surf up on stage, you have about 3 seconds to launch yourself back into the crowd or to get off-stage before you become an annoying piece of shit. No trying to take pictures of yourself on stage. No dancing. No headbanging, unless you do it very briefly and then stage-dive. This is the code. Learn it well.

Steev
06-28-2012, 05:29 PM
When you crowd surf up on stage, you have about 3 seconds to launch yourself back into the crowd or to get off-stage before you become an annoying piece of shit. No trying to take pictures of yourself on stage. No dancing. No headbanging, unless you do it very briefly and then stage-dive. This is the code. Learn it well.

This, and to be honest even the stage diving is starting to get annoying

and yeah some small hardcore shows people may run up onstage, but usually its at the end

TonyD
06-28-2012, 05:31 PM
Yeah it's part of the bro code. Tony from MW pulled a guys pants down cause he was hanging out too long a couple weeks ago and basically reiterated that.

rjturtle9
06-28-2012, 05:48 PM
Yeah it's part of the bro code. Tony from MW pulled a guys pants down cause he was hanging out too long a couple weeks ago and basically reiterated that.

:lol: That's awesome!

Steev
06-28-2012, 05:48 PM

Further proof of how awesome MW are

elturtleboy
06-28-2012, 07:37 PM

This! Plus if the bands cool with you sharing the mic with you for 5 seconds.

Bergman101
06-28-2012, 08:01 PM
Here's to Gojira ditching Dethklok and headlining a smaller US tour with a longer setlist!

I would love to see LOG again and I hope that Randy gets off but if not then that would be prime.

anomynous
06-28-2012, 08:12 PM
According to the rule of honor, Randy is forgiven, right?

street_burial
06-28-2012, 08:16 PM
http://www.vipmerch.com/product/free-randy-t-shirt

Steev
06-28-2012, 08:19 PM
That took a whole 5 seconds

RampinUp46
06-28-2012, 08:21 PM
http://www.vipmerch.com/product/free-randy-t-shirt

Where exactly does this money go? The news broke today; there can't possibly be a relief fund just yet.

:lol:

kalfitegrdan
06-28-2012, 09:03 PM

You made my day. :lol:

anomynous
06-28-2012, 11:51 PM
On a serious note:

Earlier today (Thursday June 28, 2012) Lamb of God frontman Randy Blythe was arrested and charged with manslaughter stemming from a 2010 incident at the Abaton in Prague, Czech Republic. Blythe's management team were quick to issue a statement stating Randy was "wrongly accused, lawyers are dealing with it, and we expect him to be fully exonerated."

What they probably didn't account for was a local Czech blogger was at the show and wrote a review about the entire confrontation between Randy Blythe and the fan. Sicmaggot blog stated "Randy behaved exactly as I expected him to, a son of a bitch who pisses off everyone. He's confirmed by firing up several fans. [Randy] was very irritated when someone decided to join him on stage. At first Randy hit him a lot, then Randy jumped on him to hold him down while he continued singing? When the fan got up, Randy took him by the hair and threw down quite quickly. It was a good thing the fan was so dazed that he probably felt nothing. It took him a little while to realize what happened and as he struggled to get his breathe back. Randy does behave quite pretentious, but the performance was important to him."

Fans in attendance at the show commented:

"Everything OK with that guy who fell down after a stage-push? We saw ambulance late after concert"

"He came down with a thud, when he fell down. The kid died after 14 days in a coma for bleeding in the brain!"

"OMG impossible! The vocalist should be sued then... He pulled him really heavily."

http://www.thegauntlet.com/article/525/25642/Witness-Account-To-The-LAMB-OF-GOD-Show-That-Describes-Randy-Blythe-Throwing-A-Kid-Down

IF this story is true..............Randy kind of deserves it. That's a big if though.

mankvill
06-28-2012, 11:54 PM
On a serious note:

http://www.thegauntlet.com/article/525/25642/Witness-Account-To-The-LAMB-OF-GOD-Show-That-Describes-Randy-Blythe-Throwing-A-Kid-Down

IF this story is true..............Randy kind of deserves it. That's a big if though.

Tough guy in a tough guy band acting tough? No way.

MPF
06-28-2012, 11:59 PM
Tough guy in a tough guy band acting tough? No way.

That's why I'm surprised that a LOG/FFDonkeyP tour hasn't/won't happen *depending on what happens in this situation*

treghet
06-29-2012, 12:16 AM
Regardless of the fan being stupid to get on stage, if that's what Randy did, he clearly went too far. I have a hard time believing nobody caught this on camera though.

NickLed19
06-29-2012, 02:33 AM
That story sounds like bullshit.

RampinUp46
06-29-2012, 03:04 AM
That's why I'm surprised that a LOG/FFDonkeyP tour hasn't/won't happen *depending on what happens in this situation*

I went to a Mayhem Fest 2010 offdate with Lamb of God and FFDP as a co-headliner (Hatebreed and 3 Inches of Blood opened). You couldn't turn your head once without seeing shirtlessness, chain wallets (security was a joke), blood and sweat, and camo shorts. Bonus points if it was all four at the same time.

imanidiot777
06-29-2012, 06:35 AM
That story definitely sounds like crap. If this really went on like a beating as long as the blogger described, there would be videos ALL OVER THE PLACE of it. The FIRST THING that people in the crowd would do if Randy (or anyone) was being repeatedly hit on stage, is take out the cameras and film it.

I call BS.

AnataFan4Life
06-29-2012, 06:38 AM
That story definitely sounds like crap. If this really went on like a beating as long as the blogger described, there would be videos ALL OVER THE PLACE of it. The FIRST THING that people in the crowd would do if Randy (or anyone) was being repeatedly hit on stage, is take out the cameras and film it.

I call BS.

This.

Steev
06-29-2012, 06:44 AM
Idiotics overseas assume all American bands are "millionare rockstars" and they're tryingto cash in on stupidity

On a funnier note Throwdown retweeted my post of "they better Czech themselves before they Wreck themselves"

street_burial
06-29-2012, 08:50 AM
Got this press release in my email today. Normally I don't pass them on but I figured some of you would be interested in what's going on with the Richmond based Lamb Of God's singer. The email reads:

For Immediate Release

June 29, 2012

LAMB OF GOD management will be issuing an official statement on Monday regarding the charges made against singer Randy Blythe. As no formal charges have yet been made and the case is only in the investigation stages, it would be premature to make an official statement filled with false truths or innuendos.

Having said that, management wished to address today one false piece of information that has been included in many of the news stories released so far. Under no circumstances was there a fight of any kind involved. This incident deals with a fan that three times during the concert jumped the barricade and rushed Randy during the performance. It is alleged that the third time, security was not able to reach him and that Randy pushed him back into the audience where supposedly he fell and hit his head.

Again, until the investigation is concluded this weekend, nothing more will be released, but clarity and the facts needed to be addressed on this one reported point which is totally inaccurate.

DCHeavyMetal.com posted this on facebook.

jd091
06-29-2012, 09:12 AM
This incident deals with a fan that three times during the concert jumped the barricade and rushed Randy during the performance. It is alleged that the third time, security was not able to reach him and that Randy pushed him back into the audience where supposedly he fell and hit his head.

Well then. If that's true, that's gotta be good news. Sounds more like a legitimate self-defense case.

Also, does anyone else think it's weird that this happened 2 years ago and the Czech police just waited in ambush for him? Or is that usually how international crime enforcement works? I feel like if Randy knew he could be arrested for that incident, he would have NEVER come back to the Czech republic. :lol:

Steev
06-29-2012, 09:13 AM
if he goes to jail because of this moron I think bands should just stop coming to Prague

imanidiot777
06-29-2012, 10:33 AM
If he did indeed rush Randy three times and get past security the last time, then surely there will be security guards to testify that that is indeed what happened. I'm sick and tired of governments and politicians hating on heavy metal as the worst thing for the future generation. That is all they are trying to do: get one more anti-government heavy metal guy out of the picture.

How about your stupid rappers who get in night-club brawls, beat up their women like Chris Brown, or just kill each other? Why can't we leave alone a band in which all 5 members are happily married and 3 of which have children? I don't get it?

EDIT: Yes I am a big Lamb of God fan and I am worried that on the small chance that something does actually happen to Randy, that will be the end of the band. He's 41 years old; who knows how many more years he will be able to do the insanity he does on stage before he doesn't have the stamina anymore.

jd091
06-29-2012, 10:38 AM
How about your stupid rappers who get in night-club brawls, beat up their women like Chris Brown, or just kill each other?

lol ok

Derelict
06-29-2012, 10:48 AM
One less lamb of god fan.

imanidiot777
06-29-2012, 11:30 AM
lol ok

My point is that these guys barely get in trouble. They always end up with the minimum sentences for things they do and then the media praises them as if they are great examples to the world. I think the guys in Slayer are much better role models than rappers, yet they were villified by the mainstream.

dcmetal108
06-29-2012, 11:32 AM
lol ok

Chris Brown isn't a rapper. Let's set that straight.

llama lom
06-29-2012, 11:34 AM
I'll reserve my judgment until some FACTS start showing up, no one of this "allegedly" bullshit. Still, a lot of what's been said isn't adding up. Even if there weren't pictures of video, you would think that news of Randy beating up a fan would spread like wildfire throughout the blogosphere, just from people who attended the concert.

MPF
06-29-2012, 06:21 PM
If all of this is real....

Do you think the Czech Prison will let Randy have a Casio keyboard and he can write some solo albums ala Burzum?

mankvill
06-29-2012, 06:24 PM
If all of this is real....

Do you think the Czech Prison will let Randy have a Casio keyboard and he can write some solo albums ala Burzum?

SO GODDAMN EASY TO WRITE THIS

MPF
06-29-2012, 06:28 PM
SO GODDAMN EASY TO WRITE THIS

THIS IS A MOTHERFUCKING INVITATION! THE ONLY ONE YOU EVER NEED!

mankvill
06-29-2012, 06:39 PM
THIS IS A MOTHERFUCKING INVITATION! THE ONLY ONE YOU EVER NEED!

ARE YOU TALKIN TO ME?!?!?

MPF
06-29-2012, 06:49 PM
http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instances/400x/22734985.jpg

Xenocide
06-29-2012, 07:11 PM
LOL

smearCampaign
06-29-2012, 07:44 PM
I was going to make a meme, but too lazy. Here's my vision:

Scumbag Randy Blythe:
Tells fans they have something to die for.
Kills one of them.

MPF
06-29-2012, 07:53 PM
I did make the meme I posted. all inspired from my conversation with Manks, haha

RampinUp46
06-29-2012, 10:14 PM
I was going to make a meme, but too lazy. Here's my vision:

Scumbag Randy Blythe:
Tells fans they have something to die for.
Kills one of them.

Building off that:

Tells fans to take a walk with him in hell.
Sends fan there for getting close to him.

...Not much, but hey.

dcmetal108
06-29-2012, 11:20 PM
Building off that:

Tells fans to take a walk with him in hell.
Sends fan there for getting close to him.

...Not much, but hey.

hahahahah I really like that one.

brutal_descent
06-29-2012, 11:54 PM
ARE YOU TALKIN TO ME?!?!?

:finger:

GarageMetal468
06-29-2012, 11:57 PM
How about your stupid rappers who get in night-club brawls, beat up their women like Chris Brown, or just kill each other?

Spoken like a true Lamb of God fan.

Nickweiser
06-30-2012, 08:21 AM
Randy got out this morning with a bail cost around 200,000 which is apparently more than what he makes in a year.

I just translated an online article and Randy was sporting an Obituary sweater at his court appearance. NO dress up just typical Randy fashion hahaha. The newspapers out there are saying letting this man outta jail and out of the country is a huge risk and that he is this bloodthirsty monster. VERY funny stuff to read i tell ya

detuned
06-30-2012, 08:24 AM
http://img.cas.sk/img/1/full/1326245_.jpg

http://www.blesk.cz/clanek/zpravy-udalosti/177241/metalova-hvezda-co-zabila-ceskeho-fanouska-z-basy-se-dostane-za-4-mega.html

GarageMetal468
06-30-2012, 08:54 AM
atta boy.

Coma323
06-30-2012, 12:11 PM
Randy got out this morning with a bail cost around 200,000 which is apparently more than what he makes in a year.

That's more than a lot of people make in a year...

NecroRob
06-30-2012, 06:23 PM
My point is that these guys barely get in trouble. They always end up with the minimum sentences for things they do and then the media praises them as if they are great examples to the world. I think the guys in Slayer are much better role models than rappers, yet they were villified by the mainstream.

Are you fucking nuts? People complain about rap music and musicians all the time.

And in this case with Randy I don't think these charges are all that unreasonable, and they certainly don't scream metal music witch hunt as you claim. Randy pushed a fan off the stage which caused an injury that led to the man's death. Now it's up to the legal system to decide if this action constitutes a manslaughter conviction or not.

RampinUp46
07-01-2012, 02:30 AM
Apparently, footage does exist of this incident - at least, according to this website:

http://tn.nova.cz/zpravy/cernakronika/zpevak-blynth-ktery-zabil-ceskeho-fanouska-je-ve-vazbe-ale-muze-se-vykoupit.html

XDoomsayerX
07-01-2012, 02:55 AM
Fans are always filming there has to be some video footage. Time will tell.

detuned
07-01-2012, 04:54 AM
supposed footage right here: http://tn.nova.cz/zpravy/cernakronika/zpevak-blynth-ktery-zabil-ceskeho-fanouska-je-ve-vazbe-ale-muze-se-vykoupit.html

anomynous
07-01-2012, 06:44 AM
If that is the footage, it should be hard to convict him because it shows the fan getting up there multiple times, and the "kick" wasn't even a kick, it was a push.

But most importantly, that wasn't even randy who "kicked" him. It was Mark, Willie, or John.

detuned
07-01-2012, 08:50 AM
hardly a push, looks like he grabbed him by either his hair or shirt and launched him. i would think thats not going to help his case at all.

Dextrimental
07-01-2012, 08:51 AM
Personally, I think if they're gonna convict Randy of this, then they'd best start arresting every crossover, thrash, punk and hardcore band as well, because practically every band in those scenes has stuff like this, with people being ejected from the stage either by security or the singer playfully shoving them off or what have you, and at times doing what Randy apparently did and getting annoyed at the kid. Kid's know going to these shows what it's like, and the dangers involved. Sometimes this happens, but it's just a horrible accident.

xskizzelzx90x
07-01-2012, 09:31 AM

I call BS.

this. anyone remember hearing about tila tequila at the gathering of the juggalos?

kalfitegrdan
07-01-2012, 10:47 AM
supposed footage right here: http://tn.nova.cz/zpravy/cernakronika/zpevak-blynth-ktery-zabil-ceskeho-fanouska-je-ve-vazbe-ale-muze-se-vykoupit.html

:lol: That whole video just looked like a whole propaganda piece against heavy metal and Lamb of God.

brutal_descent
07-01-2012, 11:10 AM
:lol: That whole video just looked like a whole propaganda piece against heavy metal and Lamb of God.

Using the music video for 'Redneck' didn't help :lol:

christopher
07-01-2012, 11:49 AM
this. anyone remember hearing about tila tequila at the gathering of the juggalos?

how she was just in a thong and wondered why all the juggalos wanted to rape her so badly?

TonyD
07-01-2012, 01:27 PM
No she got rocks and shit chucked at her and she was gonna sue ICP. That's a win win.

kommie
07-01-2012, 02:19 PM
it looked like it was Randy and a security guard who threw the guy back.

imanidiot777
07-01-2012, 03:53 PM
After watching that video (which wasn't easy to make out), regardless of who pushed the guy or if multiple people did, the guy tried to get up there multiple times. In modern times, especially after what happened to Dimebag, you never know if a person running on stage is dangerous or not. You'd have to be an idiot to run up there multiple times after getting stopped. Darwinism.

imanidiot777
07-02-2012, 09:58 AM
http://www.guitarworld.com/video-alleged-fatal-stage-incident-lamb-god-concert-available#comments

Video in slow motion. Security guard helped push him. The guy was already diving on his own, Randy is a skinny 41 year old guy, not Conan the Barbarian, he isn't throwing the guy 12 feet with one hand.

jd091
07-02-2012, 12:25 PM
Apparently, that video isn't of the incident in question, just a random shot of the show with someone else stagediving.

XDoomsayerX
07-02-2012, 12:31 PM
Apparently, that video isn't of the incident in question, just a random shot of the show with someone else stagediving.

Yup.

http://www.topzine.cz/fotky-lamb-of-god-v-praze-rozpoutali-peklo-na-zemi

That website has a picture of what they are talking about. Photo 5 specifically.

http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=cs&sl=cs&tl=en&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.metalopolis.net%2Fart_concerts. asp%3Fid%3D5263

crappy translation but that's a old review of the event stating Randy's actions.

Travis The Dragon
07-02-2012, 01:26 PM
He's gonna be there for at least 10 days :(
http://www.blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=176197

Solarian13
07-03-2012, 03:26 PM
A couple of longer versions of the video of the supposed incident:

http://thegauntlet.com/article/525/25672/Video-Evidence-Showing-Fatal-Skull-Fracture-In-Randy-Blythe-Incident

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BQkpR4zdJb4

Also, according to the description on the youtube clip there, there are a few eyewitnesses who say that Randy did personally knock (a) fan(s) off the stage, which is not shown in the video, so it's still possible that he was involved. But those videos definitely don't show that. So who knows...

jd091
07-04-2012, 08:31 AM
This whole situation is so fucked up...

christopher
07-05-2012, 03:25 PM
The video looks like the guitarist bumped into the guy and he rolled off the stage onto his head. It also looks like it was a 3 foot drop. I was honestly expecting some big outside stage where this happened.

treghet
07-05-2012, 03:28 PM
The video looks like the guitarist bumped into the guy and he rolled off the stage onto his head. It also looks like it was a 3 foot drop. I was honestly expecting some big outside stage where this happened.

Yeah. If that's the incident then this is just ridiculous.

kommie
07-05-2012, 04:32 PM
Also, if you look, it looks like no one bothers catching the guy when he jumps back in the crowd the first time.

John The Drummer
07-05-2012, 04:59 PM
This may sound extremely douchey, but in the end it is no ones fault but the guys own. When you get on stage to stage dive you are putting yourself at risk of getting injured, that's why so many venues have a "NO STAGE DIVING" rule, they don't want to be liable for anyones death.

MPF
07-05-2012, 04:59 PM
For Manks:

https://sphotos.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/541744_446758688690524_663174034_n.jpg

stylesclash516
07-05-2012, 05:44 PM
For Manks:

http://assets.diylol.com/hfs/040/827/65b/resized/randy-blythe-court-meme-generator-walk-with-me-in-jail-52d2a2.jpg

ravenheart
07-05-2012, 05:47 PM
This may sound extremely douchey, but in the end it is no ones fault but the guys own. When you get on stage to stage dive you are putting yourself at risk of getting injured, that's why so many venues have a "NO STAGE DIVING" rule, they don't want to be liable for anyones death.

This, start to finish.

RampinUp46
07-05-2012, 06:38 PM
Well apparently this venue was famous in the Prague metal scene for allowing stage-diving to occur in the first place when other venues wouldn't.

Nickweiser
07-05-2012, 08:58 PM

Ya you dont sound like a douche at all, just stating your opinion. This guy brought it on himself whether the venue allowed stage diving or not. Randy didnt want it there. On top of it this guy made 3 attempts, to get on stage. Enough's enough for him overwelcoming his stay

makethemsuffer12
07-05-2012, 09:18 PM
Ya you dont sound like a douche at all, just stating your opinion. This guy brought it on himself whether the venue allowed stage diving or not. Randy didnt want it there. On top of it this guy made 3 attempts, to get on stage. Enough's enough for him overwelcoming his stay

Sorry, but fo' realz?

jd091
07-06-2012, 07:53 AM
http://i.imgur.com/K2gLB.jpg

300%_Density
07-06-2012, 08:04 AM

^Love this

XDoomsayerX
07-06-2012, 10:05 AM
Manslaughter=/=murder therefore his "beating" of this fan could have accounted for death unintentionally. However, it's all about the evidence though and it's definitely iffy. All these old reviews do state Randy and company aren't big on stagedivers and let their fans know through physical action. That pic of Randy holding the dude down by the throat, that seems excessive to me. Idk so many bands let their fans stage dive and don't get all angry. Hell when I saw Down people stagedove at a non stage dive venue, Grove of Anaheim. One dude got grabbed by security and Phil said let the kid go/let him jump just having a good time. Something along those lines.

RampinUp46
07-08-2012, 02:14 AM
http://thegauntlet.com/article/525/25700/Calling-Question-Into-The-Evidence-Against-Randy-Blythe

Thanks to The Gauntlet, there's now a picture of the security guard that grabbed the fan and threw him to the ground.

...Goddamn, how many times have I posted in this thread? :eyes:

Nickweiser
07-08-2012, 09:14 AM
apparently the gauntlet has vids of this show up which show this security guard doing the damage and not randy. i haven't watched the videos yet, but if this is true why is this guy not being involved for questioning and its still randy?!

hellawaits77ny
07-08-2012, 10:59 AM

Thumper!

mankvill
07-08-2012, 11:09 AM
The fan obviously pizza'd when he should have french fry'd.

TheDeadPanda
07-08-2012, 11:37 AM
The fan obviously pizza'd when he should have french fry'd.

Win.

AnthG
07-08-2012, 06:50 PM
The fan's name might as well have been Stan Darsh.

imanidiot777
07-09-2012, 05:23 AM
I've been wondering the whole time why the security guard is free and Randy isn't. I personally don't think either of them should be in trouble for this, but even if the guard did nothing worse than Randy, he was still involved; so why was only Randy arrested? This whole thing stinks

AnataFan4Life
07-09-2012, 08:13 AM
http://www.metalinjection.net/latest-news/prosecution-rejects-randy-blythes-bail-still-detained-after-two-weeks

Blythe's bail was rejected. This bullshit is just getting out of hand now.

the deathmetaler
07-09-2012, 09:14 AM
http://www.metalinjection.net/latest-news/prosecution-rejects-randy-blythes-bail-still-detained-after-two-weeks

Blythe's bail was rejected. This bullshit is just getting out of hand now.

I wonder if the tour will be cancelled.

jd091
07-09-2012, 09:25 AM
Man, I don't even know what to think of this anymore. There's absolutely nothing we can do, either. This is all in a government's hands that we have no influence over. Damn.

imanidiot777
07-09-2012, 11:05 AM
I've said it many times and I'll say it again: this whole thing stinks of government trying to bury an anti-government (for the most part) band on any technicality they can.

And we can do something about it, like we have done with any other case of American's being detained in foreign countries for stupid reasons. But we won't; again, because the government and mainstream world despise heavy metal and think it is a bad influence.

WOLVERINEKILLS
07-09-2012, 11:21 AM
I wonder if the tour will be cancelled.

While I don't know if it would be cancelled they don't have many options. I bet they hold out until a week before the tour or until we find out if Randy must remain in the Czech Republic after his bail hearing, whenever that is.

WOLVERINEKILLS
07-09-2012, 11:22 AM
I've said it many times and I'll say it again: this whole thing stinks of government trying to bury an anti-government (for the most part) band on any technicality they can.

And we can do something about it, like we have done with any other case of American's being detained in foreign countries for stupid reasons. But we won't; again, because the government and mainstream world despise heavy metal and think it is a bad influence.

Agreed.

DisposableJustice
07-09-2012, 11:59 AM
To be honest if I was a citizen of the Czech Republic I would think this is a massive waste of money and resources; granted it is tragic the fan died but because it isn't 100% clear that Randy was totally responsible for the accident, and it's not like Randy walked up to someone in the middle of the street in daylight and stabbed him; unless there is a trump card the police are holding we don't know about, shouldn't the court spend more time real criminals in Prague?

Quite frankly I don't care about LOG but this is insanity

larvtard
07-09-2012, 12:04 PM

Indestructible 2.0

street_burial
07-11-2012, 12:35 PM
http://thegauntlet.com/article/525/25739/The-New-Evidence-Against-Randy-Blythe

MPF
07-11-2012, 12:58 PM
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOoooooooooooooooooooooooh SHIT!

mankvill
07-11-2012, 01:20 PM
all he's doing is kissing the fan

jd091
07-11-2012, 02:27 PM
^ lol

But really, is that enough to convict him? It's probably enough to keep trials going long enough that I'll miss them on this goddamn dethklok tour :pissed:

hellawaits77ny
07-11-2012, 02:43 PM
With how fucked up things can be in trials when the defendant is from another country, I believe Randy will be found guilty and serve some serious time. I seriously hope it doesn;t turn out like this, but I think it will.

anomynous
07-11-2012, 02:45 PM
I really hope the LoG/Dethklok tour isn't cancelled.

Just get someone to fill in for Randy

rjturtle9
07-11-2012, 03:02 PM
Just get someone to fill in for Randy

That's just not gonna happen...

What Hell is About
07-11-2012, 04:33 PM
Wow the latest photos are pretty damning. Randy looks like he was totally in the wrong with how he handled it, and that makes me respect him a little less but it has nothing to do with the kid dying.

This whole situation is wrong and the government there needs to get its act together and formally decide where this is going. It's not fair to Randy or any other person who would be in his shoes.

That being said I don't think it was right for Randy to do what he did after seeing those photos. The Venue's security should be held more accountable for their inaction, but there is no reason a person on stage can say they are defending themselves like that. Sorry. But that's still not manslaughter and the kid didn't die of suffocation!

It shouldn't matter if the kid was enjoying himself or not, it cost him his life when none of these events should've happened if security would've been more professional. I'd like to see a non close up of the pictures to see where they were at while Randy pinned him down.

anomynous
07-11-2012, 08:02 PM
That's just not gonna happen...

It will if they turn it into a free randy campaign

imanidiot777
07-12-2012, 03:59 AM
Just read The Gauntlet's article on it. He still hasn't even been charged with anything? What kind of archaic laws does Czech Republic have? Or do they just not follow them? To someone who has never been to a metal show those photos could definitely be damning but the writer points out why they aren't bad and I think he is correct. Time to send in SEAL team.

imanidiot777
07-12-2012, 08:50 AM
This is getting pretty big. Ozzy, Slash, David Draiman, and various others are tweeting with hashtag #FreeRandyBlythe and giving out the Prague US Embassy phone number to call.

Sanitarium78
07-12-2012, 09:59 AM
This is getting pretty big. Ozzy, Slash, David Draiman, and various others are tweeting with hashtag #FreeRandyBlythe and giving out the Prague US Embassy phone number to call.

Yes it is getting big. There's link on the previous page of this thread that gives an update on the situation and it has a link for a petition you can sign to try and bring this to the attention of US government officials. I doubt it will work but someone has to take some kind of action since a US citizen is being held with no charges in a foreign country.

AnthG
07-12-2012, 07:04 PM
Emotions continue to run high surrounding the case of Randy Blythe, imprisoned for two weeks now in the Czech Republic for the alleged manslaughter of a concertgoer. After all, the Lamb of God frontman is a popular and much beloved performer in one of metal’s most recognized contemporary acts. If you don’t have an opinion on Randy Blythe and what’s going on with him right now, chances are you aren’t even reading these words.

While sites such as, though hardly limited to, The Gauntlet and, dare I say, MetalSucks continue to undermine the already muddled argument that “blogging is journalism” by posting every specious bit of gossip related to this case, I don’t want to dwell on Blythe’s innocence or guilt here. Frankly, despite emphatic gotchas and amateurish Zapruder-type over-analysis, we simply don’t know enough. The word “evidence” has been abused so badly since this story first broke that I’d be terrified to have many of you on a jury of my peers. It is a shame that outlets like the New York Times aren’t covering this case, as the gravity of Blythe’s case and the charges he faces deserve better than shoddy, tabloid coverage it has received from the blogosphere.

What I’ve had a hard time stomaching these last couple of weeks is some of the arguments and sentiments that have come from Blythe’s supporters, including Alex Skolnick, who recently posted about his friend on his website. After several heartfelt paragraphs expressing his personal relationship with Blythe, the former Testament guitarist closed with the following lines:

One would like to think that simply being an American citizen comes with certain inalienable protection against mistreatment by foreign justice systems, especially those of European Union countries such as the Czech Republic. And it would seem like being a four time Grammy nominated singer would help. Apparently not.

While I’m neither a lawyer nor a foreign policy expert, it doesn’t take much to recognize this myopic interpretation of American exceptionalism. While the notion is one that dates back to the 1800s, the term became part of the online partisan lexicon thanks to the divisive foreign policy of George W. Bush. (I imagine Canadian readers foaming at the mouth at the mere sight of the phrase.) We were told over-and-over again that America is “different” and apparently this concept has become so ingrained that several among us wrongheadedly somehow think that it applies to Blythe’s case.

Like it or not, alleged crimes committed abroad by Americans—even those who’ve been nominated for commercial music prizes—are generally subject to the laws of the country where it happened and, accordingly, those accused are tried there when possible. Though it may anger you because of your love for Lamb Of God, the prosecution that represents the people and the laws of the Czech Republic are reasonably well within their rights to hold Blythe in custody. Unless he has been denied counsel, tortured, or barred from interacting with the U.S. Embassy directly or indirectly, even by international law standards his detention does not qualify as mistreatment.

It is also reasonable of the prosecution to consider Blythe a flight risk, as he is not a Czech citizen, has no ties to the community, and potentially has the means to flee, either from his own funds or from those of his high-profile supporters. If he were to make bail and skip town, I have a hard time believing the U.S. would be particularly aggressive in extraditing Blythe back to the Czech Republic.

Randy Blythe is not a political prisoner. He is, by many accounts, a good man caught in an unfortunate situation. But neither his American citizenship nor his popularity should afford him any additional privileges or rights than anyone else charged with what he’s been charged with. After all, a man is dead, and that inconvenient fact seems to have escaped Blythe’s supporters’ rhetoric except to subsequently dismiss it. Governments have a duty to seek justice. As much as it pains much of the metal community, we have to let this one play out.
http://www.metalsucks.net/2012/07/12/randy-blythe-and-the-new-american-gospel-of-exceptionalism/

imanidiot777
07-13-2012, 03:30 PM
That is 100% incorrect. The US and Czech Republic have an extradition treaty, therefore his leaving doesn't matter. Secondly, there haven't even been charges FILED yet and to hold someone indefinitely without even attempting to prosecute IS mistreatment. There isn't even process taking place yet and THAT is the issue.

John The Drummer
07-14-2012, 01:45 PM
So..... is the tour still on or not? I was thinking of getting tickets today :eyes: .....

Sepultura69
07-14-2012, 01:57 PM
Tom Araya from Slayer had this to say...

SLAYER bassist/vocalist Tom Araya (pictured below) is one of a number of musicians who have come out in support of LAMB OF GOD frontman Randy Blythe, who is facing manslaughter charges in the Czech Republic.

Blythe, 41, is accused of causing the fatal injury that occurred at LAMB OF GOD's May 24, 2010 show in Prague. The singer allegedly either pushed or struck a 19-year-old fan named Daniel N. — a guitarist in a local metal band — and that person died almost a month later of bleeding in the brain.

Randy has been charged with causing "bodily harm of the fourth degree, resulting in the death of a fan" and faces up to 10 years in prison if convicted.

Speaking to Fitz Madrid, afternoon DJ at the Phoenix, Arizona radio station 98 KUPD, Araya said (hear audio below), "[Randy did] what anybody in a band would do — a kids gets up on stage and you push him off, and that's where the discrepancy is. I haven't seen [video footage of the alleged incident], and [the people that have supposedly seen it] said it's pretty obvious in the video clip what was going on and what happened. I haven't seen it, so I can't tell you what I think. But it's like anything else — a kid gets on stage, and you push him off. And whatever happens to him down there afterwards… First [and] foremost, they have security there so kids don't get on stage. But they also have security there so the kids don't hurt themselves when they come over the [barricade or when they try to come up on stage]. So it's like a two-deal thing."

He added, "I feel sorry for [Randy], 'cause now he's stuck in this spot. It's kind of hard to say if it would have been a different outcome had he not touched the kid or if it'd still be the same outcome. I hope that it gets settled and I hope that he can get home. That's just not cool."

He continued, "Nowadays, you have to really think about that kind of shit. I hate to say this, 25 years ago, stuff like that, if it happened, it happened. Nowadays, if it's happened, everybody's discovered that they have 'rights.' Rights are great, but you also have to share in the responsibility. You have to be a responsible person. You have to be responsible for your own action. Randy has to be responsible for his action of whatever he did. But the kid has to be responsible for the action he took upon himself to get up on the stage. [He] took the initiative to do that. [The security] guys [apparently] said, 'No, you can't do that.' And apparently [the kid] tried several times [to get up on stage].

"To me, we all carry the burden of our own responsibility — being responsible for our own actions and ourselves; we all share in that. Everybody needs to understand that, and that's something that people don't understand these days. Now, whenever something happens, it's like, 'You did this to me.' It's like, 'Well, we told you not to go there and you did it ten times. And the tenth time, we're like, 'OK, buddy. How you're gonna get it through your thick skull? Get the fuck out.' You know what I mean?!"

it's funny...reading this reminds me of something that happened when I was at Mayhem Fest in 2009. I'm pretty sure Rjturtle and everyone else who attended this remembers...

During "Pyscopathy Red", a fan runs right up on the stage and go's towards tom araya and starts head banging, out of no where Tom Just shoves the kid off the stage, still...no ones is to be blame but that idiot who ran up on stage towards Toms direction.... here is a video to get a better understanding at what I'm talking about....

At exactly 1:20 a fan runs on stage towards tom and tom shoves the kid off stage...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f8MQJGYr93g

hiddenzombie013
07-14-2012, 02:52 PM
So..... is the tour still on or not? I was thinking of getting tickets today :eyes: .....

It hasn't been canceled yet, but obviously if Randy is kept for much longer than they'll be forced to cancel it. Even if he does get out, there's no guarantee he'll still want to do the tour (which I can't say I'd blame him). This was one of my most-anticipated shows of the year, so I'll be incredibly bummed, but it is what it is. I hope that Dethklok tours anyways though, whether it's just with Gojira or they add another band too.

brutal_descent
07-14-2012, 02:59 PM
6,666 views :dgrin:

Jochen
07-14-2012, 07:26 PM
Tom Araya from Slayer had this to say...

it's funny...reading this reminds me of something that happened when I was at Mayhem Fest in 2009. I'm pretty sure Rjturtle and everyone else who attended this remembers...

During "Pyscopathy Red", a fan runs right up on the stage and go's towards tom araya and starts head banging, out of no where Tom Just shoves the kid off the stage, still...no ones is to be blame but that idiot who ran up on stage towards Toms direction.... here is a video to get a better understanding at what I'm talking about....

At exactly 1:20 a fan runs on stage towards tom and tom shoves the kid off stage...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f8MQJGYr93g

That video was the first thing I thought of when this whole thing with Randy happened. I was kind of surprised that nothing came of that video, and I think Tom's shoved a good amount of people off stage. If I remember correctly, he does it in Live Intrusion.

stylesclash516
07-15-2012, 08:23 AM
As soon as I saw Tom Araya commenting on Randy Blythe I thought of this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BwLtTa2trRs (skip to 1:14)

imanidiot777
07-17-2012, 05:11 AM
http://m.metalhammer.co.uk/news/randy-blythe-speaks-about-arrest/

ravenheart
07-17-2012, 05:31 AM
http://m.metalhammer.co.uk/news/randy-blythe-speaks-about-arrest/

Someone needs to teach him how to put contact lenses in.

imanidiot777
07-17-2012, 05:50 AM
Someone needs to teach him how to put contact lenses in.

I feel like putting those in and then performing the way he does would just result in those getting lost.

ravenheart
07-17-2012, 06:41 AM
I feel like putting those in and then performing the way he does would just result in those getting lost.

Well you say that, but American Football and rugby players play with them in...

Maybe he should wear some super-trendy shades with prescription lenses in ;)

300%_Density
07-17-2012, 07:54 AM
Well you say that, but American Football and rugby players play with them in...

Maybe he should wear some super-trendy shades with prescription lenses in ;)

If you want to get SUPER trendy. Wear the black rim glasses that don't have the lenses in them that have become popular in the NBA.

RampinUp46
07-17-2012, 08:47 AM

I made the mistake of windmilling at Behemoth with my glasses on.

...They went off my face, bounced on the stage, and almost got crushed by the guitarist of Lightning Swords of Death. The fact that I got them back at all was amazing.

street_burial
07-17-2012, 09:32 AM
The latest update on Randy Blythe brings good news and bad news. According to Czech news site iDNES.cz, a Prague Municipal Court has now dismissed the prosecutor’s complaint to deny Blythe bail. In other words, after nearly three weeks of being prison, Blythe may now be released from custody.

The bad news, however, is that the cost Blythe’s bail has been doubled, from $200,000 to $400,000. Previous statements made by Blythe’s attornies indicate that this may be as much two years’ salary for Blythe.

Furthermore, as previously reported, the prosecutor can file another complaint against the latest decision, which would further delay Blythe’s release even if he does pay the $400k. Given that the prosecutor has persued every opportunity to deny Blythe’s release on bail, it seems like a sure bet that he’ll pursue this course of action.

More news as we get it. In the meantime, you can read Blythe’s first interview since he was arrested here.

http://www.metalsucks.net/2012/07/17/breaking-prosecutors-motion-to-deny-randy-blythe-bail-overruled-but-judge-doubles-bail-amount/

MPF
07-17-2012, 11:06 PM
http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instances/400x/23622189.jpg

detuned
08-03-2012, 04:32 AM
"I can confirm that [Blythe] was released yesterday afternoon," Gabriela Pohlová, a spokeswoman for the prison, said on Friday (August 3). (http://www.blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=177649)

ravenheart
08-03-2012, 04:44 AM
If you want to get SUPER trendy. Wear the black rim glasses that don't have the lenses in them that have become popular in the NBA.

What? That sounds exceptionally lame.

hellawaits77ny
08-03-2012, 05:48 AM

No seriously. That has become extremely popular among young black hipsters. Well, I shouldn't say just black hipsters. Seen plenty of whites and Asians where similarly stupid shit.

300%_Density
08-03-2012, 06:17 AM

Sadly I bring you exhibit A

http://rantsports.wpengine.netdna-cdn.com/courtcrusades/files/2012/06/dwyane-wade-glasses.jpg

treghet
08-03-2012, 06:43 AM
Sadly I bring you Xzibit B

http://hostthenpost.org/uploads/6ed3789fbcb55e4b3133ca3a405eed7f.jpg

detuned
08-03-2012, 07:06 AM
After 5 weeks in a prison in Prague in the Czech Republic, Randy Blythe has been released on bail and is returning to the United States. Although Lamb of God has cancelled their summer co-headline tour with Dethklok, the band has agreed to play the Knotfest shows, August 17th in Council Bluffs, Iowa and August 18th in Somerset, Wisconsin.

The band is currently targeting October 26th as the start date for a U.S tour. Dates and cities will be released as soon as possible. Randy will be making a public statement discussing his time in Prague and thanking fans worldwide for their support in the next week.

Randy Blythe was detained in a jail in Prague, Czech Republic for five weeks. He was arrested on June 27th on manslaughter charges following a fans death more than two years ago.
http://www.thegauntlet.com/article/525/25939/Randy-Blythe-is-free;-LAMB-OF-GOD-To-Play-Knotfest;-New-Headlining-Tour-In-October

imanidiot777
08-03-2012, 07:21 AM
http://www.thegauntlet.com/article/525/25939/Randy-Blythe-is-free;-LAMB-OF-GOD-To-Play-Knotfest;-New-Headlining-Tour-In-October

Much better. :rocker:

christopher
08-03-2012, 09:39 AM
Finally!!:party:

WOLVERINEKILLS
08-03-2012, 09:42 AM
Much better. :rocker:

Now if they would give thegauntlet credit on his website:

http://www.theprp.com/2012/08/03/news/lamb-of-god-camp-release-official-statement-on-randy-blythes-release-new-tours-being-planned/

TonyD
08-03-2012, 09:52 AM
That's good news... but they could've just cancelled/rescheduled the first few dates to loop back around at the end of the tour :mad:

WOLVERINEKILLS
08-03-2012, 09:54 AM
That's good news... but they could've just cancelled/rescheduled the first few dates to loop back around at the end of the tour :mad:

I agree. They knew he would likely be out this week.

detuned
08-03-2012, 09:58 AM
Now if they would give thegauntlet credit on his website:

http://www.theprp.com/2012/08/03/news/lamb-of-god-camp-release-official-statement-on-randy-blythes-release-new-tours-being-planned/
pull up a chair and ill explain to you a magical and wondrous thing called a PRESS RELEASE

also, not my website

WOLVERINEKILLS
08-03-2012, 10:08 AM
pull up a chair and ill explain to you a magical and wondrous thing called a PRESS RELEASE

also, not my website

My bad. I just figured since you credited thegauntlet here and that you post news for theprp.com (unless I am mistaken) that you would credit them there too...

detuned
08-03-2012, 10:21 AM
you are indeed mistaken

WOLVERINEKILLS
08-03-2012, 12:20 PM
Randy's first post jail interview:

http://www.metalinsider.net/interviews/lamb-of-gods-randy-blythe-gives-first-post-prison-interview

What Hell is About
08-03-2012, 01:45 PM
Glad he's out, great interview!

For the love of Gojira, tour in October-November before the Mayhem Cruise please!

Travis The Dragon
08-03-2012, 02:06 PM
So glad he's free!

treghet
08-03-2012, 02:17 PM
It's good that he's finally out. Although I'm not a Lamb of God fan, I look forward to reading his lyrics about the ordeal.

BloodoftheKings
08-06-2012, 12:14 PM
Randy's statement to the fans.

"Greetings. This is D. Randall Blythe, checking in from my beloved hometown of Richmond, VA, United States of America. I was recently released on bail from Pankrác Prison in Prague, Czech Republic, after over a month of incarceration. Now that I am out for the moment, I would like to say a few things.

"1. While in prison, I had minimal knowledge of how my case was viewed anywhere but the Czech Republic. I was told by my attorney that I had a lot support from peers in the music industry, my hometown, fans, and of course my family. I cannot express how emotional it made me upon my release to read about even a fraction of the voices that were raised on my behalf. From legends in my music community, to fans across the world, and even people who were previously unaware of my existence but sympathized with my plight- I am truly humbled. I cannot thank you enough for your thoughts and prayers. I would especially like to thank the people of Richmond, VA, for standing by me. In the 48 hours I have been home, many people I have never met before have stopped me on the street, waved and smiled as I passed by, or said hello in a restaurant. All have said "We are glad you are home, Randy". You all make me proud and grateful that I call Richmond home.

"2. I would like state that I suffered no abuse, from either authorities or inmates, during my incarceration in Pankrác. I received no special treatment, and was in general population with everyone else- make no mistake, it was prison, not some celebrity rehab tv show. But I was treated fairly by the guards and kindly by my fellow inmates. People are dying of starvation all over the world. Men and women are losing their lives daily in the Middle East and other war torn regions. I had food, clothes, shelter, and no one was trying to kill me. I cannot complain over a short stay in prison while many people elsewhere fight to survive on a daily basis.

"3. If it is deemed necessary for me to do so, I WILL return to Prague to stand trial. While I maintain my innocence 100%, and will do so steadfastly, I will NOT hide in the United States, safe from extradition and possible prosecution. As I write this, the family of a fan of my band suffers through the indescribably tragic loss of their child. They have to deal with constantly varying media reports about the circumstances surrounding his death. I am charged with maliciously causing severe bodily harm to this young man, resulting in his death. While I consider the charge leveled against me ludicrous and without qualification, my opinion makes no difference in this matter. The charge exists, and for the family of this young man, questions remain. The worst possible pain remains. It is fairly common knowledge amongst fans of my band that I once lost a child as well. I, unfortunately, am intimately familiar with what their pain is like. Therefore, I know all too well that in their time of grief, this family needs and deserves some real answers, not a media explosion followed by the accused killer of their son hiding like a coward thousands of miles away while they suffer. I am a man. I was raised to face my problems head on, not run from them like a petulant child. I hope that justice is done, and the family of Daniel N. will receive the closure they undoubtably need to facilitate healing. I feel VERY STRONGLY that as an adult, it would be both irresponsible and immoral for me not to return to Prague if I am summoned. This is not about bail money. This is about a young man who lost his life. I will act with honor, and I will fight to clear my good name in this matter. Thank you for reading this, and I wish you all peace."

imanidiot777
08-07-2012, 04:49 AM
Randy seems like a likeable guy on a personal level, at least nowadays, maybe not 10 years ago. He portrayed himself as a human well and not some screaming psycho like people outside the heavy metal world would see him, and I am sure that post was also intended for anyone who might see it that is involved with his case.