Deftones
Lamb of God
Dethklok
Serj Tankian
The Dillinger Escape Plan
Cannibal Corpse
Gojira
Prong

Tickets on sale Friday June 8, $35 + fees, all ages.

kommie
06-03-2012, 06:34 AM
Too bad it's in the middle of fucking NOWHERE.

Steev
06-03-2012, 07:14 AM
not a surprise, they wanted to do something like this back in 2009

side note, Id LOVE to see The Urge and Prong opening for Slipknot

Dextrimental
06-03-2012, 08:08 AM
I'd love to hit this if I could!

detuned
06-03-2012, 08:44 AM
and if you missed it in the mayhem thread

looks like there will be post-mayhem pre-heavy shows for slipknot too

meadowbrook in gilford NH leaked this via their email list:

SLIPKNOT
ASKING ALEXANDRIA
AS I LAY DYING

wonder if they will be doing some shows between heavy MTL and knotfest too

xskizzelzx90x
06-03-2012, 09:15 AM
Too bad it's in the middle of fucking NOWHERE.

this. :(

WOLVERINEKILLS
06-03-2012, 09:50 AM
There will be 2 Knotfests held in August. Not sure on the details of the 2nd show except that it will be held in another mid west city.

dcmetal108
06-03-2012, 11:02 AM
Actually the tickets are pretty cheap. Plus it'd be a great show.

MPF
06-03-2012, 01:30 PM
Seems more like a rip off of the Gathering of The Juggalos more then ripping off Metallica.

but that said, there are a few good bands on the bill.

WOLVERINEKILLS
06-03-2012, 02:30 PM
To be honest, Slipknot could tour the B markets in August with that line up & sell out several mid size arenas.

treghet
06-03-2012, 02:34 PM
Seems more like a rip off of the Gathering of The Juggalos more then ripping off Metallica.

but that said, there are a few good bands on the bill.

Definitely not. Gathering of the Juggalos is a giant lawless party. It's held on a large campground, so most people bring tents or motor homes to camp on site. They have carnival rides, fair games, wrestling, contests, comedians, and of course, lots and lots of insane partying. There's no police presence, so people hold up signs for what drugs they're selling.

300%_Density
06-03-2012, 03:58 PM
Anything that gets Prong in front of a large group I approve of. Regardless of what it's for.

WOLVERINEKILLS
06-03-2012, 04:12 PM
Anything that gets Prong in front of a large group I approve of. Regardless of what it's for.
:rocker:

dcmetal108
06-03-2012, 08:08 PM
Definitely not. Gathering of the Juggalos is a giant lawless party. It's held on a large campground, so most people bring tents or motor homes to camp on site. They have carnival rides, fair games, wrestling, contests, comedians, and of course, lots and lots of insane partying. There's no police presence, so people hold up signs for what drugs they're selling.

My cousins have went before and they said it is just nonstop insanity. Like no one sleeps and everyone is always messed up.

I'd go but I'd be scared of being raped and killed. That stuff happens there. (Plus I don't like 95% of the musical acts)

WOLVERINEKILLS
06-03-2012, 08:52 PM
My cousins have went before and they said it is just nonstop insanity. Like no one sleeps and everyone is always messed up.

I'd go but I'd be scared of being raped and killed. That stuff happens there. (Plus I don't like 95% of the musical acts)

Cave In Rock, IL is like an hour from me. It's wild around these parts without ICP and there festival due to the biker gangs. It's like Sons of Anarchy with Juggalos when ICP plays their festival.

treghet
06-04-2012, 02:28 AM
It's like Sons of Anarchy with Juggalos when ICP plays their festival.

:lol:

detuned
06-04-2012, 06:45 AM
Slipknot will hold their first-ever Knotfest with two day-long events, one August 17th in their home state of Iowa and the other August 18th in Somerset, on the border of Wisconsin and Minnesota. The shows will find Slipknot joined by the Deftones, Lamb of God, Deathlok, Serj Tankian, the Urge, Cannibal Corpse and more.

"It's all about having fun and bringing something to the world of rock & roll, bringing it to the standard it used to be," Slipknot's Shawn "Clown" Crahan tells Rolling Stone. "It's time for us to really engulf this idea known as Knotfest where we're in control, we make a day devoted to our mindset, our ideas, the people that we want to play with, the people that we think our fans want to be around."

Slipknot, of course, is about a whole aesthetic, not just the music. "When everyone leaves their senses [will be] overloaded, and I'm talking about smells, sights, hearing, your body, everything is overloaded with stimulation, because that's what Slipknot does," Crahan says.

Among the activities the festival is offering as part of its "dark carnival experience" are circus big-top tents, pillars of fire, amusement park rides, burlesque performers, firebreathers, stilt walkers, drum circles made of junkyard cars and graffiti walls. The two shows will also debut a Slipknot museum.

Knotfest is something the band has always wanted to do, according to Crahan. And the time is right. "Now, after 15 years, things feel right, things feel complete, things feel like we can accomplish anything. And I love challenges," he says.

That came about in large part through adversity. The band suffered a devastating loss in 2010 when bassist Paul Gray was found dead in his Iowa hotel room. Like any group that's suffered the death of a band mate, Slipknot were left to figure out the best way to carry on and honor their brother. They decided to do it live.

"When the tragedy of our life happened, instead of going away we decided, 'No, that's not the right thing to do. Let's go out, let's share the way we feel with the people that feel like we feel,'" Crahan says. "So last summer we embarked on a tour, then we went to South America and opened up for Metallica in Rock In Rio. We just got back from Australia, and now we're gonna embark on another fantastic one-of-a-kind tour, ending this thought process that's been consumed by these feelings about a great loss."

After closing this chapter, the band will move on. "We're going to take our personal time to do what it is we feel we need to do to get ready for the new record that's gonna come out sooner than anybody knows," says Crahan.

Expect Knotfest to be an ongoing tradition, even if Slipknot isn't always on the bill. "It's something that we want to be in control of so much that it can exist without us," Crahan says.
http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/exclusive-slipknot-unveil-knotfest-20120604

that explains why cannibal isnt on the summer slaughter date moved from st. paul to louisville on the 18th

ravenheart
06-04-2012, 07:52 AM
http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/exclusive-slipknot-unveil-knotfest-20120604

that explains why cannibal isnt on the summer slaughter date moved from st. paul to louisville on the 18th

First post updated with this.

detuned
06-04-2012, 08:52 AM
http://www.knotfest.com

dillinger escape plan on the 18th as well

Cross Face Chicken Wing
06-04-2012, 09:54 AM
I'm surprised Slipknot is playing in Somerset again. Somerset used to host Ozzfest and a few other major rock festivals each year before the town got sick of being invaded by drunk metalheads every year and the venue ownership had financial troubles.

The last time Slipknot played Somerset was on Tattoo the Earth and apparently venue security got into a scrap with one of the members because they didn't know who he was. Slipknot threatened to not perform that night (Hatebreed didn't perform, apparently to protest the way Slipknot had been treated).

I guess the venue in Somerset has new ownership and apparently the venue is now seated (it used to be a giant wide open bowl). I'd prefer LoG coming through on its headlining tour w/ Gojira and playing in a club instead of having to deal with the Slipknot crowd in a seated venue, but I'll take what I can get.

brutal_descent
06-04-2012, 10:52 AM
Holy fuck, that Minneapolis line-up is fucking jizz-inducing. The only band on it that I don't listen to is Prong :drool:

ravenheart
06-04-2012, 11:02 AM
The only band on it that I don't listen to is Prong :drool:

... who are the best band on the line-up (besides perhaps Gojira).

XDoomsayerX
06-04-2012, 12:23 PM
Holy fuck, that Minneapolis line-up is fucking jizz-inducing. The only band on it that I don't listen to is Prong :drool:

I second this comment! Damn that price is low as well.

mastodon421
06-04-2012, 12:44 PM

http://i.ytimg.com/vi/tplFD_VUpuQ/0.jpg

MPF
06-04-2012, 01:11 PM
I'm already working on the Minneapolis show (Which is actually in Somerset WI)

I had the interview lined up with Cannibal Corpse August 18th, so this should probably work.

If I could interview Brendeon Small the Day before my birthday (August 18th) that would be a dream come true).

MPF
06-04-2012, 01:14 PM
I'm surprised Slipknot is playing in Somerset again. Somerset used to host Ozzfest and a few other major rock festivals each year before the town got sick of being invaded by drunk metalheads every year and the venue ownership had financial troubles.

The last time Slipknot played Somerset was on Tattoo the Earth and apparently venue security got into a scrap with one of the members because they didn't know who he was. Slipknot threatened to not perform that night (Hatebreed didn't perform, apparently to protest the way Slipknot had been treated).

I guess the venue in Somerset has new ownership and apparently the venue is now seated (it used to be a giant wide open bowl). I'd prefer LoG coming through on its headlining tour w/ Gojira and playing in a club instead of having to deal with the Slipknot crowd in a seated venue, but I'll take what I can get.

Works for me. A lot has changed since then.

300%_Density
06-04-2012, 01:22 PM

Easily most correct statement I've heard

John The Drummer
06-04-2012, 01:24 PM
I love how a lot of posts in this thread are about The Gathering of the Juggalos :lol:

That second date looks pretty, honestly.

treghet
06-04-2012, 01:27 PM
I love how a lot of posts in this thread are about The Gathering of the Juggalos :lol:

That second date looks pretty, honestly.

The Gathering of the Maggots

MPF
06-04-2012, 01:33 PM
The Gathering of the Maggots

That actually was the first thing that came to mind when I heard about the Iowa show. :lol:

but the MN, really WI show is all Metal so it works for me.

ravenheart
06-04-2012, 04:49 PM
http://i.ytimg.com/vi/tplFD_VUpuQ/0.jpg

I don't 100% get the reference, but this image suggests to me you're going to cry like a girl over what I said?

MPF
06-04-2012, 05:00 PM
I don't 100% get the reference, but this image suggests to me you're going to cry like a girl over what I said?

In hall honesty you are not wrong. Prong is one of if not the best band on the bill

The ranking for me is

Dethklok
Prong
Gojira
Cannibal Corpse
Dillinger Escape Plan
Lamb Of God
Deftones
Slipknot

WOLVERINEKILLS
06-04-2012, 05:02 PM
I hear that if the shows are successful it is very possible it will become an annual tour to run every August.

MPF
06-04-2012, 05:06 PM
I hear that if the shows are successful it is very possible it will become an annual tour to run every August.

The one in Somerset, WI will sell out, mark my words. There hasn't been a Metal show in Somerset since the 2nd to last full Ozzfest tour. when the amplitheater told Sharon to go fuck herself.

and at a 20 minute drive for me, I can't wait to go.

Cross Face Chicken Wing
06-04-2012, 05:52 PM
The one in Somerset, WI will sell out, mark my words. There hasn't been a Metal show in Somerset since the 2nd to last full Ozzfest tour. when the amplitheater told Sharon to go fuck herself.

and at a 20 minute drive for me, I can't wait to go.

Unless the venue has significantly reduced its capacity, there is no way it will sell out. Ozzy couldn't sell it out back in the day for Ozzfest, even when combined with the Warped Tour. Metallica also didn't sell it out back in '93-94.

ravenheart
06-04-2012, 07:46 PM

They've been calling it the "first annual" since the site went up, so that's obvious.

WOLVERINEKILLS
06-04-2012, 08:42 PM
They've been calling it the "first annual" since the site went up, so that's obvious.

They are saying it is a destination festival this year, but I am hearing they are looking at taking it out as a full blown tour...

Xenocide
06-04-2012, 08:46 PM
That'd be pretty cool

treghet
06-05-2012, 08:58 AM
That actually was the first thing that came to mind when I heard about the Iowa show. :lol:

but the MN, really WI show is all Metal so it works for me.

With the addition of this stuff mentioned a couple pages back

Among the activities the festival is offering as part of its "dark carnival experience" are circus big-top tents, pillars of fire, amusement park rides, burlesque performers, firebreathers, stilt walkers, drum circles made of junkyard cars and graffiti walls. The two shows will also debut a Slipknot museum.

It does sound more like GOTJ now. It won't be nearly as crazy though, especially since a lot of the fans attending will probably be teens.

brutal_descent
06-05-2012, 09:05 AM
It does sound more like GOTJ now. It won't be nearly as crazy though, especially since a lot of the fans attending will probably be teens.

Whereas for GOTJ Juggalos from all over the country would flock, for Knotfest there'll be a congregation of maggots :lol:

WOLVERINEKILLS
07-30-2012, 09:23 AM
Machine Head is one of the replacement bands for LoG/Dethklok

MPF
07-30-2012, 01:28 PM

:drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool:

DisposableJustice
07-31-2012, 11:35 PM
As WOLVERINEKILLS said, the official post from Machine Head's FB

Machine Head have been added to the bill for Slipknot's "Knotfest", an inaugural two-day heavy music festival taking place on August 17th in Council Bluffs, IA and August 18th in Minneapolis, MN.

Says Machine Head frontman Robb Flynn, "We are deeply saddened by the fact that our brother Randy of Lamb Of God remains incarcerated, he is innocent, and we continue to put our thoughts out to him so that he may be free soon. While we are extremely excited to be a part of the first annual Knotfest (which will be HUGE), we can't help feel it is a bittersweet moment. We will do our best to honor Dethklok, Randy, and Lamb Of God's absence by playing a blistering set, and should Randy still be in jail, we will have Knotfest singing our songs loud enough for him to hear in Prague.

FREE RANDY BLYTHE!!!"

hiddenzombie013
08-01-2012, 12:09 AM
Although I'm not going to this, if I was, Machine Head is a totally OK replacement. You really couldn't ask for much better, although they really need another replacement too considering two bands dropped off.

WOLVERINEKILLS
08-01-2012, 12:14 AM
Although I'm not going to this, if I was, Machine Head is a totally OK replacement. You really couldn't ask for much better, although they really need another replacement too considering two bands dropped off.

They are working on another. I hear it could be In Flames or As I Lay Dying, not sure.

RampinUp46
08-01-2012, 04:39 PM

https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn1/560955_421384244574655_273854344_n.jpg

...Sorry, I had to. :lol:

In all seriousness though, that's not a bad replacement at all. As I Lay Dying though...I'm not a fan, so I can't really say for sure, and I'm not too familiar with In Flames - especially from Reroute to Remain onward.

Hoping for the best in the LoG/Knotfest situations though.

WOLVERINEKILLS
08-03-2012, 09:35 AM
According to their press release LoG is still playing Knotfest.

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=177650

MPF
08-03-2012, 01:16 PM
According to their press release LoG is still playing Knotfest.

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=177650

I couldn't be happier that I'm going now. Even as an early day LOPG fan,t his makes me quite happy.

Lamb Of God
Machine Head
Gojira
Cannibal Corpse
Prong
Dillinger Escape Plan (WHo I'm interviewing) What else do I need?

MPF
08-03-2012, 01:37 PM
Now that I think about it....

The only difference now is that Machine Head is replacing Dethklok. Should I feel jipped or happy?

300%_Density
08-03-2012, 02:01 PM
Now that I think about it....

The only difference now is that Machine Head is replacing Dethklok. Should I feel jipped or happy?

Me personally... Upgrade.

MPF
08-03-2012, 03:12 PM
Just read a rumor that Dethklok still may play Knotfest....and they are keeping Machine Head. I hope this is true.

WOLVERINEKILLS
08-08-2012, 09:55 PM
From the Knotfest facebook:

MAIN STAGE

Slipknot 10:20PM-12:00AM
Deftones 8:10PM-9:10PM
Serj Tankian 6:10PM-7:00PM
Dillinger Escape Plan 4:30PM-5:10PM

SECOND STAGE

Lamb of God 9:15PM-10:15PM
Machine Head 7:05PM-8:05PM
Cannibal Corpse 5:15PM-6:05PM
Prong 3:45PM-4:25PM
Gojira 3:00PM-3:30PM

dcmetal108
08-08-2012, 10:15 PM
Such random times running back and forth.

treghet
08-08-2012, 10:17 PM
A half hour of Gojira is simply not enough.

brutal_descent
08-08-2012, 10:17 PM
A half hour of Gojira is simply not enough.

It's bullshit that they're playing before Prong, too.

Steev
08-08-2012, 10:32 PM

No, not really

MPF
08-08-2012, 10:32 PM
That's the time slots for the Somerset show not the Iowa show. That said, a half hour of Gojira....it's still a half hour more then I've ever seen them, so it will work.

WOLVERINEKILLS
08-09-2012, 01:14 AM

I like Gojira but Prong kills them live!!!

Cross Face Chicken Wing
08-09-2012, 10:34 AM
I think they should cut 10 minutes from Cannibal Corpse's set. That would give the band time to run over to Serj Tankian's trailer, beat the hell out of him so he can't perform, then give Tankian's set time to Gojira and Prong.

hellawaits77ny
08-09-2012, 12:47 PM
I think they should cut 10 minutes from Cannibal Corpse's set. That would give the band time to run over to Serj Tankian's trailer, beat the hell out of him so he can't perform, then give Tankian's set time to Gojira and Prong.

If I were going, that's what I hope would happen. Minus CC losing 10 minutes.

300%_Density
08-09-2012, 12:58 PM
I like Gojira but Prong kills them live!!!

THIS :party: