I'm Eighteen
No More Mr. Nice Guy
Hey Stoopid
Billion Dollar Babies
Feed My Frankenstein
Poison
Wicked Young Man
I Love The Dead
School's Out (Another Brick in The Wall parts at the end)

First time seeing Alice & he put on an excellent performance. Strong voice & awesome theatrics. Didn't realize Orianthi was playing guitar for him, that was a nice surprise.

Iron Maiden (9:00-10:55)
Moonchild
Can I Play With Madness
The Prisoner
2 Minutes to Midnight
Afraid To Shoot Strangers
The Trooper
The Number Of The Beast
Phantom Of The Opera
Run To The Hills
Wasted Years
Seventh Son Of A Seventh Son
The Clairvoyant
Fear Of The Dark
Iron Maiden
Aces High
The Evil That Men Do
Running Free

I was legitimately 5 feet away from the stage, so I really don't have much to complain about. Show & performance wise, Maiden brought their A-game, big time. My only complaint is that Adrian was buried in the mix all night. Other than that, both bands were damn near perfection. $97 well spent. Long Island, you're in for a treat tomorrow night.

LIVEtoROCK86
06-26-2012, 10:19 PM
Don't post setlists when it's the same for the whole tour. It's redundant.

treghet
06-26-2012, 10:22 PM

People will want to check to see this if they add Infinite Dreams or not. Then there's the fact that it's Iron Maiden, so people will look regardless if anything changes. Oh, and not to mention that he was actually at the show.

WOLVERINEKILLS
06-26-2012, 10:26 PM

And while we are at it lets shut down the website too, right? :eyes:

I enjoy reading the reviews if the bands I like.

mankvill
06-26-2012, 10:29 PM

Multiple threads for one tour is okay, as long as it has some sort of a review.

Even multiple setlists for the same show is okay, but they have to have personal reviews.

LIVEtoROCK86
06-26-2012, 10:37 PM
And while we are at it lets shut down the website too, right? :eyes:

I enjoy reading the reviews if the bands I like.

Don't be ridiculous. I just think it's pointless to read the same thread 10 times if the set is the same.

Nater
06-26-2012, 10:40 PM
I was at the show tonight and man was I so happy I went. Work ended up getting canceled so I called my buddy up and was like "lets go see Iron Maiden." we missed them in 05/06 so we needed to go. Found a couple seats on stubhub in the open air section for what they were charging for lawn seats. Got those and man was it amazing. It was our first time seeing Maiden and I will say I will never miss them again when they come around. Everything was perfect. The set was fantastic and getting to hear it all live and in person was something I will never forget. :rocker:

Cooper was awesome too. I think he sounded better then he did on the Rob Zombie tour.

street_burial
06-26-2012, 10:41 PM
Don't be ridiculous. I just think it's pointless to read the same thread 10 times if the set is the same.

Don't like it? Leave the website. Sit back and quit your bitching and complaining about a subject that is only relevant when a band like Maiden tours.

LIVEtoROCK86
06-26-2012, 10:41 PM
People will want to check to see this if they add Infinite Dreams or not. Then there's the fact that it's Iron Maiden, so people will look regardless if anything changes. Oh, and not to mention that he was actually at the show.

If they add Infinite Dreams then it's post worthy since it's different, that's my point. Not if it's 100% the same every night. I actually never understood why bands play the same set night to night. It's not only boring for the crowd, but especially the band. Change it up, make it exciting.

treghet
06-26-2012, 10:43 PM
If they add Infinite Dreams then it's post worthy since it's different, that's my point. Not if it's 100% the same every night. I actually never understood why bands play the same set night to night. It's not only boring for the crowd, but especially the band. Change it up, make it exciting.

If nobody posted it then how would we know they didn't play it? :lol:

Nater
06-26-2012, 10:44 PM

Because there are people like me and lots of people who want to hear these songs and won't get super pissed when they play the same setlist because they are only going to one show on the tour. Next tour won't be the same as this hell it will prolly lose most of the seventh son stuff if anything.

christopher
06-27-2012, 12:19 AM

Well how about this. Every time you see Iron Maiden pop up in the Latest Set Lists section, don't click on it. I'm sure most people on this site who attend this tour are going to post a thread about it and tell about how it was incredible. For instance, PVH5150 posted he was only 5 feet away for Maiden. That's pretty fucking cool. I remember seeing Maiden for that far away and my mind was blown. I like hearing how people get excited over that. I some people on here like reading my nonsensical bull shit from time to time.

TiradesOfTruth
06-27-2012, 04:17 AM

Easy solution don't look at the damn thread then.

tenchimyo
06-27-2012, 04:24 AM
people are so ridiculous.

Set List + (hopefully) review = what this site is mainly concerned with. That Alice set looked slightly tweaked. SLIGHTLY. that's different, champ

Steev
06-27-2012, 04:49 AM
yeah Ive looked at each one

anyone catch anything from Maiden or Alice???

electrocute1031
06-27-2012, 06:28 AM
Went to this last night, can't move my neck this morning. The show was really awesome. Alice was incredible, as always, and the response from the crowd was awesome. It was cool seeing Ryan Roxie playing for Alice, he along with the rest of the band were spot on the entire set. I'm sort of an Alice fan boy so for me there aren't many bands that can follow him, however Iron Maiden is one of them. Iron Maiden was amazing. For me highlights included: The Prisoner, Aces High, Seventh Son, Clairvoyant. The whole set was incredible, tons of pyro, Eddie's, and of course the band itself. I agree the mix was a bit off, and I believe the band was having some trouble with stage monitors since a couple of crew members came out and did some work on them. All in all it was an amazing show, and a great way to kick off the summer.

Alice Cooper: 10/10
Iron Maiden:10/10

toolfansat
06-27-2012, 06:37 AM
Good show for my first ever Maiden concert... Although the sound was pretty off for the first half of the set - I couldn't hear Bruce or the guitars at all. I thought maybe I was in one of the Comcast Center's infamous "Dead spots", but I talked to some coworkers who were there in other sections and they thought the same thing. The other thing we all agreed on was that Bruce didn't seem "on" last night. Having never seen them before, I had nothing to compare to, but my 2 friends have seen them many times and thought that. In fact, he looked a little sick when they showed him up-close on the video screens. Who knows....?

Alice was great as usual, and as someone pointed out, it was a nice surprise to see Orianthi in the band now!

Overall, I give the night a 8/10. (Having seen Rammstein a few times, nobody else's show even comes close....)

(Resisting temptation to post the setlist here...) :eek:

Zla Vydra
06-27-2012, 06:39 AM
[QUOTE=toolfansat;473981] The other thing we all agreed on was that Bruce didn't seem "on" last night. Having never seen them before, I had nothing to compare to, but my 2 friends have seen them many times and thought that. In fact, he looked a little sick when they showed him up-close on the video screens. Who knows....?

QUOTE]

You know, I was thinking the exact same thing when I saw the show in Atlanta, but no one else brought it up. Bruce didn't seem 100% right. I thought he might be a little under the weather as well.

powerslave_85
06-27-2012, 07:49 AM
Fucking great show. Phantom, Aces High, Prisoner, and Seventh Son were the highlights for me. The stage/Eddies were so awesome. Definitely agree about the sound problems; I could barely hear Dave's solos at all. Also, I was seated next to the most obnoxious, Masshole-y douchebag of all time :hecho:

PlaysWithKnives
06-27-2012, 09:32 AM
Still waiting patiently for Infinite Dreams. Nice reviews from all who went. I'm really liking the Cooper set. Love that Billion Dollar Babies is in. Can't wait to see them soon.

detuned
06-27-2012, 09:35 AM
believe it or not, like 99.9% of people who go to shows dont seek out and obsess over setlists on the internet and dont care that its the same every night.

as for why huge bands like this play the same setlists every night, the big reason is they are putting on a highly produced "show" (lights, pyro, etc) that doesnt really allow for much deviation. and then you know, theres the need to please that afforementioned 99.9% of people who dont give a shit about deepcuts and just want to hear the "hits". not to mention any band, especially one with such a large catalog, can only have so many songs rehearsed.

marker
06-27-2012, 10:07 AM
If nobody posted it then how would we know they didn't play it? :lol:

Exactly what I was thinking, and the tour is still pretty new. And if op didn't post it somebody else would anyways. Good review.

christopher
06-27-2012, 10:12 AM
believe it or not, like 99.9% of people who go to shows dont seek out and obsess over setlists on the internet and dont care that its the same every night.

as for why huge bands like this play the same setlists every night, the big reason is they are putting on a highly produced "show" (lights, pyro, etc) that doesnt really allow for much deviation. and then you know, theres the need to please that afforementioned 99.9% of people who dont give a shit about deepcuts and just want to hear the "hits". not to mention any band, especially one with such a large catalog, can only have so many songs rehearsed.

This. My friend went to see Maiden two nights in a row back on the 08 tour and he said Bruce gave the same speech between songs both nights :lol:

toolfansat
06-27-2012, 10:26 AM
In Ace Frehley's book "No Regrets" he says that one of the big reasons he left KISS was because the show was getting so "produced". With all the lighting cues, pyro cues, etc , there was little or no room to improvise anymore and the gigs were identical from night to night.... He would find his mind wandering during the show since he didnt even need to think about the playing or the performance anymore.

Travis The Dragon
06-27-2012, 10:52 AM

Metallica has a highly produced show and they change their set every night.

christopher
06-27-2012, 11:00 AM
Metallica has a highly produced show and they change their set every night.

Metallica's show allows them to change things up. Iron Maiden has a lot more involved. Metallica doesn't have giant Eddies walking on and off stage and other big effects. When Metallica plays the special Black Album shows, they pretty much play the same set every night.

Sanitarium78
06-27-2012, 02:46 PM
Nicko was on Eddie Trunk's show on monday and said the reason Hallowed isn't in the set is because the original set they had planned was going to be too brutal on Bruce's voice to sing night after night. So they did some rearranging and decided to take it out. He didn't say anything about Infinite Dreams but he did mention they went with ATSS so they could have a break in an otherwise upbeat set.

I guess what we can take from that is Infinite Dreams was probably one of the songs taken out to make sure Bruce wasn't killing his voice every night. It's too bad it won't get played, but at least we understand now why it didn't make the cut.

powerslave_85
06-27-2012, 02:51 PM
Yeah, this set is pretty challenging vocals-wise. He sounded pretty gassed during Aces High (which makes me wonder why they have it so late in the set).

PowerMaiden
06-27-2012, 03:03 PM
for the first time since 1979 Doug Hall is not behind the soundboard as their soundman. We don't know why . but maybe that explains a bit of the sound issues I keep reading in reviews

Cheers !
PowerMaiden

BlackDiamond
06-27-2012, 05:08 PM
for the first time since 1979 Doug Hall is not behind the soundboard as their soundman. We don't know why . but maybe that explains a bit of the sound issues I keep reading in reviews

Cheers !
PowerMaiden

Interesting. I didn't realize he wasn't behind the soundboard anymore.

I was at the show last night and one of the things I told my friend was even though Bruce is in his mid 50's he still brings the goods. The band itself was great as always. These guys are true professionals. The highlights for me was Seventh Son, Aces High and the Clairvoyant.

I made a comment on another thread that Afraid To Shot Strangers is out of place for this show, but after the show yesterday I have to say it works well in the set and was happy to see it performed.

marker
06-27-2012, 06:26 PM

Cheers !
PowerMaiden

But even when Doug was there they had the same problems, so who knows.

PowerMaiden
06-27-2012, 06:41 PM
But even when Doug was there they had the same problems, so who knows.

I saw Maiden 30 times so far and apart from this one time (Montreal '87 where there was big bass issues throughout the whole show) I've never experienced sound problems with Maiden

Cheers !
PowerMaiden

Nater
06-27-2012, 06:52 PM
Honestly from where I was sitting after the first song where the bass was to high and the mic to low they sounded great I almost figured it was just them adjusting on the spot.

The_jman
06-27-2012, 08:00 PM
a pretty cool set.
the lack of hallowed and infinate dreams is just stupid. I do love seeing the prisoner and afraid to shoot strangers in the set, very cool.

El Gordo
06-28-2012, 03:18 AM
I saw Maiden 30 times so far and apart from this one time (Montreal '87 where there was big bass issues throughout the whole show) I've never experienced sound problems with Maiden

Cheers !
PowerMaiden

Dude, Bruce could probably fart into the microphone for the entire set and you wouldn't experience any sound problems with Maiden. :tongue:

VelvetHarry
06-28-2012, 05:35 AM

I disagree with this completely. People should post setlists from the shows they go to, it doesn't matter if they are the same for the whole tour. This way others can see whether or not a setlist has been changing for a tour, or retrospectively go back and look up setlists from their city in the past. Just because you're pissed off that a band keeps their setlist the same don't take it out on the people that post them.

The_jman
06-28-2012, 06:46 AM
why do I feel that we have this same argument about posting maiden's sets every single tour?

it wasn't just a set people it was a review which is the flipping point of this cite. if he just looked it up on setlist.fm and posted the same thing I might be inclined to bet a little annoyed but as it stands there's no reason to get butthurt about this thread. Grow up...

/ end rant

girnny777
06-28-2012, 09:21 AM
Sets were the same at Jones Beach last night.

I think I had a spiritual experience when they played Seventh Son Of A Seventh Son.

marker
06-28-2012, 10:02 AM

Cheers !
PowerMaiden

That's cool, and I thought seeing them 6 times was a lot, ha. The sound problems are probably no big deal anyways, it happens to other bands too.
If it was that bad I wouldn't go see them again. I am excited to see them once again in August.
People mentioned not being able to hear Bruce and sometimes Adrian or Dave, sounds like 3 or 4 Maiden shows that I went to. Like I said, that kind of shit happens at shows more often than it should. I guess I had bad luck. I have seen Kiss, Dream Theater, Soundgarden, and others have the same problems, so I don't want to make it sound like it's just Maiden.

PowerMaiden
06-28-2012, 11:12 AM
Dude, Bruce could probably fart into the microphone for the entire set and you wouldn't experience any sound problems with Maiden. :tongue:

dude, why don't you read my post, I said I experienced big sound problems this one time with Maiden (Montreal 1987)

Cheers !
PowerMaiden

IrritatedTrout
06-28-2012, 11:27 AM
In Charlotte Bruce seemed to think his mic was too low and asked us what we thought of it about three songs in, he then went and got someone to turn it up. In Atlanta I thought the sound was great. Some of the solos were a little quiet but that's to be expected when you're on the barrier on Steve's side.

marker
06-28-2012, 11:42 AM

Vince Neil should try ripping a few into the mic, would probably sound better than his shit vocals.

Beaner666
06-28-2012, 03:03 PM

This is only the third show of the tour and Maiden has been known to change things up on the first few shows till they "work out the kinks" ... a perfect example is the beginning of the "Final Frontier" tour:

On the opening night they played "Brighter Than A Thousand Suns" and then replaced it with "Wrathchild" and “Paschendale” & “Dance Of Death” were rotated each night for the first ten shows until they decided to stick with "Dance Of Death."

powerslave_85
06-28-2012, 03:06 PM
Man, I'm still so grateful for the fact that I went to an early show AND got Paschendale on that tour.

Sanitarium78
06-28-2012, 03:13 PM
Man, I'm still so grateful for the fact that I went to an early show AND got Paschendale on that tour.

:mad:

I saw them after they stopped the rotation. DOD is a good song but Paschendale is:bowdown:

rjturtle9
06-28-2012, 04:43 PM

Same here. It's one of my top ten favorite Maiden songs of all time!

JRA
06-28-2012, 09:36 PM

Paschendale isn't quite in my top 5, but if I went to a show and they subbed that song out for Wrathchild I'd be fucking pissed!

PowerMaiden
06-29-2012, 06:58 AM
Let's face it, Maiden are lazy to an extend on the fact that they could have 2-3 spots on the setlist where they could switch songs around from night to night. If Metallica can do it, Maiden sure could.

The Paschendale\Dance Of Death switch that was done on the begining of the 2010 US tour was the most refreshing thing they've done in a while. I was so pissed too when they stopped alternating those 2 songs. That give fans that do multiple nights a surprise to expect every night.

Songs that would have pretty much the same lenght and they could have a generic backdrop that fits both songs. And even the backdrop issue is not really one, they could have backdrops for both songs on a specific spot if they really wanted.

So that current set could be something like this (I did it for 5 spots there which is pretty much pushing it for Maiden to do but come on, that's definatelly doable. And imagine the possibility of sets that that would make

1. Moonchild
2. Can I Play With Madness or Wrathchild
3. The Prisoner
4. 2 Minutes To Midnight or Killers
5. Afraid To Shoot Strangers or Infinite Dreams
6. The Trooper
7. The Number Of The Beast
8. Phantom Of The Opera
9. Run To The Hills
10. Wasted Years or Still Life
11. Seventh Son Of A Seventh Son
12. The Clairvoyant
13. Fear Of The Dark
14. Iron Maiden
---
15. Aces High
16. The Evil That Men Do
17. Running Free or Hallowed Be Thy Name

you see I'm not always saying they never do wrong ;)

Cheers !
PowerMaiden

Ironhead
06-29-2012, 07:34 AM
I was legitimately 5 feet away from the stage, so I really don't have much to complain about.

Very cool. I was lucky enough to see them twice in four days in Biloxi then New Orleans back in '85. Was right down front on the barrier both nights. Two of the loudest shows I've been to.

For some reason Maiden NEVER plays anywhere near Jacksonville, which sucks. I know they play south Florida typically but road trips are a little tougher when you're older and married with kids. There's a great and fairly new amphitheater just south of here in St. Augustine. Hell, Judas Priest even played it a couple of years ago so it would certainly be fine for Maiden. Oh well. Guess I'll just have to live vicariously through this website.

Ironhead
06-29-2012, 07:45 AM

I'm new to this site so don't know who the admins are. This sure seems like the type of post that would come from an admin. So if you are one then no biggie. If not though then this really is a douchebag reply.

PVH5150
06-29-2012, 09:00 AM
Some pics I shot....

https://sphotos.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-snc6/282660_10200115343425456_14816279_n.jpg

https://sphotos.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-snc6/205331_10200115343705463_819882746_n.jpg

https://sphotos.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-snc7/314740_10200115347265552_1111024404_n.jpg

https://sphotos.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash4/487313_10200115345625511_1705370621_n.jpg

https://sphotos.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/539493_10200115349065597_163629769_n.jpg

PVH5150
06-29-2012, 09:02 AM
Few more of Alice & his band...

https://sphotos.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/548047_10200115347945569_1554280127_n.jpg

https://sphotos.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-snc6/165864_10200115347025546_920200826_n.jpg

https://sphotos.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-snc6/181166_10200115343905468_246407836_n.jpg

https://sphotos.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/564075_10200115344545484_1134645819_n.jpg

snowdog2112
06-29-2012, 09:41 AM
Those are some nice pics

El Gordo
06-29-2012, 10:36 AM
dude, why don't you read my post, I said I experienced big sound problems this one time with Maiden (Montreal 1987)

Cheers !
PowerMaiden

I did read it! '87 was the year Nicko was farting on the snare drum, wasn't it? That's way worse than Bruce ripping ass into the mic!

PowerMaiden
06-29-2012, 11:49 AM
Those are some nice pics

Indeed, great pics !

Cheers !
PowerMaiden

TonyD
06-29-2012, 12:08 PM
ALICE COOPER
Y U NO PLAY WEST COAST

Fates Guardian
06-29-2012, 02:59 PM
Fantastic pictures! Seriously great stuff. Thanks for posting them!

slapguitarer
06-29-2012, 03:22 PM
ALICE COOPER
Y U NO PLAY WEST COAST

Yeah, I started getting excited for Alice Cooper then I realized we get Coheed. I forgot they existed...

PVH5150
06-29-2012, 09:40 PM
ALICE COOPER
Y U NO PLAY WEST COAST

He'll be there in November & December.

es156
06-30-2012, 07:06 AM
I'm new to this site so don't know who the admins are. This sure seems like the type of post that would come from an admin. So if you are one then no biggie. If not though then this really is a douchebag reply.

He's not an admin. His point is entirely invalid.

es156
06-30-2012, 07:07 AM
Some pics I shot....

Outstanding pictures!! Thanks for posting those.

energymetal14
06-30-2012, 03:47 PM
Those pics are awesome man! It would've been awesome to go to this show, but I already have some shows this summer and I couldn't dish out the money this time. I saw Alice last year on his headlining tour though, and he does put on an AMAZING show!

jhdeity
06-30-2012, 03:47 PM
Outstanding pictures!! Thanks for posting those.

Ditto. Great job man!