PDA

View Full Version : New As I Lay Dying song available. New album due in September.

Travis The Dragon
06-27-2012, 02:10 PM
http://blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=175962

Stream the song here (http://new.official.fm/tracks/sQDj).

I'm loving the new song so much! The way they combine the clean and growling vocals is super sweet!

mankvill
06-27-2012, 02:30 PM
Eh. I feel like this would've been huge in 2004, now I'm kind of surprised this band is still getting by releasing this kind of music.

That said, they do this kind of music almost better than anyone else. If I was going to Mayhem Fest, they'd be opening the mainstage on my date. I'd be super okay with that.

kommie
06-27-2012, 05:01 PM
praise jesus.

treghet
06-27-2012, 07:00 PM
Eh. I feel like this would've been huge in 2004, now I'm kind of surprised this band is still getting by releasing this kind of music.

That said, they do this kind of music almost better than anyone else. If I was going to Mayhem Fest, they'd be opening the mainstage on my date. I'd be super okay with that.

The metalcore trend is still going strong. Not as much as some years ago, but it's definitely still popular. Deathcore is what is slowly dying.

I agree. They're easily the best of their kind. I wouldn't mind seeing them either.

redven
06-27-2012, 09:11 PM
It's not horrible but they're capable of much better music.

They have the talent. But this sounded like the last record and I thought that was boring.

masterguy49
06-27-2012, 10:32 PM
I enjoy it. They kick ass live too, definitely one of the better shows of 2011 for me, can't wait to hear the new album

xskizzelzx90x
06-28-2012, 10:27 AM
I still really like this song, soooo geeked to finally see em.

jd091
06-28-2012, 02:54 PM
:shred: I'm loving it! One of the few metalcore bands that have consistently released awesome shit.

MPF
06-28-2012, 03:10 PM
The clean vocals aren't faggy this time around. I can dig this.

jd091
06-28-2012, 05:13 PM
The clean vocals aren't faggy this time around. I can dig this.

You thought they used to be faggy? :confused:

MPF
06-28-2012, 05:39 PM
You thought they used to be faggy? :confused:

On the last album, yes. Its the only time AILD's vocals ever bothered me. I've never had a problem with the band, they keep getting heavier, which I like a lot. But the clean vocals on the last album made it unlistenable.

Nater
06-28-2012, 05:55 PM
It's better then the last album. I always prefered stuff like this over their more recent material.

Travis The Dragon
06-28-2012, 08:39 PM
On the last album, yes. Its the only time AILD's vocals ever bothered me. I've never had a problem with the band, they keep getting heavier, which I like a lot. But the clean vocals on the last album made it unlistenable.

That's because they got a different bass player. Even though I like his clean vocals better, I can hear how some would consider them to be gay sounding as well.

Travis The Dragon
09-19-2012, 07:04 PM
Audio samples of the full album: http://soundcloud.com/as-i-lay-dying-official/sets/awakened-album-preview

CreptorStatus
09-20-2012, 07:44 AM
A pretty decent band but their last album fell a little short for me. Nothing super memorable. I have a feeling this album may fall in the same category.

Travis The Dragon
09-20-2012, 02:40 PM
I've heard the whole album now and it is a bit on the simpler, straight forward side. Songs go in a more verse-chorus-same verse-same chorus style as compared to past albums where they would do something different after the first chorus. It does have a quite a few sweet guitar riffs and a few new, different types of things they haven't tried before though. Also, it's lacking lead guitar solos. Both players are really good at that and they should show it off more. All in all, I enjoy it quite a bit. My favorite songs are Resilience and Wasted Words. The pre-chorus and chorus in WW are sweet!