PDA

View Full Version : Marvel vs DC

John The Drummer
06-13-2012, 03:23 PM
Time to nerd it up!!!! I am surprised this hasn't been brought up before. What side do you prefer?

Marvel (X-Men, Spiderman, The Avengers, Fantastic 4, etc etc etc)
or
DC (Batman, Superman, Green Lantern, etc etc etc etc)

I have always been a bigger fan of the Marvel universe, the characters have always been more intriguing to me and the storylines just feel better. DC isn't bad, but I have always felt that it was the lesser of the two just because their characters are not as interesting, to me at least.

ravenheart
06-13-2012, 03:30 PM
I have always been a bigger fan of the Marvel universe, the characters have always been more intriguing to me and the storylines just feel better. DC isn't bad, but I have always felt that it was the lesser of the two just because their characters are not as interesting, to me at least.

This. DC Universe is just Batman plus a load of pretty boring characters, most of which were pretty unsuccessful too. They also did very little crossing over to build a wider universe the way Marvel did, which is what's always made Marvel more interesting to me.

mastodon421
06-13-2012, 03:52 PM
Marvel by far. A lot more interesting characters with cooler powers. Simple as that.

dcmetal108
06-13-2012, 04:19 PM
Marvel.

Not only is X-Men my favorite series / group ever (with the majority of them being my favorite heroes) but they managed to at least crossover most of the roster into each other.

BloodoftheKings
06-13-2012, 04:37 PM
Marvel is better overall but Batman > every Marvel hero.

treghet
06-13-2012, 04:40 PM
You guys are such nerds.

dcmetal108
06-13-2012, 05:12 PM

No.

I mean come on X-Men alone has a roster far better than Batman. And I'm a big Batman fan.

kalfitegrdan
06-13-2012, 05:44 PM
The only DC hero that I ever liked was Green Arrow. Other than him, always Marvel.

BloodoftheKings
06-13-2012, 05:50 PM
No.

I mean come on X-Men alone has a roster far better than Batman. And I'm a big Batman fan.

I said 'hero'. The X-men are a group of heroes.

Blitzkrieg Witchcraft
06-13-2012, 05:58 PM
Three Batman tattoos. You can probably figure my answer.

dcmetal108
06-13-2012, 06:08 PM
I said 'hero'. The X-men are a group of heroes.

True. But Hero wise Marvel beats Dc with X-Men along.

masterguy49
06-13-2012, 06:08 PM
It's hard to say really, I like the characters in Marvel more, but recently DC has been pulling some really awesome stories in many of the Batman books(that goes for the bat family really, Nightwing, Batman and Robin, Batwomen, etc.), Animal Man, and The Swamp Thing. Even Aquaman has been awesome to read It's also easy to forget Watchmen and Sandman(two of the greatest graphic novels) came out from DC. Marvel has had awesome crossovers and events, something DC didn't have much of. It's hard to say, but I've always been a marvel person all around, due to Spider-Man being my favorite hero. Overall though they have their ups and downs.

dcmetal108
06-13-2012, 08:58 PM
It's hard to say really, I like the characters in Marvel more, but recently DC has been pulling some really awesome stories in many of the Batman books(that goes for the bat family really, Nightwing, Batman and Robin, Batwomen, etc.), Animal Man, and The Swamp Thing. Even Aquaman has been awesome to read It's also easy to forget Watchmen and Sandman(two of the greatest graphic novels) came out from DC. Marvel has had awesome crossovers and events, something DC didn't have much of. It's hard to say, but I've always been a marvel person all around, due to Spider-Man being my favorite hero. Overall though they have their ups and downs.

Totally forgot about that.

masterguy49
06-13-2012, 09:16 PM
Totally forgot about that.

Most people do, overall I like DC as a company better, but I enjoy more characters out of Marvel. So I went with Marvel.

MPF
06-13-2012, 10:19 PM
It's kinda equal to me. I live Iron Man as much as Batman. Hulk as much as Green Lantern. etc.

I guess if I had to choose it would go to Marvel because Stan Lee is fucking awesome.

masterguy49
06-13-2012, 10:57 PM
It's kinda equal to me. I live Iron Man as much as Batman. Hulk as much as Green Lantern. etc.

I guess if I had to choose it would go to Marvel because Stan Lee is fucking awesome.

Why!? Iron Man is a fucking asshole, Bruce Wayne acts like an asshole to cover it up, but Tony Stark is just a genuine asshole :lol:

kalfitegrdan
06-13-2012, 11:36 PM
Why!? Iron Man is a fucking asshole, Bruce Wayne acts like an asshole to cover it up, but Tony Stark is just a genuine asshole :lol:

Stark being an alcoholic asshole is entertaining as fuck though.

MPF
06-14-2012, 12:01 AM
Stark being an alcoholic asshole is entertaining as fuck though.

Said it so I didn't have to. Smartasses, when done right, are funny as hell.

kalfitegrdan
06-14-2012, 02:13 AM
Said it so I didn't have to. Smartasses, when done right, are funny as hell.

Exactly. :D

El Gordo
06-14-2012, 05:52 AM
Even though my first comic purchases were DC, Marvel (and Image) is the company that turned me into a comic nerd for the better part of my teenage years.

John The Drummer
06-14-2012, 12:36 PM

Batman is awesome, his back story is great, but his lack of any real powers has always bothered me :lol: . His enemies are amazing though, Two-Face will always be one of my favorites in any comic book universe.

masterguy49
06-14-2012, 12:53 PM
Batman is awesome, his back story is great, but his lack of any real powers has always bothered me :lol: . His enemies are amazing though, Two-Face will always be one of my favorites in any comic book universe.

He has the best powers of all, fear and intelligence ;)

JRA
06-18-2012, 09:10 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NlLeCu63HCA

dcmetal108
06-18-2012, 09:17 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NlLeCu63HCA

:lol:

Sinfulsot
06-24-2012, 01:47 AM
Batman is awesome, his back story is great, but his lack of any real powers has always bothered me . His enemies are amazing though, Two-Face will always be one of my favorites in any comic book universe.

He has the best powers of all, fear and intelligence ;)

don't forget his first super power: immense wealth.

adamclark52
06-25-2012, 04:14 PM
Marvel. I'm not a huge comic fan at all but I always loved the X-Men Saturday Morning cartoon and the first two X-Men movie's. I do like Batman though. Marvel just seems more "COMIC BOOK" to me, which is a good thing.

John The Drummer
06-25-2012, 04:16 PM
Marvel. I always loved the X-Men Saturday Morning cartoon .

THIS!!!
I went back and watched the first season, oooomg, so bad now a days :lol:
...but the memories are amazing :D

elturtleboy
07-15-2012, 03:45 PM
I honestly can't choose :(.