Mandatory Suicide
Psychopathy Red
Dead Skin Mask
Silent Scream
Spirit in Black
Postmortem
Raining Blood
Angel of Death

That's pretty cool that they're opening up with South of Heaven. Nice to see Spirit in Black back in there, no Seasons in the abyss makes me a sad panda but oh well. Postmortem-Raining is always nice. The setlist is still cool beans :D

Source. Setlist.fm

christopher
06-02-2012, 12:33 AM
Holy shit that set is awesome! I hope they keep that for mayhem! :D

Sepultura69
06-02-2012, 12:38 AM
Holy shit that set is awesome! I hope they keep that for mayhem! :D

Me too. Just get rid of Dead Skin Mask in favor of something off Hell Awaits and we're good to go. :D

christopher
06-02-2012, 12:49 AM
Me too. Just get rid of Dead Skin Mask in favor of something off Hell Awaits and we're good to go. :D

Change it for Piece by Piece and Hardening of the Arteries and I'll be happy. I would be even happier if Evil has no Boundaries was played!!:rocker:

MetalIsArt
06-02-2012, 02:08 AM
A very good list indeed. :allan:

Dextrimental
06-02-2012, 02:15 AM
Spirit In Black. Sweet CHRIST if we get that at Graspop, I'm not sure what I'll do!

cradle_of_maiden
06-02-2012, 03:30 AM
They need to start playing Disciple again...

brutal_descent
06-02-2012, 03:50 AM

thiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiis

rjturtle9
06-02-2012, 04:16 AM
That's a way better set! Fuck!

treghet
06-02-2012, 04:47 AM

No, they need to play something off Hell Awaits. How can they ignore that album? Otherwise it is a good set though.

makethemsuffer12
06-02-2012, 05:24 AM
Nice! I would love it if they kept some of those deep cuts from RIB in the set for Mayhem (or Die by the Sword), but I'm not getting my hopes up.

cradle_of_maiden
06-02-2012, 06:18 AM
Spirit In Black. Sweet CHRIST if we get that at Graspop, I'm not sure what I'll do!

No, they need to play something off Hell Awaits. How can they ignore that album? Otherwise it is a good set though.

How could a band not want 10,000 people screaming "god hates us all" in unison....?

anomynous
06-02-2012, 07:04 AM
How could they ignore Hell Awaits?

Because it's mediocre.

IrritatedTrout
06-02-2012, 07:06 AM

Because it's mediocre.

This. It's got a few good songs but it's definitely not great.

Sepultura69
06-02-2012, 09:53 AM

Because it's mediocre.

He said what!!!! OH NO YOU DIDN'T! :eek:

ravenheart
06-02-2012, 10:55 AM

SO this.

DisposableJustice
06-02-2012, 12:29 PM
I do like them opening with South of Heaven with that epic intro, I've heard people say South is too slow to start a show with but fuck 'em

Take out DSM and put back Seasons and this set is almost perfect. I would like to see Hell Awaits or Kill Again thrown in

btw here is the set from a headlining show from May 27th in France, made of awesome

World Painted Blood
Psychopathy Red
War Ensemble
Die by the Sword
Chemical Warfare
Hate Worldwide
Postmortem
Spirit in Black
Mandatory Suicide
Altar of Sacrifice
Jesus Saves
Seasons in the Abyss
Epidemic
Dead Skin Mask
Snuff
Angel of Death
South of Heaven
Raining Blood

Sepultura69
06-02-2012, 12:33 PM
I do like them opening with South of Heaven with that epic intro, I've heard people say South is too slow to start a show with but fuck 'em

Take out DSM and put back Seasons and this set is almost perfect. I would like to see Hell Awaits or Kill Again thrown in

btw here is the set from a headlining show from May 27th in France, made of awesome

World Painted Blood
Psychopathy Red
War Ensemble
Die by the Sword
Chemical Warfare
Hate Worldwide
Postmortem
Spirit in Black
Mandatory Suicide
Altar of Sacrifice
Jesus Saves
Seasons in the Abyss
Epidemic
Dead Skin Mask
Snuff
Angel of Death
South of Heaven
Raining Blood

Damn, six songs off Reign in Blood. I like the fact that the album is so short that they can manage to squeeze so many songs in their sets. I really hope they keep Epidemic and Jesus Saves for Mayhem Fest. :D

Blacktooth85
06-02-2012, 12:52 PM
Hell Awaits mediocre? Are you out of your mind or just a new Slayer fan? It's right up there with Reign in Blood, i actually like it better than RIB. And Hell Awaits smokes "Seasons", an album everyone praises so much. I don't know why. It's a decent album, but highly overrated.... And they needed to drop Disciple. They've been playing it for over 10 years now. It gets old.

Other than the lack of Hell Awaits material, again!, The set is pretty killer. I kind of wish they kept Black Magic right after Raining Blood.

brutal_descent
06-02-2012, 12:56 PM
And they needed to drop Disciple. They've been playing it for over 10 years now. It gets old.

...maybe if you've seen them a million times over those past ten years. :tp: I've only seen them once, and I'd kill to hear it.

Blacktooth85
06-02-2012, 01:05 PM
...maybe if you've seen them a million times over those past ten years. :tp: I've only seen them once, and I'd kill to hear it.

Yeah well they'll probably bring it back at some point.

Sepultura69
06-02-2012, 01:10 PM
And they needed to drop Disciple. They've been playing it for over 10 years now. It gets old.

This, but more importantly the song sucks live. I thought it sounded very boring at mayhem fest in 2009 and it doesn't capture the heaviness that the album version holds. Plus Tom can't even sing close to that demonic crazy tone that he has on God Hates Us All. I'm glad they stopped playing it because they don't capture the awesomeness that the album version holds. Payback is a different story though....

JRA
06-02-2012, 01:36 PM

Because it's mediocre.

http://imgsrv.98pxy.com/image/wpxy2/UserFiles/Image/trololo.jpg

LIVEtoROCK86
06-02-2012, 05:46 PM
Postmortem > Raining Blood is awesome! I would love it if they played something like Kill Again or Praise Of Death from Hell Awaits, but it's very unlikely.

mankvill
06-02-2012, 06:15 PM

Because it's mediocre.

http://i.ytimg.com/vi/tplFD_VUpuQ/0.jpg

Blitzkrieg Witchcraft
06-02-2012, 09:58 PM

Because it's mediocre.

http://2nerd.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/yoda-haters-meme.jpg

Sepultura69
06-03-2012, 01:47 PM
http://2nerd.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/yoda-haters-meme.jpg

I actually laughed when I saw this, mainly because I would never expect these kinds of posts from you. :lol:

Chris_M_S
06-03-2012, 07:30 PM
I just need some Black Magic, I feel like I've seen them play everything else I'd want to hear at this point, song-wise

Jochen
06-05-2012, 08:28 AM
When I first saw Slayer in '06, they opened with South of Heaven, and it was fucking awesome. I'm hoping they'll do that for Mayhem.

marker
06-05-2012, 10:02 AM
Too bad they will have to cut a few songs for Mayhem. 55 minutes is pretty much the norm for their slot on Mayhem.

philcore
06-05-2012, 03:05 PM
Too bad they will have to cut a few songs for Mayhem. 55 minutes is pretty much the norm for their slot on Mayhem.

I don't think they need to cut that much cause stuff off Reign in Blood is super fast/short. Slayer, if you're reading this cut:

World Painted Blood
Hate Worldwide
Psychopathy Red
Dead Skin Mask

and possibly add Epidemic and/or Dittohead.