PDA

View Full Version : The Cavalera's commit career suicide

Steev
06-22-2012, 05:32 AM
Soulfly are headed out on the road again for a U.S. run this summer which will see them perform at this years “Gathering Of The Juggalos“. Unsurprisingly, nepotism will influence the support acts for the non-Gathering stops of the trek, with Cavalera-related acts Incite and Lody Kong due to support. Here’s where you can catch them:

07/31 San Francisco, CA – Slim’s
08/01 Santa Ana, CA – The Yost Theater
08/02 Tempe, AZ – Marquee Theatre
08/03 Las Vegas, NC – Cheyenne Saloon
08/04 Tucson, AZ – The Rock
08/06 Corpus Christi, TX – House Of Rock
08/07 San Antonio, TX – Korova
08/08 Little Rock, AR – Juanita’s Cantina Ballroom
08/09 Cave In Rock, IL – Gathering Of The Juggalos
08/11 Mt. Clemens, MI – Emerald Theatre
08/12 Joliet, IL – Mojoes
08/13 Covington, KY – Madison Theatre
08/14 Springfield, VA – Empire
08/15 Rochester, NY – Montage Music Hall
08/16 Poughkeepsie, NY – The Chance
08/17 Amityville, NY – Revolution

ravenheart
06-22-2012, 05:36 AM
How's this different to normal?

treghet
06-22-2012, 05:37 AM
Who cares?

Steev
06-22-2012, 05:41 AM
How's this different to normal?

at one point it sounded like they were trying to get out of the nu metal trappings(touring with bands like Prong and Morbid Angel) but once you do the Gathering of Juggalos it's pretty much over

let's put this in perspective
Soulfly=playing festival run by ICP
Sepultura=playing festival run by Metallica

treghet
06-22-2012, 06:13 AM
at one point it sounded like they were trying to get out of the nu metal trappings(touring with bands like Prong and Morbid Angel) but once you do the Gathering of Juggalos it's pretty much over

let's put this in perspective
Soulfly=playing festival run by ICP
Sepultura=playing festival run by Metallica

They don't just go up to their label and say "we want to tour with X band". They get offers for tours and decide whether or not to take them. It's probably just whatever was available to them at the time. They obviously got a nice offer from GOTJ, so they took it. Do you really think Max cares about how metal he is? Or what metalheads think of him playing for juggalos? To him this is probably just another festival.

jd091
06-22-2012, 06:23 AM
Who cares?

Yeah seriously, this. Gwar played GOTJ and everybody here still gets hard over 'em. Grow up.

Steev
06-22-2012, 06:30 AM
Yeah seriously, this. Gwar played GOTJ and everybody here still gets hard over 'em. Grow up.

Gwar is Gwar, no matter what they do people will go see them, where as about 90% of the bands that do this couldn't fill a 200 person venue anymore

BloodoftheKings
06-22-2012, 07:01 AM
Plenty of respectable artist play GotJ. Are any Soulfly fans seriously gonna stop listening to them because they're playing at ICP's festival?

Steev
06-22-2012, 07:07 AM
Plenty of respectable artist play GotJ. Are any Soulfly fans seriously gonna stop listening to them because they're playing at ICP's festival?

based on the reaction on sites like PRP probably

then again in the past 8 or 9 years I think Ive bought one Soulfly album(two tops)

and they need to give up on touring with his kids, opening for 5FDP a few months back was probably more exposure than they've had since they toured with Slayer in '02

300%_Density
06-22-2012, 08:58 AM
It's not really career suicide. But Max has experience with suicide.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-JLO4ZntWtWI/TzEYSGVL6WI/AAAAAAAAAO4/VXy2kR3JM88/s1600/178963_1_f.jpg

Amirite?

jd091
06-22-2012, 09:29 AM

Is there a difference between Soulfly fans and juggalos? ;)

Steev
06-22-2012, 09:55 AM
Is there a difference between Soulfly fans and juggalos? ;)

Actually at this point probably not, this seems to be where nu metal goes to die

dcmetal108
06-22-2012, 12:08 PM
Actually at this point probably not, this seems to be where nu metal goes to die

No correction, going to the GOTJ is where you go to die (and possibly be raped).

John The Drummer
06-22-2012, 12:14 PM
On a non-Gathering note, why can't they play Seattle on their own tours!? I wasnt gonna pay $50 to see them with 5FDP, and have never seen them.

:bouville:

Steev
06-22-2012, 12:22 PM
On a non-Gathering note, why can't they play Seattle on their own tours!? I wasnt gonna pay $50 to see them with 5FDP, and have never seen them.

:bouville:

Its been almost a decade since I've seen them, for years they didn't play Philly or came with horrendous openers

Oh and for fun I wiki'd the Gathering and the following bands were mentioned(not including all the one hit wonder rappers): Powerman 5000, Saliva, CKY, Kittie, Mushroomhead, (hed)PE, Primer 55, Drowning Pool, and Dope). Now I do like a number of those bands, but face it none of them are exactly topping the charts or selling out venues.

dcmetal108
06-22-2012, 12:33 PM
I wish CKY would just do their own small club headlining tour.

Steev
06-22-2012, 12:40 PM
I wish CKY would just do their own small club headlining tour.

I'm pretty sure they're not a band anymore, I remember somewhere seeing Soundwave would be their last shows

Sepultura69
06-22-2012, 01:21 PM
I'm pretty sure they're not a band anymore

CKY was a band to begin with? I thought they were just a bunch of ass hats banging on their instruments and creating what some of their fans consider..."music"... :confused: :confused: ;) ;) ;) ;)

TonyD
06-22-2012, 02:14 PM
CKY was a band to begin with? I thought they were just a bunch of ass hats banging on their instruments and creating what some of their fans consider..."music"... :confused: :confused: ;) ;) ;) ;)

Troll a little harder next time.
But yeah, Jugallo fest was one of CKY's last US shows.

Steev
06-22-2012, 02:22 PM

which is sad because while Im sure some of that crowd knew them chances are they did one of their final shows for an audience that didn't give two shits they were there

TonyD
06-22-2012, 02:49 PM
which is sad because while Im sure some of that crowd knew them chances are they did one of their final shows for an audience that didn't give two shits they were there

Yep... I only saw them once, opening for Gwar. I've been listening to them for 10 years now and the 3-4 other chances I had to see them always got sabotaged one way or another.

RampinUp46
06-22-2012, 10:30 PM
based on the reaction on sites like PRP probably

then again in the past 8 or 9 years I think Ive bought one Soulfly album(two tops)

and they need to give up on touring with his kids, opening for 5FDP a few months back was probably more exposure than they've had since they toured with Slayer in '02

And that is why I was psyched as shit when Mold Breaker didn't open for CC at my date last October.

Its been almost a decade since I've seen them, for years they didn't play Philly or came with horrendous openers

Oh and for fun I wiki'd the Gathering and the following bands were mentioned(not including all the one hit wonder rappers): Powerman 5000, Saliva, CKY, Kittie, Mushroomhead, (hed)PE, Primer 55, Drowning Pool, and Dope). Now I do like a number of those bands, but face it none of them are exactly topping the charts or selling out venues.

Yeah. I mean, I saw Drowning Pool play at the Bell County Expo Center in 2009 (albeit being the co-headliner for Korn), and Powerman 5000 played the Emo's inside stage in 2010 and I'd say at least 100 - 130 people showed up. The other bands have all played at Backstage Live or the White Rabbit in San Antonio - the former is actually pretty big, but I don't think the turnout was, and fuck the WR.

Sepultura69
06-22-2012, 11:45 PM

Chill my man. I was just kidding, some of my good friends are hardcore CKY fans(they tried to get me to go to the carver city tour with them awhile back, but i declined the offer. Just not my cup of tea). After I sent that post I said in the back of my head "i wonder how long until tony d sees this and responds to it.". ;)

Anyways, back on the subject of TGOTJ. :tongue:

Besides metal, a lot of prominent hip hop acts have also blessed the stage for The Gathering of the Jugaloes

Method man from Wu Tang Clan, Redman, Coolio, Slick Rick, and Bone Thugz n Harmony are just a few who have performed at this bizarre festival. :cool:

Coolio not only toured with the ICP, but he considers himself a dedicated Juggaloe, he even tattooed Jugalloe on his arm, Coolio kind of disturbs me... :hecho: :hecho:

AnthG
06-23-2012, 03:40 AM
Tech N9ne plays GOTJ a lot, and I like him a lot more than Soulfly or Sepultura. So this doesn't bother me.

Steev
06-23-2012, 04:37 AM
Chill my man. I was just kidding, some of my good friends are hardcore CKY fans(they tried to get me to go to the carver city tour with them awhile back, but i declined the offer. Just not my cup of tea). After I sent that post I said in the back of my head "i wonder how long until tony d sees this and responds to it.". ;)

Anyways, back on the subject of TGOTJ. :tongue:

Besides metal, a lot of prominent hip hop acts have also blessed the stage for The Gathering of the Jugaloes

Method man from Wu Tang Clan, Redman, Coolio, Slick Rick, and Bone Thugz n Harmony are just a few who have performed at this bizarre festival. :cool:

Coolio not only toured with the ICP, but he considers himself a dedicated Juggaloe, he even tattooed Jugalloe on his arm, Coolio kind of disturbs me... :hecho: :hecho:

Coolio did a tour with ICP, Kottonmouth Kings, and Kittie :wtf:

the rappers are sometimes better quality, but that's a whole other story

dcmetal108
06-23-2012, 06:31 AM
Yea TGOTG are some good rap artists and alot of old school wrestlers always are there, I just wouldn't want to deal with the crowd or the atmosphere.

There's a reason why it's done in the middle of no wheres and why there is no law enforcement there.

Sepultura69
06-23-2012, 06:45 AM
I just wouldn't want to deal with the crowd or the atmosphere.

That's the best part about the fest! That's pretty much the experience of attending TGOTJ Fest! If it wasn't for the crazy loony crowed in attendance, and the super wasted drugged out and free roaming atmosphere that is happening all around the vicinity of the fest....well, then there probably wouldn't really be a reason to attend the fest, oh and this.....

there is no law enforcement there.

Can't forget that one :tongue:

dcmetal108
06-23-2012, 08:26 AM
Well you see I don't think I could mingle with Juggalos all drunk and doped out. You know how many fights I would be in.

anomynous
06-23-2012, 08:53 AM
Pretty sure the Cavaleras already did that when Roots was made.

detuned
06-27-2012, 08:43 AM
HAH, fear factory is playing the gathering too

Steev
06-27-2012, 08:49 AM

My teenage self died a little inside

Derelict
06-27-2012, 09:10 AM

My buddy was their guitar tech when they played it. He said they got there about 5 minutes before they played, played, got paid, left after 5 minutes after they were done.

brutal_descent
06-27-2012, 09:21 AM

They were shit to begin with, so it shouldn't make a difference ;)

300%_Density
06-27-2012, 10:52 AM
Eh. No big deal. FF have been around long enough everybody has their own opinions on them anyway. I'm sure this is probably just another (probably good) paying gig for them anyway.