PDA

View Full Version : In Flames -- Gothenburg, Sweden -- June 15th, 2012

broncoz
06-17-2012, 08:04 AM
Played @ Metaltown 2012...only posting because they actually pulled out some songs that haven't been played in ages..

Jester's Door
-Cloud Connected
-Gyroscope
-Artifacts of the Black Rain :horns:
-Only for the Weak
-Reroute to Remain
-Dial 595 Escape
-Crawl Through Knives
-Delight and Angers
-Where the Dead Ships Dwell
-The Chosen Pessimist
-Fear is the Weakness
-All For Me
-Deliver Us
-The Mirrors Truth
-Take This Life
-My Sweet Shadow (stopped due to equipment failure)
-Pinball Map

Pretty sure its the first time they played something off the Jester Race since like 2008, but its probably just a festival thing

300%_Density
06-17-2012, 08:13 AM
And all I can say about this is... I blame America.

DementedX14
06-17-2012, 09:35 AM
And all I can say about this is... I blame America.

Yup.

InFlamesOfBirchmen
06-17-2012, 11:34 AM
Holy hell what a fantastic set! Cloud Connected is an excellent choice for an opener.

VoidFlame
06-17-2012, 12:59 PM
-Gyroscope
-Artifacts of the Black Rain
-Reroute to Remain
-Dial 595 Escape

:drool:

MPF
06-17-2012, 02:02 PM
I wish I could have seen this set back in January.

The Ghost at Number One
06-17-2012, 03:35 PM
I'm actually loving that they brought back Crawl Through Knives.

kevin_headbanger
06-18-2012, 04:34 AM
Now that's a set I would pay for, lots of oldies...Time to do another North american tour now...

VelvetHarry
06-18-2012, 05:46 AM
I have come to terms with the fact that In Flames is catering to the fan base from their newer, (IMO) crappier music. I can't necessarily blame them I guess (gotta eat). But I just wish they'd throw a few more bones to old school fans. Very nice to see Artifacts and Gyroscope on this set, but it's such a rare occasion to see stuff like that anymore. It's kind of surprising not to see at least one song each from their first three albums (not counting Lunar Strain) in regular rotation. Something like:

JESTER RACE: Artifacts of the Black Rain
WHORACLE: Jotun, Gyroscope or Episode 666
COLONY: Embody the Invisible, Scorn or Colony

300%_Density
06-18-2012, 07:46 AM
I have come to terms with the fact that In Flames is catering to the fan base from their newer, (IMO) crappier music. I can't necessarily blame them I guess (gotta eat). But I just wish they'd throw a few more bones to old school fans. Very nice to see Artifacts and Gyroscope on this set, but it's such a rare occasion to see stuff like that anymore. It's kind of surprising not to see at least one song each from their first three albums (not counting Lunar Strain) in regular rotation. Something like:

JESTER RACE: Artifacts of the Black Rain
WHORACLE: Jotun, Gyroscope or Episode 666
COLONY: Embody the Invisible, Scorn or Colony

Anders has said in tons of interviews, the NA crowds don't respond to as much pre-Reroute to Remain. Just a fact. It's not a matter of catering to anybody. Anything from Jester Race will get nothing but silence from the crowd. Can't cater to 2%.

AnthG
06-18-2012, 08:13 AM
Man, all they needed was as the future repeats today and my pants would require changing.

Grayfox
06-18-2012, 09:19 AM
Now that's a set I would pay for, lots of oldies...

I see two...

mastodon421
06-18-2012, 01:33 PM
It's official, In Flames hates America.

zerkz
06-18-2012, 02:05 PM
I see two...

Clayman isn't an "old" album? 0.o

bobbie solo
06-18-2012, 10:12 PM
Clayman is old, and a classic, but it's also the beginning of the end for In Flames. almost like The Black Album from Metallica.

The Ghost at Number One
06-18-2012, 10:20 PM
Clayman is old, and a classic, but it's also the beginning of the end for In Flames. almost like The Black Album from Metallica.Good grief. Some folks are simply impossible to please.

Grayfox
06-19-2012, 01:42 AM
I like Clayman, but when I see Pinball Map and Only for the Weak, it's not like I get excited about it. Maybe if they played some other songs from the record, I would. To me, Clayman was their last good record. What's really sad is that if they re-recorded their first three records and marketed them as "brand new", those songs would get plenty of attention at their shows. I just can't believe they have to ignore their best material (IMO) because 90% of their fans don't know it exists.

MPF
06-19-2012, 02:02 AM
I like Clayman, but when I see Pinball Map and Only for the Weak, it's not like I get excited about it. Maybe if they played some other songs from the record, I would. To me, Clayman was their last good record. What's really sad is that if they re-recorded their first three records and marketed them as "brand new", those songs would get plenty of attention at their shows. I just can't believe they have to ignore their best material (IMO) because 90% of their fans don't know it exists.

All That Remains uses that excuse too.

zerkz
06-19-2012, 02:58 AM

I think the Clayman songs translate over best, live. In the last few american tours, bar the last, perhaps, they have tried to represent their older stuff... somewhat. In 2009, I got to see about 3-4 Clayman songs, one from Colony, and one from Whoracle. The amount of people that do NOT know about these albums, or atleast "like them" is atonishing. I remember standing in line to get shit signed at Mayhem when they came, and like 3 people I talked to were like "I hope they play The Quiet Place".

Besides a select few, I don't see Jester Race songs transferring over live so great. Maybe Dead God in Me, and Graveland, but not so much for the others.

tenchimyo
06-19-2012, 05:30 AM
Ooo better setlist than we got earlier this year in MD (USA USA). Sigh.

well maybe next time

mattlion
06-22-2012, 10:29 AM
One of these days maybe they'll bring "Behind Space" back. That song was always a highlight of their shows for me up to about 2004/5 when they stopped playing it in the US.

The posters here talking about their old material "not going over" here in America have a point. I've seen IF about 10 times, from 2002-now, and ever since STYE their live sound has been catered towards the newer material. The new stuff does sound better live than on record, which is different than the older stuff. Much of TJR/Whoracle is songs with 3 guitar tracks and sometimes they can't get the full vibe of the melodic parts live.

I think a lot of the Colony songs would still do well, but I dunno. They seem to be doing ok doing what they're doing but I wonder if they'll ever pull a Maiden and announce prior to a tour that they're emphasizing "classic" material. That would be pretty sick.

Rocco44
06-22-2012, 01:14 PM
One of these days maybe they'll bring "Behind Space" back. That song was always a highlight of their shows for me up to about 2004/5 when they stopped playing it in the US.

The posters here talking about their old material "not going over" here in America have a point. I've seen IF about 10 times, from 2002-now, and ever since STYE their live sound has been catered towards the newer material. The new stuff does sound better live than on record, which is different than the older stuff. Much of TJR/Whoracle is songs with 3 guitar tracks and sometimes they can't get the full vibe of the melodic parts live.

I think a lot of the Colony songs would still do well, but I dunno. They seem to be doing ok doing what they're doing but I wonder if they'll ever pull a Maiden and announce prior to a tour that they're emphasizing "classic" material. That would be pretty sick.

Yeah, the first few albums won't translate as well live but I will still take lesser versions of great songs than the new shit. Too bad we American's suck.

I really hope they pull a Maiden so I can see them one more time. Lunar Strain through Whoracle would be amazing although I'm sure they would focus too much on Clayman and Colony. Show would be great regardless. Hell, even get Jesper to come along and be a third guitarist. I can only dream haha