PDA

View Full Version : E3 2012

DementedX14
06-04-2012, 02:29 PM
Anybody care about this year's E3? I'm excited about the South Park RPG so far and I like that the SP creators made a slight mockery of Microsoft if you caught their presentation.

Any thoughts?

John The Drummer
06-04-2012, 04:15 PM
I need to get up to speed as to what has been going down...... but I am always stoked for E3 every year :D

mastodon421
06-04-2012, 06:18 PM
Madden 13 with John Madden for on-field use as a player. They can just end E3 now cause nothing is going to top that.

John The Drummer
06-04-2012, 06:28 PM
I think it's a bit delayed on the west coast on G4, but UbiSoft completely destroyed...... WOW.

ShatteredFlame
06-04-2012, 07:14 PM
Madden 13 with John Madden for on-field use as a player. They can just end E3 now cause nothing is going to top that.

:lol: Awesome!

Sepultura69
06-04-2012, 08:14 PM
No News or announcement on Half Life 2: Episode 3, or a Half Life 3 = FAIL. :hmm:

dcmetal108
06-04-2012, 08:51 PM
I think it's a bit delayed on the west coast on G4, but UbiSoft completely destroyed...... WOW.

What all happened? All I heard was alot of their big shows were WiiU exclusive.

BloodoftheKings
06-04-2012, 09:18 PM
I recorded Sony and Microsoft's conferences and i'm gonna watch them in a bit but i'm not overly excited about anything they announced. I think Nintendo is actually gonna be the best of show for once.

BloodoftheKings
06-05-2012, 05:10 AM
Watchdogs looks pretty sick.

John The Drummer
06-05-2012, 05:51 AM
What all happened? All I heard was alot of their big shows were WiiU exclusive.

Well for me I had low expectations for what they were going to show.

-Far Cry 3 looks amazing
-Ass Creed 3 looks waaay better than I expected
-I am still iffy on Watch Dogs, but the idea is awesome

The WiiU showings bored me, I'll have at experience it in person to really get what they are trying to do with it.

ShatteredFlame
06-05-2012, 10:40 AM
Pikmin 3 :party:

brutal_descent
06-05-2012, 10:53 AM
The Amazing Spider-Man: do want, but hopefully it's not directly based off the film, and is more like Arkham Asylum or Arkham City.

BEYOND: Looks pretty cool, and I loved Heavy Rain, but the super-powers element makes me think it's a direct rip-off of some film I watched recently about a teenager with super-powers who's hunted by the government. Not sure why they chose Ellen Page to be the main character, either.

The Last of Us: Fuck yes. I'm a sucker for post-apocalypse games, and the survival element turns me on too. Definitely the priority for me out of the three.

Not going to pay any attention to the new Assassin's Creed since I haven't even played the first game yet. Need to get on that.

dcmetal108
06-05-2012, 10:54 AM
Hopefully Far Cry 3 is nothing like Far Cry 2 and yes AC3 looks beyond great.

My favorite thing from E3 so far was the 10 minute Borderlands 2 demo!!!!!!!!!!

brutal_descent
06-05-2012, 12:18 PM
Holy FUCK, did I say something about The Last of Us being my most awaited game of E3? Fuck that! Watch Dogs looks like one of the best games there is that I haven't played! :eek:

BloodoftheKings
06-05-2012, 12:36 PM
Ugh. Microsoft, Sony, and Nintendo all sucked this year. Nintendo started out really strong announcing a game that everybody has been waiting for but then launched into a solid hour of shit no one cares about. I haven't seen much of The Last of Us so I can't say how I feel about that game but the only games I've seen that i'm excited for are Watch Dogs and surprisingly the new South Park game.

Dextrimental
06-05-2012, 01:00 PM
Very little that interests me if I'm honest. Watch Dogs and The Last of Us look immense and the South Park RPG is intriguing. After that, Halo 4 and Borderlands 2 gameplay, while good, didn't really offer anything I didn't already know.

BloodoftheKings
06-05-2012, 01:33 PM
I don't play Halo but I thought the Halo 4 gameplay trailer was pretty pathetic. The whole demo was just walking in a straight line shooting at grunts. Okay, why should people be excited?

And the graphics were only about on par, maybe even worse than Reach.

Dextrimental
06-05-2012, 02:10 PM
I don't play Halo but I thought the Halo 4 gameplay trailer was pretty pathetic. The whole demo was just walking in a straight line shooting at grunts. Okay, why should people be excited?

And the graphics were only about on par, maybe even worse than Reach.

It's essentially more of the same with newer weapons and some new enemies, to be honest I think people are getting excited because they aren't even trying to make changes to their beloved series! I would have liked some changes, but I love Halo, so I'll probably check this out regardless.

DementedX14
06-05-2012, 02:51 PM
Overall, I am very disappointed with this year's e3 mainly due to very little new IP's besides South Park RPG, Last of Us and Watch Dogs. I was expecting more but I was let down by both Sony and Nintendo especially. M$ I could care less about. With the current lineup of games announced for the Wii-U, I am sure they will have lackluster sales this Holiday season with no Zelda, Smash Bros. Metriod or even Starfox.

makethemsuffer12
06-05-2012, 02:54 PM
The Amazing Spider-Man: do want, but hopefully it's not directly based off the film, and is more like Arkham Asylum or Arkham City.

It's supposed to take place after the movie. I thought it looked not so bad, either. I'll wait 'til I read the reviews before I get excited.

mankvill
06-05-2012, 07:25 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OXRwrGGJMaw

Day one purchase.

But seriously:

I haven't been looking forward to a game in a long time, but Halo 4 just kinda put that feeling in me that I got when I saw the Halo 2 E3 demo back in like 2004. Unbelievable.

Watch_Dog looks insanely good too.

makethemsuffer12
06-05-2012, 07:32 PM
Watch Dogs was definitely unexpected, but looks insanely good. Beyond looks amazing too. Easily the most realistic facial animations I've seen in a game. I honestly said "holy shit" when I saw the trailer.

And of course, The Last of Us makes me a very happy PS3 owner. Post-apocalypic, violent-as-fuck, and with Uncharted-ish gameplay? Yes please. Naughty Dog has already made my two favorite game franchises (Jak and Uncharted), and this one looks to join them.

I did LOL though when it was announced that Ellen Page is the lead in Beyond, because so many people have been saying how the girl in The Last of Us looks like her for a while.

adamclark52
06-06-2012, 09:30 AM
Anyone see anything on Star Wars 1313?

Sepultura69
06-06-2012, 12:12 PM
Watch Dogs is one of the best looking games ever made, period. I'm totally blown away by what I just saw two minutes ago. I agree with Makethemsuffer, I have not seen a game this good looking in a long fucking time. Some of the best visuals, and graphics i have ever laid my eyes on in a video game. Ubi Soft may have just given the new GTA a run for its money...

Speaking of GTA?...

Did they reveal any new juicy details on the new GTA? Any demos or new trailers? I don't follow E3 or videos games all that much anymore, I just been following all the news and announcements through this thread so please don't give me the "Google is your best friend" remark. Thank you all. :hmm:

John The Drummer
06-06-2012, 12:20 PM
Speaking of GTA?...

Did they reveal any new juicy details on the new GTA? Any demos or new trailers? I don't follow E3 or videos games all that much anymore, I just been following all the news and announcements through this thread so please don't give me the "Google is your best friend" remark. Thank you all. :hmm:

I haven't been able to watch the entire coverage and just stick with what G4 is covering when I get home from work, but I don't think there has been a single mention of GTA.... at all..... :eyes:

Quite upsetting.

BloodoftheKings
06-06-2012, 12:21 PM

Rockstar doesn't usually show off their games at E3.

Sepultura69
06-06-2012, 12:32 PM
Just watched some nice halo 4 gameplay and trailers. Looks good. I assume this is a continuation of the series after you beat the 3rd one on Legendary mode. I remember when I beat Halo 3 on Legendary a few years ago I remember it ended with Chief and Cortana heading towards some mysterious unknown planet and then the game ends with the credits rolling. I would assume that the demo i just witnessed is them on the planet now? Sorry, i haven't been following the series in a long time, and I beat Halo 3 like back in 2008 so my mind is a little blank on where the stories at.

masterguy49
06-06-2012, 12:46 PM
Just watched some nice halo 4 gameplay and trailers. Looks good. I assume this is a continuation of the series after you beat the 3rd one on Legendary mode. I remember when I beat Halo 3 on Legendary a few years ago I remember it ended with Chief and Cortana heading towards some mysterious unknown planet and then the game ends with the credits rolling. I would assume that the demo i just witnessed is them on the planet now? Sorry, i haven't been following the series in a long time, and I beat Halo 3 like back in 2008 so my mind is a little blank on where the stories at.

Yup its after Halo 3 and the demo took place on a new planet(at least I'm pretty sure)

Watch Dogs looked great, but I feel like I'm missing something, it wasn't that amazing :eyes:

Dextrimental
06-06-2012, 02:43 PM
Anyone see anything on Star Wars 1313?

Yup gameplay and some cinematic stuff. it looks very dark and gritty, at least for a Star Wars game, gameplay seems Gears of War-esque with some little features of their own thrown in. Looks like a very good addition to the franchise!

hb420
06-06-2012, 03:16 PM
New Splinter Cell looks fucking amazing. :drool:

masterguy49
06-06-2012, 03:32 PM
It looks like a better version of Conviction(which was fucking amazing), so I can't wait. Hopefully it's longer than Conviction. I should replay that game... :tongue:

John The Drummer
06-06-2012, 03:58 PM
Watch Dogs looked great, but I feel like I'm missing something, it wasn't that amazing :eyes:

I'm in the same boat :eyes:
It looks cool, but all this hype and talk is making me wonder if I saw the same game everyone else saw.

masterguy49
06-06-2012, 04:24 PM
I'm in the same boat :eyes:
It looks cool, but all this hype and talk is making me wonder if I saw the same game everyone else saw.

Yeah, seriously. Felt the same way about Rage last year and that ended up just being ok.

adamclark52
06-07-2012, 08:13 PM

I miss Splinter Cell, they just got better and better up until Double Agent and I haven't heard from it since (granted I only play Playstation).

John The Drummer
06-08-2012, 05:45 AM
Ni No Kuni looks kinda rad :eyes: