PDA

View Full Version : Ne Obliviscaris -- Sydney, Australia -- June 16th, 2012

fletchzer
06-16-2012, 07:28 AM
First show I'd been to at the Bald Faced Stag in a while, and first time seeing NeO. There aren't too many Australian metal acts that I follow, but after having heard their debut LP 'Portal of I', checking these guys out was a must - and they did not disappoint!

Extremely talented, tight live musicians and they put on a great show covering the whole new album. Would recommend checking them out if they hit a city near you!

Tapestry of the Starless Abstract
Xenoflux
Of the Leper Butterflies
Forget Not
And Plague Flowers the Kaleidoscope
As Icicles Fall
Of Petrichor Weaves Black Noise

BloodoftheKings
06-16-2012, 09:13 AM
I'd definitely see theses guys if they came by me.

MPF
06-16-2012, 11:14 AM
I'm going to keep playing these guys on my show until I can wrangle up enough interest in the states to justify a US tour.

fletchzer
06-16-2012, 04:28 PM
Good idea!

I can't believe they've been around for 9 years and don't have more attention. All the best to them though, the new album kills.

BloodoftheKings
06-16-2012, 05:28 PM
Good idea!

I can't believe they've been around for 9 years and don't have more attention. All the best to them though, the new album kills.

Well before this year all they had was an EP so it makes sense. Hopefully they gather enough support for them to come to the US fairly soon.

MPF
06-16-2012, 08:27 PM
Good idea!

Well having a syndicated radio show helps. :D

But yeah I discovered these guys last year thanks to me friend who I do a podcast with, and have been blown away ever since. They deserve to be the next Opeth.